Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 248123 times)

paraquat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #780 on: January 31, 2013, 10:30:51 AM »
recent hauls

Woo-wee that founders breakfast stout.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #781 on: January 31, 2013, 10:35:40 AM »
Floop, you're killing it. Out of curiosity, how much coin do you drop on choice beverages in a given month?

i don't want to know.   most likely too much.   i definitely have more beer than i can drink at the moment.  and my girlfriend finds it humorous and frightening when i come home with another haul of beer even though i have a fridge and cabinet full already.

some of the beers i've been "cellaring" (putting in the olde cabinet)..  only the age-able ones.  got a lot of good imperial stouts and barleywines goin on in there.  i try to drink my IPA's and other "meant to be drank sooner" beers first, and sort of cycle through.  i do manage to drink a good amount of beer though, not going to lie.

i'm starting to try to get beers that i can trade too, to get some of the beers i want to try but can't get easily here.

it's definitely an expensive habit, but if you compare it to wine it's inexpensive.  people drop 50 / 100 dollars on good bottles of wine all the time.   for 10 dollars you can get an amazing bottle of beer (the same strength as wine)

cheers
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #782 on: January 31, 2013, 10:37:27 AM »
Expand Quote
recent hauls

[close]
Woo-wee that founders breakfast stout.

yeah, was stoked to get that.  can't find it out here but a beer bro at one of the beer stores i frequent hooked me up.  so good
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #783 on: January 31, 2013, 10:38:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Floop, you're killing it. Out of curiosity, how much coin do you drop on choice beverages in a given month?
[close]

i don't want to know. � most likely too much. � i definitely have more beer than i can drink at the moment.� and my girlfriend finds it humorous and frightening when i come home with another haul of beer even though i have a fridge and cabinet full already.

some of the beers i've been "cellaring" (putting in the olde cabinet).. �only the age-able ones. �got a lot of good imperial stouts and barleywines goin on in there. �i try to drink my IPA's and other "meant to be drank sooner" beers first, and sort of cycle through. �i do manage to drink a good amount of beer though, not going to lie.

i'm starting to try to get beers that i can trade too, to get some of the beers i want to try but can't get easily here.

it's definitely an expensive habit, but if you compare it to wine it's inexpensive. �people drop 50 / 100 dollars on good bottles of wine all the time. � for 10 dollars you can get an amazing bottle of beer (the same strength as wine)

cheers

I was going to ask where you get Founders, but that might explain it. But for that matter, where do you get Narwahl?

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #784 on: January 31, 2013, 10:44:09 PM »
Supermarket spree!

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #785 on: January 31, 2013, 11:04:24 PM »
Christmas present  ;D

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #786 on: January 31, 2013, 11:11:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i don't want to know.   most likely too much.   i definitely have more beer than i can drink at the moment.  and my girlfriend finds it humorous and frightening when i come home with another haul of beer even though i have a fridge and cabinet full already.

some of the beers i've been "cellaring" (putting in the olde cabinet)..  only the age-able ones.  got a lot of good imperial stouts and barleywines goin on in there.  i try to drink my IPA's and other "meant to be drank sooner" beers first, and sort of cycle through.  i do manage to drink a good amount of beer though, not going to lie.

it's definitely an expensive habit, but if you compare it to wine it's inexpensive.  people drop 50 / 100 dollars on good bottles of wine all the time.   for 10 dollars you can get an amazing bottle of beer (the same strength as wine)

cheers

Floop are you on beer advocate?

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #787 on: January 31, 2013, 11:27:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

i don't want to know.   most likely too much.   i definitely have more beer than i can drink at the moment.  and my girlfriend finds it humorous and frightening when i come home with another haul of beer even though i have a fridge and cabinet full already.

some of the beers i've been "cellaring" (putting in the olde cabinet)..  only the age-able ones.  got a lot of good imperial stouts and barleywines goin on in there.  i try to drink my IPA's and other "meant to be drank sooner" beers first, and sort of cycle through.  i do manage to drink a good amount of beer though, not going to lie.

it's definitely an expensive habit, but if you compare it to wine it's inexpensive.  people drop 50 / 100 dollars on good bottles of wine all the time.   for 10 dollars you can get an amazing bottle of beer (the same strength as wine)

cheers
[close]

Floop are you on beer advocate?

yes sir.  you?

pancake man

« Reply #788 on: February 01, 2013, 05:53:09 AM »
Nah, I figure that if I sign up now, I'll be beyond broke hahah. I do use it frequently to see what people have to say about beers though

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #789 on: February 01, 2013, 06:05:37 PM »
Floop killin the Beer and Food game!

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #790 on: February 01, 2013, 09:39:26 PM »
some of this tonight:

also this:

hopslam is as amazing as always. rye on rye was good, but i've had it a few times now and while solid, i'm kind of over most whiskey barrel aged beers.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #791 on: February 04, 2013, 01:11:27 PM »
Floop killin the Beer and Food game!

which is probably why I'm not killing the skate game

Brick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #792 on: February 04, 2013, 06:16:46 PM »

gotta be this not the imposter american shit

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #793 on: February 05, 2013, 12:53:08 PM »

Probably the best honey beer I've ever had....actually, no, it is. Poland has some damn good beers.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #794 on: February 05, 2013, 03:47:26 PM »
Christmas present  ;D

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'm drinking one of these right now,

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #795 on: February 07, 2013, 12:11:50 PM »

I've posted in this thread before about Sculpin being my favorite beer, but I've had a lot of trouble finding fresh ones, and have gotten a little jaded spending seven bucks on an IPA I can't taste the hops in. I've especially had this problem with the six packs. But the other day I found a six pack where in the bottom left corner of the bottle label says best by 06/07/13, and it tastes fuckin fantastic. Reminded me why it's my favorite beer. So I'm guessing they give the date about a five month window, which is really two to three months too long. So to sum up, look for Sculpin thats best by like three or four months from now.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #796 on: February 07, 2013, 12:37:55 PM »
Favorite Beer Ad:

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #797 on: February 07, 2013, 01:04:13 PM »
supposedly they're going to can sculpin.

last saturday night i opened a bunch of bottles since my wife was actually drinking.

the mikkeller had pretty terrible reviews, but i liked it. just goes to show you can't always trust the assholes on BA. rum barreled beers are cool.

the 2011 bourbon county coffee was awesome. beats KBS any day of the week.

expedition is my favorite regular imperial stout. so hoppy.

slowing down on drinking now. no alcohol during the week.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #798 on: February 07, 2013, 01:09:42 PM »

I've posted in this thread before about Sculpin being my favorite beer, but I've had a lot of trouble finding fresh ones, and have gotten a little jaded spending seven bucks on an IPA I can't taste the hops in. I've especially had this problem with the six packs. But the other day I found a six pack where in the bottom left corner of the bottle label says best by 06/07/13, and it tastes fuckin fantastic. Reminded me why it's my favorite beer. So I'm guessing they give the date about a five month window, which is really two to three months too long. So to sum up, look for Sculpin thats best by like three or four months from now.

yeah, i think that goes for almost any IPA.  always best freshest

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #799 on: February 07, 2013, 01:15:21 PM »
^ max power, making me jealous.  still have not scored a bourbon county stout.  one thing that sucks about being on the west coast

bought this bad boy last night

keepin my eyes peeled for Barrel Aged Bigfoot

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #800 on: February 07, 2013, 11:24:03 PM »
IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #801 on: February 08, 2013, 08:38:17 AM »
supposedly they're going to can sculpin.

last saturday night i opened a bunch of bottles since my wife was actually drinking.

the mikkeller had pretty terrible reviews, but i liked it. just goes to show you can't always trust the assholes on BA. rum barreled beers are cool.

the 2011 bourbon county coffee was awesome. beats KBS any day of the week.

expedition is my favorite regular imperial stout. so hoppy.

slowing down on drinking now. no alcohol during the week.

That shit is fucking 14.3% Alcohol - but they do such a nice job at Goose Island with the vintage ales, I bet it STILL goes down smooth.

I just bought a case of these recently - gona let them sit under the house and drink them at Xmas and see how it changes as it ages.

Thinking about selling all my old's SB's and just buying more vintages ales to stock and age.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #802 on: February 08, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »
My uncle got me some Bourbon County for the family Christmas party and it definitely is a lot smoother than it should be. I was really happy to finally try it.

It was posted above, but I didn't like the Kentucky Bourbon Barrell Ale. I didn't think it tasted enough like beer. I like bourbon, but I want my beer to taste like beer.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #803 on: February 09, 2013, 01:49:58 AM »
this thread has come a long way.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #804 on: February 09, 2013, 01:10:42 PM »
Not really cool micro brews or anything but Delerium Tremens and Stone IPA are both amazing. I've always liked really strong biting flavors, even when I was a kid I hated mayo but loved the weird strong mustards and sauerkraut my dad would buy. Ranger is good but doesn't have that edge that Stones pale ale does. Delerium Tremens is just insane. If I was loaded I would drink a snifter with every meal.

pancake man

« Reply #805 on: February 09, 2013, 02:42:20 PM »
Delerium Tremens not a cool micro brew? what? I picked up my first bottle of Dogfish 120 and cellared it along with a couple cans of Oskar Blue's Old Chub. Should be interesting

SZA

• Rep: 9
« Reply #806 on: February 09, 2013, 03:35:22 PM »
Obviously not beer, but....

This is always the first pint of the night regardless. Live in Ireland so its always(most the time)perfect!

Beerwise...

Super cheap, 8 cans/tins for 10 euros, more than substantial before you hit the pub!

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #807 on: February 09, 2013, 06:25:21 PM »
cheers

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #808 on: February 09, 2013, 06:26:40 PM »
Obviously not beer, but....

whatchu talkin bout not beer?  nothing wrong with Guiness

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #809 on: February 10, 2013, 03:54:55 PM »

rounded out my 5 years of bigfoot today.

4 x 2009
4 x 2010
6 x 2011
6 x 2012
4 x 2013