Author Topic: Jake Phelps persona non grata  (Read 122609 times)

scab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 200
Re: Jake Phelps persona non grata
« Reply #510 on: January 06, 2023, 02:25:52 AM »
He also hated stevie williams and loved Mike Vallely

I'm always trying to be inclusive, preaching how there's a place for everyone in skating... Until I see takes like this and just fucking rage for a couple of hours. That guy must have been a nightmare.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #511 on: January 06, 2023, 04:27:17 AM »
Expand Quote
we're all nwords when we die
[close]

Is that a title of an unreleased 2Pac joint?

Will be released under Makaveli

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #512 on: January 06, 2023, 05:06:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It was always fuck Phelps. Used to have a dude just like him in my friend group, talked shit on people’s style and was constantly saying “this is some n***** shit” when things wouldn’t go his way but this crusty, shitbrained, permanently red in the face punk rock dicklord would have the fakest wannabe surfer steeze carving around doing his stupid ass early grab disasters in his hawaiian shirts, khaki shorts, high ass tube socks and ridiculous floral hightop vans, just FUMING at anyone who was doing anything on their skateboard except fantasizing about jerking Hosoi off in a Planet Fitness sauna.
[close]

this post was hard as fuck. i actually hate this punk rock dicklord now, too, and i have never ever met him.
[close]

Hahaha - I feel the same way. The unknown man to me until this post is a person I hate after reading this. Sounds like a real annoying cunt! Where I grew up we had a guy called satan jens who couldn't skate very well but had a huge influence on my local skate park that for example demanding people to smell a bottle that he had farted in order to be allowed in to his private parties. People did it. He also hated stevie williams and loved Mike Vallely. This was during the whole hesh vs. tech era - and he was king of hesh in his own head in my area. cunt's come in many forms. He caused a bunch of drama, division and controversial all the time. Fuck satan jens and his fart bottle. hahaha. He used to have this party trick where he would take a knife and cut him self in the chest to make people think he was really satanic while listening to cannibal corpse.

thanks for the new sign, have a gnar

thebacker

« Reply #513 on: January 06, 2023, 05:11:49 AM »
Jake Phelps Fact #262: Jake Phelps no longer calls people the n-word because he is dead.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1232
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #514 on: January 06, 2023, 09:33:09 AM »
They killed phelps and monk!!!!! Wonder whatever happened to her

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2237
« Reply #515 on: January 06, 2023, 09:47:06 AM »
Jake Phelps Fact #262: Jake Phelps no longer calls people the n-word because he is dead.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

thebacker

« Reply #516 on: January 06, 2023, 09:55:16 AM »
Back when I had Instagram I went deep down that rabbit hole. Holy fuck what a mess that woman is. Her going to that skatepark and yelling all that stuff was one of the most awkward things I’ve ever seen

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1232
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #517 on: January 06, 2023, 10:10:08 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Back when I had Instagram I went deep down that rabbit hole. Holy fuck what a mess that woman is. Her going to that skatepark and yelling all that stuff was one of the most awkward things I’ve ever seen
yeah that was honestly one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever seen in skateboarding. Her YouTube is just as crazy

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #518 on: January 06, 2023, 10:27:55 AM »
how am i supposed to explain to my daughter why all of her jake phelps posters have to come down  :'(

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #519 on: January 06, 2023, 11:08:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
yeah that was honestly one of the most bizarre things I’ve ever seen in skateboarding. Her YouTube is just as crazy

Link ?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #520 on: January 06, 2023, 11:09:40 AM »
how am i supposed to explain to my daughter why all of her jake phelps posters have to come down  :'(

just tell her "the hellride's over kid"

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #521 on: January 06, 2023, 11:12:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Jake Phelps Fact #262: Jake Phelps no longer calls people the n-word because he's hella dead.
[close]

thebacker

« Reply #522 on: January 06, 2023, 11:18:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Link ?

https://www.youtube.com/@leharrafortunegreene5742

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1087
« Reply #523 on: January 06, 2023, 01:17:28 PM »

I know I mentioned this before but I saw this woman fall into the deep end of the local skatepark bowl and break her ankle. I called her an ambulance and we hung out until they carried her away. She asked me for my Instagram and I told her that I didn't have one.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 48
« Reply #524 on: January 06, 2023, 01:46:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It was always fuck Phelps. Used to have a dude just like him in my friend group, talked shit on people’s style and was constantly saying “this is some n***** shit” when things wouldn’t go his way but this crusty, shitbrained, permanently red in the face punk rock dicklord would have the fakest wannabe surfer steeze carving around doing his stupid ass early grab disasters in his hawaiian shirts, khaki shorts, high ass tube socks and ridiculous floral hightop vans, just FUMING at anyone who was doing anything on their skateboard except fantasizing about jerking Hosoi off in a Planet Fitness sauna.
[close]

this post was hard as fuck. i actually hate this punk rock dicklord now, too, and i have never ever met him.
[close]

Hahaha - I feel the same way. The unknown man to me until this post is a person I hate after reading this. Sounds like a real annoying cunt! Where I grew up we had a guy called satan jens who couldn't skate very well but had a huge influence on my local skate park that for example demanding people to smell a bottle that he had farted in order to be allowed in to his private parties. People did it. He also hated stevie williams and loved Mike Vallely. This was during the whole hesh vs. tech era - and he was king of hesh in his own head in my area. cunt's come in many forms. He caused a bunch of drama, division and controversial all the time. Fuck satan jens and his fart bottle. hahaha. He used to have this party trick where he would take a knife and cut him self in the chest to make people think he was really satanic while listening to cannibal corpse.
[close]

Thanks man - good sign.

and to the guy asking this:
Please tell us what is Satan Jens doing now? And the people who smelled is bottled farts?

Satan Jens lives in rural Denmark and has mellowed out. But from what I hear he still have a lowkey beef with me being in to switch Crooks and Wu-tang. He was a devious fuck but he was also kind of fun in his own madness. I must give Satan Jens that, when choosing to reveal this story on here. What ever - it was the mid nineties and we where kids trying to figure it all out. I was in to smoking weed and tech skate, raw east coast and sf skating. He was in to satan, Neil Heddings and farting in a bottle for people to sniff.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -517
« Reply #525 on: January 06, 2023, 02:09:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Link ?
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/@leharrafortunegreene5742

Does anyone have this ladies contact info? I could use her relentless determination in an investigation I’m doing into a payroll conspiracy that includes one of the top skate media brands and some major players. 

I think she’s wasting her talents with this orcas island stuff. 

veritas

« Reply #526 on: January 06, 2023, 04:19:58 PM »

Would be crazy if he kept doing it anyway

Mallie

• Rep: 37
« Reply #527 on: January 06, 2023, 04:54:35 PM »
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #528 on: January 06, 2023, 09:08:00 PM »
I hated Phelps when he was alive but now that he’s gone I just hate Thrasher.

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #529 on: January 06, 2023, 09:14:42 PM »
I wonder if thrasher would have become as lame as it is now if phelps was still alive. Some people like to act like he stopped it from going full kook but really he seemed to be the one pushing it in that direction and burnett just continued the trajectory.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #530 on: January 06, 2023, 11:12:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jake Phelps Fact #262: Jake Phelps no longer calls people the n-word because he's hella dead n****.
[close]
[close]
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #531 on: January 07, 2023, 06:49:41 AM »
Funny thing is Jake was probably paid like what, 60-80k a year?
“Eyes on everybody else paper like a test”

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #532 on: January 07, 2023, 07:06:12 AM »
Expand Quote
how am i supposed to explain to my daughter why all of her jake phelps posters have to come down :'(
[close]
just tell her "the hellride's over kid"

hahahahaha

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #533 on: January 07, 2023, 07:23:37 AM »

It's a good time for a lesson on life.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #534 on: January 07, 2023, 09:09:10 AM »
An older friend told me he met Phelps at a local contest in in Germany in the 90s. He talked to him and Jake persuaded him to drive him to a local vert ramp. At the session Jake thanked him by yelling, him snaking people and aggressively hitting on his girlfriend. There are a lot of those stories about him all over the world. He was such an asshole to people that it was even mentioned in his obituary in one of the major German skate mags.

Ride it to dust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #535 on: March 04, 2023, 09:40:15 AM »
Always blows my mind how he managed to maintain respect in the industry. Also Very surprised that people like Rowley etc still speak highly of him but i guess he was thier mate. Thrasher may as well be under the same umbrella as the Berrics for me. All just commercial bullshit

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -517
« Reply #536 on: March 04, 2023, 10:05:49 AM »
Always blows my mind how he managed to maintain respect in the industry. Also Very surprised that people like Rowley etc still speak highly of him but i guess he was thier mate. Thrasher may as well be under the same umbrella as the Berrics for me. All just commercial bullshit

Regardless what you think of Jake’s persona, I think some people just miss having an editor who wasn’t motivated by the (disproportionately large) paycheck.

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
« Reply #537 on: March 04, 2023, 12:22:51 PM »
white guy from northern ca/boston/any part of the us  in the 20th century was kinda racist holy shit i'm shocked
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #538 on: March 06, 2023, 03:30:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Your Planet Fitness has a sauna????  Jealous

who da thunk it

• Rep: -79
« Reply #539 on: March 06, 2023, 03:40:11 PM »
One of those times he bonked his head he must have knocked his filter loose. After that he was just saying what we were all thinking and that was HELL RIDE FUCK YEA