Author Topic: New iPhone4  (Read 5101 times)

ROCKxADIO420

Re: New iPhone4
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 05:27:32 PM »
ugh.

RightCoastBiased

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 07:25:52 PM »

I am pretty sure this will be my next smart phone.

Dude, you're getting a dell...

starvingrobot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 25
  • Keep It +
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2010, 10:51:45 PM »
I thought Verizon was getting an iphone?  I don't know whether to wait or just end my shit and get one of these.

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2010, 12:46:31 AM »
AT&T exclusivity probably gonna last till 2012 or further.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010, 01:21:57 AM »
Expand Quote
FaceTime is going to revolutionize babes getting naked via phone. Later sexting - live cam shows.
[close]
Goddamn it that is fucking genius. Thing is is that the babe needs to have one of these new things too but I'm sure plenty of hoochy's with daddy's money will hop right on this

Next we'll be needing an app for recording FaceTime conversations and all our dreams will come true.

letsgobois

• Rep: -25
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2010, 10:33:34 AM »
I get a $200 credit in July so I'm just going to wait for this baby to come out, snag one up and start iPhone 4Ging it up bitches! Chika chika yeeeaah!

TheFreshSC

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2010, 01:03:27 PM »
i've got some major technology lust for this iphone 4.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1485
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2010, 01:54:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Anybody have this?  My friend had one this weekend and he said he gladly dumped his iPhone for it.  Looked really nice.

[close]

a buddy in my office got it yesterday. The thing is huge but pretty rad.
I was waiting to see what Apple had up its sleeves before I bought into some new phones.  I wasn't impressed with this upgrade so I decided on the evo 4g.  Cheapest unlimited data plan, and I decided to pay the extra $30 a month for one phone to be able to tether to it with up to 8 devices so I could lurk on my own internet connection at work on my laptop since some of the stuff I want to view like youtube is blocked on the Department of Defense computers.  I'll just use it for two years and see how much iphones will evolve in that time (hopefully evolving away from at&t).  By the way, droid can do the video phone thing, too.  Also, droid is easier to pirate/hack.  I just wish 4g would be up in Washington state some time soon.  10x faster than 3g sounds pretty stellar.

letsgobois

• Rep: -25
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2010, 02:35:11 PM »
Does anyone know the difficulty of hacking a 4G? And also is there just going to be a release in 6 months for a 4GS?

carbonite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
    • frozen in carbonite avatar image
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2010, 03:39:34 PM »
just got a new "DOS phone"

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2010, 09:54:21 AM »
I'll be pre ordering on the 15th :D
Yeah I lost my Iphone on Friday and I was so bummed lost all my numbers etc , but this gives me an excuse to pre book since I'm up for and upgrade!

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2010, 10:16:21 AM »
Does anyone know the difficulty of hacking a 4G? And also is there just going to be a release in 6 months for a 4GS?
The iOS 4 has already been jailbroken and it's not even out for release I guess. They'll probably release a revised model in one year, that seems to be the timeline.  6 months would be way too soon.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1304
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2010, 10:31:04 AM »
everytime i see new technology, i hope 2012 really is doomsday.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2010, 09:07:34 PM »
I guess I spoke too soon.  Apparently, I will be under a 4G network umbrella.  To see if the EVO 4G will be utilizing the 4G network connection in your area (as opposed to the slower 3G) look here: http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp.  There's also this chart to show you the difference between network speeds: http://shop.sprint.com/en/stores/popups/4G_coverage_popup.shtml.  Since the only news I've read about AT&T offering 4G network speeds was from gizmodo in february linking to this article: http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=4800&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=30493, I'm safe in guessing the iphone4 is not going to be using 4G networking until 2011 sometime (will Apple launch a 4G compatible phone at that time?).  Looks like I made the best choice after all.  When I get my EVO 4G, I'll video it streaming some stuff to illustrate the difference between 4G and 3G.  I want my shit now dammit.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2010, 09:51:39 PM »
This is awful. I mean yeah the device is cool but this should be the cut off for technologic advancements in recreational electronics. Fuck, we're handling shit that was peoples wildest dreams in sci-fi movies not only 20 years ago. I just find it too much, people don't need all these "apps", we don't need to be that "connected", people don't need constant access to facebook etc. I mean cellphones in general are a bit excessive, home phones are really good enough. But really the time and resources spent on developing a smaller device that functions faster could be better spent in medical reserch or ecological advancements. Not this consumer culture feeding trash.
All this said, yes this iphone is cool but I wish these types of advancements would stop or slow down.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2010, 09:53:18 PM »
This is awful. I mean yeah the device is cool but this should be the cut off for technologic advancements in recreational electronics. Fuck, we're handling shit that was peoples wildest dreams in sci-fi movies not only 20 years ago. I just find it too much, people don't need all these "apps", we don't need to be that "connected", people don't need constant access to facebook etc. I mean cellphones in general are a bit excessive, home phones are really good enough. But really the time and resources spent on developing a smaller device that functions faster could be better spent in medical reserch or ecological advancements. Not this consumer culture feeding trash.
All this said, yes this iphone is cool but I wish these types of advancements would stop or slow down.
you are a pussy.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2010, 09:55:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you are a pussy.
Why? Because I don't like this shit? You're an idiot. Because I have an opinion? You're a fuckstain.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2010, 10:46:03 PM »
My opinion is that maybe you should have a rotary dial phone.  And incandescent light bulbs.  Or candles even.  And get rid of your horseless carriage because of all the technological advances in that darn contraption.  Go ride a bike.  Or go fly a kite.  Cause I don't give a flying fuck regardless what you do with your life in that cave of yours.  Come to think of it, get off your fucking computer dumbshit.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2010, 11:06:20 PM »
My opinion is that maybe you should have a rotary dial phone.  And incandescent light bulbs.  Or candles even.  And get rid of your horseless carriage because of all the technological advances in that darn contraption.  Go ride a bike.  Or go fly a kite.  Cause I don't give a flying fuck regardless what you do with your life in that cave of yours.  Come to think of it, get off your fucking computer dumbshit.
So not liking the iphone 4g means I can't like any technology? That's irrationally extreme, but it still made me laugh.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:17:10 PM by bakingsoda »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2010, 11:17:39 PM »
Read your post.  I did.  These smart phones are just little computers from where I'm standing.  They're more powerful than some computers made a decade ago.  You're part of the consumer culture whether you think you are or not.  Just the fact that you replied instead of focusing your account backs your ignorance in your own hypocrisy.  This is an ecological advancement.  Instead having a big ass home phone made of the same plastics (but bigger), you're carrying a little ass phone that does the same thing.  And since it does the same thing as other devices, you might not need other things that are also made of plastic (like a scientific calculator, line level, etc. since there are apps that do the same thing) also you don't need to be fucking cutting down trees to have a fucking phonebook or yellow pages anymore since you can just look the shit up on your phone.  These are just some of the many things these phones are capable of doing.  If you can't understand this, then come back when you do.  You can't see the forest.  Stop bitching about one or two trees.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:22:07 PM by layzieyez »

era

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2010, 11:33:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you are a pussy.

I lol'd

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2010, 11:51:53 PM »
Read your post.  I did.  These smart phones are just little computers from where I'm standing.  They're more powerful than some computers made a decade ago.  You're part of the consumer culture whether you think you are or not.  Just the fact that you replied instead of focusing your account backs your ignorance in your own hypocrisy.  This is an ecological advancement.  Instead having a big ass home phone made of the same plastics (but bigger), you're carrying a little ass phone that does the same thing.  And since it does the same thing as other devices, you might not need other things that are also made of plastic (like a scientific calculator, line level, etc. since there are apps that do the same thing) also you don't need to be fucking cutting down trees to have a fucking phonebook or yellow pages anymore since you can just look the shit up on your phone.  These are just some of the many things these phones are capable of doing.  If you can't understand this, then come back when you do.  You can't see the forest.  Stop bitching about one or two trees.
I never denied being apart of consumer culture. That would be foolishness. We live in the age of modernity, which came about through industiralization, so yes it would be ignorant for me to deny being a consumer seeing as our society is founded on consumerism. I said that a bit loosly without explaination. Apple definatly plays on the current state of consumer culture by constantly releasing updated versions of the same product.
"Instead having a big ass home phone made of the same plastics (but bigger), you're carrying a little ass phone that does the same thing.  And since it does the same thing as other devices, you might not need other things that are also made of plastic (like a scientific calculator, line level, etc. since there are apps that do the same thing) also you don't need to be fucking cutting down trees to have a fucking phonebook or yellow pages anymore since you can just look the shit up on your phone." This is a good point which I dind't take in too consideration. But my suggestion to make an advancement ecologically was just a suggestion of time that could be better spent. I wasn't complaining about any materials bein used on this product. I meant that the time and effort spent devolping this product could be better spent figuering soultions to waste management etc. It was a suggestion off the cuff, if you noticed I also included another suggestion of an area that's more pressing in my opinion that could use more ampel attention, medical advancements.
Anyways my main problem is with the actual device. I, me, this is why I think, feel annoyed when I see people constantly fiddling around with this shit when they're on the street. I don't like the idea of people having video chats when they're on the street, I don't like texting (not that it's exculsive to the iphone), I just don't like how advanced this thing is and I feel that there are many negative repercussions that no ones even aware of yet that can come from such a thing. With the iphone I could be in Japan and turn off my living room lights in Toronto with a certian app, something about that doesn't sit right with me.

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2010, 11:57:31 PM »
so.... in case you want to sell you old iphones for a good price

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc2535

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2010, 11:59:47 PM »
Luckily I was able to reserve my iPhone 4 32GB black  :)
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Nameuser

• Rep: -57
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2010, 12:14:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I never denied being apart of consumer culture. That would be foolishness. We live in the age of modernity, which came about through industiralization, so yes it would be ignorant for me to deny being a consumer seeing as our society is founded on consumerism. I said that a bit loosly without explaination. Apple definatly plays on the current state of consumer culture by constantly releasing updated versions of the same product.
"Instead having a big ass home phone made of the same plastics (but bigger), you're carrying a little ass phone that does the same thing.  And since it does the same thing as other devices, you might not need other things that are also made of plastic (like a scientific calculator, line level, etc. since there are apps that do the same thing) also you don't need to be fucking cutting down trees to have a fucking phonebook or yellow pages anymore since you can just look the shit up on your phone." This is a good point which I dind't take in too consideration. But my suggestion to make an advancement ecologically was just a suggestion of time that could be better spent. I wasn't complaining about any materials bein used on this product. I meant that the time and effort spent devolping this product could be better spent figuering soultions to waste management etc. It was a suggestion off the cuff, if you noticed I also included another suggestion of an area that's more pressing in my opinion that could use more ampel attention, medical advancements.
Anyways my main problem is with the actual device. I, me, this is why I think, feel annoyed when I see people constantly fiddling around with this shit when they're on the street. I don't like the idea of people having video chats when they're on the street, I don't like texting (not that it's exculsive to the iphone), I just don't like how advanced this thing is and I feel that there are many negative repercussions that no ones even aware of yet that can come from such a thing. With the iphone I could be in Japan and turn off my living room lights in Toronto with a certian app, something about that doesn't sit right with me.

You're such a Debbie Downer.........and a psuedo intellectual.

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2010, 12:16:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

You're such a Debbie Downer.........and a psuedo intellectual.
Hahaha. Sorry dude.

DevilOnEnzyte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -236
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2010, 03:28:24 AM »
Anybody have this?  My friend had one this weekend and he said he gladly dumped his iPhone for it.  Looked really nice.

I just got an HTC evo 4g a couple days ago for my Sprint upgrade.
Have not messed with it enough to get down to it, but so far it's waaaaaaay better than an iPhone.
iPhones great thing going for it is the Apps. No one can touch them on how many different things those fuckers can do.
I get to see Devil semi regularly and his little dude is rad as hell. My wife and I aren't into having little ones, but that'll give me more time to be a god uncle and teach Devil's spawn to slang weed.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2010, 05:29:55 AM »
PM from bakingsoda:
Hahaha, I keep seeing you commenting on techy things. Did I offend you or some shit with my ranting on the iPhone? I mean is your livelyhood in electronics or something? Not trying to be a dick. I just want to know because if so I doubt or discussion in the iphone thread will end.
I mean I want to be clear, I just don't like how much futher reliant and consumed people are becoming in electronics. Me not liking that isn't going to stop it from futher progressing, but I can still be bitter about.
If you still wanna debate why the iPhone's great that's fine.
Again I'm not even trying to be a dick.

I don't really care about the iphone (at least the current generation of it).  If you read the rest of the thread, I'm getting the EVO 4G anyway.  Fine, don't get one.  Feign disinterest.  As I said, I don't give a flying fuck what you do in the hollow cave of your mind.  I was just pointing out your weak argument which continues to be weak.  "I just don't like it since it can turn off my lights from Tokyo because there's an app for that."  To be honest, I didn't even know there was an app for that.  But the fact that you do contradicts your line of reasoning again.  The phone I currently own in lieu of my new smart phone is the Samsung Juke which is as close to two tin cans and a string you can get with communication.  I haven't even really researched all the apps I can get for my new phone which I'm going to get as opposed to you looking up apps for a phone you profess you have an apparent dislike/disinterest in and do not want to get.  Why bother, dude?  Anyway, continue thinking what you want, I, in the meantime am going to contact a messageboard moderator since I can't get the ignore button to work on my account.  We're done here.  Post whatever you want.  I will soon be unable to read anymore inane text from you.  Hallelujah and amen.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2010, 05:40:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I just got an HTC evo 4g a couple days ago for my Sprint upgrade.
Have not messed with it enough to get down to it, but so far it's waaaaaaay better than an iPhone.
iPhones great thing going for it is the Apps. No one can touch them on how many different things those fuckers can do.
Are you able to access it on the 4G network?  Is it pretty fast?  How's the battery life (the main complaint I've read about that phone)?  Did you get a case for it since the camera on the back protrudes and is susceptible to getting scratched up?

starvingrobot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 25
  • Keep It +
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2010, 07:52:59 AM »
Hahahaha page 2 rules!