Author Topic: What are your favorite vulcanized shoes currently?  (Read 7884 times)

Woos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Re: What are your favorite vulcanized shoes currently?
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2019, 06:05:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think I’m going to buy some Wino G6s or some Lopez Pros.  Leaning more towards the G6s because they seem to have a better insole and they also have tongue straps. Looks like everything I want in a shoe from aesthetics to tech. I’m just not too sure how well they hold up. I can find them for $30-45 though so it shouldn’t be hard to get my moneys worth.

Lopez’s don’t have tongue straps right?  I can’t see anywhere where it says they do so I assume that’s a no.
[close]
just got the Lopez pro for $25 from that converse sale. Couldn’t beat it. No centering straps but the tongue is secured to the upper for the first 2 eyelets near the toe. Not going anywhere
[close]

Yo wait what sale? I saw them on sale for $55 buy one get one half of on Zumiez but that was the cheapest I found them. I was just going to buy two pairs right away for $82.50 but if I can get one pair for $25 I’ll definitely get them.
[close]
straight from converse.com last week it ended.  Was posted in the same thread!
[close]

Oh I can’t believe I overlooked that. Not a big deal though I just got a sick deal on some Reynolds Low Vulcs. $26 including tax and my friends a manager at Zumiez so he made the shipping free.
[close]
solid! Yeah I got that same pair from zumiez online too! Grabbed Dylan slips too (yellow, gonna try to dye em or something) to hit free ship so like $24 and change each. I’m set for a bit.

Nice dude. If I was going to order them online I was actually thinking about grabbing the Huf Dylan’s as well for the same reason. Zumiez has some crazy deals right now. I got two pairs of Volcom jeans for $17 each last week.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2019, 09:13:24 PM »
lakai riley 2's

I literally have 7 pairs on standby. The vegan all black canvas joints. The ollie area needs a shoego patch pretty quick and I'd prefer an all black synthetic suede but the shoe itself is incredible and they look amazing.
you got them in synthetic tobacco colourway? Currently have a pair and they are holding up quite well.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2019, 11:41:17 AM »
Been a huge fan of the Half Cab Pro's lately - albeit could be that I'm getting back into skating for the first time in a better part of a decade and the nostalgia factor.

Woos

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2019, 08:16:34 PM »
Been a huge fan of the Half Cab Pro's lately - albeit could be that I'm getting back into skating for the first time in a better part of a decade and the nostalgia factor.

I never could get into them myself. Not a huge fan of Mids and I find them odd looking if you have size 12+ feet.  Same reason I won’t ride Converse All Star Pros. I love how they look on smaller feet and like how they skate but they look like clown shoes on me.  I wish I liked Half Cabs more though because the tech is great on them and it’s a classic.

I’m thinking about going with Chima Pro 2s, Blazer Low GTs, Matchcourts, or Louie Lopez Pros if I don’t go with Wino G6s next.  These Reynolds Vulc Lows are decent but the toe box is a little tight for me and I also am having issues with keeping the tongue straight.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2019, 09:27:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I never could get into them myself. Not a huge fan of Mids and I find them odd looking if you have size 12+ feet.  Same reason I won’t ride Converse All Star Pros. I love how they look on smaller feet and like how they skate but they look like clown shoes on me.  I wish I liked Half Cabs more though because the tech is great on them and it’s a classic.

I’m thinking about going with Chima Pro 2s, Blazer Low GTs, Matchcourts, or Louie Lopez Pros if I don’t go with Wino G6s next.  These Reynolds Vulc Lows are decent but the toe box is a little tight for me and I also am having issues with keeping the tongue straight.
rwynolds vulc lows feel very minimal too, the vulc midsole height is really slim I feel. Blazer lows or wino’s seem like a good call. I’m size 12-13 as well.

Woos

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2019, 10:26:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
rwynolds vulc lows feel very minimal too, the vulc midsole height is really slim I feel. Blazer lows or wino’s seem like a good call. I’m size 12-13 as well.

See I personally love the thin midsole on most Emerica and Lakai Vulcs.  I don’t mind foot pain from skating, I hardly notice it since I ski and am used to 12 hour 50+ foot booter sessions in right as boots.  The board control is unmatched when they’re that thin.

Also I must say that they are the best heelflip shoes I’ve skated and I love heelflip variations.  I usually rip that spot of the shoe quick... way quicker than most.  The stitching and design/materials are very solid.  Not to mention how much I love the company and team.  Bækkel, The Provider, Figgy, Spanky, Winkowski, Dickson, Servold, etc.  Stacked for a smaller core company.  Wish Reynolds stayed but he’s done enough for the industry... get that chedda’ Boss-man.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 05:33:55 PM by Woos »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2019, 05:48:42 PM »
Vans authentic Pros.

Black/White
All white
All black

DONE ✅

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1969
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2019, 06:01:50 PM »
In the past year or so I keep finding myself going back to Old Skool Pros or Cons CTAS, specifically the suede ones. Those with the Footprint insole is a combo from heaven.

I would like to update my answer to the Louie Lopez pros. The silhouette is really great for flip tricks and the Converse sole feels really good. On my second pair and will likely be buying a third next. 

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2019, 06:43:23 PM »
blazer hi
standard old skools, half cabs or eras with the insole replaced, i find the pros go too sloppy too fast
i used to skate huf choices a lot, really liked that shoe
favorite vulc of all time would be the first leo romero shoe that looked like adidas campus vulc/blazer low

Woos

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2019, 08:37:12 PM »
Expand Quote
In the past year or so I keep finding myself going back to Old Skool Pros or Cons CTAS, specifically the suede ones. Those with the Footprint insole is a combo from heaven.
[close]

I would like to update my answer to the Louie Lopez pros. The silhouette is really great for flip tricks and the Converse sole feels really good. On my second pair and will likely be buying a third next.

Good looking on the update.  I'll probably grab some soon along with some Wino G6s or Providers.  I'm now debating between the Lopez Pros, Blazer Low GTs, Chima Pro 2s, and, to a lesser extent, Matchcourts.  Gonna get some Emericas again as well but now I'm not sure if I'll be going with Wino G6s or Providers. The Providers seem to have better tech but I don't believe they have tongue straps like Winos have.  I personally think the Winos look much better than The Providers and their goofy stitching patterns and that weird texture on the front of the outer sole.

saltusnaut

• Rep: 36
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2019, 12:43:21 AM »
My two favorites right now are State Madison and Keys. Insoles are great, not to mushy like vans ultracush. Good durability. great fit for my feet. The keys take a sesh or two to mold to my feet, madisons fit great out of the box.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2019, 03:24:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i like the LLpro for sure. The little suede inside the heel area keeps your foot locked in nice. No chance of been slipping. Haven’t skated much in em just chilled.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1969
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2019, 07:11:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Good looking on the update.  I'll probably grab some soon along with some Wino G6s or Providers.  I'm now debating between the Lopez Pros, Blazer Low GTs, Chima Pro 2s, and, to a lesser extent, Matchcourts.  Gonna get some Emericas again as well but now I'm not sure if I'll be going with Wino G6s or Providers. The Providers seem to have better tech but I don't believe they have tongue straps like Winos have.  I personally think the Winos look much better than The Providers and their goofy stitching patterns and that weird texture on the front of the outer sole.

I had the Winos and thought they were a pretty good shoe. Not really much to them but as far as a low profile vulc goes they were fine. People keep telling me they were probably defective but the Wino slip ons are by far the worst shoe I’ve ever skated.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2019, 07:38:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Same here, I finally got a pair a few years back after all the hype that this forum was giving the shoes constantly. Maybe I got them too big, but I never felt like they hugged my feet well. The grip on the sole and the vulc was nice, but it felt like I had big clumps of fabric hanging off my feet. This coming from someone what skated a lot of moon boots from mid 2000s Emerica too.

I just blew out my pair of Habitat Quest (https://images.app.goo.gl/MV55ErjfFUcbdWcn8), skated pretty well for a 5-8 year old shoe. I was given a pair of etnies Manara Vulc which I'm going to use next.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

MotoPancakes

« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2019, 08:35:31 AM »
The Rowley Solos were my shit, the insole was UltraCush but thin as a paper dick. Been skating reg Eras now and they get pretty close to the board feel I had with the Rowleys. Anybody know of any other vans with thinner UltraCush insoles?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2019, 02:45:44 AM »
Currently I'm in love with the Adidas 3MC, the fit is awesome and flick even better.
Bonus points for having a sole that is not a pebble magnet.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 834
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2019, 04:47:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks, I'm thinking of getting a pair if they' do anything crazy for Black Friday/Xmas. I'm currently skating my first pair of Cons which are KA-II's and they've been a bit of a revelation for me. Protection of a light cupsole but the board feel of a vulc. They're kind of like what I always wanted the Busenitz to be. The only issue I have with them is the toe is really narrow and I have wide feet and a chronically broken/dislocated toe so some days it makes my feet feel like an old Chinese woman's.

As for my favorite vulcs you can't go wrong with the classic Vans slip ons or authentics. I also recently acquired a pair of the AV rapidweld lite which are amazing in terms of board feel and control. They're also the lightest skate shoe I've ever had, but they have very little top/side protection as a result and I can only skate them on the rare occasions that I don't have foot problems. I haven't tried the new AVE  high tech shoe but I suspect it's probably amazing like it's predecessor.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2022, 01:56:10 AM »
Bumping this to hear thoughts on everyone's favourite vulcs for 2022. I'm skating Copa Nationales right now (cupsole) but my Rowans felt more 'supportive'.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 05:26:11 AM by Sila »

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2022, 03:00:17 AM »
been rocking 'Matchbreak supers' for a while now, good support and board feel. there not too thick so you cant feel anything and not too thin that there's no protection when the board wacks your ankle/heel or toe regions.
last reasonably well too. which is always good on the wallet
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2022, 04:17:52 AM »
Bumping this to hear thoughts on everyone's favourite vulcs for 2022. I'm skating Copa Nationales right now but my Rowans felt more 'supportive'.

I'm done with vans (for now) but Rowans would be my first choice of any vulc

NB 213 is definitely worth a mention i had one pair of those and loved em
They don't seem to release those often

Frank and Fred

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2022, 04:36:12 AM »
Still rotating Rowans and 212s/ 213s here also.

There are some new 213s that just dropped but they are without the padding around the ankle.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2022, 05:47:47 AM »
Rowans is by far my favorite vulc

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2022, 05:51:57 AM »
The new Rowley’s

Dimitrov

• Rep: -2
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2022, 06:02:53 AM »
Lakai Cambridge

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2022, 06:42:57 AM »
Bumping this to hear thoughts on everyone's favourite vulcs for 2022. I'm skating Copa Nationales right now (cupsole) but my Rowans felt more 'supportive'.

if you liked rowan's shoe then try the new half cabs, they skate pretty much identical but look better. 92s are more similar to rowans fit-wise, the regular half cabs fit a little tighter

brownjenkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2022, 06:43:42 AM »
I'll throw in another vote for the Chima 1s. I'd kill for a lifetime's supply of those in white.

My local just got some Riley 3s that look really good.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2022, 07:15:31 AM »
The new skate Half Cabs doesn’t matter if classics or 92. I don’t know why but the flick is better than the Slip Ons or Old Skools. The Old Skools fit a half size bigger for me now. Before that I was using various Nikes which are fine but the Blazer lows tend to bag out for me and Vans have better board feel for me. I would try 272s but they come in terrible colors IMO.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2022, 07:32:08 AM »
1. nike sb blazer mid
2. half cab 92s
3. cons louie lopez

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2022, 07:38:37 AM »
Emerica KSL G6

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2022, 07:40:25 AM »
Top 3 of mine (in order)

Vans Skate sk8 low
Cons Louis Lopez
Vans skate Old skool

A lot of people think the new vans skate are too tight and snug but once they break and they feel good and still keep their structure and shape even once skated/ broken in compared to most vulcanized it shoes that feel good on day one and then every other day after that they just get soggy and soggier until eventually they’re just floppy pieces of shit.