Author Topic: Ask Karl  (Read 259555 times)

ORGANIKARL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
Re: Ask Karl
« Reply #1440 on: November 01, 2013, 11:02:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Karl, since you lost your virginity what's the longest you've gone without sex?

Tracer
[close]
HAHA! Yeah Tracer! Not very long at all. I'd say at the most 2 months. You?
[close]
Karl! 3 months, I was travelling South East Asia and there was so much going on I couldn't give a shit.

Since I'm here I may as well ask another question

Since you turned pro, have you ever been recognized im public by anyone worthwhile?
Yes. And everybody is worthwhile!

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #1441 on: November 01, 2013, 06:14:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey Karl
Why doesn't Matt Rod ride for you?
[close]
GOOD QUESTION! Dude, I have no idea why not. He's seriously one of my favorite dudes. Whenever we talk its just never about business.

Things are changing and Organika is growing, who else do you see fitting on the team?
[close]

Nate Jones  :'(
[close]
I wish!!

Somehow dig him up from whatever hole in SF he's been hiding in. A lot of people would be very very happy to see him skating again.

dipsteeze

• Rep: -22
« Reply #1442 on: November 02, 2013, 06:18:57 AM »
Karl you are the man! Your style and trick selection are the best, your a true role model. Just a quick question about pro skateboarders in general I guess. How much time would you say an average pro skates, Every day, Few times a week? I found it interesting in that documentary about street league there's a section Chris Cole says he hadn't skated in over a week due to being busy with family and other things like that, and he even says sometimes he wishes he was younger again so he could skate more. I just found it interesting seeing how I had always just assumed every pro has all the time in the world. Oh and do you know any pros that hold down jobs as well as skating? Thanks Karl

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #1443 on: November 02, 2013, 09:08:58 AM »
hey karl, i broke off my ankle riding an organika. you guys gonna pay me back or what?
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

djtraceman610

• Rep: 38
« Reply #1444 on: November 03, 2013, 01:34:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Hey Karl
[close]
GOOD QUESTION! Dude, I have no idea why not. He's seriously one of my favorite dudes. Whenever we talk its just never about business.

Things are changing and Organika is growing, who else do you see fitting on the team?

I'm sure you remember Mike Maldonado, he's been a little under the radar living at his farm i think, but he's still ripping

You probably don't know Brian Douglas though. He's a very underrated east coast, and as of the last few years west coast ripper. one of the most respected skateboarders on the East coast. His video parts don't do him justice. I've seen him do lines around Love park all day every day filmer or not

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #1445 on: November 03, 2013, 02:16:18 PM »
you should definitely keep going grassroots looking for riders. get the most unknown goodhearted rippers and bring them up. also you guys should start printing on colored shirts instead of just black and gray. earthtones  ;)

Shredsledder

« Reply #1446 on: November 03, 2013, 02:29:43 PM »
judging by the flower of life under your name you are into sacred geometry?

me too!

Conor Thunderson

« Reply #1447 on: November 03, 2013, 03:11:40 PM »
im just stoked you back quim.  he seems pretty eccentric, but definitely someone that deserves all the positive recognition he gets.  he's one of the few that have kept it real since way back, and makes sense to be on a team with karl.  another who has kept it real since way back! i remember writing "mad circle" on all my folders in school. haha

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1383
« Reply #1448 on: November 03, 2013, 04:21:31 PM »
Hi Karl, I've always enjoyed your watching your skating, esp. that nollie f/s flip switch nose manual in Chomp On This and the switch inward heelflip 5-0 at 3rd and Army.  Much respect!

Just wanted to ask about the day Woody Harrelson came to Pier 7, I read that he was psyched on the skating and you tried to teach him how to ollie. What was that whole situation like?  Did he come close to landing one?

spammy

• Rep: -17
« Reply #1449 on: November 03, 2013, 09:59:33 PM »
yo karl why are you so gay?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1450 on: November 04, 2013, 08:51:59 AM »
Karl you are the man! Your style and trick selection are the best, your a true role model. Just a quick question about pro skateboarders in general I guess. How much time would you say an average pro skates, Every day, Few times a week? I found it interesting in that documentary about street league there's a section Chris Cole says he hadn't skated in over a week due to being busy with family and other things like that, and he even says sometimes he wishes he was younger again so he could skate more. I just found it interesting seeing how I had always just assumed every pro has all the time in the world. Oh and do you know any pros that hold down jobs as well as skating? Thanks Karl
Yeah, sometimes I feel the same way. Because when you're young with less responsibilities you have so much more time to skate.
Most older skaters have families so that can effect how much time we have on our boards. I personally skate at least 4 days a week. But now is a bit different. Sometimes I have to squeeze in my sessions and usually its a solo mission (which I dont mind) 
I know Adrian Williams holds down like 2 or 3 jobs. I held down 1 job for a while when I was on Mad Circle. 
Thanks for the love, man! I appreciate it...

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1451 on: November 04, 2013, 08:53:05 AM »
hey karl, i broke off my ankle riding an organika. you guys gonna pay me back or what?
Dang that sucks!! It wasn't the board, I promise. 

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1452 on: November 04, 2013, 08:57:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hey Karl
[close]

[close]

I'm sure you remember Mike Maldonado, he's been a little under the radar living at his farm i think, but he's still ripping

You probably don't know Brian Douglas though. He's a very underrated east coast, and as of the last few years west coast ripper. one of the most respected skateboarders on the East coast. His video parts don't do him justice. I've seen him do lines around Love park all day every day filmer or not

Mad respect for Maldonado!! Dude that line at Love with the back tail revert the hard way was amazing!! Brian Douglas is a ripper. Thanks for sharing.

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1453 on: November 04, 2013, 08:58:32 AM »
you should definitely keep going grassroots looking for riders. get the most unknown goodhearted rippers and bring them up. also you guys should start printing on colored shirts instead of just black and gray. earthtones  ;)
Made a note of that. Thanks!!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1454 on: November 04, 2013, 09:03:27 AM »

me too!
Yes ;D We are all into sacred geometry but most are not aware of this. Its the language of the Universe. I've been drawing/creating for 15 years now. I love it! Lotti just told me that MJ is into making sacred geometry art too. When i heard that my mind was blown! I kinda love MJ  :-*

Do you create too?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1455 on: November 04, 2013, 09:07:17 AM »
im just stoked you back quim.  he seems pretty eccentric, but definitely someone that deserves all the positive recognition he gets.  he's one of the few that have kept it real since way back, and makes sense to be on a team with karl.  another who has kept it real since way back! i remember writing "mad circle" on all my folders in school. haha
Hell yeah! Thats whats up! Quim is a living legend for sure. Im glad we've been on the same team for 12 years now. Its crazy!
Thank you!!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1456 on: November 04, 2013, 09:12:19 AM »
Hi Karl, I've always enjoyed your watching your skating, esp. that nollie f/s flip switch nose manual in Chomp On This and the switch inward heelflip 5-0 at 3rd and Army.  Much respect!

Just wanted to ask about the day Woody Harrelson came to Pier 7, I read that he was psyched on the skating and you tried to teach him how to ollie. What was that whole situation like?  Did he come close to landing one?

Wow! You know skateboarding!!
Dude, that Woody Harrelson day was incredible. Homeboy came to the Pier in a hemp suit with a fanny pack filled with about 10000 in one hundred dollar bills.
He asked my friend to ride his board and he just cruised around a bit, came back and offered to by it off of him. My friend said yes and thats when he opened up that fanny pack. We had never seen so much money.
But the highlight was watching him skate away.

One of the best days in my life!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1457 on: November 04, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »
yo karl why are you so gay?
Ninja please!

Shredsledder

« Reply #1458 on: November 04, 2013, 09:16:11 AM »
Expand Quote

me too!
[close]
Yes ;D We are all into sacred geometry but most are not aware of this. Its the language of the Universe. I've been drawing/creating for 15 years now. I love it! Lotti just told me that MJ is into making sacred geometry art too. When i heard that my mind was blown! I kinda love MJ� :-*

Do you create too?

yeah I just got started, got myself a compass and some watercolors and have been having a blast! that's tight about MJ, I'm sure his stuff is a sight to behold.  

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1459 on: November 04, 2013, 09:34:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

me too!
[close]
Yes ;D We are all into sacred geometry but most are not aware of this. Its the language of the Universe. I've been drawing/creating for 15 years now. I love it! Lotti just told me that MJ is into making sacred geometry art too. When i heard that my mind was blown! I kinda love MJ� :-*

Do you create too?
[close]

yeah I just got started, got myself a compass and some watercolors and have been having a blast! that's tight about MJ, I'm sure his stuff is a sight to behold.  
Rad!! Are you on instagram? If so, lets follow each other. Organikarl1111

Conor Thunderson

« Reply #1460 on: November 04, 2013, 10:32:54 AM »
Karl: are you still vegan or vegetarian?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1461 on: November 04, 2013, 10:41:25 AM »
I am no longer either. I eat fish, eggs and sometimes cheese. When I was a vegan for 11 years I was very unhealthy. I ate sooo many vegan cookies and cakes lol. And rarely ate my veggies. Because the product said "vegan" I used that as an excuse to over indulge. I eat way better now.
What about you?

mr cheese

« Reply #1462 on: November 04, 2013, 10:45:54 AM »
Will Josh Anderson have any footage for Organika in the near future?

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1463 on: November 04, 2013, 10:52:52 AM »
We've recently put this out:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:58:13 AM by ORGANIKARL »

Conor Thunderson

« Reply #1464 on: November 04, 2013, 10:53:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I am no longer either. I eat fish, eggs and sometimes cheese. When I was a vegan for 11 years I was very unhealthy. I ate sooo many vegan cookies and cakes lol. And rarely ate my veggies. Because the product said "vegan" I used that as an excuse to over indulge. I eat way better now.
What about you?

ive been on and off between pescatarian to vegetarian and now vegan as an evolving process for over 15 years.  diet is a constant evolutionary process that is unique to the individual involved. a recent high blood pressure scare made me rethink my diet, and found the restrictions of a vegan diet would actually benefit me greatly.  i feel better than ever, but as i am not much for sweets, i eat a lot of fruit, veggies, and indulge on the vega one shakes (http://myvega.com/product/vega-one-nutritional-shake/) which i would recommend to anyone on any diet.   i just am always interested in other people that have been veg in the past that might be as neurotic as me when it comes to diet and exercise.  thanks for asking!  good vibes!!!

Ayejay

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1465 on: November 04, 2013, 11:22:55 AM »
Perusing this thread has been super cool! Props for being so open with information. Stoked to hopefully link up on the art tip!

mr cheese

« Reply #1466 on: November 04, 2013, 05:55:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
We've recently put this out:
Thank you! That was great video! Been hyped on Josh since he was on Manik skateboards. Definitely deserves a pro model!

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1467 on: November 04, 2013, 06:23:19 PM »
Karl what is your favorite Canadian city and why?

Shredsledder

« Reply #1468 on: November 04, 2013, 07:19:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

me too!
[close]

Do you create too?
[close]

[close]
Rad!! Are you on instagram? If so, lets follow each other. Organikarl1111

I'm afraid not(no phone). regardless I'll check your stuff out. Once I make something that I can be fully proud of I'll be sure to send an image your way via PM or something. Thanks for the positive vibes dude!

ORGANIKARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1469 on: November 05, 2013, 09:41:14 AM »
Perusing this thread has been super cool! Props for being so open with information. Stoked to hopefully link up on the art tip!
Thanks for the love! And yes indeed on some art. Hit me up if you have something you'd like to share.