Author Topic: Loose Fit Pants  (Read 236063 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Loose Fit Pants
« Reply #2610 on: August 13, 2023, 02:25:31 AM »
Real question: how baggy is too baggy?
The answer is TJ Rogers.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
« Reply #2611 on: August 13, 2023, 07:02:59 AM »
Has anybody here with sewing skills ever put in a crotch gusset to make a pant looser?

If so, how did it go?
Any tips?

Update.
It was my first venture into customizing pants beyond patching and hemming.
Watched some YouTube vids, thought about the sizing, and went for it.

It actually turned out well for s as first try. Made them a little overly baggy, but I’ll know for next time. They are still usable and nice and loose for summer.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

gearcrisis

« Reply #2612 on: August 13, 2023, 09:50:02 AM »
so ive been really liking how silvertab baggys fit, specifically this label they did

and im wondering if anyone can plug me a modern clone thats being made rn because it would be nice to not have to scour ebay for a pair thats not entirely worn out. ive seen the huf cromers, but the pleats tickle my OCD nerve.

what i like about these tabs is that fit true in the waist but have a normal rise and are still loose AF.

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2613 on: August 13, 2023, 11:06:32 AM »
so ive been really liking how silvertab baggys fit, specifically this label they did

and im wondering if anyone can plug me a modern clone thats being made rn because it would be nice to not have to scour ebay for a pair thats not entirely worn out. ive seen the huf cromers, but the pleats tickle my OCD nerve.

what i like about these tabs is that fit true in the waist but have a normal rise and are still loose AF.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the polar 93 jeans were supposed to be the same thing or similar in cut

gearcrisis

« Reply #2614 on: August 13, 2023, 12:02:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the polar 93 jeans were supposed to be the same thing or similar in cut

damn. should i just get 30s then if i wear 30 in these? i had 28s and they were small but i thought they fit a 30 waist from size chart

thehogsniper

• Rep: 49
« Reply #2615 on: August 13, 2023, 01:54:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

damn. should i just get 30s then if i wear 30 in these? i had 28s and they were small but i thought they fit a 30 waist from size chart
It's wacky because polar jeans can differ based on where they're made. I would try going a size up

gearcrisis

« Reply #2616 on: August 13, 2023, 02:21:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
It's wacky because polar jeans can differ based on where they're made. I would try going a size up

i hit up a bunch of people on depop selling 30s and they all said TTS. best bet is goin a size up like u said. thanks doggy.

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #2617 on: August 13, 2023, 02:52:24 PM »

Memba me tell ya dem Huf Brad Cromer pant dem be ah mimicry ah dem Silvertabs. An I nah me fi loud up dem ting.
I an I haff nah white god

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #2618 on: August 16, 2023, 09:20:41 PM »
comparison between theories plaza and big boys in terms of fit?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #2619 on: August 16, 2023, 11:56:55 PM »
Ive got some Polar 92s I quite like, which are wearing out and there are some 93s on sale nearby.  Are the 93s much baggier?  I dont wanna TJ myself.  92s are a pretty good fit.

gearcrisis

« Reply #2620 on: August 17, 2023, 03:53:17 AM »

theories arent even close to big boy. id say they fit more like 93s but taper more. they also run true so a 28 93 fits like 30 theories and so on.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #2621 on: August 17, 2023, 01:39:35 PM »
I feel like the closest thing to a Silvertab baggy fit out there is the Magenta's OG denim.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #2622 on: August 17, 2023, 03:09:41 PM »
im lookin to get some 93's, but dont wanna scroll this thread, can someone let me know if i should size up or down from my true waist size?
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

gearcrisis

« Reply #2623 on: August 17, 2023, 05:18:16 PM »
im lookin to get some 93's, but dont wanna scroll this thread, can someone let me know if i should size up or down from my true waist size?

depends on what size you wear. END clothing has a measurement chart you should look into.

DERBY

« Reply #2624 on: August 18, 2023, 08:48:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

theories arent even close to big boy. id say they fit more like 93s but taper more. they also run true so a 28 93 fits like 30 theories and so on.

thanks for the looks

gearcrisis

« Reply #2625 on: August 18, 2023, 10:07:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

thanks for the looks

no doubt. im experiencing pants madness. can relate

DERBY

« Reply #2626 on: August 18, 2023, 12:19:57 PM »
anyone got any reference pics on how the plaza’s fit in 32?

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 30
  • we are the music makers
« Reply #2627 on: August 19, 2023, 09:42:21 AM »
Never had a pair of 550 or 560 but my favorite relaxed tapered Levi's to skate are the 541's Athletic Fit, two sizes up

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #2628 on: August 26, 2023, 08:01:42 AM »
anyone got a review/reference pics for the Quasi Elliott cords?
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2629 on: August 26, 2023, 04:10:07 PM »
Never had a pair of 550 or 560 but my favorite relaxed tapered Levi's to skate are the 541's Athletic Fit, two sizes up

What is the leg opening measurement on those?

Vintagebody

• Rep: 84
« Reply #2630 on: August 27, 2023, 02:51:01 AM »
Levi's 541 is like... 19-20cm leg opening, so its perfect taper, imo. Its not fabric flying all over your shoes, looks good if they are slight short in length, and also when cuffed. 550s is pretty consistently 20-22cm.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2631 on: August 27, 2023, 11:30:43 AM »
Got it. I've got some 550, which I have thought about getting tapered but it's pricier than I expected.

heinzketchup

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2632 on: August 27, 2023, 12:19:41 PM »

Im wearing a size 32/30, the waist size is probably a little bigger than an average 32. Its really comfy though and i like the slittly baggier feel. If you want something more proper fitting i would recommend sizing down

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #2633 on: August 28, 2023, 09:48:03 AM »
just got two pairs of cromer jeans, one was on a heavy sale and i got it for 30€

anyway they are the light wash blue jeans ones and this sage colored ones.

wore the jeans/ light wash for a while now and they were quite large and hella long since i sized up. couple washes in i think they might shrink to fit a good bit. laying them over the sage colored newer ones there seems to be more than an inch difference in lenght, anybody experienced something similar with these?

Sangriawaterfall

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2634 on: August 30, 2023, 08:56:48 PM »
The waist size on polar 93 is definitely larger than they say, and/or they just don’t really shrink. If you size up, you will be cranking your belt. The polar 92 is far more tapered than the 93 and resembles a silvertab more than the 93. Levi’s 550 and 560 vary in the taper department depending on where they were made, ones with a more generous taper will note it on the pants somewhere, whether it’s the back tab or size tag inside. Go on Depop, skip the silvertab, look for some 560’s loose fit tapered a size up. Lots made in the USA on there at a reasonable price

Frank Sobotka

• Rep: 91
  • We used to make shit in this country, build shit
« Reply #2635 on: September 02, 2023, 05:24:30 AM »
I have some 93's in 36", even though I'm more if a 34" nowadays. They're massive. I love 'em though, any baggier and they'd be too baggy. I'm 92 curious as I want to start wearing relaxed/loose fitting pants instead of super baggy.

I really like a pair of Carhartt dungaree fit carpenter jeans that I picked up from a vintage shop. Best fitting jeans I own.

Magenta OG denim I've had a couple of years now, they're nicely tapered but a bit too wide in the thigh for me now, but it could be because they're a size too big.

Yardsale Phantasy jeans are sick.

MetalAnkleMan

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2636 on: September 02, 2023, 08:01:39 PM »
What do you guys do about getting skate wax all over your jeans? I dont wanna put my jeans in the dryer cause im afraid they will shrink too much (thinking the heat will melt the wax off) ive tried scraping off the wax but notice sometimes that makes the jeans look even worse

Grant Patronik

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #2637 on: September 02, 2023, 08:31:54 PM »
I have tons of 93s (jeans, pants, cords) all in my true size of a 32. Best pant.

linty

• Rep: 37
« Reply #2638 on: September 09, 2023, 11:51:15 PM »
The amount of taper on Huf Cromers is silly.

Sangriawaterfall

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2639 on: September 10, 2023, 12:08:22 AM »
The amount of taper on Huf Cromers is silly.
The waist size is misleading too. The 32’’ waist is comparable to size 38 shrunk Levi’s