Author Topic: pros/ams that are dicks  (Read 64426 times)

obeygiant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: pros/ams that are dicks
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2006, 11:17:25 PM »
rodney mullen doesnt stop smiling .. very nice guy

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #151 on: August 26, 2006, 01:06:30 AM »
i used to skate at the little venice circle park for like three years straight. it's pretty shitty but a cool place to meet up with your friends, figure out what you are going to do that day, scan for hot girls etc. basic warm up/ end of the day spot.

aaron snyder rolls up with his filmer and they both start acting like fags. after cutting off some local, aaron gets pissed and makes the unfortunate mistake of saying "all people who chill at venice are fags". certain people didn't like that. i never saw him at the spot again.

that was a couple years ago, i dont know what his status is now but i'm pretty sure him and his faggot filmer were banned for the time being.

on the other side of the spectrum, brian wenning came out to LA with a habitat am (steve durante?)  for a week and stayed with a mutual friend who lived close. he skated at venice, courthouse, sand gaps and john adams the whole time with us and was cool as hell. one of the nicest, most down to earth people i've ever met.

it's funny how someone like brian wenning, a living legend, can be nice as hell while some second rate dude like snyder can act like a hard ass primadonna bitch.

(also chris roberts and brezinski are super cool, regular ass dudes who just like to skate)
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

#

« Reply #152 on: August 26, 2006, 01:13:14 AM »
Stefan Janoski and Silas are stand up guys.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1584
« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2006, 07:18:57 AM »
one time i met matt hensley...that's been my only real fanboy moment...it was at the first slam city jam....i snuck on the floor and it was like 'uh..i just gotta shake your hand...'.  He was cool enough to talk me through it....

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
  • Malto!
« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2006, 07:25:23 AM »
i used to skate at the little venice circle park for like three years straight. it's pretty shitty but a cool place to meet up with your friends, figure out what you are going to do that day, scan for hot girls etc. basic warm up/ end of the day spot.

aaron snyder rolls up with his filmer and they both start acting like fags. after cutting off some local, aaron gets pissed and makes the unfortunate mistake of saying "all people who chill at venice are fags". certain people didn't like that. i never saw him at the spot again.

that was a couple years ago, i dont know what his status is now but i'm pretty sure him and his faggot filmer were banned for the time being.

on the other side of the spectrum, brian wenning came out to LA with a habitat am (steve durante?)  for a week and stayed with a mutual friend who lived close. he skated at venice, courthouse, sand gaps and john adams the whole time with us and was cool as hell. one of the nicest, most down to earth people i've ever met.

it's funny how someone like brian wenning, a living legend, can be nice as hell while some second rate dude like snyder can act like a hard ass primadonna bitch.

(also chris roberts and brezinski are super cool, regular ass dudes who just like to skate)

yea chris roberts is cool as fuck prolly the nicest most down to earth pro out there.
R.I.P Travis "Panama" Kresge

Cashcrate, make some easy money

FOURS

• Rep: 0
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2006, 08:38:13 AM »
hey dento, yesterday i chilled with mike carroll, rick howard, pj, danny way, p-rod,
jereme rogers, tony hawk, alba, lucas puig, and then they came over to my house and we skated in my skatepark that i have in my room, and tony hawk pulled a 1080, and i was doing switch laserflips down 300 stairs, and i got put on flow for girl,chocolate,lakai,addidas,nike,volcom,fourstar. what do you think about that, bitch.

my story is as true as yours. now shut the fuck up.

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2006, 09:39:23 AM »
hey dento, yesterday i chilled with mike carroll, rick howard, pj, danny way, p-rod,
jereme rogers, tony hawk, alba, lucas puig, and then they came over to my house and we skated in my skatepark that i have in my room, and tony hawk pulled a 1080, and i was doing switch laserflips down 300 stairs, and i got put on flow for girl,chocolate,lakai,addidas,nike,volcom,fourstar. what do you think about that, bitch.

my story is as true as yours. now shut the fuck up.

i was wondering how long it was gonna take for someone to call him out.

SLANGIN_ROCKS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
    • www.50mmlosangeles.com avatar image
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2006, 09:43:03 AM »

on the other side of the spectrum, brian wenning came out to LA with a habitat am (steve durante?)  for a week and stayed with a mutual friend who lived close. he skated at venice, courthouse, sand gaps and john adams the whole time with us and was cool as hell. one of the nicest, most down to earth people i've ever met.

he was probably joking seeing as how hes a local.
yeah its funny right, its funny? i'm tryin to sleep i got water on me?  yeah, of course it wasn't, it was nobody, nobody did it. its the mystery water. mystery water!

roulette

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2006, 09:51:52 AM »
yea i always see snyder in LA, hes cool

viperXL

« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2006, 10:32:32 AM »
The coolest pros Ive ever met were Neal Mims, Duffy, Kareem, MJ, and Chad Knight. Most pros are pretty cool, but those were some of the chillest and nicest dudes ive ever met in my life. Smolik was also pretty cool when he was blowing up. He dealt pretty wee with the hordes of kids following him around.
The biggest dick was Tyrone Olson, not that it matters cuz noone really took him seriously anyways.

« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2006, 12:13:38 PM »
^^^^hahaha....I can't remember the year exactly...but it was one the last Slam City Jams I ever went to.....pretty sure it was '99 or something.....We had driven up there to meet with my friend Tyler Moore and ended up at the Club Sonar.....yes Tyrone was an asshole.....I used to freestyle alot back then....and ended up dissing the shit of him in front of Mayhew after we "battled"....what a fucking joke.

Go back to Madison.

uruguay

« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2006, 02:38:39 PM »
one time i saw clyde yelling at little kids at the skatepark going "oh wow 'look at me' i ain't lookin at you'" blah blah so-on as if some little kids even knew who the guy was.  it's not like he was skating anywhere on even a sponsored level.  he got pissed off and threw gatorade on the ground because he couldn't skate, walked to his car, threw his skateboard at it, it bounced back and nailed him in the knee which totally set him off screaming.  it was pretty hilarious.  but, i've seen him be total casual-guy and be cool to be around also so, whatever.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2006, 02:40:39 PM »
I skated with Clyde and Welsh at a mini ramp and they where both chill guys, laughing cracking jokes cheering good tricks etc..

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2006, 02:51:16 PM »
rick howard was kind of a dick to me once, but i was being completely weird to him so i definitely deserved it

when girl was doing the crail phone, i called and talked to rick, he was super nice via phone. i told him he was my favorite part and yeah right. he laughed and said it could have been better.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2006, 03:10:50 PM »
Rick was really cool to me, as well
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2006, 03:19:40 PM »
Tyler Moore
is good, as far as I know.

dschultz6072

« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2006, 03:33:07 PM »
DENTOTAPE is a fucking nerd.

Farger

• Rep: -2
« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2006, 04:57:39 PM »
Janoski is the nicest one I've met

Puleo and Pat Smith seemed like a couple of dicks

SixofSeven

• Rep: -7
« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2006, 05:01:17 PM »
appleyard = cool guy

S-Town Holla!

• SLAP Pal
  • Malto!
« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2006, 06:55:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
rick howard was kind of a dick to me once, but i was being completely weird to him so i definitely deserved it
[close]

when girl was doing the crail phone, i called and talked to rick, he was super nice via phone. i told him he was my favorite part and yeah right. he laughed and said it could have been better.
[close]

Ha!  I totally forgot about the crailphone!  I talked to Carroll and just told him that his song in Yeah Right became one of my circle of friend's biggest things and he just laughed and said he was glad to have "contributed to our wackiness".  They should bring that shit back.  Should have done that for that big tour they're all on.

dude they should bring that shit back.

HoSGage

« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2006, 10:11:48 PM »
i thought mike carroll was gunna be a complete asshole but he was actually pretty nice
Quote from Guile

and isnt your crew a baker bite? hammercity. you might as well call it stretchmouth, because your gonna be covered in stretch marks when i finish feeding you this big dong soup.

enjoisk8ing15

« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2006, 11:36:53 PM »
tony t is a douche bag he told my friend to fuck off. Danny Renaud is a nice dude offering us beer and shit. John Buchanan is a generally nice dude too.

clientele.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • SLAP
« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2006, 11:37:04 PM »
yeah janoski was hella nice when we seen him at borders. like i called his name and he grabbed a mag and posted it with us for a minute. shit was so sick.

Puleo and Pat Smith seemed like a couple of dicks

SLAP is for the haters.

hesh_trash

« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2006, 12:48:57 AM »
Yeah talked to him at a etnies demo a few years ago when he was injured, dude was super friendly.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2006, 12:50:08 AM »
My friend says Greg Millions is a dick. for those who know who he is..
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

clientele.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • SLAP
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2006, 12:59:26 AM »
seen him at juniperro, but never heard of him being a dick. but i wouldn't know.

My friend says Greg Millions is a dick. for those who know who he is..

SLAP is for the haters.

#

« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2006, 01:20:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I talked to Paul Rodriguez and Jereme when they had Jereme's number on Crailtap. Nice guys.

Penis_Monster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2006, 01:22:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I talked to Paul Rodriguez and Jereme when they had Jereme's number on Crailtap. Nice guys.

i talked to marc johnson . . . he was sleepy and i think he got pissed when i asked to speak to Spike. Nice guy though..
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 01:30:14 AM by Penis_Monster »
"I FEAR NO MAN"

rapist

« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2006, 01:25:45 AM »
he has social anxiety disorder, if that means anything. im ridiculously tired....

vitunvesa

• Rep: 2
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2006, 01:32:38 AM »
Couple weeks back I skated with Alien Workshop and Habitat guys in Lyon. Greg Hunt was filming and was super friendly too...they were so mellow and and even though they filmed at this other spot(rowley ledge) we were they weren't stressed or anything. Cool guys.

They were the guys who actually came talk to us and asked some shit. Dill looked pretty heinous and didn't skate or say anything but Janoski and the other heads were like normal skate rats..or actually even friendlier... Better remember me in the credits Greg Hunt buhahah!!
eat like a bird and drink like a whale