Author Topic: Altamont clothing is starting to get boring  (Read 5294 times)

DRVAD666

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
    • http://www.strangemilitary.com/images/content/101001.jpg avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Altamont clothing is starting to get boring
« on: December 23, 2010, 12:12:56 PM »
bring back the first season and second the hendrix line was dope

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3385
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: Altamont clothing is starting to get boring
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 01:01:13 PM »
Not trying to argue with you, but I've always thought that's been kind of their goal...to make boring clothes that aren't covered in, for example, KR3WKR3WKR3W, or whatever. Boring, but well made clothes that are the fit of the season. The only thing they've put out that interests me are their new chinos...but I've never been a tight-jean's wearing type o' dude.

James Lanson

• Rep: -17
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 01:18:25 PM »
my friend has these 2 shirts, which i found pretty funny and not too boring...altamont has some cool shit and i have never seemed to mind them

Expand Quote
Big lips, tiny hands = gloryland.
[close]

this should be written on a trucker hat along with that redneck-flag. and money

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 02:52:02 PM »
i wish shirts would stop trying to tell us stuff.

@idealhandmades

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 05:36:58 PM »
Their pants confuse me. I was at the shop awhile back trying on some pants, and I grabbed three pairs of Altamont pants, all three of them the "Alameda" fit. First pair were light blue jeans that were practically skin tight, second pair were dark  blue jeans that were more straight leg, third pair were some black cords that were in between. They weren't even close to the same fit.

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 06:18:04 PM »

i regret not buying this from a sample sale a few years back.

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 369
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 10:02:50 AM »

i regret not buying this from a sample sale a few years back.

i have that jacket, size medium, brand new with the tags still on it.  i was planning to put it on ebay, but PM me an offer.

Austin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 10:10:03 AM »
Never really have been a fan of there clothes.
I like my trucks how i like my women, Loose.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2010, 10:21:59 AM »
i saw some ralph stedman t-shirts that looked cool.... they make skinny stuff for people like me, so i def back them.

jojo_fosho

• Rep: -2
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2010, 12:29:36 PM »
I have a pair of those Davis pants and they are comfortable as fuck

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2010, 03:34:04 PM »
I have a pair of those Davis pants and they are comfortable as fuck

Yes, Yes, Yes. Their beanies fits good also. Some good choices here, and you can use a rep code to get a discount.

http://www.karmaloop.com/vendor.aspx?VendorCode=ATM&bysex=1#genderId=1,sizeId=,subId=0,vendorId=492,optionalId=0,sortBy=8,showKazbah=true,pageNumber=-1,pageSize=48
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Pretty Girls Make Graves

• Rep: -8
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2010, 07:27:26 PM »
I don't know what people feel about COMUNE... and I might get slaughtered for this, but I absolutely love their stuff.. Their jeans fit me perfect and the style is so clean. Their jackets are perfect. I'm a graphic designer and i really admire and appreciate their direction. Its dressy and im a fan of black and neutrals. I'm not sure what their skate programs really doing though... I just know their style and fits are amazing.
I was down for Altamont in the beginning but lately their stuff has been so lame. I hate all that bright colored stuff. Their new shirts are just tacky... I know its just personal taste, but as far as clothing goes COMUNE is making what I want. It's easy to find on sale too.. at least for me.

Pretty Girls Make Graves

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »
^^ adding to that: braydon's style is gross. Check out their new catalog.. so clean.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1958
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2010, 07:37:19 PM »
I don't know what people feel about COMUNE... and I might get slaughtered for this, but I absolutely love their stuff.. Their jeans fit me perfect and the style is so clean. Their jackets are perfect. I'm a graphic designer and i really admire and appreciate their direction. Its dressy and im a fan of black and neutrals. I'm not sure what their skate programs really doing though... I just know their style and fits are amazing.
I was down for Altamont in the beginning but lately their stuff has been so lame. I hate all that bright colored stuff. Their new shirts are just tacky... I know its just personal taste, but as far as clothing goes COMUNE is making what I want. It's easy to find on sale too.. at least for me.

I found a pair of Comune jeans for like five bucks awhile back, and now they're one of my favorite pairs of jeans.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 190
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2010, 09:24:33 PM »

yea, i have two pair of comune jeans, very quality pants, i like their art direction alot, scaled down, almost industrial type direction.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2010, 09:29:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yea, i have two pair of comune jeans, very quality pants, i like their art direction alot, scaled down, almost industrial type direction.
i have a comune jacket and its great for the snow. keeps me warm

TheFreshSC

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 10:17:26 AM »

this.

my neighbor has ridden for comune since they started. he's always wearing the cleanest looking shit.
im even more down with comune now that i go to school with one of their designers.
as far as their art direction and team, comune is doing everything right.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2010, 01:25:35 PM »
i love most of my altamont clothes, but they can be a huge disappointment if you don't have the luxury of being able to try them on first

dolphin titties

• Rep: 32
  • tastes liek shit
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 06:36:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this.

my neighbor has ridden for comune since they started. he's always wearing the cleanest looking shit.
im even more down with comune now that i go to school with one of their designers.
as far as their art direction and team, comune is doing everything right.

Keelan Dadd and The Nuge are enough selling points for me

PTDK

• Rep: 29
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 07:49:28 PM »
Im wearing COMUNE head to toe right now. I like the new fits they are comning out with. Im not a skin tight pant person, and they finally are making some stuff that I can actually wear. I just got a pair of the Raul chinos and they are the best things ever. So comfy.
For a European who has never been to Walmart...is Walmart really like this? Like place where blacks hang out and act all weird?

Just curious.

Pretty Girls Make Graves

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 09:17:19 PM »
Im wearing COMUNE head to toe right now. I like the new fits they are comning out with. Im not a skin tight pant person, and they finally are making some stuff that I can actually wear. I just got a pair of the Raul chinos and they are the best things ever. So comfy.
I am also wearing the Raul. I agree. They are so comfy. Im definitely more of a denim person, but these are amazing.

steenz

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 09:57:26 AM »
i only wear LRG