Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 247958 times)

pancake man

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #1260 on: June 23, 2013, 04:43:26 PM »
I'd take a regular bud lite over a bud lite lime any day, do not want. That being said, currently crushing a coors light cause it's so damn hot out

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #1261 on: June 23, 2013, 06:09:01 PM »
I'd take a regular bud lite over a bud lite lime any day, do not want. That being said, currently crushing a coors light cause it's so damn hot out

I've grown to love nicer beers, but still can fully enjoy a nice budweiser, pbr, coors, or coors light, but for some reason a bud light is the shittiest tasting beer I've ever had.

Irvine-Sucks.com

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1262 on: June 23, 2013, 08:20:46 PM »
I enjoy a cold banquet beer or pbr on a hot summer day. olympia or genesee cream ale are my favorite shitty beers.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #1263 on: June 23, 2013, 08:35:02 PM »

tried all of these last night, all amazing.

15% old ales aged in different types of wood (bourbon, rye, brandy, american oak). if you're in socal check your legit bottle shops for the bourbon barrel-aged version (far left). it's not black tuesday, but it's really up there.

i just got back from the OC (visiting parents) and stopped by the Bruery on the way home.  had the Bois per your recommendation.  i like the aroma but wasn't completely taken with it.  interesting though.  different strokes?  i'm not positive it was the bourbon one though.  i asked the girl and she didn't seem to know

brought some Ballast Point Dorado and Sierra Hoptimum to my parents just because.  my mom took a sip of the Dorado and said "this is terrible"

bro in law is down with trying different stuff.  

when i bring good beer to family events and no one likes it it's a win win (more for me)

as an aside, i checked out Chino Hills Skatepark.  not too shabby.  there were some grisly 30 year old dudes drinking PBR and shredding, which is always a welcome site for an old timer such as myself
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

• Rep: 12
« Reply #1264 on: June 23, 2013, 09:21:21 PM »
alcoholism kills

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1265 on: July 02, 2013, 10:26:11 PM »
another Chicago beer.  really fucking good

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #1266 on: July 02, 2013, 10:31:36 PM »

Fuckin wow. If you like IPAs try this. Smells like fresh fruit.

Going to visit my family in Bend, Oregon tomorrow for 5 days and am planning on consuming much of this at the Deschutes Brewery. Can't wait.

Irvine-Sucks.com

pancake man

« Reply #1267 on: July 02, 2013, 10:35:25 PM »
There are so many breweries in Bend, OR to check out

dillanharp

« Reply #1268 on: July 02, 2013, 11:59:02 PM »
Went to the Russian River brewhouse over the weekend, didn't realize a case of Pliny the Elder was $120, which isn't bad at $5 a bottle, I just thought it'd be less. So I bought a growler for me and one for Tangar, if we go back it's $13 to refill. I drank mine in a day....

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1269 on: July 03, 2013, 07:32:06 AM »
Went to the Russian River brewhouse over the weekend, didn't realize a case of Pliny the Elder was $120, which isn't bad at $5 a bottle, I just thought it'd be less. So I bought a growler for me and one for Tangar, if we go back it's $13 to refill. I drank mine in a day....

so you can just buy a case of Pliny there?

pancake man

« Reply #1270 on: July 03, 2013, 08:34:35 AM »
Going over Russian River's beer list is insane. Their sour program looks incredible and I'm interested in seeing what their Framboise is like

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1271 on: July 03, 2013, 11:11:13 AM »
looks like i'm going to be going there this weekend.  dream come true

can't fucking wait

going to hit Lagunitas, Russian River and Bear Republic

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1272 on: July 03, 2013, 11:39:24 AM »
fuck. i cant wait to move to SF.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #1273 on: July 03, 2013, 11:42:39 AM »
looks like i'm going to be going there this weekend.  dream come true

can't fucking wait

going to hit Lagunitas, Russian River and Bear Republic

Stop by Santa Rosa skatepark at least just to cruise for 15 minutes. Petaluma as well if you have time.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

dillanharp

« Reply #1274 on: July 03, 2013, 04:24:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

so you can just buy a case of Pliny there?

Yea, they'll do a case or a 12 pack, growlers whatever. It was great, since my liquor store here in san jose posts on facebook whenever they get it in, then you have to rush down there and you're limited to 2 bottles.

It tripped me out a little, it's a restaurant. Packed at 11am. I didn't eat but everyone I know up there swears the food is great.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 04:26:15 PM by Nallid »

kook nukem

« Reply #1275 on: July 03, 2013, 07:59:37 PM »

kook nukem

« Reply #1276 on: July 03, 2013, 08:04:01 PM »

Far from my favorite beer, but there was a cheap sampler pack at the store, and I like blackberry anything. I'm not disappointed. Not too sweet, and a real blackberry tartness. Also, my Gonz Thrasher koozie.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1277 on: July 03, 2013, 09:32:04 PM »
this weekend had some cool stuff. the pictures are amazing. my thumb is even in the 3rd one. some stuff from crooked stave, which is incredibly good. 100% brett beers. i really love that stuff. the last is terra incognita, a boulevard/sierra nevada beer that's kind of like an old ale partly aged in barrels then fermented with brett. not as interesting as it sounded, but still good and i have another bottle. in the background of one of the pics you can see my friend sanitizing the carboy. we put our latest beer into secondary fermentation on sunday. should be good to go in a few weeks.

shredbuffalo

• Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1278 on: July 04, 2013, 03:56:23 AM »
I'm not fancy...I'm happy with a plain old Bud or PBR. If I'm at a bar and they have it on tap sometimes I'll enjoy a Blue Moon or a local from this brewery called "Flying Bison" but that's really it.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1279 on: July 06, 2013, 02:24:05 AM »
yea Nallid! I'm so stoked. if you haven't broke down and drank that growler, I got a nice sampler pack going for you. my lady's birthday is this weekend but maybe Monday or sometime next week we can link up.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Fine Young Cannibal

• Rep: 49
« Reply #1280 on: July 06, 2013, 01:06:01 PM »
stoked on this

I honestly couldn't get into RuinTen, which is odd because I usually love imperial IPAs...particularly Enjoy By.  This, however, I felt was a little too intense for me to enjoy. 

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1281 on: July 07, 2013, 01:55:22 AM »
i had this on thursday

so much licorice/darkest thing ive tried. got me so drunk i had to stay by myself at the park for a while to sober up, i couldnt even skate for a lil while.

then before snorkelling today i had this

triple fermented? i dunno what that means, it tasted like a mix of wine and beer.

I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #1282 on: July 08, 2013, 03:51:58 PM »

Coming soon to a bodega near you.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #1283 on: July 08, 2013, 04:35:11 PM »
Hopefully it will taste like cheese.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #1284 on: July 08, 2013, 06:04:00 PM »
You mean cheese product right?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #1285 on: July 09, 2013, 01:01:29 AM »
then before snorkelling today i had this

triple fermented? i dunno what that means, it tasted like a mix of wine and beer.

"The name "Tripel" actually stems from part of the brewing process, in which brewers use up to three times the amount of malt than a standard Trappist "Simple." Traditionally, Tripels are bright yellow to gold in color, which is a shade or two darker than the average Pilsener. Head should be big, dense and creamy. Aroma and flavor runs along complex, spicy phenolic, powdery yeast, fruity/estery with a sweet finish. Sweetness comes from both the pale malts and the higher alcohol. Bitterness is up there for a beer with such a light body for its strength, but at times is barely perceived amongst the even balance of malts and hops. The lighter body comes from the use of Belgian candy sugar (up to 25% sucrose), which not only lightens the body, but also adds complex alcoholic aromas and flavors. Small amounts of spices are sometimes added as well.

Tripels are actually notoriously alcoholic, yet the best crafted ones hide this character quite evil-like and deceivingly, making them sipping beers."

source: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/58

and that stout looks amazing!
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

dillanharp

« Reply #1286 on: July 09, 2013, 08:25:37 PM »

I'm going on a mission, not unlike the time I drove to ever 7-11 in the bay area until I found Duff beer.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1287 on: July 09, 2013, 09:26:01 PM »
one of 12 i brought home from the brewery

LiveFreeAndBurn

« Reply #1288 on: July 12, 2013, 11:48:42 PM »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #1289 on: July 13, 2013, 07:26:43 AM »
That looks amazing.