Author Topic: URGENT: There is a mouse or small rat in my apartment with my son please help  (Read 3171 times)

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 642
Expand Quote
Don't worry, both of you are handling the situation in a perfectly reasonable fashion.
[close]

How would you handle it?

By wishing death upon their loved ones, obvi.

Get hungry on it!

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 731
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
You should dm the rodent and try and schedule a fight with it
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
at my job, my piece of shit boss puts out fuckin glue traps
I was doing some work one time and I saw a head pop out of the glue trap. I look in and the homey is fully adhered to the glue. He had been there some time, I could see he gnawed a shitload of his flesh away trying to get him off. There was shit all over the glue. Dude was fucked.

I armored up with nitrile gloves over high performance work gloves and went outside to gently go to work, freeing each limb from the super-high tac adhesive. I pulled him to freedom and let dude run to brighter days. I went thru the office and grabbed all the glue traps and threw em in the dumpster.

You can say "its just a rat/mouse" but some naďve part of me knows that one day I'm gonna be fucked, similar to how he was fucked, and then somehow because of my prior good deeds, some crazy species that i'm deathly afraid of comes thru to help me. 

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1419
I was doing some work one time and I saw a head pop out of the glue trap. I look in and the homey is fully adhered to the glue. He had been there some time, I could see he gnawed a shitload of his flesh away trying to get him off. There was shit all over the glue. Dude was fucked.

I armored up with nitrile gloves over high performance work gloves and went outside to gently go to work, freeing each limb from the super-high tac adhesive. I pulled him to freedom and let dude run to brighter days. I went thru the office and grabbed all the glue traps and threw em in the dumpster.

You can say "its just a rat/mouse" but some naďve part of me knows that one day I'm gonna be fucked, similar to how he was fucked, and then somehow because of my prior good deeds, some crazy species that i'm deathly afraid of comes thru to help me.

I used to do pest control and glue traps are fucked. Snap traps are way more humane and will kill them quickly and cleanly most of the time

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
i had a mouse over the pandemic and we had a good thing going for awhile but unfortunately he started overstepping. he wouldnt fall for the humane traps so unfortunately i had to get glue traps. when i woke up and saw him trapped in the glue i felt so bad, but im pretty squeamish so unfortunately i didnt want to touch him and just threw the trap and him, alive, into a cvs bag double bagged it and then threw that in a dumpster. i hope he made it out ok

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -428
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don't worry, both of you are handling the situation in a perfectly reasonable fashion.
[close]

How would you handle it?

[close]

so i'm wrong for what i said but you have no issue with what he said?

Expand Quote
You should dm the rodent and try and schedule a fight with it
[close]

He said something absolutely insane completely unprovoked, I told him how I felt about it and offered to let him get it off his chest in person, he declined because he's a coward in real life, and onward goes this thing of ours. i'm not wrong for how i'm responding, you can say i'm overreacting but if this whole exchange happened at bar or something and the guy got punched in the face you would be weird for getting upset at me. just because it's the internet doesn't mean you can say evil shit to people.

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
i had a mouse over the pandemic and we had a good thing going for awhile but unfortunately he started overstepping. he wouldnt fall for the humane traps so unfortunately i had to get glue traps. when i woke up and saw him trapped in the glue i felt so bad, but im pretty squeamish so unfortunately i didnt want to touch him and just threw the trap and him, alive, into a cvs bag double bagged it and then threw that in a dumpster. i hope he made it out ok

i'm gonna go out on a limb and say it probably didnt go great for him

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

How would you handle it?

[close]
[close]

My original (clearly sarcastic) comment-

Get hungry on it!

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
I had squirrels that kept getting into my attic once. It made me absolutely fucking hate squirrels.

If I caught the one in my attic I was going to put the fear of god into it.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1102
    • My Wife avatar image

"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
  • What, me worry?
@Sizzle have I got the opportunity for you, to capitalize on the internet’s newfound interest in the pugilistic endeavors of random internet losers, I’d love to sign you up to a contract and represent you. I need a fighter next month to battle the wristwatch revival YouTuber who rebuilds pocket watches. His catchphrase is “tick, tick…. Here comes the boom!”

We’ll need to work on your branding and change the public’s perception about your lack of toughness (this thread where you announced your fear of mice certainly isn’t helping). Can you share some of your skills? Would be great if you could crush a watermelon between your legs or do long division in your head, literally anything marketable. Merch will be next, I’m thinking a “Sizzle x Victor Custom Rat Traps”. Thoughts?

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
@Sizzle have I got the opportunity for you, to capitalize on the internet’s newfound interest in the pugilistic endeavors of random internet losers, I’d love to sign you up to a contract and represent you. I need a fighter next month to battle the wristwatch revival YouTuber who rebuilds pocket watches. His catchphrase is “tick, tick…. Here comes the boom!”

We’ll need to work on your branding and change the public’s perception about your lack of toughness (this thread where you announced your fear of mice certainly isn’t helping). Can you share some of your skills? Would be great if you could crush a watermelon between your legs or do long division in your head, literally anything marketable. Merch will be next, I’m thinking a “Sizzle x Victor Custom Rat Traps”. Thoughts?

I can piss in your sisters mouth at a rate approaching a gallon per minute

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

How would you handle it?

[close]
[close]

[close]

So I'm acting equally unreasonably? You're really playing the enlightened centrist card about some guy saying something disgusting about my child completely unprovoked?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
I had squirrels that kept getting into my attic once. It made me absolutely fucking hate squirrels.

If I caught the one in my attic I was going to put the fear of god into it.

My dad has had a family of squirrels living in his attic for 3-4 years now. I went up in the attic last month and they had removed about 400 sf of insulation which they use for a nest.

He won’t kill them because he claims it’s against the law. Plus…squirrels are the shit. We love them…

Princeton, NJ has black squirrels. Any one ever seen that in your area? How about flying squirrels? We don’t have these in NJ but Florida does.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1263
i squashed a mouse with a subwoofer once and said

"bass in yo face"

shoutout public enemy

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If your friend does a kickflip bs noseslide do you walk up to them and hand them a slip of paper that says "kook'd for bs noseslide, that's a banned trick"?
[close]
You don’t have to touch your disgusting toilet handle or the door knob, it even saves a flush so good for the environment! I can’t believe I ever let my normie roommates make me feel bad for doing it during my counter strike phase. Bottlepissers unite.
[close]
That’s just insane and weird. Do you live in a tent?
Im in a city where I see tons of piss filled bottles on the side of the road. Way more than you’d imagine. Once I started noticing them I realized they are absolutely everywhere. Are you one of these people? 
Please start using toilets. Also noseslides are cool especially if you nollie into them.
[close]
There’s no good reason not to besides it being weird. You don’t just throw it into a vacant lot like an animal you go and dispose of it in the toilet at your own leisure, like a gentleman.
[close]
Lol @ the eco friendly justification.
"Using a single use plastic bottle and delaying when it's flushed down the toilet is gentlemanly and eco friendly"
Haha ok bro
[close]
you wait until the next time you have to use the bathroom then just empty it then. It technically does save a flush
[close]

How many times do you piss in the same gatorade bottle before you have to throw it away ? What's the criterion ? color ? smell ?

You didnt answer last time @Sizzle

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1419
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

How would you handle it?

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

So I'm acting equally unreasonably?

You're acting like quite the RA the rugged man for a post that began with "a mouse is in my apartment i need URGENT help" my brother in Christ, we've had snap traps for well over a hundred years

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

How would you handle it?

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

So I'm acting equally unreasonably? You're really playing the enlightened centrist card about some guy saying something disgusting about my child completely unprovoked?
I'm not splitting hairs between who is being more/less/equally offensive to the other, both of you were saying  hateful shit.

Get hungry on it!

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
You're acting like quite the RA the rugged man for a post that began with "a mouse is in my apartment i need URGENT help" my brother in Christ, we've had snap traps for well over a hundred years

i can't imagine being such a poosy that offering to fight someone over them saying something disgusting about your child qualifies as 'acting like RA the rugged man'

Edit: changed pussy to poosy for funsies

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

How would you handle it?

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I'm not splitting hairs between who is being more/less/equally offensive to the other, both of you were saying  hateful shit.

False equivalency and also you're allowed to match their level of hatefulness without it being escalation.

You can't walk up to somebody and tell them to suck your dick. But if somebody walks up to you and says that, and you say it back, you aren't in the wrong. Why would you get all sanctimonious to the guy that was just responding and not the guy instigating for literally no reason.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
Walk up to that rat and tell him to suck your dick

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
  • What, me worry?
Expand Quote

[close]

That is quite impressive, although decidedly NSFW and we’re really attempting to attract a youthful audience, specifically one being taught to piss in jugs by their unsuccessful, fearful pop pops.

However, my sister is 6 feet tall and an athlete, and could definitively kick your ass. I’m happy to share her socials with you if you want to challenge her to a fight. I couldn’t believe the things she was saying about your “bitch rat fearing” son. ‘He’s just a child’ I thought. Online discourse is really going downhill.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

How would you handle it?

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

False equivalency and also you're allowed to match their level of hatefulness without it being escalation.

You can't walk up to somebody and tell them to suck your dick. But if somebody walks up to you and says that, and you say it back, you aren't in the wrong. Why would you get all sanctimonious to the guy that was just responding and not the guy instigating for literally no reason.
You keep inferring that I'm somehow coming to the other guys defense and I'm not.  The big difference is you're continuing the conversation and they aren't, that's all.  I'll fully concede that what they said initially was fucked up and uncalled for.

Get hungry on it!

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

How would you handle it?

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You keep inferring that I'm somehow coming to the other guys defense and I'm not.  The big difference is you're continuing the conversation and they aren't, that's all.  I'll fully concede that what they said initially was fucked up and uncalled for.

I respect you and your general point of view man but the exchange went

A: Shit i have a rat in my apartment any advice on what i should do because i can't get traps anywhere at 2am
B: The rat is gonna eat your baby's face while you sleep you transplant because you live in filth here's an article about a dead baby
A: I hope your mom gets fucking cancer and die
B: blah blah blah you have a son out of wedlock (by the way who even gives a fuck about that anymore and we have a great relationship why rush a fucking marriage we're gonna end up doing anyway when we're more set up) your girl is a whore blah blah you have a fentanyl addiction blah blah all this other nasty shit)
A: Do you just want to actually fight in real life and stop going back and forth

Then it pretty much ended with him, that's not me dragging it with him. I'm just replying to all these comments because i'm justifiably pretty upset at how vile the initial comment was and it's genuinely hurtful to see people not even acknowledging that just because I'm acting like a kook.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
Has anyone dm’d the rodents daughter to explain the asshole behavior if it’s father?
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 993
shrews are venomous

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
I’ll fight you, sizzlechest.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.