Author Topic: How Geoff Rowley Became Pro Skateboarding's Nature Warrior via Rolling Stone  (Read 8628 times)

Dontfearthereefer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
It's more of a thrill hunting in Canada because what you're hunting could be hunting you.

go fuck yourself tracer, a white tail deer or turkey is going to stalk and kill you?
get real

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
We got grizzly bears, polar bears, wolverines, cougars, wolves and tons of shit you should stay well away from. Just last summer I saw a golden eagle.

Is there even anything to kill in Liverpool?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm surprised Geoff did this interview. He posts pics on insta and almost always takes them down after a bitch fest ensues
[close]
I had to unfollow him on insta, mainly because I don't see the point in bragging/ chest puffing over social media about the fact that you were able to shoot a a majestic animal in the head with a gun, but also because it's amazing that in 2017 people are still like, "wait, I thought you were vegan?"
[close]

Hunters dont really use guns.
[close]
dude... c'mon, maybe in sweden they dont?, but here and in the states most hunting is done with rifles and shotguns

Well I think if you go by % Im sure you guys have more bow hunters then Sweden/ Europe . My point was they use rifles and shotguns and not "guns" . Saying "guns" make it sound like hunters are out there with 9mm shooting them "gangster style " doing headshots

Hunting and hunters put more money into conservation and helping animals than all of the none hunting conservation organisations put together. Its like that in most countries

frontsideindy

• Rep: -122
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
correct me if i'm wrong (european) but isn't it like way more respectful to animals to shoot them in the head and cook them yourself than to get some pre packaged bullshit from the grocery store? at least seems that way to me. i've never held a gun in my life
[close]

Europe is different to ROW - since middleage we have
no virgin forest anymore- its all man made forested -we grow and harvest wood and
animals since 600years in our forests- they are mostly  no independent
eco system anymore.
Forest warden, woodsman and hunter is once,
if you want to hunt you need to buy licenses with
the landlord /forest warden, and stay with the rules.

I am no hunter - but if you want to learn about local
wildlife you need to join hunters, most of the environmental
activists have a very romantic unrealistic point of view.

Was working with an environmental groups for a national reservation,
but most of the people had no idea about the forest they try to protect.

I have learned everything from my "enemy" the local woodman and hunters.
Difficult to find a forest warden with wildlife know how who
is not hunting anymore- at one point all of them have hunted.

Hate to kill an animal - but hunting wild meat is way more "ethical"
then industrial meat production of today which is super pervert.

My uncle is living in the Arizona desert and he support the local park ranger to
build up and clean the Agua Fria National Monument. Throuh my visits we spend
any day at least 4 hours in the desert collecting litter.
[close]

Europeans on the whole were pretty terrible with conservation and renewal.

Every time I'd travel to Europe (mostly the UK & especially England) I'd think in my head *where are all the trees/forests?*. I mean that's not to say there isn't any at all, but I guess I expected much of England to be far more wooded. I instantly had the impression that Europeans or non indigenous settlers just simply take, and never considered replenishing resources.

Native Americans excelled at resource replenishment, then Euro whitey's came and fucked that up too.

As for the topic of Mr. Rowley.

Hunting is a pretty lame hobby with modern weaponry, but I feel slightly better about it if the majority of the spoils are utilized in a meaningful way, and the kill was not just for a cheap thrill.

England for that matter is the worst- the romans fucked up
the forests first to conquer the native islanders.

later english man need wood to build ships
to fight the Spanish Armada and found the empire.

Then they "invent" industrialization...

plus wether conditions let grow wood slowlier
then in the most forest areas in mainland Europe.
so there was not many forest left..

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Europe is over populated the forests and water masses suffer most.

ungzilla

We got grizzly bears, polar bears, wolverines, cougars, wolves and tons of shit you should stay well away from. Just last summer I saw a golden eagle.

confirmed tracer is terrified of birds

ps: the united states has all of those critters as well.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 02:16:50 PM by ungzilla »

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I'm surprised Geoff did this interview. He posts pics on insta and almost always takes them down after a bitch fest ensues
[close]
I had to unfollow him on insta, mainly because I don't see the point in bragging/ chest puffing over social media about the fact that you were able to shoot a a majestic animal in the head with a gun, but also because it's amazing that in 2017 people are still like, "wait, I thought you were vegan?"
[close]

Hunters dont really use guns.
[close]
dude... c'mon, maybe in sweden they dont?, but here and in the states most hunting is done with rifles and shotguns
You don't want to shoot an animal in the head. You want to shoot it right behind it's shoulders in the lungs. Also it's best for someone to hunt with what ever they're actually going to be able to put the animal down with in one shot.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
How geoff rowley manages to the corniest shit imaginable yet still stay respected

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
He's a bitch for bragging like that, and i got queasy with his horrible ass lamr quotes "the worse slam is always the next cause im ok now"
So if he fucks up with a pebble tomorrow, will that be his worst slam yet?      Dude has to stop sucking phelps dick
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!

Yes, thousands of things, there called teenagers.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Hunters dont really do head shots or use guns. Doubt Rowley does it as a guide
my bad, they kill the animals with love and kisses

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shit_for_brains

I was thinking about everything everyone said about hunters feeling a connection to nature so I ran over probably 22 or 23 birds on my way to work, just a whole community of them, and you guys were right. I feel good.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
I was thinking about everything everyone said about hunters feeling a connection to nature so I ran over probably 22 or 23 birds on my way to work, just a whole community of them, and you guys were right. I feel good.
You should get a stick you use specifically for doing that. You'll get much more of a feeling for the death when you kill them with a solid swing that connects on the money.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
you respect the birds mate, that's why you did it!
it's not just about running them over either, that's only a small part of it. besides, if you didn't run the birds over, someone else would have so you were pretty much doing them a favour. I can see that you're all about the conservation of birds.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 05:49:07 AM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
It's hilarious how .Any people hate hunters for the most ignorant reasons.

The man likes to hunt, legally.

If you lived where I do you basically need to hunt, and grow up doing so.

Cost me roughly $300 for a missed hunt, I'd say that as an average. Because I might get one day one or it might take me a week. That fills my freezer for roughly a year.

And make no mistake about it, the moose is the most dangerous animal power and size wise in North America. They would kill a grizzly like it was a fuckin rabbit
Gentleman ninja warlock

shit_for_brains

I knew it was you

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
I knew it was you

Yeah, you told me weeks ago.

Gentleman ninja warlock

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
It's hilarious how .Any people hate hunters for the most ignorant reasons.

The man likes to hunt, legally.

If you lived where I do you basically need to hunt, and grow up doing so.

Cost me roughly $300 for a missed hunt, I'd say that as an average. Because I might get one day one or it might take me a week. That fills my freezer for roughly a year.

And make no mistake about it, the moose is the most dangerous animal power and size wise in North America. They would kill a grizzly like it was a fuckin rabbit
People don't think of all the animals that are killed protecting the crops they get their vegan food from either. You want to keep eating vegetables? Well someone needs to put down the wild pigs that are breeding at regular rates and will destroy everything in their path.

shark tits

it's like the thieves' dilemma 'shit on my dick or blood on my blade, holmes'.
either you can kill a few deer fast or starve a lotta deer slow. but at the end of the day it's better to have a smaller number of happy, healthy deer than a lot of sickly, dying deer.
same way if you grow fruit, you wanna pick off excess plums, apples, whatever in order that you get larger fruits to eat come harvest.
gism was funny when he made a case for 'you must really love the animal to kill it' but there is some science there.
moose are terrifying, my exwife and i got too close to mother elk once at yellowstone. she could've been mauled but i told the mother elk 'stall her out, deebo' and it worked. what is moose but larger elk?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
either you can kill a few deer fast or starve a lotta deer slow. but at the end of the day it's better to have a smaller number of happy, healthy deer than a lot of sickly, dying deer.
same way if you grow fruit, you wanna pick off excess plums, apples, whatever in order that you get larger fruits to eat come harvest.
gism was funny when he made a case for 'you must really love the animal to kill it' but there is some science there.
moose are terrifying, my exwife and i got too close to mother elk once at yellowstone. she could've been mauled but i told the mother elk 'stall her out, deebo' and it worked. what is moose but larger elk?

Yeah elk are gnarly too! Tasty though! Same with caribou.

Anyone that hates hunting would def. Hate seeing the first buck I shot. 303 British, aimed beging the front legs for the lungs, missed, but dropped it on the spot. Went to check it out. Turns out I shot it in one eye socket and half out the other. Not ideal but it worked. I was 8 years old haha.

Anyhow, you need to witness moose in person to understand the the power. There is nothing as strong in North america
Gentleman ninja warlock

shark tits

Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah elk are gnarly too! Tasty though! Same with caribou.

Anyone that hates hunting would def. Hate seeing the first buck I shot. 303 British, aimed beging the front legs for the lungs, missed, but dropped it on the spot. Went to check it out. Turns out I shot it in one eye socket and half out the other. Not ideal but it worked. I was 8 years old haha.

Anyhow, you need to witness moose in person to understand the the power. There is nothing as strong in North america
me and my best friend [RIP] were briefly 'hunting guides' in wyoming. by that i mean we drank backseat/shotgun and called out 'elk' or 'deer' whenever we saw one then played the bugle [elk horn] when dude inevitably missed w/ the compound bow.
once he got lucky and got a baby deer in the spine. it paralyzed it's hindquarters and dude ran up and slit it's neck, cut off scent glands behind the the knees and slit it's belly, spilling entrails onto the ground. it's a lot to take in for sure, still not as cruel as every bite of industry meat.
i'm veggie but when i lived in wyo i sure gobbled some game! soup kitchen in laramie even serves prairie rocket stew [antelope].

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
Grizzly bears and alaskan brown bears commonly kill moose.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal

Maybe sick ones, or young one, not full grown bulls that's for sure

Moose kill more bear than vice versa
Gentleman ninja warlock

LastTry

• Rep: -2
    • Last Try Skateboarding avatar image
For everyone here that's never been hunting, it's intense. It's pretty savage and it takes a certain mind set to justify killing something that's living. 1 second you are watching it do it's beautiful natural thing and the next, it's flat out dead in front of you. I've never killed anything, but I've been in the woods next to my father when he pulled the trigger and killed deer. It's pretty insane to think that it's so easy to take a life.

That being said, deer jerky is fucking tasty.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Nature Boy > Nature Warrior

WOO
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
the most dangerous game
hardly art, hardly starving

gub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
Expand Quote
[close]

With my brain i would easily outwit an average moose, or bear. There is more to power than just size or strength

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
geoff rowley is prob the biggest sellout but i still back him bc i understand what it's like to have to pay bills and shit these traditional jobs got a nigga down

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
gee, this thread was sure worth bringing back from the dead
maybe we should just hunt it and finish the job?
*pages Geoff*

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

With my brain i would easily outwit an average moose, or bear. There is more to power than just size or strength

Sure it would, if your a seasoned trapper, MAYBE.

Moose hunts can take weeks, pretty elusive.

Bears are not though. I don't hunt bear, it's not legal here. But I see them all the time. I've been rushed once, but bears don't bother me. Unless it's sick or you threaten Cubs, a bear is not likely to do fuck all. Super awesome animals to see in the wild though

I get grizzlies in my yard.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:41:52 PM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock