Author Topic: Mental Health Issues  (Read 39756 times)

Sila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • Jamu Gost
Re: Mental Health Issues
« Reply #510 on: November 08, 2020, 08:32:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
After years on meds for my anxiety & depression, I finally felt in a decent enough place to start coming off them.  Then the government announces another month long lockdown... fuck.  I’m gonna try and do it though. Only a month, should be fine right?  :-\
[close]

It could be good for a break, just for perspective, but maybe you should consult your doctor before you do, because transitioning on/off certain medications can be kind of tumultuous and it might not be the best idea to hop on/off in that amount of time.

In any case, I hope you're doing well and looking after yourself. Check-in daily and see how you feel.

[close]

Thanks mate. Haven’t had the dreaded comedown from it yet, it’s been about a week so I’m hoping I’ve avoided it
[close]
You got this homie.
[close]

Thanks mate   :)

Withdrawals can creep up on you. I did a slow taper over 2-3 months and am going through withdrawals now. My last dose was taken maybe three weeks ago. I thought maybe I had avoided it too but the past week has been rough. I'm doing this with next to support. Hope you have some irl people than can help see you through it.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #511 on: January 20, 2021, 04:04:55 PM »
Maybe it's kinda odd to bump this thread, but how are you all doing lately?

burtreynolds.jpeg

« Reply #512 on: January 20, 2021, 04:58:52 PM »
Not weird.

Hanging in there. Definitely not doing great mentally.

Lost a loved one recently. Been dealing with health issues. Trying to get moved out of my apartment in the next couple of weeks but still looking for a place.

Shit's hectic out there but it could always be worse.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #513 on: January 20, 2021, 08:59:29 PM »
This is a place I can get away from everything else that is going on in the world, so it is nice to live the quiet life at the moment.

Not too bad really.

I guess I am going to have to return to reality at some point, but until that time comes, all is well.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #514 on: January 21, 2021, 04:21:26 AM »
A lot better than when I last checked in. Mainly due to my wrist healing and gyms being open here again. But as life goes, when problems sort themselves out, there's always something else lurking. The future scares me, my parents and pets are older and I need to do a lot of growing up in order to deal with their inevitable deaths. But for now i'm healthy and appreciating what i've got. Big love.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #515 on: January 21, 2021, 04:48:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
After years on meds for my anxiety & depression, I finally felt in a decent enough place to start coming off them.  Then the government announces another month long lockdown... fuck.  I’m gonna try and do it though. Only a month, should be fine right?  :-\
[close]

It could be good for a break, just for perspective, but maybe you should consult your doctor before you do, because transitioning on/off certain medications can be kind of tumultuous and it might not be the best idea to hop on/off in that amount of time.

In any case, I hope you're doing well and looking after yourself. Check-in daily and see how you feel.

[close]

Thanks mate. Haven’t had the dreaded comedown from it yet, it’s been about a week so I’m hoping I’ve avoided it
[close]
You got this homie.
[close]

[close]

Withdrawals can creep up on you. I did a slow taper over 2-3 months and am going through withdrawals now. My last dose was taken maybe three weeks ago. I thought maybe I had avoided it too but the past week has been rough. I'm doing this with next to support. Hope you have some irl people than can help see you through it.

Is it like random electric shocks all over your body?
I cold turkey’d antidepressants maybe a decade ago and I remember going back to my therapist telling him and I remember the smug prick said yeah, you’ll be on them for the rest of your life
I never went back and copped maybe 18 months of the electric shocks but it went away eventually
Fuck him
But if I ever had to do it again I’d probably taper of
It kinda sucked at the time
listen to cosmic psychos

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #516 on: January 21, 2021, 05:04:28 AM »
There’s a direct correlation between my finances and mental health, and after the past couple months, I’m just hanging on in both regards.  Also, my weed/booze intake is very minimal, but I’ve used both daily for as long as I can remember, and I’m now 4 days without either.  Which on one hand feels great, but removing the numbness it provides isn’t without its challenges.  Just trying to remind myself how lucky I am to have what I have, and that sooner or later, I’ll have another really good day where I think “this was worth the wait”.

To everyone else in this thread going through it, you’re all tough as shit and better days are ahead for all of you too.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #517 on: January 21, 2021, 05:07:41 AM »
I think that’s like that for everyone bro, being broke is fucked, those cunts that say shit like I don’t need money to be happy are not only broke they are delusional

I mean the money itself doesn’t make you happy but the freedom it brings sure as shit does
listen to cosmic psychos

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #518 on: January 21, 2021, 05:35:45 AM »
Pretty fucking far from ok.
I quit weed a while ago which is good. Quit my job too as I was unable to cope.
Spoke to my doctor and she doubled up the meds lol.
I think I will be on them for life, which is kinda ok to accept but still sad.
Still unsure about everything in my life and this virus situation is not helping at all.

Stay strong everyone.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #519 on: January 21, 2021, 09:53:05 AM »
I think that’s like that for everyone bro, being broke is fucked, those cunts that say shit like I don’t need money to be happy are not only broke they are delusional

I mean the money itself doesn’t make you happy but the freedom it brings sure as shit does

Like Kanye said, having money isn't everything, not having it is.

I'm doin aight. Moved to a new place. Had a job interview today that went pretty well. If I got it, it'd be such a huge relief. If I don't get it, it'll be a pretty big emotional blow.

I'm still trying to be grateful for what I have. Yesterday I got out of work and it was still a little bit bright outside, so within a couple of weeks the sunlight will start to last a bit longer and the weather might start to improve some. Stuff like that gives me a bit of hope.

Shit's hard right now. I hope you guys are able to find ways to manage stress, to make time for yourselves, to find small things to look forward to. We'll get there. <3

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #520 on: January 21, 2021, 12:25:02 PM »
Fucken oath we will. It’s been a pretty damn ordinary  year for me, too

I was talking to my mum yesterday just about all sorts of stuff but you just reminded me of something she said and everyone knows this but not enough people do it, I certainly don’t

You absolutely must look at the positives in life because nothings ever perfect and if one latches on to the bad stuff it’s just like a big loop and that’s all one will ever see. I get angry a lot and I dwell on shit. I always say and my mates do too, deep down inside I’m a small, petty man
I’d like to try change that fuck knows I’d probably be happier more often. I let a lot of shit get to me

It’s fucked to react to shit and be all like yeah cunt that’ll fix you cause it ends up fixing me, too
listen to cosmic psychos

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1412
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #521 on: January 21, 2021, 01:10:25 PM »
Man, this time last year was rough. I was switching from living totally in the woods and doing whatever I wanted for 5 years to going to graduate school for social work full time in a really intense program while also doing some really wild psychotherapy. From November to end of January, 2 more old homies od'd and died, little cousin OD 2x, 3 old friends tried to commit suicide and I was the person they told including one I had to go bust his door down, gramps died, I rescued my best/longest homie after he got robbed by Gs with ARs and left tied up in the woods and then he told me to fuck off because I was a shitty friend, was sick for 3 months with what I thought was pneumonia (which I think was Covid due to the symptoms and having flown in international airports at the early period), got an ear infection that ruined my ears with tinnitus, all while trying to be a therapist and go to school full time. Oh ya, the pandemic started and fires came within an hour of our house 3x. Shit got real, I started taking benzos to cope for a couple months, and totally lost it. I tried coming off cold turkey and ended up in full on psychosis, replete with auditory/visual hallucinations for a few days. I'm blessed to have people who love me and were able to help me stay above ground.

I've taken the past 9 months to level up and ground. Aside from a few trips and some ganja, this is the longest period of sobriety I've had (it's been years with no booze) over the past 17 years. I've gotten my head together, my heart together, and addressed all the grief and shame that came from all my dead and sick homies while I'm thriving on my own terms. I'm skating again, running, walking, and really just leveled out and up. Today I join a new cohort in school and start retaking the class I had to drop in the midst of losing my shit. It's going to be alright.

Stay safe, homies. <3
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 42
« Reply #522 on: January 21, 2021, 01:34:18 PM »
Horrible panic attacks. Nothing like feeling like you’re gonna die or pass out mid trick
I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it

Grind King Rims

« Reply #523 on: January 21, 2021, 02:16:48 PM »
Man, this time last year was rough. I was switching from living totally in the woods and doing whatever I wanted for 5 years to going to graduate school for social work full time in a really intense program while also doing some really wild psychotherapy. From November to end of January, 2 more old homies od'd and died, little cousin OD 2x, 3 old friends tried to commit suicide and I was the person they told including one I had to go bust his door down, gramps died, I rescued my best/longest homie after he got robbed by Gs with ARs and left tied up in the woods and then he told me to fuck off because I was a shitty friend, was sick for 3 months with what I thought was pneumonia (which I think was Covid due to the symptoms and having flown in international airports at the early period), got an ear infection that ruined my ears with tinnitus, all while trying to be a therapist and go to school full time. Oh ya, the pandemic started and fires came within an hour of our house 3x. Shit got real, I started taking benzos to cope for a couple months, and totally lost it. I tried coming off cold turkey and ended up in full on psychosis, replete with auditory/visual hallucinations for a few days. I'm blessed to have people who love me and were able to help me stay above ground.

I've taken the past 9 months to level up and ground. Aside from a few trips and some ganja, this is the longest period of sobriety I've had (it's been years with no booze) over the past 17 years. I've gotten my head together, my heart together, and addressed all the grief and shame that came from all my dead and sick homies while I'm thriving on my own terms. I'm skating again, running, walking, and really just leveled out and up. Today I join a new cohort in school and start retaking the class I had to drop in the midst of losing my shit. It's going to be alright.

Stay safe, homies. <3

Really stoked to hear it man, I remember you telling us about some of your hard times as they were happening. Keep the head above water and keep doing well for yourself.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #524 on: January 21, 2021, 02:20:10 PM »
Horrible panic attacks. Nothing like feeling like you’re gonna die or pass out mid trick
I'm sorry to hear that man, I sometimes struggle with panic attacks and they suck. I really recommend looking up some stuff like breathing exercises or other tricks to help you feel grounded. If nothing else, they give you something to focus on and you can start to feel more control. Try them throughout the day when you're not stressed or panicked so that you'll know what to do instinctively when panic starts. <3

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #525 on: January 21, 2021, 07:26:24 PM »
I've spoken on here a ton about mental health care and services because it's been so helpful in my life. I'm on a cocktail of medication that I don't usually tell people in real life that aren't very close because I know what they will think, and in a way I understand, but most will roll their eyes because its like the typical trifecta that comes to mind when people think of the typical medicated person taking a bunch of shit they don't need.

ADD, Anxiety, and Depression. I have dealt with those 3 for about 20 years and started trying to dial in medication about 8 years ago, and didn't hit the right combo until a year ago. I don't know what it's called but I have this mental thing where whenever I'm not ok, I never know how bad I am, I always think it could be worse and ignore the problem. A year ago I stopped doing that, I decided to just tell my dr I wanted to treat all three and didn't hesitate to tell him when I wanted to try another medication or add one.

The depression and anxiety are not even a question for me, that's something anyone who knows me wouldn't doubt, but I was afraid to talk about ADD. We all know adderall can make you a crazy focused worker even if you don't need it so I hated thinking of asking about it again and looking like a drug seeker. The truth is, when I got on it for a bit a long time ago it got me out of partying and into learning and valuing education. But I got off it after my dad made me feel like a druggie even though it was his projecting his own drug problems.

I take mirtazapine for my depression, got on it after a bad breakup when I was being stalked and not only did it help me cope but it was the first antidepressant out of many, that I had tried that clearly and convincingly worked. I like it because it has less side effects, helps me sleep and helps me eat. Getting off it can be difficult, but I know from prior experience how to get off it when I decide the time is right. It's actually an older antidepressant that is much different than most modern ones, and it just happened to be the first one that I responded to, also no shitty sexual side effects.

For anxiety I'm on klonopin. I guess some people consider it strong but it actually isnt. I take .5mg daily. It lasts longer than an ativan or a xanax, but I also don't feel like I've taken a drug. I just feel normal. Ativan and xanax make me feel drunk and are more for quick action against a panic attack.

I used to take the immediate release blue adderall, but that shit is too harsh. You come up instant and crash pretty hard, and you get used to it fast. So I asked about extended release. Like the klonopin, I always thought that it was a stronger version so I didn't ask about it before, I didn't realize that it lasting much longer meant that the come up and come down were much mellower, and that the same amount being spread throughout the day would be much more tolerable.

I got on that combo a year ago this week, and although 2020 was one of the worst years ever AND the most stressful, I somehow managed to have one of the best years of my life in terms of taking care of myself and making significant changes to my life. I got the motivation to look for a new job and found one that I truly look forward to every single day. Haven't called out sick once and in the last 15 years I've always called in sick within the first month. I started eating better, I started getting serious about being active, I got into new hobbies and just did well.

This year was still really scary. My sister had a kid, a bunch of my extended family got sick and one person died, the news scared the shit out of me, but I kept it together and somehow managed to thrive in a time like this. That's why I love to talk about mental health with anyone and everyone. It shouldn't be taboo. I can't believe how long I stayed in a job that literally made it hard for me to see anything good in life. It was so scary to make the change, I was really happy when I did, but I was also bummed that I didn't know how easy it actually is to do, and it made me wonder how much further I could be if I changed jobs earlier. But who the hell knows, I could have gotten my dream job 10 years ago and a bunch of bad shit could have happened.

Also guys, everyone says it, but exercise, get out as much as possible. I LOVE computers. I love to play games, build them, mess with software and stuff, my girlfriend and I play every night. But my new job forcing me to be out really slapped me in the face with the truth about being active. It's another one of those things I wrote off as just some bullshit that people say who don't actually have stress in their life but its not a lie that it's a first line treatment for depression.

Hang in there boys, find the beauty in everything, and give yourself credit for even the smallest things.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 271
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #526 on: January 21, 2021, 07:32:58 PM »
I've spoken on here a ton about mental health care and services because it's been so helpful in my life. I'm on a cocktail of medication that I don't usually tell people in real life that aren't very close because I know what they will think, and in a way I understand, but most will roll their eyes because its like the typical trifecta that comes to mind when people think of the typical medicated person taking a bunch of shit they don't need.

ADD, Anxiety, and Depression. I have dealt with those 3 for about 20 years and started trying to dial in medication about 8 years ago, and didn't hit the right combo until a year ago. I don't know what it's called but I have this mental thing where whenever I'm not ok, I never know how bad I am, I always think it could be worse and ignore the problem. A year ago I stopped doing that, I decided to just tell my dr I wanted to treat all three and didn't hesitate to tell him when I wanted to try another medication or add one.

The depression and anxiety are not even a question for me, that's something anyone who knows me wouldn't doubt, but I was afraid to talk about ADD. We all know adderall can make you a crazy focused worker even if you don't need it so I hated thinking of asking about it again and looking like a drug seeker. The truth is, when I got on it for a bit a long time ago it got me out of partying and into learning and valuing education. But I got off it after my dad made me feel like a druggie even though it was his projecting his own drug problems.

I take mirtazapine for my depression, got on it after a bad breakup when I was being stalked and not only did it help me cope but it was the first antidepressant out of many, that I had tried that clearly and convincingly worked. I like it because it has less side effects, helps me sleep and helps me eat. Getting off it can be difficult, but I know from prior experience how to get off it when I decide the time is right. It's actually an older antidepressant that is much different than most modern ones, and it just happened to be the first one that I responded to, also no shitty sexual side effects.

For anxiety I'm on klonopin. I guess some people consider it strong but it actually isnt. I take .5mg daily. It lasts longer than an ativan or a xanax, but I also don't feel like I've taken a drug. I just feel normal. Ativan and xanax make me feel drunk and are more for quick action against a panic attack.

I used to take the immediate release blue adderall, but that shit is too harsh. You come up instant and crash pretty hard, and you get used to it fast. So I asked about extended release. Like the klonopin, I always thought that it was a stronger version so I didn't ask about it before, I didn't realize that it lasting much longer meant that the come up and come down were much mellower, and that the same amount being spread throughout the day would be much more tolerable. My older sister has hardcore adhd/add probably from parental drug use with her step father and my mother. I started developing add at the end of elementary school. I cant even explain how hard the simplest things feel to accomplish for me unless I'm 100% interested, but even those will quickly get thrown to the side.

I got on that combo a year ago this week, and although 2020 was one of the worst years ever AND the most stressful, I somehow managed to have one of the best years of my life in terms of taking care of myself and making significant changes to my life. I got the motivation to look for a new job and found one that I truly look forward to every single day. Haven't called out sick once and in the last 15 years I've always called in sick within the first month. I started eating better, I started getting serious about being active, I got into new hobbies and just did well.

This year was still really scary. My sister had a kid, a bunch of my extended family got sick and one person died, the news scared the shit out of me, but I kept it together and somehow managed to thrive in a time like this. That's why I love to talk about mental health with anyone and everyone. It shouldn't be taboo. I can't believe how long I stayed in a job that literally made it hard for me to see anything good in life. It was so scary to make the change, I was really happy when I did, but I was also bummed that I didn't know how easy it actually is to do, and it made me wonder how much further I could be if I changed jobs earlier. But who the hell knows, I could have gotten my dream job 10 years ago and a bunch of bad shit could have happened.

Also guys, everyone says it, but exercise, get out as much as possible. I LOVE computers. I love to play games, build them, mess with software and stuff, my girlfriend and I play every night. But my new job forcing me to be out really slapped me in the face with the truth about being active. It's another one of those things I wrote off as just some bullshit that people say who don't actually have stress in their life but its not a lie that it's a first line treatment for depression.

Hang in there boys, find the beauty in everything, and give yourself credit for even the smallest things.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #527 on: January 22, 2021, 04:06:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
You got this homie.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Is it like random electric shocks all over your body?
I cold turkey’d antidepressants maybe a decade ago and I remember going back to my therapist telling him and I remember the smug prick said yeah, you’ll be on them for the rest of your life
I never went back and copped maybe 18 months of the electric shocks but it went away eventually
Fuck him
But if I ever had to do it again I’d probably taper of
It kinda sucked at the time

Most people get what are described as 'brain zaps' which I fortunately didn't have to deal with. I would experience strange rushes of electricity if I ever missed a dose but the feeling would mostly be concentrated in my hands and forearms. Fuck that, glad I decided to get it out of my system.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #528 on: January 22, 2021, 05:16:49 AM »
Haha yeah that was the point where I realised rec drugs done, ahem, whenever I deem necessary are kinda, ahem, better than the shit they cook up in legal labs and some cunt with a degree and a fucking phyzer pen wants to sell me

Pricks
listen to cosmic psychos

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #529 on: January 22, 2021, 11:44:12 AM »
I think about violence a ton.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

MotoPancakes

• Rep: 7
« Reply #530 on: April 13, 2021, 10:15:54 PM »
Will always bump this thread.

Also have a question for Prozac users, what do you do so it doesn't knock you out. It has been reaping absolute havoc on my sleep schedule. I've tried taking it before bed with limited success. Really wanna get some help on this cause this is the one anti depressant in a long long time that has actually been working for me. Luv yall

ballintoohard

« Reply #531 on: April 16, 2021, 07:40:24 AM »
Neurotypical autistic/aspergers with anxiety related to death. On antidepressants, which I’m not convinced is doing much for issues related to self image, which stem from essentially “having so much potential” in many areas of life and not doing much with it often due to things outside my control. I basically always end up thinking that I could have actually controlled things better.

As for the anxiety I have developed and intense fear of flying after quite a few bad flights in a row. I used to love traveling now I kinda hate it. Xanax doesn’t seem to help. I just had a kid 9 weeks ago and barely sleep mostly because I obsess over SIDS, or get emotional thinking about all the bad things that can happen when he gets older.

I used to balance and manage this through outdoor activities like skating and my other hobbies, but sprained my ankle super bad so who knows when I’ll get to do those again. Waiting to start a new job that I’m already telling myself will suck.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #532 on: May 13, 2021, 12:42:03 AM »
Anyone on here got prescribed Fluvoxamine?
Doctor said 300mg.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #533 on: May 13, 2021, 05:38:14 PM »
with anxiety related to death.

I just had a kid 9 weeks ago and barely sleep

@ballintoohard

This really resonates. I had a crippling fear of death in my childhood. I tried exploring it with my parents a few time as a child and they just brushed me off saying, "Don't worry it won't happen for a very long time." I used stay up at night just paralyzed by what 'infinity' and 'eternity' mean and what about when there is no "me." By the time I hit puberty that angst just became destructive behavior and an anti-social attitude but at night I wracked my brain hoping that one day I might reconcile the fact that I will die and so will everyone I know. Ultimately, I just supressed it well into adulthood. in the culture I grew up in that is what you did back then. I knew nothing of Anxiety or Depression as conditions.

As an adult my occupation led me to a lot of death. I work with homeless young people. I have lost dozens to suicide, overdoses, murder and other premature deaths. I didn't deal with it properly at all. I just compartmentalized each death and carried on.

Then I became a dad at age 30 and similar thoughts about why does this little kid have to go through this same bullshit journey? When my daughter was two, a kid at work died of a heroin OD. I didn't know him that well but he was the one that finally opened the floodgates. His death hit me like a tonne of bricks. It was almost physical. Like there is no way I can handle any more unless I start to confront this shit now.

I was finally forced to confront mortality as I was now paralyzed by the big cosmic joke that we are all temporary. It is the heaviest shit I have been through. I'm sure I would have been placed on medication if I went to therapist or psychiatrist but I had this amazing acupuncturist at the time who coached me through it.

one day, she said to me, "you are now ready to walk through the gates of hell." She said, "the next week will be incredibly tough. call me if it gets too much." I shrugged it off but holy shit she was right. I suddenly had to face death and my demons head on. It amounted to about a one year journey that slowly got better and better but it was all-encompasing to say the least. i am surprised my wife stood by me. no friends, very little skateboarding. i read a lot of spiritual texts from all kinds of faiths, i meditated... and learned about my mind. I read a book ("The End of Fear: A Spiritual Path for Realists" by a couple of psychiatrists who supported terminally ill AIDs patient.  they have this exercise where you walk around a crowded area and every person you came across you say to yourself, 'they will also die.' maybe they will live to 90, or get a horrible disease at 50 or get hit by a car this afternoon but they, like me, will die. this sounds incredibly depressing but after some time it becomes profoundly liberating. death contemplation is a  hell of journey but you don't have to walk through "the gates of hell twice." its not my place to judge others, but I think medication would have delayed or even prevented this necessary journey for me.

of course I still get anxious and depressed but its way more under control and fleeting and dare I say a useful part of a balanced human experience.

there is a lot more to this and i put out a zine documenting the full saga but i'll end it right here by saying, I get where you are at with that concern.

loftie.1

• Rep: 3
« Reply #534 on: May 13, 2021, 07:51:14 PM »
I started skating again to cure myself from anxiety. Deleted social media accounts, ditched my smart phone, started going down to my local diy park because I live in a shit hole and started eating basically a vegetarian diet.

I still struggle with getting out some days, I get so locked into what other people are thinking and I figured out why this happens. It's lack of sleep, drinking alcohol and shit diet.  Biggest one is sleep though. Depriving yourself of rest can fuck you up, puts a lot of stress on your mind and soul.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #535 on: May 14, 2021, 02:58:09 PM »
Tried a session with a new counselor earlier and had to bail before the end. God damn, therapy suuuuuuuuucks. Super agitated, every time, throughout the entire thing. I fucking hate it.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #536 on: May 14, 2021, 07:04:12 PM »
Anyone on here got prescribed Fluvoxamine?
Doctor said 300mg.

I don’t know if it’s the same as fluoxetine but I think very similar anyway I was on that one for a couple years maybe ten fifteen years ago and I didn’t rate it at all, took ages to go when having sex, like long enough to be a pain in the arse for both of us and when I stopped taking it I had maybe 18 months to two years of these random electric shocks all over my body I mean could still work and stuff but it used to drive me crazy

Everybody is different and different things work for different people for sure and I am not in the medical industry or anything but yeah that was my experience

Another thing that is just like my opinion but I reckon those sort of drugs are like Panadol in the sense that if you had stepped on glass or something and you took a Panadol it might stop hurting but unless you take the glass out it won’t get better sort of thing

Just my two cents I am certain that many people would have had positive experiences with antidepressants
listen to cosmic psychos

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #537 on: May 14, 2021, 07:19:41 PM »
Been down bad lately, bills piling up, hours cut at work, 0 interest in skating, my daily driver truck has been out on the fritz and forcing me to take my wife’s van, feeling like a massive burden and embarrassment. My meds are not working, and I keep having those chirping thoughts in the back of my mind that tell me to drive my truck into a wall, but they’re becoming more frequent. These last few weeks have been brutal.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #538 on: May 14, 2021, 08:17:29 PM »
@Freelancevagrant sometimes when I take mad hits in a row I try to think about it like is that all you got world and I try to psyche myself up like cmon you motherfucker sometimes I’ll listen to music or shit that psyches me up kind of like trying to have a positive mindset

I don’t know what it is or anything but I know about it I seen it and if you focus into a wall it wins, fuck that thing
listen to cosmic psychos

Yoshi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #539 on: May 15, 2021, 12:44:14 PM »
Hope you guys are all good.

Things are totally up and down at the moment, deffo feel like I’m living on a day to day with this right now. Light at the end of the tunnel