Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 236028 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1086
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2550 on: July 16, 2023, 07:26:40 AM »
Can't skate on shorts and is getting hot in here. Which is a good alternative for this?
I was checking those Polar surf pants but I'd like to have more options.

100% flax linen pants.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Southernmost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 122
« Reply #2551 on: July 17, 2023, 12:21:06 PM »
Just wanted to say I’ve been wearing the Volcom x Louie Lopez Cords lately and I highly recommend them. I’d size down 1-2”. Very comfortable, soft but still protective with just the right amount of stretch (98% cotton/2% elastane) and the dark green looks great. A little baggy but not massive. Not sure if they’re still available online or at shops since he went to Noah. Hopefully there’s still some stock out there because I’d like to get a backup pair. I lucked out finding these at a Goodwill for $6 in great pre owned condition.

Daydream

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2552 on: July 17, 2023, 01:19:58 PM »
Just wanted to say I’ve been wearing the Volcom x Louie Lopez Cords lately and I highly recommend them. I’d size down 1-2”. Very comfortable, soft but still protective with just the right amount of stretch (98% cotton/2% elastane) and the dark green looks great. A little baggy but not massive. Not sure if they’re still available online or at shops since he went to Noah. Hopefully there’s still some stock out there because I’d like to get a backup pair. I lucked out finding these at a Goodwill for $6 in great pre owned condition.
saw them on sale here for $50 earlier today
https://www.unionskates.com/shop/p/volcom-louie-lopez-tapered-corduroy-pants-cedar-green

Southernmost

• Rep: 122
« Reply #2553 on: July 17, 2023, 01:26:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
saw them on sale here for $50 earlier today
https://www.unionskates.com/shop/p/volcom-louie-lopez-tapered-corduroy-pants-cedar-green

Nice! Thanks for the lead. Unfortunately they don’t have my size, currently wearing a 32” for these pants. They do have 28, 30 and 36 if any other Pals are interested.

gearcrisis

« Reply #2554 on: July 17, 2023, 01:34:16 PM »
been lurking here for a minute… does anyone know of a pant that fits baggier than a 93 but more tapered in the legs than big boys?

driving myself crazy here. 93s in a 28/30 fit my waist good but the rise isnt high enough to my liking and the legs arent baggy enough for my t shirts (i look popsicle legged) , so i sized up to a 30 and the fit is perfect besides the waist being a bit too big and sagging inwards creating those folds around my junk 😖

big boys are the closest i can get to a true waist + baggy fit but even in an XS theyre huge. dont really wanna go thru the hassle of tapering them myself or professionally if i dont have to, but the pants madness im experiencing sucks so i might just do that. any suggestions for denim is appreciated.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2555 on: July 17, 2023, 02:35:07 PM »
Get something like a Levi's 541 1-2 sizes up and have a tailor take in the waist. What you're describing is the Uniqlo Wide Fit that they don't do anymore unfortunately.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2556 on: July 17, 2023, 04:09:14 PM »
You should double check that…..I think they just re-upped…..

gearcrisis

« Reply #2557 on: July 17, 2023, 04:40:58 PM »
Get something like a Levi's 541 1-2 sizes up and have a tailor take in the waist. What you're describing is the Uniqlo Wide Fit that they don't do anymore unfortunately.

damn uniqlo wide fit looks perfect… people that rock 93s do yall just deal with the crotch when u size up? feel like every time i wear my 28s they look crazy small even though they feel moderately loose. i wonder if theyll stretch out a lot

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2558 on: July 17, 2023, 05:08:25 PM »
I bought the last run and they are a relaxed/loose, I wouldn’t say baggy but to me they fit well.  You have room but not much sag.  The description is a bit different than the last run but the picture looks pretty accurate.

This is the Canadian site:

https://www.uniqlo.com/ca/en/products/E459690-000?colorCode=COL07&sizeCode=INS028

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
« Reply #2559 on: July 17, 2023, 08:49:49 PM »
been lurking here for a minute… does anyone know of a pant that fits baggier than a 93 but more tapered in the legs than big boys?

driving myself crazy here. 93s in a 28/30 fit my waist good but the rise isnt high enough to my liking and the legs arent baggy enough for my t shirts (i look popsicle legged) , so i sized up to a 30 and the fit is perfect besides the waist being a bit too big and sagging inwards creating those folds around my junk 😖

big boys are the closest i can get to a true waist + baggy fit but even in an XS theyre huge. dont really wanna go thru the hassle of tapering them myself or professionally if i dont have to, but the pants madness im experiencing sucks so i might just do that. any suggestions for denim is appreciated.

I ended up tapering them a touch myself so they don’t drag, and now they are pretty much perfect.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2560 on: July 18, 2023, 12:07:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Can't skate on shorts and is getting hot in here. Which is a good alternative for this?
I was checking those Polar surf pants but I'd like to have more options.
[close]

100% flax linen pants.
I found several ones like some Vans Range, Volcom Outed Space and some others. At the end getting new without tags Surf Pants on Vinted was the best way to go.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

gearcrisis

« Reply #2561 on: July 18, 2023, 07:46:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I ended up tapering them a touch myself so they don’t drag, and now they are pretty much perfect.

i actually did the same on my blue pair. ill post a pic later… might take em in a bit more but reducing the leg opening makes them sit way better lol

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2562 on: July 18, 2023, 08:09:55 AM »
Yah there’s a point with bagginess where you’re tripping all over your heels or you can’t wear vans because they aren’t bulky enough.  A baggier version Jean from a normie brand is the gap baggy Jean.  I got my actual waist size and IMO they are a bit too baggy maybe cause the denim is thicker, they are just kinda heavy and cumbersome for me, but I think your average skater looking for a bigger Jean would like them. 

I just don’t really trust skate brands with pants……I often buy my shit online and I think the fits are often odd and they are expensive. 

gearcrisis

« Reply #2563 on: July 18, 2023, 09:08:52 AM »
they look solid and the 9” opening seems to be perfect measurement for me. they kinda remind of phillys, but i cant do those because the rise for some reason longer than big boys, and considering im a short king i look diaper mode lol.

hope im not completely ignorant, but you think more brands would capitialize of the silvertab baggy fit , specifically the black tag grey font. loose tapered but not too crazy.

i agree , normie does it better a lot of times.  a lot of skate companies rn are digging into baggy way too hard and creating these insane caricatures of a skater wearing almost clown pants imo (vans covina denim)  lol

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2564 on: July 18, 2023, 11:16:24 AM »
Skate brands seem to be the ones that most often realize that baggy pants need to be tapered at the ankle so you don't step on them. As I start to see more non-skaters around in baggy pants, I'm noticing that they're mostly going for pretty wack boot cuts. This tracks with most of what I see when I check for loose pants from major non-skate brands.

This type of thing:

gearcrisis

« Reply #2565 on: July 18, 2023, 01:18:23 PM »
Skate brands seem to be the ones that most often realize that baggy pants need to be tapered at the ankle so you don't step on them. As I start to see more non-skaters around in baggy pants, I'm noticing that they're mostly going for pretty wack boot cuts. This tracks with most of what I see when I check for loose pants from major non-skate brands.

This type of thing:

yeah. that looks so bad. all they had to do was taper them how tf did this run

Post Alone

« Reply #2566 on: July 18, 2023, 02:00:06 PM »
Polar 92's have a real heavy taper. Not as baggy as 93s, but still quite nice

https://www.depop.com/products/drewsea-polar-skate-co-92-denim/

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1254
« Reply #2567 on: July 18, 2023, 02:03:42 PM »

TheSickness

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2568 on: July 19, 2023, 08:13:58 AM »
Anybody try those Nike Kearny Cargos?

I just ordered some in the Black colorway shorts of the KEARNY CARGOS.  Must say they're my favorite short and since I liked them so much I ordered the pants as well.   The material is ripstop but it's not shiny or polyester feeling - it feels like a cotton blend, but it feels light for summer, but durable for skating.  They feel more durable than my Polar Surf Pants for sure. in my opinion, but cooler, and lighter somehow. 
I'll update when I get my actual pants for the fit as well, but I'm hyped on the shorts version so far.

rikki

• Rep: 292
« Reply #2569 on: July 19, 2023, 08:24:36 AM »
Opinions on Dickies Thomasville jeans? The fit's pretty loose, it seems.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #2570 on: July 19, 2023, 09:57:26 AM »
Expand Quote

This type of thing:

yeah. that looks so bad. all they had to do was taper them how tf did this run
[close]

LOL, those are Vans jeans and the photo came from their website. I've never tried them on personally, but most of their loose pants look shoe-swallowingly large in their photos.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2571 on: July 19, 2023, 09:59:13 AM »
I actually think there is a solid demographic of skaters who like this……

gearcrisis

« Reply #2572 on: July 19, 2023, 01:11:44 PM »
this is the mistake that all those old heads were trying to keep us from making when the baggy pants trend came back, and for some reason every street leaguer seems to be wearing them

al_cvbrera

« Reply #2573 on: July 19, 2023, 01:35:28 PM »
My friend gave me some random ass black loose fit jeans and i like skating in them better than my black polar 93’s. lol.

guys, just go to a thrift shop or garage sale. although i don’t regret my purchase of the polars (i still really like them), you don’t need so cough up 100 plus beans for some skate pants lol

gearcrisis

« Reply #2574 on: July 19, 2023, 01:58:54 PM »
My friend gave me some random ass black loose fit jeans and i like skating in them better than my black polar 93’s. lol.

guys, just go to a thrift shop or garage sale. although i don’t regret my purchase of the polars (i still really like them), you don’t need so cough up 100 plus beans for some skate pants lol

did you get the size you usually get in other pants? usually get a 30 but i tried a 28 cuz the chart and they fit kinda small on me, im afraid 30s are gonna be too big and ill waist my money. the sizing is so weird.

al_cvbrera

« Reply #2575 on: July 19, 2023, 02:35:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

did you get the size you usually get in other pants? usually get a 30 but i tried a 28 cuz the chart and they fit kinda small on me, im afraid 30s are gonna be too big and ill waist my money. the sizing is so weird.
the pants my homie gave me were a tad bit tight around the waist and seat. i just stretched them and pulled on them and they fit so good and are so comfy now.

if you’re asking about polar’s, be aware of the difference in fit/feel/and behavior of the fabric depending on the color you get.

my black polar pants of course stretched, but reasonably so. they were also a bit rougher feeling (but by all means still very soft and comfortable)

for blue polar pants, they stretched out and “bag out” alot more. my blue polar 93’s look much wider and looser now compared to when i first got them.
my black polar pants fit pretty much the same as when i got them. keep in mind that i skate them alot!

my black polar pants definitely get alot more wear due to these reasons. they fit and look a whole lot better than the blue ones over time, in my opinion.

i think the term for why the difference in color in the same pair of pants is sanforized. i’m not positive about this, but i think the black denim is sanforized (pre shrunk), while the blue denim is not.

key points: if you go with black polars, go TTS. the fit will stay the same. if you go with blue polars, you can go TTS in the waist but just know that they will stretch out (not so much in the waist, but ALOT in the seat and thigh)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 02:46:31 PM by al_cvbrera »

gearcrisis

« Reply #2576 on: July 19, 2023, 05:35:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
the pants my homie gave me were a tad bit tight around the waist and seat. i just stretched them and pulled on them and they fit so good and are so comfy now.

if you’re asking about polar’s, be aware of the difference in fit/feel/and behavior of the fabric depending on the color you get.

my black polar pants of course stretched, but reasonably so. they were also a bit rougher feeling (but by all means still very soft and comfortable)

for blue polar pants, they stretched out and “bag out” alot more. my blue polar 93’s look much wider and looser now compared to when i first got them.
my black polar pants fit pretty much the same as when i got them. keep in mind that i skate them alot!

my black polar pants definitely get alot more wear due to these reasons. they fit and look a whole lot better than the blue ones over time, in my opinion.

i think the term for why the difference in color in the same pair of pants is sanforized. i’m not positive about this, but i think the black denim is sanforized (pre shrunk), while the blue denim is not.

key points: if you go with black polars, go TTS. the fit will stay the same. if you go with blue polars, you can go TTS in the waist but just know that they will stretch out (not so much in the waist, but ALOT in the seat and thigh)

hmm… yeah i totally agree. the black denim deff fits smaller. my blue 28s fit like regular jeans at first and stretched a bit but i probably just need to size up. if all else fails, the vans covina denim will save me, shit lookin like a dubble boot cut killa   :-* :-*

rikki

• Rep: 292
« Reply #2577 on: July 20, 2023, 12:26:00 AM »

Polar jeans are like €125 where I live. Fuck that. No jeans are worth a three-digit sum.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 43
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2578 on: July 20, 2023, 03:36:34 AM »

Nothing like Levi's 569
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2579 on: July 20, 2023, 05:06:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Nothing like Levi's 569
Hahahahahahaha 69. That's a sex number. Haha.