Author Topic: venture bushings  (Read 13637 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: venture bushings
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2020, 10:10:39 AM »
Bumping this thread, does anyone know where you can buy green/purple venture stock bushings?

I've had two sets of Ventures and to me it felt like the white bushings and purple ones feel equally good once broken in, but the purple ones broke in wayyyy quicker.

One of my purple top bushings is a bit shredded from smiths so looking for some replacement ones, preferably green or purple for the aesthetics.
these the purps
https://www.skatedeluxe.com/en/venture-trucks-98a-bottom-bushings-purple_p118839?cPath=221&brand_id=98
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2020, 12:53:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Bumping this thread, does anyone know where you can buy green/purple venture stock bushings?

I've had two sets of Ventures and to me it felt like the white bushings and purple ones feel equally good once broken in, but the purple ones broke in wayyyy quicker.

One of my purple top bushings is a bit shredded from smiths so looking for some replacement ones, preferably green or purple for the aesthetics.
[close]
these the purps
https://www.skatedeluxe.com/en/venture-trucks-98a-bottom-bushings-purple_p118839?cPath=221&brand_id=98

Ahh thanks but I need a top bushing and it seems like this is a singular bottom one lol.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2020, 01:48:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
these the purps
[close]

Ahh thanks but I need a top bushing and it seems like this is a singular bottom one lol.

I just ordered some green super crushes off Amazon. The only other colors I saw was black and clear which are super crush super soft.

I also believe that the stock bushings are all one hardness the lows being little softer.

I'm pretty sure you can get single red top bushings but it's a euro site
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2020, 03:59:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
these the purps

I'm behind on my Venture knowledge. Has it been confirmed that stock Ventures come with 98d bushings? Would explain a lot.

legion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2020, 04:04:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
these the purps
[close]

I'm behind on my Venture knowledge. Has it been confirmed that stock Ventures come with 98d bushings? Would explain a lot.
Idk.. but I thought someone here said 94a, lil bit harder than Indy and thunder? They're 92a?
Skatedeluxe says 94a and 98a if you start clicking around.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2020, 04:15:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
these the purps
[close]

[close]
Idk.. but I thought someone here said 94a, lil bit harder than Indy and thunder? They're 92a?
Skatedeluxe says 94a and 98a if you start clicking around.

Indy is 90a. Thunder advertises as 90a, but people have different opinions on that. Ace has always advertised their 92/88a combo. Never had Ventures confirmed one way or the other, would be interesting to know for sure. I'm off Ventures but when I had my 5.8's for a spell the length of time they took to break-in would suggest a much harder bushing than the others. 

sadnocomply

• Rep: 138
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2020, 04:26:48 PM »
So when you buy them stock the bushings should all be 90a like most other truck brands. Some have posted about DLX confirming 90a as well. I think the general opinion is that everyone thinks they are much harder than that, hence the 92-94a confusion. The ones y’all are talking about above me are just the aftermarket “deluxe supercush tack and supply bushings” those particular ones confuse people because the green is 94a and purp is 97a but these are the much more “harder” labeled bushings than what comes stock. They just happen to be the same colors as what comes with the worrest model (green) & polished model (purps) Hope that helps clear some of it up. Some of my venture stocks feel like 90a and some of them feel like 94-96 makes no sense lol but here we are. It’s no wonder so many people swap em out but I haven’t had any issues after breaking in each pair so far.

Indy cylinder bottoms work wonders as well i ran those and stock venture tops with normal washers no problems last setup (5.6) hanger

Chimppimpin

• Rep: 4
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2024, 06:27:16 AM »
bumping this thread again because it seems like I can’t find them anywhere. Anyone have any good suggestions? mine are toast.

lulz

• Rep: 52
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2024, 09:54:56 AM »
bumping this thread again because it seems like I can’t find them anywhere. Anyone have any good suggestions? mine are toast.

Been digging ace low bushings in ventures.

For me, the break in process is: one hour of heal/toe. I don’t ride them new, they are too soft. Don’t know how long to break in riding, way too long. I put the board somewhere I walk by all the time. Every time I see it it gets a minute or five, until it reaches 60.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1003
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2024, 10:27:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Been digging ace low bushings in ventures.

For me, the break in process is: one hour of heal/toe. I don’t ride them new, they are too soft. Don’t know how long to break in riding, way too long. I put the board somewhere I walk by all the time. Every time I see it it gets a minute or five, until it reaches 60.

Slappy bushings fit and feel great, durability is fine in trucks that aren't slappy (go figure)
https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Slappy_Bushings/catpage-BUSLAPPY.html

Any Indy aftermarket will work, they are the same size and plenty of duro to choose from.

ACE lows are good too, bottom bushing is just a hair shorter, but you won't notice. ACE low bottom ACE low HARD TOP even better.

Chimppimpin

• Rep: 4
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2024, 08:12:57 PM »
ended up getting doh doh’s cuz that’s all the closest shop had, and honestly they aren’t bad kinda surprised