Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 248135 times)

floop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #1380 on: July 31, 2013, 03:27:51 PM »
that's awesome your friend won that contest.   i'm interested in trying this.  some of the Stone collabs are hit or miss (like all beers i guess).  this one sounds interesting, and sounds like something my girlfriend would actually like
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1381 on: July 31, 2013, 09:22:46 PM »
cheers to your bro pancake man.  it's good.  coconut is hard to detect but a really good ipa

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1382 on: August 01, 2013, 12:41:31 AM »
hey floop I wanted to ask, is your firestone glass pretty thick? is it worth the 9 bucks if I order it online? on an unrelated note I heard that today 8/1 is National IPA day so I bought a sixer of Lagunitas IPA at my work on sale for only 6.99 (also got Censored for the same price) and im enjoying one right nowwwww. its beer week here in silicon valley and although my funds are low and most of the events aren't exactly baby friendly, im drinking good local beer at home that I got for cheap so I ain't complaining. cheers pals!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1383 on: August 01, 2013, 01:02:47 AM »
cheers to your bro pancake man.  it's good.  coconut is hard to detect but a really good ipa

(i think this is directed towards me)

hell yea, nice! i'll let him know you gave props, thanks floop!

this is also the dude whose vids i posted on here a month ago - the guy with the crazy cellaring/hoarding problem.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1384 on: August 01, 2013, 05:38:29 AM »
I wish my friend did the Stone R& R Coconut IPA, but alas it was not me :( That being said Happy IPA Day errrbody!

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1385 on: August 01, 2013, 08:46:24 AM »
sorry reality / pancake, got you guys mixed up for a sec. 

a friend from Maine sent me some Lunch IPA (never had before) that i plan to break out tonight

tangar - it's not very thick.  it's a nice glass but 9 sounds high.  i got 2 at the brewery and remember them being like 4 bucks each.  are you looking on the Firestone website?

for 9 bucks you could probably get a better glass.  this seems like it will break pretty easily

pancake man

« Reply #1386 on: August 01, 2013, 09:19:48 AM »
Maine Beer Co. is pretty decent. I really love their minimalistic labels. Plus they have a beer called Mean Old Time, which really makes me chuckle

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #1387 on: August 01, 2013, 11:43:15 AM »

I think this is a good 1000th post.

Super hyped to get all these in.

pancake man

« Reply #1388 on: August 01, 2013, 01:10:58 PM »
You're the only person, so far, that I've seen with a Grimbergen blonde ale haha

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1389 on: August 01, 2013, 08:50:03 PM »
bro of mine from the East Coast sent me this.  1st time having.  really good

happy IPA day

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #1390 on: August 01, 2013, 09:55:17 PM »

happy IPA day

Happy IPA day to you and all fellow SLAP friends who enjoy IPA's. The wife and I had to make sure to pick up a nice one to celebrate the night.

Irvine-Sucks.com

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1391 on: August 01, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »
that's a good one, the can is the best. diesel is my favorite 6 point beer.

i had a 2nd shift el gato grande today. pretty pumped i have some hill farmstead and heady coming my way very soon.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1392 on: August 02, 2013, 01:49:18 AM »
It's IPA day (was, yesterday)? I'm out the loop but I'm still awake and drinking this so..... it counts....

Plus one of my favorite breweries and a top 10 beer for sure.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1393 on: August 02, 2013, 02:17:45 AM »

congrats on becoming a PAL first of all. secondly, where do you live and where did you get that Petrus Aged Pale? that was the first sour I ever tried and I loved it. this one liquor store I go to pretty much never has any sours at all.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1394 on: August 02, 2013, 09:03:36 AM »

happy IPA day

Great name for an IPA. Had a few Union Jacks yesterday for IPA day. Found a six pack at the grocery store brewed only a couple weeks ago.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #1395 on: August 02, 2013, 07:02:44 PM »
I love when you finally find a beer you love (from bottles/cans) on draught somewhere...just makes a good thing better.

btw, the Sycamore in SF has 21st Amendment's Back in Black on draught right now!

LiveFreeAndBurn

« Reply #1396 on: August 03, 2013, 05:27:48 AM »

Had this on IPA Day. Ninkasi has been one of my favorite breweries lately.

Last night. Second beer I've tried from Speakeasy which was very enjoyable.

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1397 on: August 03, 2013, 01:02:52 PM »
Expand Quote
*awesome beer photo*

[close]
congrats on becoming a PAL first of all. secondly, where do you live and where did you get that Petrus Aged Pale? that was the first sour I ever tried and I loved it. this one liquor store I go to pretty much never has any sours at all.

Thanks dude! I live up in Arcata, Ca about 4.5 hours north of SF up in the trees. I work at a wine/beer bar and I picked up the Petrus from a distributor out side of SF on my last trip down there. We cant get a lot of shit up here so when I go to the city I always pick up cases/kegs for the shop.

Chris

• Rep: -15
  • bouncin' checks
« Reply #1398 on: August 03, 2013, 01:32:36 PM »
Still a simple Newcastle man.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1399 on: August 03, 2013, 01:40:39 PM »

haha weird, i took a similar dorky picture a few days ago, with that lil white gulden dragon thing in the same spot and everything, il post it soon. it was one of the worst beers ive probably ever had. felt like i was drinking ooze or something, a witches brew. made u burp and feel stomach queasiness  under 5 seconds after swallowing. also was my last beer for a while
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Clownbaby

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1400 on: August 03, 2013, 02:16:11 PM »

Had this on IPA Day. Ninkasi has been one of my favorite breweries lately.

i like the Total domination IPA so much more than the Tricerahops. 

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1401 on: August 03, 2013, 04:08:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

haha weird, i took a similar dorky picture a few days ago, with that lil white gulden dragon thing in the same spot and everything, il post it soon. it was one of the worst beers ive probably ever had. felt like i was drinking ooze or something, a witches brew. made u burp and feel stomach queasiness  under 5 seconds after swallowing. also was my last beer for a while
Not a Belgian fan? It's a pretty heavy one.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1402 on: August 03, 2013, 05:49:46 PM »
East Coast IPA yo

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1403 on: August 03, 2013, 06:48:33 PM »
breaking out some good shit.  another 1st

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1404 on: August 03, 2013, 07:42:37 PM »
this years? it's much better fresh. aging that is a waste of time.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1405 on: August 06, 2013, 06:22:02 PM »
yeah it was this years.  really good.  wish i had more than 1

do you have a good place to age beer max?  i have a bunch of good beers i keep in a cool dark place, but it's generally hovering around 68 / 70.  i'm kind of concerned actually.  not sure if i should buy a 2nd fridge or what

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1406 on: August 06, 2013, 11:38:18 PM »
my basement is good 80% of the time. I'll bring it upstairs if it gets too warm down there. I've become a bit lazy with it. beer is tougher than most people think. it goes through so many temp. swings before it even hits the shelf. after I move I'll probably pick up a wine fridge from craigslist. 50-55 is the supposed ideal. higher temps usually speed up the aging process.

went to toronado tonight. great tap list. had the almanac dogpatch sour and a cuvee Jacobins rouge. both really good.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1407 on: August 07, 2013, 01:35:21 AM »
found a sculpin at grocery outlet for under 6 bucks out the door. sure its like 3 months past the "enjoy by" date, but who gives a shit. 3 bucks is 3 bucks. im gonna try it tomorrow and if its not terrible ill be going back this weekend when I have more money to buy lots and lots more. also, I woke up from a evening nap around 8pm and my old lady said they were showing a movie at the park, perfect for our baby, near our house. in my rush to leave I grabbed 2 lagunitas thinking they were both censored and filled up my klean kanteen. I accidentally grabbed one censored and one ipa, it tasted a little weird but I drank that shit anyway cause I ain't letting no lagunitas go to waste damnit.

picked this up at my work, sippin on it right now, its pretty damn good. and 10%.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1408 on: August 07, 2013, 09:03:15 AM »
my basement is good 80% of the time. I'll bring it upstairs if it gets too warm down there. I've become a bit lazy with it. beer is tougher than most people think. it goes through so many temp. swings before it even hits the shelf. after I move I'll probably pick up a wine fridge from craigslist. 50-55 is the supposed ideal. higher temps usually speed up the aging process.

went to toronado tonight. great tap list. had the almanac dogpatch sour and a cuvee Jacobins rouge. both really good.

I've been checking out wine fridges.  I don't like how most of them store bottles sideways, and have glass front doors, but the temp control would be good

I'm with you, I think beer is tough.  Most if the beers I have that I'm storing are around 12 percent or over.   but it would suck to have some get ruined.  Guess ill have to monitor my supplies by sampling every night

I had the 2012 Firestone Double DBA the other night, which is one if my favorite beers, and it seemed off.  not sure if it was the store I got it at, my storage situation, or just an off bottle, but it got me a little concerned.   going to do some sampling this weekend and check the integrity of my quiver

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1409 on: August 07, 2013, 09:04:01 AM »
found a sculpin at grocery outlet for under 6 bucks out the door. sure its like 3 months past the "enjoy by" date, but who gives a shit. 3 bucks is 3 bucks. im gonna try it tomorrow and if its not terrible ill be going back this weekend when I have more money to buy lots and lots more. also, I woke up from a evening nap around 8pm and my old lady said they were showing a movie at the park, perfect for our baby, near our house. in my rush to leave I grabbed 2 lagunitas thinking they were both censored and filled up my klean kanteen. I accidentally grabbed one censored and one ipa, it tasted a little weird but I drank that shit anyway cause I ain't letting no lagunitas go to waste damnit.

picked this up at my work, sippin on it right now, its pretty damn good. and 10%.

at least they started using bottling dates on the cans