Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 236013 times)

bluntfullofmid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1230 on: August 24, 2021, 06:39:52 AM »
anybody else out there, built like a mix between AA and Jamie Foy, have any luck finding good loose fit pants that dont make you look even bigger? talking to my boys in the size 36/38 pants.

im also just confused on the sizing on Big Boys and most other loose fit pants cause most of the time the sizing is tailored for dudes the size of a twig. if someone could break down sizing that would be much appreciated
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
  • Get bent
« Reply #1231 on: August 24, 2021, 07:15:35 AM »
anybody else out there, built like a mix between AA and Jamie Foy, have any luck finding good loose fit pants that dont make you look even bigger? talking to my boys in the size 36/38 pants.

im also just confused on the sizing on Big Boys and most other loose fit pants cause most of the time the sizing is tailored for dudes the size of a twig. if someone could break down sizing that would be much appreciated

My buddy is a bigger dude and wears dickies carpenter pants exclusively, they have a more straight leg fit but he seems to enjoy them and he pulls the ladies
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #1232 on: August 24, 2021, 10:31:34 AM »

I'm usually a size 36 or 38 depending on the brand and how I want them to fit... XL Polar Surf Pants work well for me. I got size 36 Polar '93s and they fit, but not real baggy on me - more like a loose/straight fit, like Dickies 874's. XL Big Boys would probably work - the measurements say they're just a little bigger than the XL surf pants. Polar recently updated their size charts (to make them basically useless), but the old ones are easy to find. Best thing to do is take a pair of pants that you currently own, measure them, and compare them to size charts:

I'd like to try the Butter Santosuosso jeans, but their size chart isn't very good (no rise or inseam listed) and there's nowhere near me that I can try them on.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #1233 on: August 24, 2021, 01:42:55 PM »
6'2" 175 lbs, Lee Men's Performance Series Extreme Comfort Slim Pant, 34x34

Those jeans and chinos are pretty much the best fitting pants I've ever found. Probably not the best for skating as the stretch material wears out relatively easily. Pure comfort though, and the best medium for me between slim fitting jeans and baggy jeans.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1234 on: August 24, 2021, 02:15:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My buddy is a bigger dude and wears dickies carpenter pants exclusively, they have a more straight leg fit but he seems to enjoy them and he pulls the ladies
straight leg baggy at the bottom is the real key
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1336
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1235 on: August 24, 2021, 03:19:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Carhartt Canvas Work Dungaree B151 fit exactly like this. I prefer the Relaxed Fit Washed Twill Dungaree because they are baggy but not flowing. Both are $40 US and all cotton.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

sn00p

• Rep: 25
« Reply #1236 on: August 24, 2021, 06:09:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Carhartt Canvas Work Dungaree B151 fit exactly like this. I prefer the Relaxed Fit Washed Twill Dungaree because they are baggy but not flowing. Both are $40 US and all cotton.

B324 gang

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1237 on: August 24, 2021, 10:39:32 PM »
Are Carhartt wip pants completely different fits than the standard workwear Carhartt’s? I like the look of the fit on the black pair in this post but I don’t want to spend the premium price for carhart wip. I need that baggy taper look.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1336
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #1238 on: August 24, 2021, 11:05:57 PM »
Are Carhartt wip pants completely different fits than the standard workwear Carhartt’s? I like the look of the fit on the black pair in this post but I don’t want to spend the premium price for carhart wip. I need that baggy taper look.
I looked at the pants that were on the WIP site and it seems like they have a lot more variety in the fits that they are offering. Some taper, some are straight leg and I didn't see any that said "straight leg opening fits over boots" which I think give Carhartt's their distinct wide leg stack.

As far as WIP in general, my understanding was that it was a way for Carhartt to sell their gear in Europe, given the restrictions on selling foreign goods over domestic, combined with restrictions on who can go into a workwear store and buy a pair of pants. In some countries, you'd need some kind bona fides showing that you were for sure gonna use the pants for a job. I think it's caught on in the streetwear world and they have branched out and now offer all different kinds of designs.

Short answer is, if your in the US, their stuff is readily available all over and pretty cheap so there's no reason to import WIP unless you just really love a particular piece.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1239 on: August 25, 2021, 06:31:11 PM »
Giving these a shot. Just ordered tonight so I’ll have to report back. My buddy is a rep and gave me a discount code to make them a little cheaper.

https://freedometoskate.com/collections/store/products/work-pant-olive-usa-mfg
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1240 on: August 26, 2021, 03:05:36 PM »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1241 on: August 26, 2021, 05:45:38 PM »
https://quasiskateboards.com/collections/frontpage/products/utility-pant-loden-green
Has anyone had experience with quasi pants?

Local has the white ones. Waist and thighs seem good but then they taper pretty aggressively toward the ankle from the knee. Sizing up helps but then the thighs get bulgy. Just my 2˘
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1242 on: August 26, 2021, 11:30:30 PM »
These are great:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Haggar-Weekend-Hidden-Expandable-Waist/dp/B000N3RTKI?psc=1

Besides that I usually just wear dickies jeans. I'm so hyped loose is back, just so comfy.

animalflesh

« Reply #1243 on: August 27, 2021, 05:05:15 AM »
A lot of that Louie Lopez gear is actually pretty sick

Lately I’ve been wearing Levi’s workwear fit which is an all around wider 505 silhouette

And wrangler relaxed fit cargos from target

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #1244 on: August 28, 2021, 05:19:59 AM »
Picked up those enjoi fader denim, they are super soft which is nice, couple of loose threads and stuff but nice pants otherwise, look good in my 1010s, picked the light blue pair as well
You want some queso?”

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1245 on: August 28, 2021, 12:31:05 PM »
Picked up those enjoi fader denim, they are super soft which is nice, couple of loose threads and stuff but nice pants otherwise, look good in my 1010s, picked the light blue pair as well

How is the pocket sizing?  Could you fit a can of beer in the front pockets? 

Not like I'm skating with beer in my front pockets, but I hate it when the pockets are too small.   
Enjoy your life.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #1246 on: August 28, 2021, 12:50:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not like I'm skating with beer in my front pockets, but I hate it when the pockets are too small.

What kinda beer? You may be able to get a 12 oz in there but the pockets are smaller than their polar counterparts, I feel like I could get a tall boy in my polar 93s…then maybe a beer ( bad joke, I know), but the enjoi pants have smaller pockets, I can fit my hand in them but you ain’t getting much else, definitely not the pants you want if your trying to play pocket pool
You want some queso?”

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #1247 on: August 28, 2021, 12:58:12 PM »
I can confirm that tall boys fit in the pockets of my polar pants

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 642
« Reply #1248 on: August 28, 2021, 02:03:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What kinda beer? You may be able to get a 12 oz in there but the pockets are smaller than their polar counterparts, I feel like I could get a tall boy in my polar 93s…then maybe a beer ( bad joke, I know), but the enjoi pants have smaller pockets, I can fit my hand in them but you ain’t getting much else, definitely not the pants you want if your trying to play pocket pool
Yeah I can also confirm that the Enjoi pockets are on the smaller side. It's hard for me to fit my wallet, keys, and passport (my ID is expired lol) all in one pocket.

nevrwasben

« Reply #1249 on: August 28, 2021, 02:36:42 PM »
For this who want a relaxed taper, but not tooooo gangster; Levi’s 841 athletic taper SIZED UP.
Similar to a 550 that’s sized down (but I can’t fit that waist)

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1250 on: August 28, 2021, 03:48:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Yeah I can also confirm that the Enjoi pockets are on the smaller side. It's hard for me to fit my wallet, keys, and passport (my ID is expired lol) all in one pocket.

Butter Goods Santosousso denim is what you want if you’re looking for big pockets. They’re nice and deep. The size 42 waist version can fit a full bottle of henny

stooeylewis

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1251 on: August 28, 2021, 10:36:21 PM »
Big fan of the 550 and tellason Ankara fit in a size up in the waist. And recently got a pair of volcome ‘substance’ jean. They run big in the waist. And have 18 leg opening.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #1252 on: August 29, 2021, 07:36:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Butter Goods Santosousso denim is what you want if you’re looking for big pockets. They’re nice and deep. The size 42 waist version can fit a full bottle of henny

Yea I got these on the wish list, I’ve been sizing up in the enjoi ones, but I’ll prolly get my true waist size in the phillys, they are the baggiest
You want some queso?”

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #1253 on: August 29, 2021, 06:48:46 PM »
Skated some X-Large pants, lasted 2 sessions and blew out.

What are some other options other than Dickies available in Australia?
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

animalflesh

« Reply #1254 on: August 29, 2021, 08:03:02 PM »

Here are the Wrangler Cargos I mentioned plus some huge Volcom shorts I have been running a lot lately as it's blazing hot where I live. The brown cargos are 38 x 32 and the black cargos are 40 x 30 but the measurements are exactly the same on both pairs LOL. No wonder this stuff winds up at the Goodwill, most pants company's sizing are all over the place

Yeah same as mine but mine are black

Love them cause no stretch in the waist just chopped them short and skate in them all summer cause of the lightweight fabric

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #1255 on: August 31, 2021, 08:47:22 AM »
I got the Artform carpenter jeans. They're really short and not baggie. Also the pockets are tiny and the material feels kinda cheap. These were a spur of the moment $94 purchase that I regret.

Boog

• Rep: 200
« Reply #1256 on: August 31, 2021, 10:01:43 AM »
I got the Artform carpenter jeans. They're really short and not baggie. Also the pockets are tiny and the material feels kinda cheap. These were a spur of the moment $94 purchase that I regret.
Damn man I'm sorry to hear that. That's why I'm always nervous to buy things online unless I've had said items before.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #1257 on: September 03, 2021, 07:11:19 AM »
Just got in the light blue denim enjoi pants, they are a lighter material than the black ones so prolly better for summer, they are tapered but not as much as I like, that is okay though they fit everywhere else fine, so I’ll just take in the hem, I have a pair of polar 93s that are perfect so I’ll use those as a guide and take in these two accordingly
You want some queso?”

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #1258 on: September 04, 2021, 06:09:30 AM »
I keep finding these pants and they're amazing. Light, durable, and a perfect fit. Here's a pair in 34x30, unfortunately the seller took the worst photos of all time.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Size-34-x-30-Gray-Honors-Slacks-/174026235405?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I bought a big pair of 38x30's and they're my favorite pants. Easy to wear with a belt and they don't bunch up bad like denim when you cinch em. I have a 30 in waist and these things still look good on me... Don't know where/when this "Honors" brand came from, but I have three pairs now I've either thrifted or found online, they're the best. Keep an eye out and try these on if you find some!

I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

devourthehours

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 51
  • I spit more rhymes than a lazy susan
« Reply #1259 on: September 04, 2021, 07:28:55 AM »

I bought these as well but its hit or miss. I bought two sizes one was too small so I gave them to my girl and the pockets were tiny. The larger size fit perfectly and the pockets were regular sized. I think these just have poor quality control.