Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 248152 times)

oyolar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #2070 on: April 21, 2014, 01:23:30 PM »

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #2071 on: April 21, 2014, 05:00:25 PM »
Any of you guys ever order beer online? Got any sites you'd recommend? NYC is severely lacking in some of my old staples. Most of the beer stores out here I find to be lacking or insanely overpriced. Does New Belgium exist out here?

Unfortunately New Belgium does not exist out on the East Coast

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #2072 on: April 21, 2014, 06:48:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Any of you guys ever order beer online? Got any sites you'd recommend? NYC is severely lacking in some of my old staples. Most of the beer stores out here I find to be lacking or insanely overpriced. Does New Belgium exist out here?
[close]

they're building a brewery in north carolina, so you won't have to wait too long.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
« Reply #2073 on: April 21, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
they're building a brewery in north carolina, so you won't have to wait too long.
You sure you aren't thinking of Sierra Nevada?

Edit: Looks like both breweries are going to out in NC.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:45:26 PM by brycickle »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2074 on: April 21, 2014, 07:57:33 PM »
oskar blues, too. might have to make a trip out there at some point in the future. i hear asheville is really nice.

pancake man

« Reply #2075 on: April 21, 2014, 09:46:28 PM »
Oskar Blues already distributes out this way, or we're you just saying that they are building a brewery in NC?

mattofallmatts

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • "I will not skateboard in the halls"
« Reply #2076 on: April 21, 2014, 11:48:18 PM »
Lagunitas just finished the Chicago plant and will have a much stronger east cost wise also.

Mr. Lono

• Rep: 22
  • Fl NC CO
« Reply #2077 on: April 22, 2014, 12:27:40 AM »
Oskar Blues already distributes out this way, or we're you just saying that they are building a brewery in NC?

New Belgium will be there soon enough. I heard they had some issues with there NC factory development initially but it is coming. I believe the distribution center will be close to the oskar blues brevard spot. Asheville fuckin kills it with the craft/microbrews. Im at Fort Collins CO and there is a new brewery every other week. Fort Collins is Beer heaven. One of my favorites is this beer at Coopersmiths (in foco) called steamship ale. It has that biscuity yeasty flavor kind of like a scottish ale but a little smoother and lighter in color. Any beer fanatic in the US should visit Colorado at some point, not to mention the other newly legal activities
Charlie don't skate

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2078 on: April 22, 2014, 12:32:40 AM »
yup

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #2079 on: April 22, 2014, 07:37:29 AM »

You're over in BK, right?

You ever try this place right near the BQE on metropolitan and union: http://www.beerboutiquenyc.com/template_view.cfm?PageID=12

Good selection - single bottles too. So you can try a beer out.

Of if you want to go over to Queens - i'd say try Mr Vino's Cucina in Forest Hills, or Euro Mart over in Astoria. Euro Mart is the same deal as beer boutique, but has a huge selection - definitely go there if you're in the area.

Maybe these might help you out.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #2080 on: April 22, 2014, 05:04:32 PM »
Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely check those spots out.

For reference, I've already made ventures to Top Hops, Good beer, Brouwerij Lane, Bedstuy Beer Works, Bushwick Sampler and Eagle Provisions. The latter definitely has the best selection but it's a bit annoying how the place won't let you take one from a six pack.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #2081 on: April 24, 2014, 06:52:00 PM »
Currently drinking some Flying Dog Amarillo imperial ipa. Don't know how I feel about it. Also picked up two bottles of Shipyards Prelude series bourbon barrel aged xxxxipa. Any of you guys had either? I would post pictures but I don't know how to upload pics from my iphone.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2082 on: April 25, 2014, 12:28:15 AM »

this was a super good session pale ale, untappd had it listed at under 5% i think but it was so delicious. Wyld by Uinta Brewery enjoyed at Golden Gate Park

tried this again but let it warm up a little this time, flavor totally changes and is super good.

had this for the first time tonight, it was hella good and about half the price of their Sculpin which is one of my favorites.

having a good ol' Union Jack right now, cheers Pals!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

pancake man

« Reply #2083 on: April 25, 2014, 06:18:18 PM »
Just bought my ticket to the Sierra Nevada Beer Camp fest in Portland ME. An impulse buy, but it'll be good for me. Anyone going to any of the other fests?

Tay

« Reply #2084 on: April 25, 2014, 07:04:16 PM »
Beer is too much for me, but these little guys are outstanding.

More than three and I'll cry my eyes out and urinate in my knickers.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2085 on: April 26, 2014, 01:56:53 AM »

my first yeti, was really good, coffee flavor was intense but delicious. i bought this about a month ago, and didnt notice til i cracked the bottle that one of the recommended food pairings was a cinnamon donut. i just happened to pick that donut tonight when i went and picked up a random half dozen for my lady, baby and little cousin after dinner. stoked.

just finished this, its been a long time since i had one, crisp and tasty.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2086 on: April 26, 2014, 10:46:38 AM »
going down to santa cruz and hitting sante adairius today. can't fucking wait.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2087 on: April 26, 2014, 04:39:45 PM »
tangar, how was it with the donut?

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2088 on: April 26, 2014, 08:42:35 PM »

Tried some of this tonight. Holy fuck. Bourbon barrel cider sounded weird at first, but this shit is fucking awesome.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2089 on: April 27, 2014, 08:40:35 PM »

my first yeti, was really good, coffee flavor was intense but delicious. i bought this about a month ago, and didnt notice til i cracked the bottle that one of the recommended food pairings was a cinnamon donut. i just happened to pick that donut tonight when i went and picked up a random half dozen for my lady, baby and little cousin after dinner. stoked.

just finished this, its been a long time since i had one, crisp and tasty.

that's awesome.  i don't really do a lot of food parings.  or, at least don't plan in advance. 

certain beers you can definitely imagine going well with certain things though

went to the Bruery today and had their Rue d' Floyd collaboration with Three Floyds.  was pretty tasty.  know there are infection concerns but it's drinking great right now
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2090 on: April 27, 2014, 08:50:29 PM »
sante adairius is some seriously incredible shit. if you're in the bay area, you need to visit.

their IPA, 831 is really impressive. the saisons are great too. i had suns out, a simcoe opped saison and little quibble, made with rye, oats and wheat malts. little quibble was so nice at 4.8%. they happened to be releasing saison bernice batch 6 with brett and lactobacillus yesterday, too. picked up a few bottles and had one there. it was great. slightly tart and a bit funky.

pancake man

« Reply #2091 on: April 30, 2014, 04:58:14 PM »
This is the beer I brewed about a month ago. A pale ale hopped exclusively with galaxy. I still don't know the science behind bottle conditioning yet, which in my opinion is the hardest part, but it still has enough carb to give a small bite. I call it Hitch Hikers Guide

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2092 on: May 01, 2014, 09:26:12 PM »
I tried another Southern Tier beer today (Goat Boy--it's an Imperial Weizenbock) and it is horrible.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2093 on: May 07, 2014, 09:33:44 PM »
tangar, how was it with the donut?
it was so damn delicious, i havent been on slap much lately but here are a few new things ive tried recently.

pretty strong but still tasty. 12.5%

the fucking best, also had two plinys the same night.

this this was interesting and super tasty, i didnt know it was 9% until i checked it on on untappd. very smooth for that % i thought.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2094 on: May 09, 2014, 12:32:03 PM »
going to the Bruery anniversary party tomorrow.  readying my liver
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #2095 on: May 10, 2014, 01:36:09 AM »
going to the Bruery anniversary party tomorrow.  readying my liver

sup wit dat sucre?
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #2096 on: May 10, 2014, 11:21:20 AM »
Just picked up a four pack of Founders Rubaeus. Never tried this before, it was either this or the Porter (which was cheaper and came in a 6 pack)

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2097 on: May 10, 2014, 11:35:16 AM »
went to cellarmaker on monday for their second release of taco hands, an ipa they made with tired hands.

from their website:
Taco Spiced IPA w/Cilantro, Lime Juice, Lime Zest, Cumin, Pasilla Chilis + Citra and Motueka hops.  6.6% ABV, 50 ITUs.

it's nice. the hops cover most of the additions, but you get a bit of lime. much better than it sounds.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2098 on: May 11, 2014, 11:35:59 PM »

earlier tonight had a few of these while my dad handled the tri-tip.

fuckin with one of the best right now. rest in peace to my parents dog "Fat" Jack and my best friends dog Chacha aka Chacharoo aka 20+ years old you were a fucking champ, who both passed away on the same day last week. you will both be missed.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #2099 on: May 16, 2014, 06:40:48 PM »

Whole foods 20% off ALL BEER today guys. Extra 10% when you buy 6 singles. Handle.