Author Topic: HOT LITTLE TAKES  (Read 30068 times)

apport

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
Re: HOT LITTLE TAKES
« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2023, 02:44:53 AM »
Expand Quote
I listened to Wu-Tang every day for years when I was young, wore a wu hoodie every single day my entire freshman year of hs, shit is unlistenable to me nowadays, enter the 36 chambers is one of the most overrated albums of all time, ghostface has some heaters (mighty healthy is still amazing) ob4cl2 was great (surgical gloves was great) but I can’t listen to liquid swords or anything any more it’s so fucking corny

Wu is one of the most overrated rap groups of all time, would much rather hear a chief keef song over a part than some fucking 90s rap I’m over it
[close]

I listened to 1000s of hours of boom bap, gangster etc 90s / mid 2000s rap but a few years ago I just stopped all together. Obviously can't relate to pretty much anything a bunch of 20 year olds talking shit are saying about life at my age, the content is pretty shallow at the end of the day, and when you see these guys in their 40s performing lyrics they wrote at like 18 it's just sad (mobb deep).

You can sort of see in their eyes that they know the shit they're saying is stupid and degenerate most of the time (concerning gangster rap). That said I do love groups like tribe and stuff still. They were on some other shit. Also was a big back packer in the day so exploring new emo rap without the shame now that it's mainstream is kinda nice.
what an odd post. what are you doing listening to ANY rap hoping you can relate to it, and how is that criteria for whether something is good or not? also weird to single out mobb deep, prodigy has been dead for like 5 years and it’s not like they stopped making music in the 90s.
what emo rap do you like? i went on a deep dive on that stuff recently and found it way too earnest and uncomfortably relatable to my early 20s to listen to, give me street raps any day.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2023, 03:57:27 AM »
Expand Quote
street grabs are cool, the band KARP is cool, i dont like the united states military, mach hommy is the best dude out of the griselda camp, i dont care about dylan rieder, i think eating meat is lame, i think most people talk about themselves too much, dan drehobl is sick
[close]

Ate like 2 lbs of corned beef yesterday.  Was not lame.

i can hear you getting winded through the computer

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2023, 07:40:29 AM »
street grabs are cool, the band KARP is cool, i dont like the united states military, mach hommy is the best dude out of the griselda camp, i dont care about dylan rieder, i think eating meat is lame, i think most people talk about themselves too much, dan drehobl is sick

This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2023, 10:05:40 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wrong, being an "epic meat guy" is extremely lame

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -434
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #304 on: April 11, 2023, 10:11:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wrong, corned beef and pastrami are truly goated with the sauce

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3337
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #305 on: April 11, 2023, 10:51:15 AM »
do you guys think nyjah has ball hair?

I mean does he have alopecia or something?

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #306 on: April 11, 2023, 10:55:17 AM »
Nyjahs ball hairs
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Magnolia

• Rep: 448
  • She/They
« Reply #307 on: April 11, 2023, 10:57:48 AM »
They form neat little mandalas on his scrote

Prove me wrong GQ
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #308 on: April 11, 2023, 12:49:59 PM »
I am surprised how defensive folks get when they feel questioned about their meat diet. Eating meat is lame. Raising animals under conventional conditions just to kill them is lame. Meat production is a major threat to ecosystem functioning. That is not even a hot take. Yet, I sometimes find myself eating meat because I like the taste. I am lame, so are you. Accept your lameness and move on.

Slap GPT

• Rep: -32
« Reply #309 on: April 11, 2023, 02:01:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If you don’t like skating by yourself you are weak and deserve to get your setup forcibly donated to those kids in Uganda
[close]
co-signed and this applies doubly to the "i can't skate by myself without headphones!" crowd
[close]

Skating by yourself is definitely a major piece of progressing. No distractions, and not worrying about what anyone else is doing. For God's sake no headphones though.
[close]

i dont understand the no headphones rule slap made up

i dont wanna talk to people if im skating alone, i will cool guy everybody if they try to talk to me with headphones on bc its a clear sign i dont want to talk to anybody

ive been skating for so long i can usually tell when people are coming, so collisions are never an issue. also my headphones are on transparency mode so i can actually hear when people are coming. i respect lines for the ledge & 99% of the time if there is a conflict in line order, you usually use hand gestures or a nod to determine who goes first. it may be different for transition skaters, but those dudes dont even skate with headphones on ever
[close]
if you've really been skating so long you'd know the no headphones rule has been around forever, it's not some shit slap made up last week. headphones clips used to be a huge faux pas, it's only been in the last ~5 or so years that skating with headphones has even become remotely acceptable

i don't care if you have your headphones on transparency mode or if you think that collisions are never an issue (they're always an issue at a skatepark, regardless if you're wearing headphones or not), when you adding additional stimulus and dull your senses you become a risk to others at their expense. now, everyone else has to pay extra attention to you to compensate for you, because we operate under the assumption you have no awareness of your surroundings (and why shouldn't we?). unless your local park is like, a box in a tennis court that only three people skate at a time, it's selfish

if you don't wanna talk to anyone at the park then just don't talk to anyone at the park, i'm sure strangers aren't clamoring to chat you up when you roll up to the park alone. 90% of the time strangers approach me at the park it's to ask for wax or a tool or something minor anyhow, and it's easy enough to oblige without sparking a conversation

side note: biking with headphones sucks too

Skateboarding is a thrilling activity that requires focus, balance, and coordination. While it can be tempting to listen to music or a podcast while skateboarding, doing so can be extremely dangerous and is not recommended.

The primary reason for this is that wearing headphones while skateboarding can significantly impair your situational awareness. Skateboarding involves navigating through a variety of obstacles, including pedestrians, cars, and other skaters. By wearing headphones, you're essentially blocking out a crucial sense that could alert you to potential hazards. This can lead to accidents and injuries, both for yourself and others around you.

Another reason why it's not a good idea to skateboard while wearing headphones is that it can prevent you from hearing important verbal cues from others. Skateboarding is often a social activity, and other skaters or onlookers may need to communicate with you about potential hazards or upcoming obstacles. If you're wearing headphones, you may not be able to hear these important cues and could be at greater risk of accidents.

Finally, wearing headphones while skateboarding can also be a distraction. Skateboarding requires a high level of focus and concentration, and any distraction can increase the risk of falls and injuries. Listening to music or other audio can be enjoyable, but it can also be a significant distraction that could lead to accidents.

In conclusion, while it may be tempting to listen to music or other audio while skateboarding, it's not a good idea. Wearing headphones while skateboarding can impair your situational awareness, prevent you from hearing important verbal cues, and be a distraction. For your safety and the safety of others around you, it's best to avoid wearing headphones while skateboarding and focus on the task at hand.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #310 on: April 11, 2023, 03:19:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean does he have alopecia or something?

niejuh of ball hairs?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1188
« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2023, 04:14:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Uno momento, let me catch my breath.

Do you eat fish or dairy?  Or is it just Mr. McGregor‘s garden for you?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #312 on: April 12, 2023, 04:51:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If you don’t like skating by yourself you are weak and deserve to get your setup forcibly donated to those kids in Uganda
[close]
co-signed and this applies doubly to the "i can't skate by myself without headphones!" crowd
[close]

Skating by yourself is definitely a major piece of progressing. No distractions, and not worrying about what anyone else is doing. For God's sake no headphones though.
[close]

i dont understand the no headphones rule slap made up

i dont wanna talk to people if im skating alone, i will cool guy everybody if they try to talk to me with headphones on bc its a clear sign i dont want to talk to anybody

ive been skating for so long i can usually tell when people are coming, so collisions are never an issue. also my headphones are on transparency mode so i can actually hear when people are coming. i respect lines for the ledge & 99% of the time if there is a conflict in line order, you usually use hand gestures or a nod to determine who goes first. it may be different for transition skaters, but those dudes dont even skate with headphones on ever
[close]
if you've really been skating so long you'd know the no headphones rule has been around forever, it's not some shit slap made up last week. headphones clips used to be a huge faux pas, it's only been in the last ~5 or so years that skating with headphones has even become remotely acceptable

i don't care if you have your headphones on transparency mode or if you think that collisions are never an issue (they're always an issue at a skatepark, regardless if you're wearing headphones or not), when you adding additional stimulus and dull your senses you become a risk to others at their expense. now, everyone else has to pay extra attention to you to compensate for you, because we operate under the assumption you have no awareness of your surroundings (and why shouldn't we?). unless your local park is like, a box in a tennis court that only three people skate at a time, it's selfish

if you don't wanna talk to anyone at the park then just don't talk to anyone at the park, i'm sure strangers aren't clamoring to chat you up when you roll up to the park alone. 90% of the time strangers approach me at the park it's to ask for wax or a tool or something minor anyhow, and it's easy enough to oblige without sparking a conversation

side note: biking with headphones sucks too
[close]

Skateboarding is a thrilling activity that requires focus, balance, and coordination. While it can be tempting to listen to music or a podcast while skateboarding, doing so can be extremely dangerous and is not recommended.

The primary reason for this is that wearing headphones while skateboarding can significantly impair your situational awareness. Skateboarding involves navigating through a variety of obstacles, including pedestrians, cars, and other skaters. By wearing headphones, you're essentially blocking out a crucial sense that could alert you to potential hazards. This can lead to accidents and injuries, both for yourself and others around you.

Another reason why it's not a good idea to skateboard while wearing headphones is that it can prevent you from hearing important verbal cues from others. Skateboarding is often a social activity, and other skaters or onlookers may need to communicate with you about potential hazards or upcoming obstacles. If you're wearing headphones, you may not be able to hear these important cues and could be at greater risk of accidents.

Finally, wearing headphones while skateboarding can also be a distraction. Skateboarding requires a high level of focus and concentration, and any distraction can increase the risk of falls and injuries. Listening to music or other audio can be enjoyable, but it can also be a significant distraction that could lead to accidents.

In conclusion, while it may be tempting to listen to music or other audio while skateboarding, it's not a good idea. Wearing headphones while skateboarding can impair your situational awareness, prevent you from hearing important verbal cues, and be a distraction. For your safety and the safety of others around you, it's best to avoid wearing headphones while skateboarding and focus on the task at hand.

Am i allowed to wear headphones when i skate alone and no one else is there?

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #313 on: April 12, 2023, 05:03:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Agreed. But I still eat meat occasionally even though I think it's gross. I hate my self

cky enthusiast

« Reply #314 on: April 12, 2023, 05:55:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i dont. i just be eating raw veggies with the dirt on em

kindersan

• Rep: 0
« Reply #315 on: April 12, 2023, 07:12:25 AM »
Game of SKATE contests will get popular again and skaters will have coaches who will study their opponents and advise on what trick to try depending on the letter they're on

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2023, 08:07:31 AM »
I am surprised how defensive folks get when they feel questioned about their meat diet. Eating meat is lame. Raising animals under conventional conditions just to kill them is lame. Meat production is a major threat to ecosystem functioning. That is not even a hot take. Yet, I sometimes find myself eating meat because I like the taste. I am lame, so are you. Accept your lameness and move on.

Everyone knows that modern animal agriculture is a world historical sin. Faced with that, there are a lot of people who have no other reaction other than to double-down and insist that "no, actually it's fucking based, dude." Also there have been fewer times in American popular culture more lame than the "epic bacon" era.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #317 on: April 12, 2023, 09:13:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What’s the best way to transition from meat eater to only-veg?  That’s a tall order for us normal, peasant folk.  Any recipes or resources?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #318 on: April 12, 2023, 09:42:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

What’s the best way to transition from meat eater to only-veg?  That’s a tall order for us normal, peasant folk.  Any recipes or resources?

I've been vegetarian for 10+ years now and I'd say within the last few years (as plant based diets have become increasingly popular) I've had this question posed to me many times. Assuming you aren't trolling, I recommend doing it incrementally. Like slowly removing the red meats and replacing them with them with fish/seafood and turkey. As time goes on, you can start replacing the meats with high protein veggies and other plant based meat alternatives. The quality of plant based meat alternatives have improved significantly since I first went vegetarian.

Back then it was mostly Boca and Tofurkey dominating the market, but now there are entire sections devoted to different plant based meat options. Like with anything else, some are better than others in terms of taste and ingredient qualities. I'm partial to jackfruit and tofu because they have a neutral flavor which allows you to get creative in terms of how to flavor it. I tend to fry them up and add a curry sauce that I pick up from Sprouts.

Here are some links in case you're interested:

https://www.prevention.com/food-nutrition/healthy-eating/a20514733/high-protein-vegetables-and-plant-based-food/

https://www.thespruceeats.com/best-meat-substitutes-plant-based-alternatives-5113018

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2023, 09:46:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Get some chickens. They're easy to look after and you get eggs. Then just make whatever you'd normally make but instead of meat use an egg. And/Or some mushrooms.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #320 on: April 12, 2023, 10:10:33 AM »
I have a buddy who is the worst vegetarian of all time.
His diet is 50% bean burritos and 50% cheese pizza.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #321 on: April 13, 2023, 11:53:58 AM »
daveed > TJ

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #322 on: April 13, 2023, 06:41:12 PM »
Back salads look sicker than back tails

cky enthusiast

« Reply #323 on: April 13, 2023, 07:30:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

you cant play the "ooh im so broke im a lowly peasant" if your last post was about eating multiple pounds of salted beef sarge. i been poor my entire life- vegetables are cheaper than chicken nuggets ;)

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #324 on: April 13, 2023, 07:49:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

you cant play the "ooh im so broke im a lowly peasant" if your last post was about eating multiple pounds of salted beef sarge. i been poor my entire life- vegetables are cheaper than chicken nuggets ;)
Air fryer sweet potatoes cubed or cut into fries are probably what I eat the most of. We use them in sushi, middle eastern food, tacos, curry, and they never get old. Plus I heard that they are the food that the longest living cultures on earth eat the most of, so that is cool too. They are like the meat of my vegetarian diet

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #325 on: April 14, 2023, 03:00:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I stole it from the supermarket.  You get far more calories and protein per cubic centimeter of space down one’s pants than say, celery.

Terminal

« Reply #326 on: April 14, 2023, 03:04:44 AM »
Nah. I can do back salads but would trade them any day for back tails...

cky enthusiast

« Reply #327 on: April 14, 2023, 05:01:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I stole it from the supermarket.  You get far more calories and protein per cubic centimeter of space down one’s pants than say, celery.

"yeah and actually i stole 2 lbs of pastrami from the supermarket"

what a strange thing to lie about...

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #328 on: April 14, 2023, 05:41:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Nah. I can do back salads but would trade them any day for back tails...

I'm gonna assume he actually meant back suskis. And then I kinda agree

Wienerboy

• Rep: -103
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #329 on: April 14, 2023, 05:51:01 AM »
daveed > TJ

Hell yeah, came here to say this after the Cold Call vid. This is a nice lil hot lil take, Daniel Cheeseman
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.