Author Topic: Anyone think minor threat is amazing?  (Read 564 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Anyone think minor threat is amazing?
« on: March 18, 2019, 05:30:36 PM »
  Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city, linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
Re: Anyone think minor threat is amazing?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 04:05:10 AM »
Why was the other thread locked? Did something go out of hand then get deleted?

To address your original point, Minor Threat has always been one of my favorites - listened to most things Ian McKaye a lot growing up. Every once in a blue moon I'll snap and get into a phase again. I was in a band maybe 15 years ago and we'd cover Filler quite a lot.

I always liked Ian's voice, not the best singer but full of (naive?) sincerity, and emergency, which I like sensing in that type of music. Too many singers / bands fake an attitude (or develop one to fake over time) and I can't look past that as soon as it starts infecting the actual music. In a way maybe it's good Minor Threat was pretty short-lived. It's easy to tell how their later songs that got a bit more sophisticated than their earlier ones marked a transition towards Ian's later projects already. I used to listen to their earlier material and demo tapes a lot when I was younger but now that my teenage angst is all gone, I prefer their later recordings.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 06:39:26 AM »
Why was the other thread locked? Did something go out of hand then get deleted?

To address your original point, Minor Threat has always been one of my favorites - listened to most things Ian McKaye a lot growing up. Every once in a blue moon I'll snap and get into a phase again. I was in a band maybe 15 years ago and we'd cover Filler quite a lot.

I always liked Ian's voice, not the best singer but full of (naive?) sincerity, and emergency, which I like sensing in that type of music. Too many singers / bands fake an attitude (or develop one to fake over time) and I can't look past that as soon as it starts infecting the actual music. In a way maybe it's good Minor Threat was pretty short-lived. It's easy to tell how their later songs that got a bit more sophisticated than their earlier ones marked a transition towards Ian's later projects already. I used to listen to their earlier material and demo tapes a lot when I was younger but now that my teenage angst is all gone, I prefer their later recordings.
  This is what saddens me.  They lock the thread so's you cant see that the thread was a safe place with good discussion.  There were 4 or 5 people contributing but maybe its a way to fast track me to a ban.  Absolute power corrupts the weak.  Oh yah i think the name of the Ian Mckay project i thought was brilliant; "Shovelhead" i think.  Him and the Ministry dude.  The modz dont drink, they dont smoke and they dont fuck.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:13:26 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 11:39:54 AM »
^ Pay no mind to it, it's just a minor thread