Author Topic: Hey Jenkem,  (Read 6630 times)

bo golden

Re: Hey Jenkem,
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2017, 09:00:14 AM »
sure, we can go with that one. 

planman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2017, 12:38:50 PM »
mmm nah

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

one80

• Rep: 14
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2017, 01:23:31 PM »

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2017, 04:27:31 PM »
To follow along with my Supreme x Pizza dream collaboration, Huf x Jenkem needs to happen. 

Friends:
What other collaborations between two companies conjure humorous phrases or scenarios based off the relationship of their brand nsmes?

poowizard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2017, 04:40:18 PM »
i was just in a mood that day man!  it doesnt really bother me that much.  i just skip over to thrasher or come here.

i work in a government run facility, which means I hear about politics on the daily, so when i went to Jenkem that day i just got super bummed.

aaaaaaannnnnddd..... now we're here.

D. Bag

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2017, 05:00:31 PM »
So you'd rather have arguably the best skate editorial website, to ignore an issue that effects the core of skateboard manufactuering?

It's totally fine that you fell that way, but that makes no sense to me.

He's probably like many of us who understand that skateboarding media tends to always glamorize one shady political party while demonizing the other one and pretending there's nothing else in between.  That shit gets old after you see enough of it, I get it, everyone's suddenly concerned with politics NOW after believing we lived in some fantasy utopia the past decade, but it's time to move on.  I can log into FB for the first time in ages if I want to hear a bunch of people whining about the state of the world, I don't want it tied to everything I read about skateboarding. 

It's just really tedious for most of us who read shit and keep seeing everyone who never uttered political stuff this past decade suddenly decide they're SERIOUSLY INTERESTED IN POLITICS NOW BECAUSE ITS SO IMPORTANT AND WE NEED TO KEEP MAKING A POINT OF WHERE WE STAND IN EVERYTHING WE WRITE when they ignored countless shit that SHOULD have upset them for years.  I mean, bad political shit has been happening since before any of us were born, it's not like something actually is any different now than before, but you'd swear it was the fucking apocalypse by the fact that you can't read a goddamned article or interview without someone having to get political, and that was never the case prior to this year.

It's mostly the silly double-standard shit that turns some of us off.  Even Thrasher has gotten kind of lame about it, might finally cancel my subscription after 30 fucking years if I see more of that crap in upcoming issues.  I've had enough.  If I want politics, I can go to countless places to read about that stuff, it doesn't need to be everywhere all the fucking time.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2017, 09:52:22 PM »
No one believed we were in a utopia, dummy.  We just have a president who conspired with Russia's government to get elected, who is a known sex offender destroying our country and environment willingly.  I could go on, but frankly we are at the lowest point.  Say what you want about other bad presidents like W, but he at least did good stuff for the people of Sudan and AIDS. And yeah Obama had a bad record when it came to drone strikes and deportation, but these are men who tried to make the world a better place (cutting 43 a lot of slack with that).  The same cannot be said about Trump who has for the past 69 something days shown that he is incapable of telling the truth about anything and doesn't have one iota of  empathy or regard for other human beings or doing the right thing. 

It's not like Thrasher is doing articles on what the pros think about tax reform or banning trips to NC until they repeal HB2.  They are asking questions to human beings who (if theyre American or if they're foreign) could seriously be effected by this presidency.  They also have always asked about who people are voting for in election years.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2017, 10:09:10 PM »
To follow along with my Supreme x Pizza dream collaboration, Huf x Jenkem needs to happen. 

Friends:
What other collaborations between two companies conjure humorous phrases or scenarios based off the relationship of their brand nsmes?

I don't understand why anyone would be that stoked on Pizza the skate co. They seem to lack any kind of direction and have nothing unique to offer. The team is good or whatever but it's like... they could just be somewhere else. Their video they just released on thrasher didn't even have anything to do with pizza. If you're gonna name your company pizza you might as well own that shit

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2017, 10:25:03 PM »
Quote from: D. Bag  link=topic=94928.msg2628170#msg2628170 date=1491350431
Expand Quote
So you'd rather have arguably the best skate editorial website, to ignore an issue that effects the core of skateboard manufactuering?

[close]

He's probably like many of us who understand that skateboarding media tends to always glamorize one shady political party while demonizing the other one and pretending there's nothing else in between.  That shit gets old after you see enough of it, I get it, everyone's suddenly concerned with politics NOW after believing we lived in some fantasy utopia the past decade, but it's time to move on.  I can log into FB for the first time in ages if I want to hear a bunch of people whining about the state of the world, I don't want it tied to everything I read about skateboarding. 

It's just really tedious for most of us who read shit and keep seeing everyone who never uttered political stuff this past decade suddenly decide they're SERIOUSLY INTERESTED IN POLITICS NOW BECAUSE ITS SO IMPORTANT AND WE NEED TO KEEP MAKING A POINT OF WHERE WE STAND IN EVERYTHING WE WRITE when they ignored countless shit that SHOULD have upset them for years.  I mean, bad political shit has been happening since before any of us were born, it's not like something actually is any different now than before, but you'd swear it was the fucking apocalypse by the fact that you can't read a goddamned article or interview without someone having to get political, and that was never the case prior to this year.

It's mostly the silly double-standard shit that turns some of us off.  Even Thrasher has gotten kind of lame about it, might finally cancel my subscription after 30 fucking years if I see more of that crap in upcoming issues.  I've had enough.  If I want politics, I can go to countless places to read about that stuff, it doesn't need to be everywhere all the fucking time.

Skateboarding and politics has always been interwoven.  Before the jock era of skateboarding it was easy to be anti establishment because the establishment sucked.  Obama kept everything peaceful and the world simultaneously became more interconnected due to globalization and the internet, so there simply wasn't as much to rage against.  Now we have asshats telling us to hate our brothers and sisters for being born somewhere that we weren't, as skateboarders it is our duty to shine light to the fact that we (people) are the same regardless of birthplace.  Now we have the worst president and administration ever and you think we're supposed to just sit back and not talk about it?  Go to a sports bar if that's what you want. 

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2017, 11:32:11 PM »
Expand Quote

Friends:

[close]
I don't understand why anyone would be that stoked on Pizza the skate co. They seem to lack any kind of direction and have nothing unique to offer. The team is good or whatever but it's like... they could just be somewhere else. Their video they just released on thrasher didn't even have anything to do with pizza. If you're gonna name your company pizza you might as well own that shit

Because supreme pizza is a thing.  And supreme and pizza are two separate skate companies

bo golden

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2017, 04:29:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2017, 06:08:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You pretty much hit the nail on the head.

but in the case of Jenkem, it's never really been apolitical or avoided controversy as it relates to skateboarding.