Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 236070 times)

Snappyfingers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
  • AW YEAH
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2520 on: June 28, 2023, 07:49:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone have recommendations for a not too baggy pair of black cargo pants that don’t lose its color/fade too bad overtime with washes?
[close]

RothCo
https://www.rothco.com/product/rothco-bdu-pants
[close]

This! Plus, wash them inside out.

^This^

But I guess I thought it was a no brainer
AW YEAH

Pastasash

• Rep: 76
« Reply #2521 on: June 28, 2023, 07:57:03 PM »
Thanks pals. Appreciate the advice and info!

Guess I should’ve given more context, in the warm/ summer months I usually always sweat thru them when skating in the heat vs the colder months where I don’t really get as sweaty and don’t feel the need to wash them every time.

Might check out those rothco’s again, the ones I had were from years ago so might be better quality now.

Snappyfingers

• AW YEAH
« Reply #2522 on: June 28, 2023, 08:03:46 PM »
Thanks pals. Appreciate the advice and info!

Guess I should’ve given more context, in the warm/ summer months I usually always sweat thru them when skating in the heat vs the colder months where I don’t really get as sweaty and don’t feel the need to wash them every time.

Might check out those rothco’s again, the ones I had were from years ago so might be better quality now.

I have several pair and all are great quality.
AW YEAH

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 115
« Reply #2523 on: June 29, 2023, 08:39:31 AM »
I was at a Levi's outlet yesterday and they had 569s for $24.99.  First time I've walked into a Levi's outlet in forever and was pleasantly surprised. 
Enjoy your life.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
« Reply #2524 on: June 29, 2023, 09:01:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone have recommendations for a not too baggy pair of black cargo pants that don’t lose its color/fade too bad overtime with washes?
[close]

RothCo
[close]

Wash inside out and line dry your clothes when you can. Your clothes dryer is convenient, but it's fading the colors and ripping apart your clothes every time you use it.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Snappyfingers

• AW YEAH
« Reply #2525 on: June 29, 2023, 11:36:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

RothCo
[close]

[close]

Wash inside out and line dry your clothes when you can. Your clothes dryer is convenient, but it's fading the colors and ripping apart your clothes every time you use it.

^Also THIS^
AW YEAH

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2526 on: June 29, 2023, 11:48:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

These look pretty good. How’s the fit & sizing? Do you have for example Polar 93s to compare them to.
[close]

No, don't have any Polar to compare, sorry. But my Edwins fit true to size for me.

I tried on the Edwin Loose Tapered and the Loose Straight today and on me they're pretty much a regular fit, not loose at all really. I do have a strange body shape though. Most regular fit jeans are slim for me and slim fits are skinny and skinny fits I can't even get on.  :)

For me Polar 93s are the best loose pants I've found but they're a bit restrictive. The rise could be lower or the ass area more spacious. Closest to Polar 93s I've found are Nudie Tuff Tonys & Levi's Skate Baggy jeans. Better variety in colors that I like too. Nudie has free repairs forever as well. Both have a way longer inseam than Polars. Probably like 4" longer in 32" inseam. Both seem a little more spacious in the ass area also. Could get them hemmed to get the same length as Polars if I wanted I guess. I haven't skated either yet but they feel pretty good just wearing around.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Levi’s 550s are not sold in Finland (and most of Europe?) for some reason and finding vintage ones isn’t super easy either.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 03:16:53 PM by Roisto »

DeepSpace9mm

• Rep: 100
« Reply #2527 on: June 29, 2023, 06:03:53 PM »
This is only loose pants adjacent:

I (think) that I read an interview of Hjalte somewhere and IIRC he said something about having a big ass and that he skates only in the Dancer pants.

Edit: here it is https://blog.slamcity.com/dancer-profile-with-hjalte-halberg/amp/
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 06:11:18 PM by DeepSpace9mm »

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #2528 on: June 29, 2023, 07:23:43 PM »
For loose summer pants, MUJI has a pair of hemp tapered pants that aren't too bad.

They are fairly loose, however they run short if you wear them at your natural waist.

Not sure how the durability will be, since they are lightweight, but I've got a few pairs of their hemp shorts that have lasted over 5 years (but I don't use a clothes dryer), and they are really nice for the relatively hot and humid summers we have here in Japan.

Another caveat: They are produced in Cambodia, so I'm not too sure about the labor practices/conditions there.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #2529 on: June 30, 2023, 09:24:05 AM »
calico cut stretch washed chinos are the shit

https://getcalicocutpants.com/

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #2530 on: June 30, 2023, 03:15:02 PM »
if its above 70 degrees and im wearing pants , I've yet to find something thats beat surf pants.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2531 on: July 01, 2023, 11:51:25 AM »

you gotta give!
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

gearcrisis

« Reply #2532 on: July 01, 2023, 06:33:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
you gotta give!

why do they all have pee stains in the stock images?

also. does anyone know if OG ben davis pants measure anything like 93s? i wear 28/30 cuz im a true 30, so should i just get 30/30 in bens?

gearcrisis

« Reply #2533 on: July 01, 2023, 06:35:56 PM »
oh wait duh, the driving crooner wears those (calico cut)  8) ;)

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #2534 on: July 01, 2023, 09:58:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
you gotta give!
[close]

also. does anyone know if OG ben davis pants measure anything like 93s? i wear 28/30 cuz im a true 30, so should i just get 30/30 in bens?

In my experience the original cut Ben Davis' have been inconsistent fit-wise over the years, but they have tended to not be "vanity sized," so get your true size, or one size larger. But it'd be safer to re-measure yourself to make sure because they might run smaller than what you expect. A lot of brands expect people to wear pants on their hip bones rather that at the "traditional" waist and I think the original cut was made for people to wear higher up.

They do not give/stretch much, if at all and they will shrink if you put them in the dryer.

Back in the day they were kinda weird shaped; like slimmer in the waist then would be a lot larger in the seat/hip area as well as having a high rise. They also used to taper a lot more than the 93's, almost more like the 92's.

LOL, sorry - this answer probably isn't very helpful.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2535 on: July 01, 2023, 10:33:26 PM »
Yah, I’d tend to say Ben Davis and anything Polar is incomparable…..

gearcrisis

« Reply #2536 on: July 02, 2023, 12:34:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
you gotta give!
[close]

[close]

In my experience the original cut Ben Davis' have been inconsistent fit-wise over the years, but they have tended to not be "vanity sized," so get your true size, or one size larger. But it'd be safer to re-measure yourself to make sure because they might run smaller than what you expect. A lot of brands expect people to wear pants on their hip bones rather that at the "traditional" waist and I think the original cut was made for people to wear higher up.

They do not give/stretch much, if at all and they will shrink if you put them in the dryer.

Back in the day they were kinda weird shaped; like slimmer in the waist then would be a lot larger in the seat/hip area as well as having a high rise. They also used to taper a lot more than the 93's, almost more like the 92's.

LOL, sorry - this answer probably isn't very helpful.

nah this was very helpful. im gonna avoid them altogether before i spiral deeper into pants madness. i need a consistent fit.

im also in this delemma where sometimes 93 feels too small but the big boys i also own feel too big in the seat, i wish i could find a silvertab baggy clone that has that good taper, with a longer rise like polar does. that would be gassss

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #2537 on: July 02, 2023, 12:52:25 PM »
Summer is here... Any loose fit shorts recco's? Dockers?

NotSureWhatImDoingHere

• Rep: -8
« Reply #2538 on: July 04, 2023, 08:04:46 AM »
I rarely wash my pants, I live by this stuff. Spray your pants down and air them out to dry and they’ll be smelling clean and takes care of any odor.

https://www.whistles.com/us/product/mr-black-denim-refresh-38789.html

Post Alone

« Reply #2539 on: July 04, 2023, 05:18:10 PM »

This is a nice short. Baggy but not obnoxious.

https://thepremierstore.com/products/g-short?_pos=16&_sid=a09502946&_ss=r

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1968
« Reply #2540 on: July 05, 2023, 06:19:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
you gotta give!
[close]

that's got nothing to do with piss, they come like that. They're really in style right now. Even rappers wear them!

gearcrisis

« Reply #2541 on: July 05, 2023, 06:27:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
you gotta give!
[close]

[close]

that's got nothing to do with piss, they come like that. They're really in style right now. Even rappers wear them!
does anyone know how the driving crooner signature calico cut fits (from when the jock threatened to kill him) ? Heard it was vanity sizing

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #2542 on: July 05, 2023, 06:32:18 AM »
Those pants don't exist! It's just a website that SAYS that these kinds of pants exist! Wouldn't you agree that's all you need?

shawngreg

• Rep: 63
« Reply #2543 on: July 08, 2023, 08:44:37 AM »
anyone tried the Jamie Foy Dickies?  i’m looking for something similar to the standard loose fit double knees, just without the double knee lol.  would these hit the mark?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2544 on: July 11, 2023, 10:39:34 AM »
Can't skate on shorts and is getting hot in here. Which is a good alternative for this?
I was checking those Polar surf pants but I'd like to have more options.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1968
« Reply #2545 on: July 11, 2023, 10:44:59 AM »
anyone tried the Jamie Foy Dickies?  i’m looking for something similar to the standard loose fit double knees, just without the double knee lol.  would these hit the mark?

I have a pair and they're pretty decent. I got them TTS and they're looser than my sized up 874s, but they're not huge.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #2546 on: July 12, 2023, 06:42:27 AM »
Can't skate on shorts and is getting hot in here. Which is a good alternative for this?

magenta og pants- the drawstring ones are pretty cool. theres a ripstip variant but the regular ones are a quite comfy material.

other than that theres these vans baggy taper pants with a drawstring too, might find these on sale. don't know about materials though.

thriftstore pants- you'll find some light ones easily.

that said: fit and material is pretty much the best of these on the polar surfs!

gramicci pants maybe? never had them but seem pretty liked for summer round these parts- slap that is  ;D

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2547 on: July 12, 2023, 07:32:01 AM »
Scrubs?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #2548 on: July 12, 2023, 07:46:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is a nice short. Baggy but not obnoxious.

https://thepremierstore.com/products/g-short?_pos=16&_sid=a09502946&_ss=r

Those are too thick for 90 degree days. You’ll develop jungle crotch. If you’ve never skated in mesh shorts it’s time. I prefer Champion cause they are baggy, double mesh lined, deep pockets and cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Champion-Mens-Lacrosse-Short-Large/dp/B07SGZFPN6/ref=asc_df_B07SDF6X7S/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=416949036671&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13868738312531821639&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9052758&hvtargid=pla-896470927333&psc=1&ref=&adgrpid=96812104471&th=1

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2549 on: July 16, 2023, 03:00:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

magenta og pants- the drawstring ones are pretty cool. theres a ripstip variant but the regular ones are a quite comfy material.

other than that theres these vans baggy taper pants with a drawstring too, might find these on sale. don't know about materials though.

thriftstore pants- you'll find some light ones easily.

that said: fit and material is pretty much the best of these on the polar surfs!

gramicci pants maybe? never had them but seem pretty liked for summer round these parts- slap that is  ;D
Thx, I went past scouting but nothing interesting. Probably I'll end up with the surf pants that I found for like 50%
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.