Author Topic: TYSHAWN  (Read 4510 times)

nollieboulala, shouldn't, jorge and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

BootsWithTheFerg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -34
Re: TYSHAWN
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2024, 09:27:47 PM »
Amazing seeing another flat gap trick. He Should diversify and do a bump to bar or a trick into a bank.

I'll take the bait.

I'm not a huge tj fan but you so close to getting the point as to why people watch fuck with him. It may not be yer tea but it's absurd that time and time again this guy comes through with some pop or distance that just blows your mind. That's the appeal, he turns just a flat gap into something absolutely gnarly and almost unfathomable.

3 flips is nuts and what I like about this subway gap trick is there ain't a single person in the world who could claim they did it first. The other subways tricks the switch table shit I can see a world where someone else has done that. Absolutely nobody doing that 3flip over the tracks dudes a freak of nature. Dylan impossible vibes at least height wise when it comes to tjs pop. Everybody got a shitty impossible but who the fuck doing em over a park bench? Same with tjs 3flip over the subway. there's just no one else doing it like that and that's why the industry go crazy for it and don't seem to be getting sick of it anytime soon.

lurkluke

• Rep: 180
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2024, 09:29:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thats insane!!!!

And style on this one was good too.

BTW, what is the size of that gap??
[close]

Here's some helpful discussion from the King thread

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Insanely clean for that “spot” I wonder if he could be the guy to step to the Jeremy Wray water tower with a kickflip.
[close]
This was the first thing I thought of. I'm pretty sure he'd be able to kickflip it, but you don't get any warmups. Does anyone know the measurements on this subway gap? It says the trains are about 9' wide, so I'm guessing this gap is approximately 10'. I think the water tower gap is 16'.

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2020/01/19/revisiting-water-tower-ollie-jeremy-wray/

[close]

according to this it's about 15 feet

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjoTaI3OoxB/?igshid=ZWFiZDJlMTg%3D
[close]

Unrelated, but you're certified fried if you have to find something to hate about this trick.
[close]

He hits the bumps though on both the take off and landing so he's not clearing 15 feet. He's clearing the gap proper which is 10 ft. Similar size to many sketchy sidewalk to side walk road gaps.

This shit is over hyped.

The sketchy carve around steel beams and the fact that if he whiffs he canes his body into a concrete wall don't play into it at all for you?

And trains. The mentality of a train being near.

cindythecat

• Rep: -5
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2024, 09:57:39 PM »
the run in is undeniably sketchy but just seems like everyone is getting their minds blown by the size of the gap, which as I said isn't all that crazy. There's so many more gnarlier, higher consequence gaps that have been done in skating but for reasons I don't understand this one gets you guys frothing out the mouth.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2024, 10:11:15 PM »
Fucking hammer. Wonder if someone else was fucking with this so he came back to settle it. Popping it on the gram is a FLEX.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2024, 10:11:32 PM »
I remember hardly being able to ollie the London street gap at Big Ben.  Then Mike Arnold switch bs 360 kickflipped it... now Tyshawn treflipped a subway

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2024, 10:25:10 PM »
that one dude in the comment thread about no strobeck filming absolutely losing his mind is top tier

"You do know that without William Tyshawn or ANYYYY supreme riders wouldn’t be where they are today. Like at ALLL. This man is the Steven Spielberg of skating videos "

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2024, 10:27:10 PM »
Love to see a good tre. That just might be one of the best ever done...

Shtonk

• Rep: -353
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2024, 11:10:14 PM »
Can somebody explain to me how and why this is only an Insta clip?!?!

Gnar_Gnar

• Rep: 1
  • Don’t give up
« Reply #68 on: Today at 12:15:04 AM »
Really impressive.  Lifting up a high speed 3 flip is a tough one.  Guy basically has to one up himself at this point.  Has anyone else stepped to this since?
Nose slide Crook
Nose slide Crook
Nose slide Crook

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 773
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: Today at 01:00:44 AM »
I wish we'd get another angle for tyshawns future tricks sometime soon, something more static or from the top of the platform (If there's space for that), something further away atleast, not even talking about zoom. I just feel like all of tyshawns angles are so cramped you don't really get the scope of the spot and how big it really is.

Colin read captured it the best imo:

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 267
  • often correct
« Reply #70 on: Today at 04:13:37 AM »
the run in is undeniably sketchy but just seems like everyone is getting their minds blown by the size of the gap, which as I said isn't all that crazy. There's so many more gnarlier, higher consequence gaps that have been done in skating but for reasons I don't understand this one gets you guys frothing out the mouth.
what’s a higher consequence than a sketchy run up to a huge gap over a third rail which will 100% kill you if you touch it?

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 484
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #71 on: Today at 04:55:49 AM »
I wish we'd get another angle for tyshawns future tricks sometime soon, something more static or from the top of the platform (If there's space for that), something further away atleast, not even talking about zoom. I just feel like all of tyshawns angles are so cramped you don't really get the scope of the spot and how big it really is.

Colin read captured it the best imo:

I always thought the same thing, Colin had the best angel on this and people should be taking notes...  ::)
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

bad joke

• Rep: 155
« Reply #72 on: Today at 07:37:41 AM »
Ya I’m looking at 15 ft right now and a tre across it is literally unbelievable.

u must be looking at my dicc

Oog

• Rep: 5
« Reply #73 on: Today at 07:38:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Thats insane!!!!

And style on this one was good too.

BTW, what is the size of that gap??
[close]

Here's some helpful discussion from the King thread

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Insanely clean for that “spot” I wonder if he could be the guy to step to the Jeremy Wray water tower with a kickflip.
[close]
This was the first thing I thought of. I'm pretty sure he'd be able to kickflip it, but you don't get any warmups. Does anyone know the measurements on this subway gap? It says the trains are about 9' wide, so I'm guessing this gap is approximately 10'. I think the water tower gap is 16'.

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2020/01/19/revisiting-water-tower-ollie-jeremy-wray/

[close]

according to this it's about 15 feet

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjoTaI3OoxB/?igshid=ZWFiZDJlMTg%3D
[close]

Unrelated, but you're certified fried if you have to find something to hate about this trick.
[close]

He hits the bumps though on both the take off and landing so he's not clearing 15 feet. He's clearing the gap proper which is 10 ft. Similar size to many sketchy sidewalk to side walk road gaps.

This shit is over hyped.
[close]

The sketchy carve around steel beams and the fact that if he whiffs he canes his body into a concrete wall don't play into it at all for you?

And trains. The mentality of a train being near.
I used to live near this stop and went to look at it out of curiosity when the Tengu video came out and it's definitely bigger than a street gap. Plus the ride up makes it super awkward. In my heyday I kick flipped and switch ollied the bond street gap (the one over the cobble stone) and there is no way I would have ever considered jumping the subway gap. I get the sentiment that it might just be a street gap but it feels so much longer when looking at it. Maybe that's just the risk factor though I don't know. 

cindythecat

• Rep: -5
« Reply #74 on: Today at 08:05:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what’s a higher consequence than a sketchy run up to a huge gap over a third rail which will 100% kill you if you touch it?

The third rail is shielded by a cover. There's pics out there of people standing on them.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 642
« Reply #75 on: Today at 08:16:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

The third rail is shielded by a cover. There's pics out there of people standing on them.
Have you ever thought about how only a handful of tricks have been done over this thing, and at least half of them were by Tyshawn? I think that speaks volumes to how hard this thing is to skate. It's in one of the most well known skate destinations in the world but no one else is hucking themselves over it.