Author Topic: The Misfits appreciation  (Read 4078 times)

Self-Educated

The Misfits appreciation
« on: November 10, 2006, 07:38:17 AM »
Misfits (Danzig, not Graves Misfits) are the rawest shit out. Any thoughts?

Edward Penishands

Re: The Misfits appreciation
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 08:25:39 AM »
one of my favorite bands ever

defiantnate

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 09:33:07 AM »
I've been listening to them since I was like 8 years old, fucking fantastic.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
  • reptiles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 10:26:55 AM »
i thought it was "you don't go in the bathroom with me" because it's all about hitchcock's pyscho and there was the one famous shower scene. for most misfits lyrics i just can't believe what i'm hearing because they're so fucking retardedly awesome. i'm proud to say i've been in two misfits cover bands by 19.

"when do creatures rape your face? hybrids open up the door."
"the omelette of dicease awaits your noon time meal"
"the maggots in the iron lung won't copulate. and it's woah."
and of course the entire song night of the living dead is hilarious. danzig calling out the other zombies because they're posers. human picnic. shredded wheat.

don knots

• Rep: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 11:15:22 AM »
Well i've got something to say
I killed a baby today
and it doesn't matter much to me
as long as it's dead

lol

roulette

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 11:15:38 AM »
Earth AD was the second album i ever bought, actually i traded mettalica kill em all for it , black flag-jealous again was the first.....word

backtoschool

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 10:39:59 AM »
Can't hate on old Misfits at all. Catchy tunes, amazing lyrics, and original image. That shit is all pretty tarnished nowadays though. Hell I was in a shop the other day and saw a snowboard jacket with a collage pattern of Misfits album covers on it.
Dude who's thinking about getting a 'fits tattoo-- you might want to think twice about that one... someone might think you're a snowboarder.

uruguay

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 11:41:23 AM »
eh.

trent steel

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 06:48:52 AM »
i prefer samhain and danzig to the misfits

trent steel

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2006, 07:15:01 AM »
i only consider danzig and lucifuge when i talk about danzig albums. i like to pretend most of the rest never existed.

backtoschool

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 10:01:03 AM »
Danzig is pissed though. Ha!
I don't think he's pissed because he has the rights to all the Misfits stuff. He basically rents the name out to Jerry. It's a win-win situation for him because Jerry whores the name out to snowboard companies, while Glenn gets a pile of money and keep his cred in tact.

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • reptiles
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »
I love Samhain, and while Danzig has done some great stuff, I think he has too many bad releases under that name.  I don't think Danig Misfits have a single bad release....maybe not even a bad song.  Samhain though....great band, old Glenn is just a bit too controlling for a lot of people though.

not a bad song? when i saw the misfits last year (chill, it was free) jerry came out for the encore and said "you wanted it! you got it! GREEN HELL!" i almost died laughing.

roulette

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 11:25:13 AM »
green hell is a good song, that dude was right, my least favorite misfits song is cough/cool, and its still an OK song

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 12:39:15 PM »
attitude
hardly art, hardly starving

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • reptiles
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 07:29:46 PM »
brain eaters
halloween II (counts!)
mephisto waltz
queen wasp
hellhound
bloodfeast
static age/tv casualty (essentially the same song)
devilock
wolfblood

all stinkers

Bobby Peru

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
    • Community Push avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 08:03:13 PM »
static age/tv casualty

Horseshit. Two (or I suppose one) of my favorites.

What are everyone's favorites? In addition to Static Age/TV Casualty:

She
Bullet
Night of the Living Dead
Astro Zombies
I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch

CUDDLEMONSTER

• SLAP Pal
  • reptiles
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 09:16:02 PM »
astro zombies
i turned into a martian
die die my darling
hate breeders
we bite
night of the living dead
horror business
hybrid moments
some kind of hate
angelfuck

backtoschool

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 11:26:07 PM »
astro zombies
i turned into a martian
die die my darling
hate breeders
we bite
night of the living dead
horror business
hybrid moments
some kind of hate
angelfuck
My exact faves. The only song I'd ad would be Skulls. Now that I think about it, Theme for a Jackal has really been growing on me...

Wooderson

• Rep: -16
  • pearl rips
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 04:23:33 PM »
had to revive this thread. the misfits are fucking great
You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

sergio

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2007, 04:30:28 PM »
THE UNDEAD WERE BETTER THAN THE MISFITS

fuckingvegan

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2007, 05:00:13 PM »
I like them but hate most of the people I see wearing their gear now a days, same kooks who listen to ICP.

Wooderson

• Rep: -16
  • pearl rips
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 05:36:34 PM »
i was imitating danzig the other day and said "SKULL" and then some little fag comes up to me and says "dude its "skulls". i guess theyve really gotten popular
You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Edward Penishands

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2007, 06:52:17 PM »
can someone post the video of danzig getting clocked by the security guard, it's pretty interesting.

damian

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 07:24:29 AM »
we are 138.

Dog Paddle

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 03:30:03 PM »
It's shocking to me how many of my friends that listen to metal do not own a Misfits album.  I am of the opinoin that modern death metal music would not exist without them (I'm sure I'm not the only one).  When I was in 8th grade I bought the classic skull full front print t-shirt and probably wore it like 4 times a week.  God I miss that shirt...
First of all, I want to thank god for giving you all so much, and me so little...

CRO MAG

• Rep: -1
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 04:30:55 PM »
It's shocking to me how many of my friends that listen to metal do not own a Misfits album.  I am of the opinoin that modern death metal music would not exist without them (I'm sure I'm not the only one).  When I was in 8th grade I bought the classic skull full front print t-shirt and probably wore it like 4 times a week.  God I miss that shirt...

I think you are the only one with that opinion, cause that is just stupid as hell.  I think bands like Death, Obituary, Morbid Angel, and Napalm Death(you know, bands that actually sound like death metal) finluenced and helped create "modern death metal".  Maybe you're a euro or some shit and have mistaken the word death metal for punk/hardcore, which The Misfits have influenced.

Dog Paddle

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2007, 05:56:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think you are the only one with that opinion, cause that is just stupid as hell.  I think bands like Death, Obituary, Morbid Angel, and Napalm Death(you know, bands that actually sound like death metal) finluenced and helped create "modern death metal".  Maybe you're a euro or some shit and have mistaken the word death metal for punk/hardcore, which The Misfits have influenced.

I see where you are coming from and I agree that the Misfits don't have a death metal sound, but that is not what I am saying.  The Misfits existed long before most of those bands as far as I understand, and what I mean is that the whole gore/violence aspect of the music that as far as I know, not too many other bands at the time used. I dunno, call me regular if you want, but that's my opinion.
First of all, I want to thank god for giving you all so much, and me so little...

CRO MAG

• Rep: -1
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2007, 06:05:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I see where you are coming from and I agree that the Misfits don't have a death metal sound, but that is not what I am saying.  The Misfits existed long before most of those bands as far as I understand, and what I mean is that the whole gore/violence aspect of the music that as far as I know, not too many other bands at the time used. I dunno, call me regular if you want, but that's my opinion.

Oh word, I understand where your coming from now, addressing the "horror biz" aspect that they brought.  Repect.

Dog Paddle

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2007, 06:21:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh word, I understand where your coming from now, addressing the "horror biz" aspect that they brought.  Repect.

I'm glad to see we could come to terms with this.  I would also like to add that Nike-a-go-go is my favorite Misfits song.

skatemore,man

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2007, 08:37:37 AM »
In 7th grade i copped a copy of Collection One from the hot korean girl in my english class, after that there was no going back. I have had the same shirt for 10 years now, the horror business shirt that says teenagers from mars on the back, that shit is totally hacked but irreplacable.

I aint no goddamn sonof a bitch you better think about it baaaaaby baby..... hahahaa.

Teenagers from Mars
Last Carress
Nike A go go (just cause when i was a little punker non conformist i hated nike, even as i am wearing them right now...)
Eagles Dare
Green Hell
static age