Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 236045 times)

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1350 on: October 11, 2021, 02:47:37 PM »
How many pairs of pants/jeans do you guys own. Feel like I have way too much shit but hoping some of you hoarders will make me feel less guilty.

theoriginalgoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -59
  • eight equals d
« Reply #1351 on: October 11, 2021, 02:59:31 PM »
How many pairs of pants/jeans do you guys own. Feel like I have way too much shit but hoping some of you hoarders will make me feel less guilty.

i have an absurd amount, definitely way too many. i have all my different washes of denim, different baggy levels, all different colors of wale cords, trying to build up my different color sweatpants game and swishy pants game. i pretty much sell used clothes full time so i am constantly acquiring new pants and selling old ones, etc.
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 642
« Reply #1352 on: October 11, 2021, 03:11:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Butter Goods just dropped their new Fall collection and they have some good looking pants in there. I have my eye on those herringbone pants with the contrast stitching, but I wish they had a better size chart/better product photos to get a sense of the fit. Would ideally like as little taper as possible and at least a 9' leg opening.

Might still pull the trigger once they drop in the US store...

https://buttergoods.com/collections/all
[close]
if you get a 32 it will measure like a 34, if you get a 34 it will measure like a 36, etc. leg opening on them should be about 8.5” across all sizes from my experience with butter goods. Outseam should be around 40.5” to 41.7” on sizes 32 and 34 so about a 29” inseam. Hope this helps! Can’t wait to get my hands on the green with white stitching. Omg so beautiful
Thank you, this is super helpful! We'll see if my bank account can handle it when they drop...

Dude... it's bad lol. I probably have like 30 pairs of pants and jeans. I've been getting a lot of jeans lately in a lot of different colors and I have a wide variety of pants (cords, wool, chinos, etc). I buy them way more often than I need and I also low key hoard pairs too. I have a lot, especially nice straight-fit ones, that I rarely ever wear because they're not my style any more but I still keep around because I always think to myself "oh what if I want to wear these again in a year or so?" I try to get rid of them by donating them or giving them to my friends every now and then, but I honestly buy too many new ones for that to make an impact lol.

I should mention that I'm not dropping $100+ on new stuff all the time too. I mostly get used/vintage stuff from thrifting or eBay, which helps me justify it  8)

sadnocomply

• Rep: 139
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1353 on: October 11, 2021, 03:21:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i have an absurd amount, definitely way too many. i have all my different washes of denim, different baggy levels, all different colors of wale cords, trying to build up my different color sweatpants game and swishy pants game. i pretty much sell used clothes full time so i am constantly acquiring new pants and selling old ones, etc.
this. Always hunting for deals and never paying full retail justifies it in my mind lol. I’m over 30 pairs total of skate brand denim, cords, twills, canvas. I’d rather buy skate brand pants than Levi’s or wranglers. It should be the opposite the older I get, but we gotta keep these brands we love alive. Can’t be having butter goods and polar turn into a fourstar shit show whatsoever. I won’t stand for it!

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #1354 on: October 11, 2021, 03:25:40 PM »
Damn okay I'm at just over 20 and thought that was getting ridiculous, also very few almost none at retail price. Some of them I never wear thought which is what makes me feel a lil bad

sadnocomply

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1355 on: October 11, 2021, 03:52:20 PM »
Damn okay I'm at just over 20 and thought that was getting ridiculous, also very few almost none at retail price. Some of them I never wear thought which is what makes me feel a lil bad
when I’m tired of a certain fit or style or if I outgrow something I just resell it on eBay, depop, grailed, etc to recoup for the next pant that catches my eye. It’s a cycle that will never die. Must always have fresh pants for any occasion :)

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -59
  • eight equals d
« Reply #1356 on: October 11, 2021, 03:55:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
when I’m tired of a certain fit or style or if I outgrow something I just resell it on eBay, depop, grailed, etc to recoup for the next pant that catches my eye. It’s a cycle that will never die. Must always have fresh pants for any occasion :)

this. sometimes ill take old inventory that i know isnt going to move or just doesnt have much of an r.o.i. and instead of selling on ebay or depop ill just take it to my local parks and drop it off there with a sign saying free stuff
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

newguy

« Reply #1357 on: October 11, 2021, 05:07:45 PM »
Wow and I thought 10 pairs was over the top. To be fair I do own five pair of dungarees so yeah  ;D

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1358 on: October 11, 2021, 05:16:26 PM »
Let’s see some pants collection pics. Feeling a lot less guilty about my collection now which is definitely below 20. Maybe 15 max? Makes me want to step my game up now. You gotta have multiple pairs in ever fit/material/color right?

I think I’m gonna be picking up a pair of those butter goods plum cords. The color and fit on them looks too good to pass on. Pretty sure they are very similar/ the same fit as the Philly denim.

https://buttergoods.com/collections/pants/products/high-wale-cord-work-pants-dusty-plum

I’m also curious if anyone has tried or seen in person the new Levi’s xx chino ez waist pants? They look like a nice lightweight pant possible similar to surf pants? They have very little measurement info though and I need to know the length.
https://levis-alternate.app.link/?$deeplink_path=levi://app/shop/product/A10400001&$desktop_url=https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/p/A10400001&$og_image_url=https://lsco.scene7.com/is/image/lsco/A10400001-front-pdp?$regular_mobile$&$og_title=Levi%27s%C2%AE%20XX%20Chino%20EZ%20Waist%20Men%27s%20Pants

sadnocomply

« Reply #1359 on: October 11, 2021, 05:20:43 PM »
Let’s see some pants collection pics. Feeling a lot less guilty about my collection now which is definitely below 20. Maybe 15 max? Makes me want to step my game up now. You gotta have multiple pairs in ever fit/material/color right?

I think I’m gonna be picking up a pair of those butter goods plum cords. The color and fit on them looks too good to pass on. Pretty sure they are very similar/ the same fit as the Philly denim.

https://buttergoods.com/collections/pants/products/high-wale-cord-work-pants-dusty-plum

I’m also curious if anyone has tried or seen in person the new Levi’s xx chino ez waist pants? They look like a nice lightweight pant possible similar to surf pants? They have very little measurement info though and I need to know the length.
https://levis-alternate.app.link/?$deeplink_path=levi://app/shop/product/A10400001&$desktop_url=https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/p/A10400001&$og_image_url=https://lsco.scene7.com/is/image/lsco/A10400001-front-pdp?$regular_mobile$&$og_title=Levi%27s%C2%AE%20XX%20Chino%20EZ%20Waist%20Men%27s%20Pants
the butter goods cord work pants will have the exact same fit as the apple denim baggy fit jeans with slight taper they released this summer if that helps! They wont be nearly as obnoxious as the phillys in the thighs I can guarantee you that

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #1360 on: October 11, 2021, 06:03:40 PM »
Stoked to see so much love for Butter! They started in Perth where I'm from so always try to buy a few of their pants every year to support.

Anybody looking for more measurements here's a good spreadsheet I found online that breaks down all their fits -

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #1361 on: October 11, 2021, 06:28:47 PM »

A lot. I have 4 pairs of Cee Blues, 8 pairs of polar 93’s, 6 pairs of polar surf, 2 pair of carpet jeans, 5-6 pairs of various carhartt WIP, 2 pair of FTC on the way, a bunch of various selvedge jeans that don’t get worn very much(slimmer fit, they are for when I have to look like a manager at work versus looking like an idiot skateboarder). That’s just what I can remember off the top. I’m very confident there are more in those drawers.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #1362 on: October 11, 2021, 06:38:27 PM »
Holy shit that’s a lot of 93’s!! You must have a damn good job!!!!!

I just ordered some Tiago Primitive jeans in 38”. Has anyone had experience with these jeans at all???

sadnocomply

« Reply #1363 on: October 14, 2021, 05:47:24 PM »
The new butter goods herringbone pants GO. Got mine in 2 days from humiditynola. Went with the green with white stitching and I’m so glad I did. Green pants are the wave this fall. Fits like the polar 44 pants or a cee blues leigh chino when they had those green ones. Might have to get these in all colors

Minoru Suzuki

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1364 on: October 16, 2021, 12:16:48 PM »
I'm on the hunt for a fit that falls between slim straight and the 874. Anybody have any jeans and chino recommendations with a fit like that?

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1365 on: October 16, 2021, 03:16:14 PM »
I'm on the hunt for a fit that falls between slim straight and the 874. Anybody have any jeans and chino recommendations with a fit like that?

Maybe Levi's 501? I used to wear those all the time and they're a nice, classic straight fit jean. Also very easy to find on sale or used vintage pairs.

@sadnocomply damn you're making me want a pair so bad... I'm torn between the black herringbone pants and the plum cords.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #1366 on: October 16, 2021, 04:45:03 PM »
Anyone have the length on the Louie Lopez cords?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1367 on: October 16, 2021, 05:58:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe Levi's 501? I used to wear those all the time and they're a nice, classic straight fit jean. Also very easy to find on sale or used vintage pairs.

@sadnocomply damn you're making me want a pair so bad... I'm torn between the black herringbone pants and the plum cords.

Slim straight, 874, 501's?  Loose pant thread.......

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
« Reply #1368 on: October 16, 2021, 06:31:58 PM »
Maybe levis 551?
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Kevve

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1369 on: October 17, 2021, 09:11:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Butter Goods just dropped their new Fall collection and they have some good looking pants in there. I have my eye on those herringbone pants with the contrast stitching, but I wish they had a better size chart/better product photos to get a sense of the fit. Would ideally like as little taper as possible and at least a 9' leg opening.

[close]
if you get a 32 it will measure like a 34, if you get a 34 it will measure like a 36, etc. leg opening on them should be about 8.5” across all sizes from my experience with butter goods. Outseam should be around 40.5” to 41.7” on sizes 32 and 34 so about a 29” inseam. Hope this helps! Can’t wait to get my hands on the green with white stitching. Omg so beautiful

Im thinking about a pair of Butter Goods Santosuosso but im not sure about sizing as im 6'4/2m tall with almost 36W. Only baggy pant i have is the dickies 874, went with 36 in waist as i read they shrink some the 2 first washes. Fits great now.

Do i go with 36 in butter goods if they shrink or a 34?

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
« Reply #1370 on: October 17, 2021, 10:29:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Im thinking about a pair of Butter Goods Santosuosso but im not sure about sizing as im 6'4/2m tall with almost 36W. Only baggy pant i have is the dickies 874, went with 36 in waist as i read they shrink some the 2 first washes. Fits great now.

Do i go with 36 in butter goods if they shrink or a 34?
I would go with 34. I'm a 34 waist, 5'11", sometimes size up to 36 for extra sag, and I bought the Santosuosso in 32. I've tried on the 34 and they're ridiculously big. I believe they produced them oversize intentionally, and added a drawstring so  people can't complain about their size not fitting without a belt.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

europa1991

• Rep: 59
« Reply #1371 on: October 19, 2021, 09:55:07 AM »
Anyone try the Polar ‘44 pants?

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 216
« Reply #1372 on: October 19, 2021, 12:20:00 PM »
Holy shit. Got my Tiago's yesterday and they are HUGE. 38” is easy 42” Fuxking love them!!

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1373 on: October 21, 2021, 02:57:37 AM »
Anyone have info on Artform’s Tapered Denims? They look really good, but for whatever reason, they don’t put specs on their website. Leg opening, length, etc.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #1374 on: October 21, 2021, 09:27:43 AM »
Anyone have info on Artform’s Tapered Denims? They look really good, but for whatever reason, they don’t put specs on their website. Leg opening, length, etc.

Few pages back there was some info on them from somebody that got them, said that they didn't fit well- way smaller than expected

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1375 on: October 21, 2021, 05:37:30 PM »
The new butter goods herringbone pants GO. Got mine in 2 days from humiditynola. Went with the green with white stitching and I’m so glad I did. Green pants are the wave this fall. Fits like the polar 44 pants or a cee blues leigh chino when they had those green ones. Might have to get these in all colors
Bit the bullet and got these in black. You're right, they're super fuckin nice and fit pretty similar to by Ceeblues Leighs. I like how they're built like chinos so you could dress them up if you wanted to.

Druid

« Reply #1376 on: October 21, 2021, 05:51:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Bit the bullet and got these in black. You're right, they're super fuckin nice and fit pretty similar to by Ceeblues Leighs. I like how they're built like chinos so you could dress them up if you wanted to.

Do y’all know an estimated inseam on the Butter Goods?

sadnocomply

« Reply #1377 on: October 21, 2021, 07:17:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

all mine are coming in around 29”-30” all size 32 waist. I went crazy and got the screw denims, dice denims, cords, and the green herringbones they all vary from 29” to 30” inseam

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1378 on: October 21, 2021, 07:43:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Few pages back there was some info on them from somebody that got them, said that they didn't fit well- way smaller than expected

Thank you! Knew there was a chance it was talked about already.

Druid

« Reply #1379 on: October 22, 2021, 02:06:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
all mine are coming in around 29”-30” all size 32 waist. I went crazy and got the screw denims, dice denims, cords, and the green herringbones they all vary from 29” to 30” inseam
Thanks for the info! I’m 6ft 5. Companies never seem to help me on the inseam love