Author Topic: axion footwear  (Read 5389 times)

chocolate pow!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
axion footwear
« on: September 13, 2006, 10:26:11 AM »
i miss this brand...up until the BA signature shoe/BA leaving for Savier they were so great... sick team and awesome shoes...it's been a while since a company like that came around, innovative and great products...(maybe lakai was the last one)

roulette

Re: axion footwear
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 10:35:08 AM »
remember that asr, like 1999/2000 where they had that two story booth that cost like 70k?, descisions like that put them under

HUSH

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 10:42:11 AM »
remember that asr, like 1999/2000 where they had that two story booth that cost like 70k?, descisions like that put them under

Damn, never heard about that, does anyone happen to have any pics? Long shot I know, but worth a try.

I'm sitting on a pair of navy/baby blue Aries and black/neon green Islanders for old times sake. Lol I still find myself searching eBay for the first Guy Marianos once in a while.

syn

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 10:47:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, never heard about that, does anyone happen to have any pics? Long shot I know, but worth a try.

I'm sitting on a pair of navy/baby blue Aries and black/neon green Islanders for old times sake. Lol I still find myself searching eBay for the first Guy Marianos once in a while.

I might possibly be able to get you a pair, if youve got like size 7 feet...
Skateboarding has already been bought, sold, packaged and sailed down the river. We were just too busy being cool to notice - Vibetek

chocolate pow!

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 10:50:13 AM »
never heard about that either...

i remember wanting those aries so bad, that colorway and the red and navy... the first mariano was one their best shoes, they had a period when they had those along with the official, millenium, and another shoe that looked like the mariano but was a little different, those were some great designs but what i think but them apart from the rest at that time was the colorways, so sick...shit! remeber the khaki navy marianos??

roulette

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 10:54:35 AM »
the officials were amazing, khaki, looked kinda like the koston 1s

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2006, 11:29:51 AM »
The had the same booth in 2001 with a lit up counter to show the retailers the new line.

chocolate pow!

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 11:43:44 AM »
^^^ you're avatar has gino wearing the first kareems...that was a sick colorway

i remember that the first run of that shoe, there was a problem with the airbubble, that shit would bust no matter what

HUSH

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 12:18:07 PM »
I might possibly be able to get you a pair, if youve got like size 7 feet...
Any size man, please let me know!

Haha yeah I think the whole first line of Axions had a weak bubble, both pairs of Sports that I owned popped. I love nostalgic sneaker threads. Khaki/navy Marianos were so dope. I remember wanting to steal them from the kid that bought my size haha.

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 01:29:02 PM »

i remember that the first run of that shoe, there was a problem with the airbubble, that shit would bust no matter what
Those were the Kareem Kicks and I had three pairs of em and that shit never happend. They were really good shoes.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 08:57:30 AM by remEMBer »

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2006, 01:53:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That was Kareem Kicks and I had three pairs of em and that shit never happend. They were really good shoes.

KCK's were good shoes.  So were the first Ginos.

chocolate pow!

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2006, 02:04:26 PM »
do you guys remember that guy ad where he's kickflipping over a little gap and rail on a huge bank type of thing? it may be more familiar if you recall him wearing a silver fourstar jersey

that spot is ridiculous...it's practically vertical heading downhill and with minimum set up space...when i saw that spot i was blown away...it was pretty impressive how high he rolled up on the bank when he made the trick

sklls?itsthe90sguy

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2006, 02:14:23 PM »
I throw this out there periodically, and this is probably as good a time as any: I will pay serious top dollar for any KCK I' s, most first wave Axions, and Mariano I's in size 10.5, or close to it. And, in particular, if anyone still has the KCK's in navy suede with the clear gum sole and 'LA' stitched on the back...I will buy them at any cost.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2006, 02:21:46 PM »
I throw this out there periodically, and this is probably as good a time as any: I will pay serious top dollar for any KCK I' s, most first wave Axions, and Mariano I's in size 10.5, or close to it. And, in particular, if anyone still has the KCK's in navy suede with the clear gum sole and 'LA' stitched on the back...I will buy them at any cost.
I had at least 4 pairs of KCK's... one of which was that navy suade LA pair.  Those were some damn good skate shoes for back then.  Mine were all 9.5 though.

coldasice

• Rep: 0
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2006, 03:55:31 PM »
anyone interested in a pair of duffs kck's(the real originals)
kareems first shit
in really good shape
i'm thinkin about puttin them up on ebay

FFUR YLLIB

• Rep: 12
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2006, 04:01:27 PM »
i really liked jeremy wray's dukes for some reason.

but yeah axions were the shit. i had a few pair of KCs.
www.postcountdoesnotequaldicksize.com

"shut up bitch" - sheffledge

chocolate pow!

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2006, 04:23:56 PM »
if they would have kept their team small: kareem, guy, gino, ba, enrique lorenzo
i think they would've stuck around longer... it seemed like when guys like neil mims, caine gayle, and matt milligan got on things starting getting shitty

well, guy and gino really not skating much didn't seem to help too

FFUR YLLIB

• Rep: 12
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2006, 05:02:58 PM »
yeah the entire team besides ba was no where to be seen. wasn't pupecki on?
www.postcountdoesnotequaldicksize.com

"shut up bitch" - sheffledge

chocolate pow!

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2006, 05:10:26 PM »
it'll be easier to say who wasn't on... it seemed to me they had tons of riders but not everyone got full recognition as fully on (i.e. ads)

i'd say all menace/all city/city stars guys got hooked up, joey pepper, kevin taylor, clyde singleton, shiloh, rob g, brian sumner, richard angelides, paul rodriguez, mike maldonado, and many more that escape my memory now

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2006, 05:35:56 PM »
i think you can still find axions around if you look hard enough...

scott

• Rep: 21
  • woo hah!!
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2006, 06:52:03 PM »
i'm in seoul right now and i saw some caine gayle's (?) on sale for $7 on the street.  i never even knew caine gayle had a shoe out.  they were ugly as shit. 

rapist

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 06:54:26 PM »
caine gayle fucking sucks

Sheep

• Rep: -10
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 07:40:29 PM »
...it's been a while since a company like that came around, innovative and great products...(maybe lakai was the last one)
Really?

Wow.

Nostalgia paints a pretty face.

koots

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2006, 07:41:32 PM »
i'm in seoul right now and i saw some caine gayle's (?) on sale for $7 on the street.  i never even knew caine gayle had a shoe out.  they were ugly as shit. 

I'm in Seoul too.  I've seen caine gayle's on the street and I've been keeping my eye out for some other models.  Endless supplies of e's arto's, koston 1's, koston 7's, penny 2's, and emerica reynolds 1's for $20
Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

magnet

• Rep: 2
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2006, 08:05:53 PM »
Are those mostly factory seconds or leftovers or what?  Figured since most skate shoes are made in Korea it'd be a gold mine. 

It's sad how great Axion was in the beginning compared to how much it sucked in the end.

whatnot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2006, 08:07:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Your collection is quite....
I'm looking for AJ6 oly 2000 retro recently..
i love opening skate talk and see mbl88 mbl88 mbl88... on every thread's last post
----anonymous member

sklls?itsthe90sguy

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 10:01:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Your collection is quite....
I'm looking for AJ6 oly 2000 retro recently..
I used to skate Olympic VI's.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 10:04:53 PM »
guys first shoe and cali's....

chocolate pow!

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2006, 12:17:49 AM »
i just watched the spaniards' part from la county...basically all of the axions they're wearing are the ones i wish were available now

scott

• Rep: 21
  • woo hah!!
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2006, 02:20:58 AM »
I'm in Seoul too.  I've seen caine gayle's on the street and I've been keeping my eye out for some other models.  Endless supplies of e's arto's, koston 1's, koston 7's, penny 2's, and emerica reynolds 1's for $20

that's tight man, Seoul is amazing, right? where have you seen the kostons?  i haven't seen any of those, but i'd love to get some.  the hardest thing here is finding my shoe size (12), it's too big i guess.  i've seen some hilarious bootleg adio's at the night mall.  do you live here?  i'm just visiting with my girl, she's from here.  i've been taking photos of sick ass spots here, the huge dropin to bank that joe tookmanian broke his leg on is right by where i'm staying.  sooo many tight ledges around here too.