Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 248135 times)

realitycontrol

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #1680 on: December 21, 2013, 01:39:13 AM »
christmas present to self

atta boy!
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

steam vent

« Reply #1681 on: December 21, 2013, 07:16:11 AM »
The Imperial IPA and pilsner from Garrison in halifax, straight from the brewery, ohhh fuck yea bud. One thing I miss most about living there.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1682 on: December 21, 2013, 05:34:15 PM »
Does anyone here have access to Hitachino Nest White? If so let me know, I would be interested in a beer trade. I have a lot to trade, especially if you're into IPA's.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #1683 on: December 21, 2013, 05:47:07 PM »
The Imperial IPA and pilsner from Garrison in halifax, straight from the brewery, ohhh fuck yea bud. One thing I miss most about living there.

nah

steam vent

« Reply #1684 on: December 21, 2013, 05:57:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nah

Aight Propeller was tight as fuck too, especially with the 6 packs, the bitter is a classic

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1685 on: December 21, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »
You guys ever heard of River Horse?
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1686 on: December 21, 2013, 10:22:03 PM »
floop, you hit those crime and punishments yet? i picked up a crime to have with my brother in law over christmas. didn't spring for both, just because they were expensive. southern charred sold out quick here, but i'm sure i'll try it at some point.

The Exterminator

« Reply #1687 on: December 22, 2013, 03:46:49 PM »
Went to my first beer tasting on Friday night. None of these were new to me except Vanilla Oatis. Still had a lot of fun and can't wait to attend more in the future.

I have this waiting in the fridge to be cracked open on New Years Eve.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #1688 on: December 22, 2013, 06:51:31 PM »
floop, you hit those crime and punishments yet? i picked up a crime to have with my brother in law over christmas. didn't spring for both, just because they were expensive. southern charred sold out quick here, but i'm sure i'll try it at some point.

actually broke out the Crime a week ago.  sorry to report but i hated it.  hopefully you will have a different experience.

let me say..  l LOVE super spicy stuff, spicy food, hot peppers etc..  and i actually have enjoyed a few pepper beers before (liked the habanero sculpin, and enjoyed indra kunindra quite a bit).   i'm the guy who can eat the hottest shit and not bat an eye.  i've actually eaten super hot peppers on a dare quite a few times blah blah..

the beer is way too peppery.  not even so much heat, but just pure hot pepper aroma and flavor.  i actually dumped more than half of it out, and i rarely dump out beer

if you're gonna have it i would say have it last.  it will ruin your palette for the next 24 hours

i can honestly say that beer ruined my night
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1689 on: December 22, 2013, 06:52:05 PM »
that said, i hear Southern Charred is supposed to be amazing
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #1690 on: December 22, 2013, 06:52:56 PM »
Bell's Oberon and Winter White as of lately.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1691 on: December 22, 2013, 06:59:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

actually broke out the Crime a week ago.  sorry to report but i hated it.  hopefully you will have a different experience.

let me say..  l LOVE super spicy stuff, spicy food, hot peppers etc..  and i actually have enjoyed a few pepper beers before (liked the habanero sculpin, and enjoyed indra kunindra quite a bit).   i'm the guy who can eat the hottest shit and not bat an eye.  i've actually eaten super hot peppers on a dare quite a few times blah blah..

the beer is way too peppery.  not even so much heat, but just pure hot pepper aroma and flavor.  i actually dumped more than half of it out, and i rarely dump out beer

if you're gonna have it i would say have it last.  it will ruin your palette for the next 24 hours

i can honestly say that beer ruined my night
haha, it seem like it's been super divisive. people either love it or despise it. i'm honestly not expecting a whole lot, it's more of a novelty. that said, i actually didn't mind the ghost face killah beer, so i'm pretty curious about it. i'll definitely report back.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1692 on: December 22, 2013, 07:04:32 PM »
Bell's Oberon and Winter White as of lately.

Bell's is consistently one of my favorite breweries. I'm not real big on Winter White, only because I'm not a fan of the witbier style, but Two Hearted and Best Brown is always in my fridge. Also, Bell's Special Double Cream Stout is one of the finest stout representations in the world. It's phenomenal.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1693 on: December 23, 2013, 01:20:41 AM »

really good

decent

finally tried it and loved it

strong, delicious

Trader Joes Vintage 2013 my nizzlez

FINALLY GOT MY PAWS ON SOME! 3.99 a can butt fuck it i NEEDED to try it. it was really good but different than the west coast IPAs im accustomed to. would buy again, but only once in a while. the store i got it at also has Founders Breakfast Stout (4.99 a bottle) so ill be trying that soonish.

tried this for the first time tonight, really good, a little sour and i liked that.

fingers crossed i might get my hands on a couple Bourbon County Stouts (floop hasn't let me down yet with any of his recommendations so im stoked)
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #1694 on: December 23, 2013, 07:15:12 AM »
You guys ever heard of River Horse?

Yes I have. Belgian Freeze is my favorite beer of all time.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1695 on: December 23, 2013, 07:45:06 AM »
^nice run there tangar.  not a bad beer in the bunch.   haven't tried Sleighr or Avant Garde.  want to explore more Lost Abbey beers.  everything i've had from them (and Port) is awesome

in other beer news, i got to try Grey Monday over the weekend (Black Tuesday aged on hazelnuts) and it absolutely blew my mind.  i think it ruined me forever for beer.  all other beers taste like shit in comparison

not really, but it was amazing. 

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1696 on: December 23, 2013, 07:46:26 AM »
Does anyone here have access to Hitachino Nest White? If so let me know, I would be interested in a beer trade. I have a lot to trade, especially if you're into IPA's.

we get all the Hitachino stuff here.   i could hook you up, but it will be a week or so till i get to a store

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #1697 on: December 24, 2013, 01:56:01 PM »
Got a couple of the Sierra Nevada black IPAs and they are awesome. Like the other Estate ones almost all of the ingredients are grown organically on their property adding to their awesomeness. Got the Delirium Noel for tonight. Never had it, but I like Delirium Tremens, although maybe not enough for as much as it costs, but got to give it to them, coolest looking bottles there are.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 01:58:40 PM by ChronicBluntSlider »

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1698 on: December 24, 2013, 04:33:30 PM »
came across some bourbon county barleywine and stout on the shelf here in boston. its gonna be a good christmas day. also really loving the jacks abby beers, too. great stuff.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
« Reply #1699 on: December 24, 2013, 05:01:35 PM »
came across some bourbon county barleywine and stout on the shelf here in boston. its gonna be a good christmas day. also really loving the jacks abby beers, too. great stuff.
I managed to snag a bottle of each a couple of weeks back myself. Looking forward to cracking them open. My local is going to put them on tap on Thursday too.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

coneklr

« Reply #1700 on: December 24, 2013, 05:33:01 PM »
Just scored another case of this today!

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1701 on: December 24, 2013, 06:12:01 PM »
merry christmas fellow skate brethren

(this is pretty cheap at Trader Joe's and pretty fucking good)

cheers

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
« Reply #1702 on: December 25, 2013, 11:37:47 AM »
My dad got the lady and I a three month trial to the beer of the month club. This should be good.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1703 on: December 25, 2013, 12:30:19 PM »
it's 80 degrees in LA but we're still having a fire.  cheers

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1704 on: December 25, 2013, 08:01:44 PM »
Any of you ever heard of River Horse? It's a local brewing company here in NJ, not sure how far it's distributed.

Oh and my stepbrother got me a das boot glass for christmas, stoked.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #1705 on: December 27, 2013, 07:22:05 AM »
Any of you ever heard of River Horse? It's a local brewing company here in NJ, not sure how far it's distributed.

Oh and my stepbrother got me a das boot glass for christmas, stoked.

Yes for the second time. Its my favorite brewery. They are distributed through Hunterdon, and if you go on the Hunterdon website they list the states they distribute to. River Horses Belgian Freeze and Double Wit are must tries.

The Exterminator

« Reply #1706 on: December 27, 2013, 01:01:17 PM »
Had this last night.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1707 on: December 30, 2013, 08:47:30 PM »
welp since I rock a crackberry there will be no pictures, except one.
1 Maine Brewery MO
1 FW 17th Ann.
1 Jack's Abby Jabby Brau
and SN Narwhal

Dat Narwhal... mmmmm

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1708 on: December 30, 2013, 09:29:56 PM »
love narwhal

steam vent

« Reply #1709 on: December 31, 2013, 08:12:27 AM »