Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 236026 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1583
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2430 on: May 16, 2023, 10:56:42 PM »
I wanna hit that shop for sure, gonna try to this summer, harewood looks fun..

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #2431 on: May 19, 2023, 02:20:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone in here know of any good all cotton alternatives to dickies 874? Love the dickies cut but not the polyester, not really a fan of carhartt cuts
[close]

dickies finally released these. i have wanted 100% cotton 874s for YEARS! i just ordered them so cant comment on quality yet.  but theyre called the Chatom pant.  essentially a 100% twill 874 with pleating

just received these and hot damn. if you ever wanted essentially just better 874s, these are them.  the pleats are classy looking, the material is lightweight and breathable.  i feel like these could even be dressed up nicely.  def not as hard wearing or durable as the poly blend but for a non skate pant i fuck w these heavy

newguy

« Reply #2432 on: May 19, 2023, 07:23:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anyone in here know of any good all cotton alternatives to dickies 874? Love the dickies cut but not the polyester, not really a fan of carhartt cuts
[close]

dickies finally released these. i have wanted 100% cotton 874s for YEARS! i just ordered them so cant comment on quality yet.  but theyre called the Chatom pant.  essentially a 100% twill 874 with pleating
[close]

just received these and hot damn. if you ever wanted essentially just better 874s, these are them.  the pleats are classy looking, the material is lightweight and breathable.  i feel like these could even be dressed up nicely.  def not as hard wearing or durable as the poly blend but for a non skate pant i fuck w these heavy
link link link

Number

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2433 on: May 21, 2023, 09:28:25 AM »
Anybody try those Nike Kearny Cargos?

Bror

• Rep: 23
« Reply #2434 on: May 25, 2023, 03:29:57 AM »
what type of pants / materials do u skate in the summer? I died last weekend trying to skate in jeans..

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 808
« Reply #2435 on: May 25, 2023, 05:07:20 AM »
what type of pants / materials do u skate in the summer? I died last weekend trying to skate in jeans..

Shorts.
But someone else asked the same question in the "questions that don't deserve their own thread" and Polar surf pants were mentioned as a light pants for summer.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2436 on: May 25, 2023, 06:41:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
link link link

https://www.dickies.ca/en/pants/chatom-pleated-pants/WPR16.html

more than double the price of 874s as well...

kelbywest

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2437 on: May 25, 2023, 07:17:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The 874s are described as relaxed fit but these say "regular fit". They are similar?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #2438 on: May 25, 2023, 07:46:30 AM »
anyone up in this bitch interested in some 34 Polar Grund Denim Chinos in black? Or light wash Silvertab baggys? both well worn and hemmed to 30 inch length. thought I'd ask before going through the effort in posting them on depop.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2439 on: May 29, 2023, 05:18:45 PM »
anybody here know if the big boy shorts are the same fit in the waist as the pants? i ordered an xl because its perfect in the pants, heres hoping theyre the same.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #2440 on: June 02, 2023, 04:42:12 AM »
Tried with the silvertab baggy’s but honestly just can’t do it. Selling off two pairs of 34x30, black and light washed jean. Hemmed to 30 length (moms has an alteration shop and hooked it up). Hit my PM’s if anyone’s interested.

Also selling pair of black Polar Grund jeans, 34x30 hemmed also.

Think I’m a Polar 92! and loose fit but not baggy type of person.

What’s up with the silver tabs? Not my size but have them in my cart. Too baggy??
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2441 on: June 02, 2023, 07:26:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shorts.
But someone else asked the same question in the "questions that don't deserve their own thread" and Polar surf pants were mentioned as a light pants for summer.

@Bror I actually bought some surf pants and they are light and comfortable but as baggie as big boys.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1968
« Reply #2442 on: June 02, 2023, 10:06:08 AM »
I know there's been talks of size inconsistency, but can anyone confirm if this is at least fairly accurate for Surf Pants? I wanna order some more for summer but am thinking of sizing down from what I have. According to this an extra small is as wide in the waist as a size 36 in 93s  :o

My two pairs are Larges, and even if I tie them as tight as I possibly can they're still loose.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 10:18:54 AM by pizzafliptofakie »

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #2443 on: June 02, 2023, 10:57:50 AM »
I know there's been talks of size inconsistency, but can anyone confirm if this is at least fairly accurate for Surf Pants? I wanna order some more for summer but am thinking of sizing down from what I have. According to this an extra small is as wide in the waist as a size 36 in 93s  :o

My two pairs are Larges, and even if I tie them as tight as I possibly can they're still loose.

I can only speak from experience, but I'm a size 34 and my Large surf pants need to be cranked down to stay on. I ended up getting a Medium-Tall and the waist is much better, but they're not really the fit I want in the legs, much less baggy.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2444 on: June 02, 2023, 11:01:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I can only speak from experience, but I'm a size 34 and my Large surf pants need to be cranked down to stay on. I ended up getting a Medium-Tall and the waist is much better, but they're not really the fit I want in the legs, much less baggy.

Is it that big of a difference? Large is pretty baggy on me and I'm willing to sacrifice some of that looseness for a more secure waist. I'm generally a 34 too, depending on the brand.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #2445 on: June 02, 2023, 11:03:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Is it that big of a difference? Large is pretty baggy on me and I'm willing to sacrifice some of that looseness for a more secure waist. I'm generally a 34 too, depending on the brand.

The Large seems significantly baggier. The medium tall for me is is closer to a dickies slim straight fit through the leg, not even a standard 874

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2446 on: June 02, 2023, 11:06:26 AM »
eesh, don't really want that. Might stick with the large and just crank that drawstring.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2447 on: June 02, 2023, 11:07:42 AM »
I can't say for an XS, but that chart is not accurate for XL. I measured an XL pair of mine and got this:

Waist: 22" (fully stretched)
Rise: 13"
Thigh: 15.5"
Knee: didn't measure it (no idea where the 'knee' is on pants)
Inseam: 29"
Leg opening: 8.5"

Unless they've changed the fit since I bought them, that chart shows them 2" bigger in the waist, 1.2" shorter in the rise, 4.8" bigger around the thigh, and 2.1" longer in the legs compared to the actual pants in my possession.

I usually wear size 36 or 38 pants depending on the brand, and XL surf pants fit me really well.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2448 on: June 02, 2023, 01:27:04 PM »
I'm 6 foot 3 and like 163-165lb, 31 waist. M-Tall surf pants are still pretty loose on me. The large were just a bit too big and the waist required cranking. The problem with the M-Tall is the drawstring isn't long enough.

I've gotten rid of most of surf pants and replaced with Gramicci pants. Better quality, more durable, still pretty lightweight.

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #2449 on: June 02, 2023, 03:21:40 PM »
I'm 6 foot 3 and like 163-165lb, 31 waist. M-Tall surf pants are still pretty loose on me. The large were just a bit too big and the waist required cranking. The problem with the M-Tall is the drawstring isn't long enough.

I've gotten rid of most of surf pants and replaced with Gramicci pants. Better quality, more durable, still pretty lightweight.

Yeah, I'm 6'4, 200, 34 waist. Wee bit Beefier

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2450 on: June 03, 2023, 09:25:48 AM »
Picked up some big boy jorts today in S, same fit as the S jeans as well as the S surf pants.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #2451 on: June 05, 2023, 03:58:55 PM »
93 cargos my new favorite pants. usually rock a 32 waist but got 34/32 and they are perfect bagginess

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2452 on: June 05, 2023, 09:58:35 PM »
posted on here a month or two ago. stuck between 93 and big boy. i feel like 93 feels too small for my t shirt.. anybody else have that top heavy problem where the pants feel too skinny for the shirt youre wearing? lol. but then, big boys are starkly baggier. i guess i should just get my big boys tapered after all :/.

Yes, but not with loose fitting pants. Most of my t-shirts fit me nicely with slimmer pants also but some only work with loose fitting pants. Damn fashion making life difficult.  :D

flocke

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2453 on: June 06, 2023, 02:37:38 AM »

if you dont like shorts try any pant made out of ripstop! I love my Magenta Loose Pants for skating in summer:

https://shop.magentaskateboards.com/products/loose-pants-ripstop-sand-1489

Steven Seagullwing

« Reply #2454 on: June 06, 2023, 03:25:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, I'm 6'4, 200, 34 waist. Wee bit Beefier

6’5 185 34 waist and I can vouch for the Gramicci pants in Large. Good fit. Good quality and the length is pretty perfect for taller dudes. The name of the pant is actually “Gramicci Pant” 

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2455 on: June 08, 2023, 03:47:32 PM »
https://www.elementbrand.com/big-jean-baggy-fit-jeans-194844207203.html

anyone grab these from the element sale recently? half off, plus more codes or whatever.. just curious if they're awful quality and not worth it

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #2456 on: June 09, 2023, 02:21:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The 874s are described as relaxed fit but these say "regular fit". They are similar?

imo the fit is pretty identical

BL0B

• Rep: 416
« Reply #2457 on: June 09, 2023, 02:31:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

imo the fit is pretty identical

what about shrinkage after washing, these gotta shrink like a mofo? that would effect the fit?

s0sa

• Rep: 9
« Reply #2458 on: June 09, 2023, 08:16:12 AM »

theories stamp lounge pants

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2459 on: June 09, 2023, 08:18:52 AM »
Real random purchase but I found a pair of these Volcom chinos on sale and they're really nice.

https://www.volcom.com/products/skate-vitals-cj-collins-pant-dark-brown?variant=39809729691715