Author Topic: HOT LITTLE TAKES  (Read 30064 times)

frontsideNECKTIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
Re: HOT LITTLE TAKES
« Reply #210 on: April 05, 2023, 11:49:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What’s wrong with the 874 material? My goto skate pant. Nothing to complain about
[close]

They've always been in my rotation as well so I can see where you're coming from, but I've heard a lot of people say they don't like the way they feel. Not sure if they just tried them on without washing at all but you can't deny that polyester feels weird when you're used to wearing jeans all the time. 874's don't break in until 2-3 washes
[close]

Gotcha. In the break-in period the feel quite weird. But after that, they are pretty perfect. Good fit, can take a healthy dose of abuse.

Not much of a jeans wearer, so I can’t say anything about how those two pants compare. Carhartt simple pants feel nicer out of the box, but I don’t like the fit that much
[close]

Yeah they're a solid pair of pants once they're broken in. Nice to have so many color options too

Call me weird but I actually like when Dickies are new and stiffer. I like when they're broken in too, but there's a crispy-ness to a fresh pair that I fuck with
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3337
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #211 on: April 05, 2023, 11:54:45 AM »
Roy on Roids is completely fuckable, even with that forehead tattoo.

beandemon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2023, 01:00:50 PM »
the doors fucking suck. jim morrison was a wannabe allen ginsberg rich kid making glorified carnival music and pretending it was subversive

Pretty much, although I’d say neo-romantic rather than wanna be beatnik. If ol’ jimbo wasn’t so photogenic, nobody would care.

Bigfoot is real

« Reply #213 on: April 05, 2023, 01:53:34 PM »
I wish the world would focus less on identity marketing and representation/ woke shit.

People need to trip acid, look at the stars and realize we are all elements of a single consciousness, just a bunch of fucking vibrating energy grids running around chaotically in lower dimensions.

blue

• Rep: -22
« Reply #214 on: April 05, 2023, 02:17:22 PM »
fashion is ruining skateboarding
Nyah deserves all the hate he gets, didn't he rape a girl?
enough with the hill bombing clips, we get it, you can go fast and do an ollie.
drinking isn't that cool
if AO just shut up and skated, he would've be your guys favorite skater.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #215 on: April 06, 2023, 12:49:10 AM »
Hidden lace loops need to make a comeback

livin on a speyer

« Reply #216 on: April 06, 2023, 01:34:03 AM »
Expand Quote
I never liked the Doors
[close]

I listened to a podcast that described them something along the lines of "heinous, psychedelic circus music" and I can never go back.

Break on Through is still sick cause of THUG2 tho
I love this song and this fan made video is really cool.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #217 on: April 06, 2023, 06:23:00 AM »
If you kook a non troll without giving some sort of rebuttal, then you’re probably just in your feelings about someone thinking for themselves.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #218 on: April 06, 2023, 06:26:13 AM »
The next big trend in skateboarding is going to be black kids dressing like the libertines.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #219 on: April 06, 2023, 07:56:40 AM »
love this hating on the Doors.

in that vein, hating on the Beatles is just as boring as thinking they are untouchable gods.

on the skate end,

Some skate brands aren't going to make it through the year

Curren Caples might be the best skater out.
I need a coffee

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #220 on: April 06, 2023, 09:06:16 AM »
love this hating on the Doors.

in that vein, hating on the Beatles is just as boring as thinking they are untouchable gods.

on the skate end,

Some skate brands aren't going to make it through the year

Curren Caples might be the best skater out.

Idk, the Beatles have a handful of good tracks, I liked Eleanor Rigby, Revolution, little help from my friends ( Joe Crockers verison was better) and few others.

But they also have some of the worst rock-pop of that era. Hello, Goodbye sounds like a song for kindergartners and I hate Come Together with a passion

I don't think I've ever put on the Beatles in any sort of group setting.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2023, 09:58:23 AM »
the beatles were basically a boy band until they started doing acid. also john lennon was a fucking asshole. stones all the way but gimme the velvet underground over either

im going hendrix if we're putting on 60s rock

Wienerboy

• Rep: -103
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2023, 10:02:55 AM »
Completely agree with The Doors, halfway about the Beatles.

Another revered band that I have never understood the hype around or liked is Nirvana.

Same song structure, yelling the same line over and over at the end of almost every song. Bad lyrics, played-out to death and the quintessential go-to band / aesthetic for every rebellious teen that has lived since the 90's.
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #223 on: April 06, 2023, 10:08:55 AM »

Another revered band that I have never understood the hype around or liked is Nirvana.

Same song structure, yelling the same line over and over at the end of almost every song. Bad lyrics, played-out to death and the quintessential go-to band / aesthetic for every rebellious teen that has lived since the 90's.

you can’t underestimate the value of putting a guitar in a kid’s hands. nirvana did that for a generation.

i also don’t think VU fits with the beatles/stones convo (stones all day for what it’s worth). i actually think VU compares more fully with the doors b/c of warhol’s involvement with both

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2023, 10:21:41 AM »
the beatles were basically a boy band until they started doing acid. also john lennon was a fucking asshole. stones all the way but gimme the velvet underground over either

I like to wonder about how John Lennon would use Twitter and what would be his opinions about Covid.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #225 on: April 06, 2023, 10:22:02 AM »

Most of Nirvana is easily dismissible, there isn't much on Nevermind I enjoy. Breed isn't too bad.

They're 100% overhyped, but I do like more of their weird, sludge-thrash-punk kind of songs. Milk It, Sifting, Aneurysm are pretty solid. I'm not sitting through a whole album of that shit tho.

Put on the Melvins, AIC, or Faith No More, and leave Nirvana behind. Each of those bands does Nirvana better than Nirvana.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #226 on: April 06, 2023, 10:23:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

im going hendrix if we're putting on 60s rock
[close]
hendrix is chill, i don't think he really fits into the beatles/stones/VU trifecta i'm shoehorning together though
yeah, guess he is a bit of an outlier on that front, i didn't catch your drift lol

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #227 on: April 06, 2023, 10:32:38 AM »
Growing up thru the 90s the Beatles were always a mum tape, the doors were a dad tape and Nirvana was an older sibling tape. This is how it was for basically everyone I know and will never be able to think about these bands not in that context

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #228 on: April 06, 2023, 10:35:12 AM »
874s fucking suck. If you don't have an ass flatter than a sheet of paper they get super tight super quick. That also ties into how much they shrink as you wash them.

inevitably carhartt will win the workwear wars while dickies get relegated to Walmarts across the country. somehow ben davis will survive and replace dickies as the khaki of choice for many

In the next few years KR3W/skintight jeans are gonna have a huge comeback and I know I'm gonna hate it

yuto is gonna try psychedelics and have a spiritual awakening and mix up his skating a bit

kader is gonna sober up (at least somewhat) within the next few years and drop a part that will rock everybody's shit

dill is gonna sell FA/Hockey to VF Corp within the next decade

welcome, there, and worble are gonna merge into a supercompany to fight against the supercompany of square up and metal. the former supercompany will emerge victorious but nobody will remember a single part from the supervideo they will release

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #229 on: April 06, 2023, 10:36:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Most of Nirvana is easily dismissible, there isn't much on Nevermind I enjoy. Breed isn't too bad.

They're 100% overhyped, but I do like more of their weird, sludge-thrash-punk kind of songs. Milk It, Sifting, Aneurysm are pretty solid. I'm not sitting through a whole album of that shit tho.

Put on the Melvins, AIC, or Faith No More, and leave Nirvana behind. Each of those bands does Nirvana better than Nirvana.

Alice in chains is the best grunge band. if you put their 10 most popular songs next to nirvana's 10 most popular songs, AIC fucking wipes

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #230 on: April 06, 2023, 10:53:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Alice in chains is the best grunge band. if you put their 10 most popular songs next to nirvana's 10 most popular songs, AIC fucking wipes

I agree that AIC>Nirvana all day, but it's hard to beat the Melvins imo. They're obviously not winning the popularity contest, but they absolutely rip.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #231 on: April 06, 2023, 10:57:28 AM »
grunge is way less of a genre and more of a regional marker though

nirvana's success always struck me as right place, right time

right place, right time. easily digestible breakthrough record. tons of promotion and force feeding

Are Stone Temple Pilots grunge?

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #232 on: April 06, 2023, 10:58:44 AM »
874s fucking suck. If you don't have an ass flatter than a sheet of paper they get super tight super quick. That also ties into how much they shrink as you wash them.

inevitably carhartt will win the workwear wars while dickies get relegated to Walmarts across the country. somehow ben davis will survive and replace dickies as the khaki of choice for many

I have a gang of ass, Dickies fit much better than Carhartts when you size up. Carhartts does have better build quality though.

The old Nike SB cargos were the best skate pants, but they’ve been discontinued.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #233 on: April 06, 2023, 11:02:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

right place, right time. easily digestible breakthrough record. tons of promotion and force feeding

I’d say so. They had a heavier sound than Nirvana but much more enjoyable.

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #234 on: April 06, 2023, 11:05:10 AM »
Cold deli little take type beat

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #235 on: April 06, 2023, 11:22:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I’d say so. They had a heavier sound than Nirvana but much more enjoyable.
STP was softer and harder than nirvana depending on the record. Core and Purple were heavier for sure, the rest are soft as hell

I was more joking about the regional aspect since they're from San Diego or something

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #236 on: April 06, 2023, 11:31:51 AM »

That woman who tries to stop the bird is a narc.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -435
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #237 on: April 06, 2023, 01:28:43 PM »
I listened to Wu-Tang every day for years when I was young, wore a wu hoodie every single day my entire freshman year of hs, shit is unlistenable to me nowadays, enter the 36 chambers is one of the most overrated albums of all time, ghostface has some heaters (mighty healthy is still amazing) ob4cl2 was great (surgical gloves was great) but I can’t listen to liquid swords or anything any more it’s so fucking corny

Wu is one of the most overrated rap groups of all time, would much rather hear a chief keef song over a part than some fucking 90s rap I’m over it

keepthefunkalive

« Reply #238 on: April 06, 2023, 02:17:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The guy who gets the door sensor to trigger and open is ok in my book though

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2023, 02:32:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The guy who gets the door sensor to trigger and open is ok in my book though

Mutual aid at its finest