Author Topic: new baker pro  (Read 6509 times)

nowell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -153
Re: new baker pro
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2015, 06:22:25 AM »
Its almost like completely unrelated skaters from entirely different companies don't stop and think about Dennis durrant's career before making business decisions

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2015, 07:32:46 AM »

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Hannity

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2015, 09:05:36 AM »
I like Dee, but its too soon. he hasn't really had THE part, the YouTube one was mostly throwaway it seemed.
yeah he could easily be a sick first part in a new baker full-length. that's probably still 2 or 3 years out. reynolds has been turning them pro rather quickly...how long did theotis have to wait??

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2015, 09:06:38 AM »
Dennis Durrant is amazing and deserves to be pro for a company that emphasizes his style of skating (Habitat, Polar, Alien, Chocolate) but his situation is in no way comparable to what makes guys pro on teams like Baker. Also, its obviously harder to go pro as a non-american on an American company unless you have relocated to Cali full time.    

Yu Dum

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2015, 09:07:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
just remember Dennis Durrant hasnt got a board and this guy does

Nick Boserio only went Pro and hes been murdering it for years, whats Dee done? bs flip hollywood 16? some dude on instagram did that.

bad move Baker
[close]
Durrant is almost 30, with no standout video part. Noone can deny he's a great skater but Dee is NUTS. Check back in when Durrant even looks at a 16
[close]

fuck your dumb, Durrants its time is a standout still, Part & Parcel, C1rca part, new Adidas part all standouts, jumping down a 16 is nothing when you ooze style like Durrant, come back to me when Dee starts a line with a kickflip front blunt on top of a picnic table. Durrants push is better then anything Dee has done or will ever do
You are too mad about something that doesn't affect you in any way. Sit your butthurt ass down and quit letting T-Dawg here get your panties in a knot.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2015, 09:08:56 AM »
Expand Quote
I like Dee, but its too soon. he hasn't really had THE part, the YouTube one was mostly throwaway it seemed.
[close]
yeah he could easily be a sick first part in a new baker full-length. that's probably still 2 or 3 years out. reynolds has been turning them pro rather quickly...how long did theotis have to wait??
Pretty sure they turned him pro right after his transworld part, he'd been around awhile before that with footage in Baker 3, Baker has a Deathwish and Nike Debacle.

pinch a loaf

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2015, 09:17:38 AM »
Seems like they're just giving him his moment. Similar to how shane heyl had a board for like 2 years. And also to setup for rowan going pro since dee's been on so much longer.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2015, 09:52:18 AM »
I'm bored about Baker high fives

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2015, 11:56:05 AM »
long hair, metal tees, scum stash, cigs, rails

seems about right

JAesop

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »
Hardworking, quiet, humble kid. It paid off. Good for him. 

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2015, 03:35:11 PM »
im a fan but agree its def too early. im guessing it has to do with t funk and rowan coming up so quickly, it kinda put pressure on baker to either let dee be a long term man am or turn him pro. also hoping it means he has a crazy full part filmed already.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2015, 04:09:06 PM »
I like Dee and Nashville.

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2015, 04:21:06 PM »
talented skater who lives on the other side of the world didnt turn pro for baker?  what the fuck!?! Reynolds turned a guy who skates with the baker crew all day everyday pro over the guy who lives on the other side of they world they don't know?  bullshit.
where is home?

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2015, 04:44:01 PM »

author=PsychOut link=topic=86580.msg2354981#msg2354981 date=1436855148]
Expand Quote
just remember Dennis Durrant hasnt got a board and this guy does

Nick Boserio only went Pro and hes been murdering it for years, whats Dee done? bs flip hollywood 16? some dude on instagram did that.

bad move Baker
[close]
Durrant is almost 30, with no standout video part. Noone can deny he's a great skater but Dee is NUTS. Check back in when Durrant even looks at a 16
16 sets are nothing? Ya Dee should totally limit himself to picnic tables and ledges because skating 16 sets isn't fun to watch
fuck your dumb, Durrants its time is a standout still, Part & Parcel, C1rca part, new Adidas part all standouts, jumping down a 16 is nothing when you ooze style like Durrant, come back to me when Dee starts a line with a kickflip front blunt on top of a picnic table. Durrants push is better then anything Dee has done or will ever do
[/quote]

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2015, 05:13:51 PM »
Dee rips and has a really good attitude and approach to skateboarding. If you don't think he should be pro yet, just hold off a year before you buy his board so you can feel better about the timing.

fatuglyjohnjohn

• Rep: -1
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2015, 07:33:51 PM »
The Texas Pete board is perfect we are chick fil a one time in PA and he was so stoked that they had packets of Texas Pete. Fuck yeah I'm stoked for dee. Total skateboarder and total ripper and all around good dude.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2015, 07:34:39 AM »
Ugh. That kid is fucking horrible.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2015, 09:08:31 AM »
Lol wow. I specifically remember saying CJ getting turned pro was early and I got like 10 kooks or some shit for that alone. I'll say the same for Dee though. He's not my favorite skater or baker rider by any means and I've grown to like him a little more but t's a little early. Maybe h'll drop something to make everyone reconsider the doubts.

You could probably give me the names of the 10-15 dudes in the industry that are really on the radar and I'll say the same thing.

jomeara1

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2015, 09:36:44 AM »
so how come when I try to go on the Baker website it brings me to some canadian drug store website??

JAesop

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2015, 12:05:19 PM »
^^^working now^^^

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2015, 07:09:10 PM »
Should've made a Dee's Nuts graphic. GOT 'EM.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2015, 05:53:36 AM »
So when Rowan goes pro in like 2 months everyone's going to be like "it's so deserved" but because you don't like dee it's "too soon"?