Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 235971 times)

hhaddockk

Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #1650 on: February 11, 2022, 02:41:31 PM »
Anyone have any luck using brown rit dye? I want brown jeans but im not shelling out for brown big boys

theoriginalgoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -59
  • eight equals d
« Reply #1651 on: February 11, 2022, 03:36:42 PM »
Anyone have any luck using brown rit dye? I want brown jeans but im not shelling out for brown big boys

ive used it before to re-dye shirts. probably will work the same with jeans. test it out first on a cheap pair of thrifted pants first.

i would probably use rit dye remover first to get the color out, and then dye it brown after
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #1652 on: February 11, 2022, 06:12:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ive used it before to re-dye shirts. probably will work the same with jeans. test it out first on a cheap pair of thrifted pants first.

i would probably use rit dye remover first to get the color out, and then dye it brown after
I’ve don’t it before too. i would use a Rit color fixative as well while you are at it. worked really well with denim

nekro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #1653 on: February 14, 2022, 05:36:54 AM »
I've just got a pair of Polar 92s and I love the fit.  I'm keen to get some more but they're too expensive so I'm looking for an alternative.  What is the most similar style in another brand?

europa1991

• Rep: 59
« Reply #1654 on: February 14, 2022, 09:27:17 AM »
I've just got a pair of Polar 92s and I love the fit.  I'm keen to get some more but they're too expensive so I'm looking for an alternative.  What is the most similar style in another brand?
I haven’t gotten a pair but judging by the way they fit in the clips I’ve seen- I would say they’re similar to a vintage Levi’s 560. Which you could find on eBay or even something like Grailed or depop for a reasonable price.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZzpqAToXl0/?utm_medium=copy_link
They look pretty good here which is what I’m going off of

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #1655 on: February 14, 2022, 10:33:15 AM »
i'm gonna try the uniqlo wide fit jeans i think. they look pretty good on their website. just need to shorten them, since all sizes seem to come in a 34 length. they also have a new pant called baker pant, which looks like a mix of work/carpenter/fatigue pants. looks good, but looks like it's cut a bit short for my taste. probably best to hit the store and try them.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #1656 on: February 14, 2022, 11:51:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just got the quasi utility pant and like the material a lot. It’s a nice medium weight canvas with good sized pockets. I went up 2 sizes (32 waist, I got 36s) and I’m very happy with the fit. Perfect taper. Overall, would recommend.
[close]
How is the length ? I'm tempted but they seem high-water in pictures and I'm not about that. Would you post a partial fit ?
[close]
I’ll try to post a fit later today (having some difficulties uploading photos recently, idk why). But for now I can confidently say they are not high-waters.
I succumbed and ordered the Utility pants in 34. Will report back when I get them.
It was a gift to myself but 160cad is steeeeeep
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 12:20:46 PM by Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein »

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1657 on: February 14, 2022, 11:58:23 AM »
i'm gonna try the uniqlo wide fit jeans i think. they look pretty good on their website. just need to shorten them, since all sizes seem to come in a 34 length. they also have a new pant called baker pant, which looks like a mix of work/carpenter/fatigue pants. looks good, but looks like it's cut a bit short for my taste. probably best to hit the store and try them.

Where are you finding those at? Thought they've been out of stock for forever

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #1658 on: February 14, 2022, 02:42:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just got the quasi utility pant and like the material a lot. It’s a nice medium weight canvas with good sized pockets. I went up 2 sizes (32 waist, I got 36s) and I’m very happy with the fit. Perfect taper. Overall, would recommend.
[close]
How is the length ? I'm tempted but they seem high-water in pictures and I'm not about that. Would you post a partial fit ?
[close]
I’ll try to post a fit later today (having some difficulties uploading photos recently, idk why). But for now I can confidently say they are not high-waters.
[close]
I succumbed and ordered the Utility pants in 34. Will report back when I get them.

the quality is pretty top notch. had to cop two pairs. i’m actually rocking the eggplants ones rn

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1583
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1659 on: February 14, 2022, 06:06:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where are you finding those at? Thought they've been out of stock for forever

I got some wide pants a month or two ago….I got them tapered….they were well wide though. 

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1660 on: February 14, 2022, 07:09:57 PM »
Has anyone else skated sportscraft pants?
While they aren't as baggy in appearance, I found them to be very breathable, and flexible enough to skate in.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1661 on: February 17, 2022, 03:15:55 AM »
Bought the santosuossos.

Coming from 42‘s Levi’s 550s I still feel like these run to big somewhat in a size 34.
Might have taken the 32‘s but they where too short for my 6‘1.

Does anybody have experience if you can alter such pants well enough without loosing their fit?

Might would give it a shot and give them To a tailor.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1662 on: February 17, 2022, 03:26:28 AM »
In the waist? Yeah you can. A couple of darts in the back, and its reversible.

Clock3rs

« Reply #1663 on: February 17, 2022, 03:36:33 AM »
In the waist? Yeah you can. A couple of darts in the back, and its reversible.

Thought about the waist and taking small amount of thigh. But this might alter them too much, I assume

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #1664 on: February 17, 2022, 03:52:22 AM »
It depends on how much, Even in the waist, more then 1 inch can alter the fit slightly.
But yeah... its a nightmare to find loose fit jeans for us above 6ft. I'm 6'3, and Polar Big Boys in M fits pretty good, but the '93 and Butter Goods pants? No way.

Clock3rs

« Reply #1665 on: February 17, 2022, 04:17:55 AM »
It depends on how much, Even in the waist, more then 1 inch can alter the fit slightly.
But yeah... its a nightmare to find loose fit jeans for us above 6ft. I'm 6'3, and Polar Big Boys in M fits pretty good, but the '93 and Butter Goods pants? No way.

For sure. Might just start learning altering pants on my own to do justice to my ocd.

Or just follow the train and buy big boys and get rid of these. I do dig the black wash and green stitches tho. Best colorway I’ve seen in all the pants

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 643
« Reply #1666 on: February 18, 2022, 04:58:41 PM »
Bought the santosuossos.

Coming from 42‘s Levi’s 550s I still feel like these run to big somewhat in a size 34.
Might have taken the 32‘s but they where too short for my 6‘1.

Does anybody have experience if you can alter such pants well enough without loosing their fit?

Might would give it a shot and give them To a tailor.
I had some size 32 Silvertabs (measured 33) altered to more of a 29 waist last year. I had tried to get them professionally altered before that, but the first lady I talked to just wouldn't do it because she said it would mess up the overall fit of the pants too much. The girl who did do it wasn't a professional but clearly knew what she was doing, and was able to also alter the pockets so that they didn't look out of place and keep the overall fit of the jeans. Those jeans were almost unwearable on me originally but are now one of my best fitting pants. So it's definitely doable, but you might need to find the right person if you're looking for a drastic change.

Rattus Localis

« Reply #1667 on: February 21, 2022, 02:32:48 PM »
Xlarge herringbone twill 91 pant.

Anyone tried them?

I have the chance to get two pairs cheap but won't be able to try them on.

How baggy is the fit? And if I'm usually a 34, should I go for that size, or will they be fucking massive (that's their "extra large" size according to their website)?

Also, are they comfortable to skate in?

Thanks.

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #1668 on: February 21, 2022, 02:44:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Update on quasi utility pants
The fabric feels nice, heavy duty, like carhartt work pants. I got them in 34 and they're true to size in waist I'd say. Nice baggy tapered fit, nothing excessive like big boys. The length however is really short, total length is around 40" and inseam is 29". That's way too short for me, I'm sending those back.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #1669 on: February 21, 2022, 10:22:21 PM »
Question for those who wear Volcom frickin modern pants. I am looking for something similar but with a better waist sizing (?). I am typically a 34 but those pants in that size end up fitting me like a pair of wranglers (too fitted on my butt), and my pairs of 36 fit great all around except I need a belt or they will fall. What alternatives do yall suggest to get? What a similar pants brand/style?

Volcom Frickin Modern is a more slim fitting pant. Looking for a pant with the same wit but looser in the butt is going to be hard.

Maybe Dickies Skateboarding Slim Straight pants? I notice Dickies fits higher waisted, so you might be able to get away with going a size up in those and they may fit a little more loose where you want them to.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1583
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1670 on: February 22, 2022, 09:25:26 AM »
Pant police here….go start a fitted pant thread….if a small child cannot hang off the ass of the pant….it does not belong in this thread…..

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
« Reply #1671 on: February 22, 2022, 10:36:09 AM »
Pant police here….go start a fitted pant thread….if a small child cannot hang off the ass of the pant….it does not belong in this thread…..
Thank you.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #1672 on: February 22, 2022, 04:38:14 PM »

Modern fit is basically the least slim of slim fit pants, however much too slim for a loose fit thread

Thank you for your service

KillDayoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #1673 on: February 22, 2022, 04:47:26 PM »
Just listed a bunch of baggys on depop if anyone is interested. https://www.depop.com/wordscurbs/

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1674 on: February 26, 2022, 12:57:44 PM »
So I’ve got a hack for you folks:

If you buy Levi’s 550 in big and tall with a 38in inseam and hem it to 32 it’s the same leg opening as a Polar ‘93. Levi’s stores offer cheap hemming or it’s like $10 in Chinatown. With sales you’ll then get a way cheaper pair of the same fit.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1675 on: March 08, 2022, 09:12:12 AM »

These are Carhartt B11 Loose Fit Duck Carpenter pants, I originally bought in 34x34 and they were way too long so I took them down to the local dry cleaners and they hemmed them for $8. I think they're a pretty good pair of baggies for ~$50 all in.

If I did it again, I don't think I'd hem them quite so short because they flood a bunch when I'm skating (although some people prefer that look), and I'd maybe ask them to taper the leg into the hem a bit like the Polar 92s.

However, they're super comfortable and easy to skate in.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 139
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1676 on: March 17, 2022, 01:27:08 PM »
Thoughts/opinions on televisistar pants? Lookin at sunflower denims and 3vx cords

vhsfisheye

« Reply #1677 on: March 17, 2022, 03:07:29 PM »
Thoughts/opinions on televisistar pants? Lookin at sunflower denims and 3vx cords

I’ve never seen a pair that didn’t look ridiculous on the person wearing them. Far to baggy for my personal tastes

sadnocomply

• Rep: 139
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1678 on: March 17, 2022, 03:59:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve never seen a pair that didn’t look ridiculous on the person wearing them. Far to baggy for my personal tastes

well she’s like 5’4 and a woman - so that doesn’t help me whatsoever lol. I’m 5’11 170 with meat castles for thighs and calves, I think mediums would be my best best but any input would be great from someone. Size medium has 14” thighs and 9” leg opening from their size chart. Pretty comparable to a polar big boy or santosuosso denim from what I’m gathering.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1679 on: March 17, 2022, 04:11:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
well she’s like 5’4 and a woman - so that doesn’t help me whatsoever lol. I’m 5’11 170 with meat castles for thighs and calves, I think mediums would be my best best but any input would be great from someone. Size medium has 14” thighs and 9” leg opening from their size chart. Pretty comparable to a polar big boy or santosuosso denim from what I’m gathering.

MEAT. CASTLES.