Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1887882 times)

franquietits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #19710 on: May 29, 2018, 07:27:43 AM »
I fucked around when I was like 18 and 19 and got kicked out of community college, or academically dismissed. Basically I wasted a ton of my parents money by registering, going for a week, and then not dropping the classes.  Long story short, the damage it did to my GPA came back to bite me in the ass, and although I graduated with honors from a 4 year school later on, I just got a rejection letter from a graduate program I applied to.  Pretty bummed out, nobody likes rejection.

Fuck dat shit, don't take no for an answer. Schedule an appt. with an advisor or someone associated with that program/department and straight up ask them "why". You never know, it could force them to reconsider and reevaluate your eligibility. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 07:42:14 AM by franquietits »

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #19711 on: May 29, 2018, 07:40:44 AM »
Recently been working a small warehouse job on the side for some extra money, and it's been pretty enjoyable: cast of peculiar characters around, free coffee (sometimes doughnuts), good workout. One problem though... I started developing a crush over someone only later learn that she's taken with a kid/husband. Fuck... I had no idea. Now I have to deal with the letting go process, and its pretty tough to do. I mean, there wasn't really an established relationship of flirting or things that would indicate that it would go a certain way, but I just can't help but to like this person.

I'm trying to forget, but when I'm around her, I'm nervous. When I'm alone at night, I think of her -- I hold on tight. Oh, well... It'll go away eventually.    :( :-[

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19712 on: May 29, 2018, 09:24:20 AM »
Pussy

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #19713 on: May 29, 2018, 12:33:55 PM »
I dropped my fiancee off at the airport this morning. She has to return to her country for visa reasons and now we'll be apart for around a year or so. It's barely the first day and I already feel lonely as fuck and as if I no longer belong anywhere.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19714 on: May 29, 2018, 12:51:43 PM »
My vertex maps are all over the place

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #19715 on: May 30, 2018, 08:03:42 AM »
Slaps been getting pretty mean lately  :'(

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #19716 on: June 01, 2018, 01:22:43 PM »
Found out I have hereditarily bad cholesterol, clocking in at 210 and the average is 100
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

redhatchet

• Rep: 44
« Reply #19717 on: June 02, 2018, 09:28:28 AM »
My best friends dog just got hit by a car in the parking lot of our job. He rushed her to the vet. No broken bones or anything, but they said the next 48 hours is crucial. Praying she pulls through. He’s a mess. Hug your dogs, man.
Maybe I'm just so cool I wanna die.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #19718 on: June 02, 2018, 04:50:35 PM »
Got a wisdom tooth coming in that's been giving me issues lately and I'm pretty sure it finally caused an infection; swelling, lots pain and discomfort, hurts when I try to open my mouth even slightly to eat food..... Probably won't be able to see a dentist til next week or longer; anyone have any go-to home remedies to help reduce pain and make things better for the time being?

shark tits

« Reply #19719 on: June 02, 2018, 04:55:23 PM »
Got a wisdom tooth coming in that's been giving me issues lately and I'm pretty sure it finally caused an infection; swelling, lots pain and discomfort, hurts when I try to open my mouth even slightly to eat food..... Probably won't be able to see a dentist til next week or longer; anyone have any go-to home remedies to help reduce pain and make things better for the time being?
antiobiotics but in a pinch, i seen a street kid w/ a softball in his jaw take aspirin and the swelling went down. ik, sounds too simple but try it.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #19720 on: June 02, 2018, 07:15:27 PM »
Can't afford to live in San Jose/Silicon Valley anymore, pretty bummed I've lived here all my life and these tech yuppies absolutely fucked up any chance at reasonable housing. Gonna have to weigh my options and see where I'm gonna head to next.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #19721 on: June 02, 2018, 07:36:23 PM »
Can't afford to live in San Jose/Silicon Valley anymore, pretty bummed I've lived here all my life and these tech yuppies absolutely fucked up any chance at reasonable housing. Gonna have to weigh my options and see where I'm gonna head to next.
I'm right there with you dude.  There's nowhere that's affordable anymore that you'd be stoked to live.  I looked at the Humboldt area and the wages are so low compared to the housing costs.  Portland's expensive now. Seattle is just as bad as San Jose.  Even fucking Reno is getting bad.  I just applied for a job in Modesto...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 07:39:26 PM by Sad Hippo »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #19722 on: June 02, 2018, 07:46:04 PM »
Vegas is the mecca of affordable housing; only thing that sucks is that it's..... Well, it's Vegas. I mean, I don't mind it, but then again I've been living here since I was like nine and have grown to love it. I'm currently living in a one bedroom apartment in a decent area for $615 a month.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #19723 on: June 02, 2018, 07:49:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Vegas is the mecca of affordable housing; only thing that sucks is that it's..... Well, it's Vegas. I mean, I don't mind it, but then again I've been living here since I was like nine and have grown to love it. I'm currently living in a one bedroom apartment in a decent area for $615 a month.

SLAP PAL house, the reality show?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19724 on: June 02, 2018, 07:57:31 PM »
The struggle is real :'(

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19725 on: June 03, 2018, 02:24:53 AM »
Get a q tip and some clove oil. Dip the q tip in the oil and apply to the effected area. This is tried and true. Beleedat

shark tits

« Reply #19726 on: June 03, 2018, 06:26:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Get a q tip and some clove oil. Dip the q tip in the oil and apply to the effected area. This is tried and true. Beleedat
oh i forgot about oil pulls. i swish coconut oil around my mouth, kills bacteria.
raw garlic is sposedta do the same thing but lots of people are poosy about garlic. coconut grease is nice.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #19727 on: June 03, 2018, 07:18:53 AM »
Went to a party last night with some friends I hadn't seen in a while. Good food, good vibes, everything went really well, even got a cute girl's number.

Get to my car that was parked on the other street corner and what do I see ? Some motherfucker broke my side mirror and kicked a fucking dent in my car door. I know it was a kick, because there's a nice Vans waffle sole print in my door.

Fuck that guy.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #19728 on: June 03, 2018, 10:00:10 AM »
90° weather

shark tits

« Reply #19729 on: June 03, 2018, 05:14:26 PM »
zacktv got murdered. i didn't know the guy but i've gone on little spurts of watching his interviews. RIP guy

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 988
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19730 on: June 04, 2018, 01:52:31 PM »
90° weather

at least we still have the nights .. once that goes; we’re toast
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 01:54:12 PM by straight »
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19731 on: June 04, 2018, 02:34:12 PM »

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 832
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #19732 on: June 04, 2018, 03:33:48 PM »
Fuck every bit of that

Sad Hippo

« Reply #19733 on: June 04, 2018, 09:36:39 PM »
Been taking these 18:1 CBD capsules for a while.  They really don't do anything but make me a little relaxed, get my shoulders down, maybe a tingle.  Well tonight I took one and it has me on my asss.  There's no science in making this shit is there? Just some dreadlocked white chick pouring these things in her cat hair covered kitchen.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #19734 on: June 04, 2018, 11:09:19 PM »
life.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #19735 on: June 05, 2018, 06:16:23 AM »
Been taking these 18:1 CBD capsules for a while.  They really don't do anything but make me a little relaxed, get my shoulders down, maybe a tingle.  Well tonight I took one and it has me on my asss.  There's no science in making this shit is there? Just some dreadlocked white chick pouring these things in her cat hair covered kitchen.

My girlfriend works for a company that makes cannabis products, and until recently there wasn't much oversight for anything. But now with recreational being in full swing they are having to be more transparent and precise with every thing they are doing.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1954
« Reply #19736 on: June 05, 2018, 09:38:41 AM »
In the past few months I had a falling out with some of my oldest skate friends. Basically, I got tired of driving out to their town all the time to skate the same shitty indoor park every single week. Most of the time they wouldn’t skate anyway and just hang out. So I started skating more with people in my town and actually going to new spots/parks, which caused them to be childish and passive aggressive toward me for “cool guying” them, even though I begged them for quite literally years to come skate with me more.

Now the two who were acting the most lame toward me keep messaging me trying to be super nice when they see spots/parks I go to on social media, but won’t acknowledge the elephant in the room, being their childish behavior. I haven’t brought it up because, frankly, I’ve been having more fun than ever skating and am generally happier having moved on from them. I have a history of pretty gnarly social anxiety, so I’m pretty proud of myself for dealing with this in a mostly mature way, but it sucks that one of my longest friendships has come down to this.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #19737 on: June 06, 2018, 01:51:33 AM »
the lame ass kitchen manager overheard me light halfheartedly speaking to another coworker about how i was "wondering if i just left if they would write me up or fire me" and he comes out the office "are you challenging me" and i was all no i am not i just have to get up early to get an mri and xray done. he walks back into the office after telling me "there's the door or you work, you're here when i tell you to leave and when i need you" meanwhile there's nothing going on in the place, like four orders on the screen.

after about an hour or a little under he comes out and tells me i have to portion another 2 cases of boneless wings before i can leave in spite since i had already finished my prep work hours prior. i then say "great i was bored i now have something to do instead of stand around" sarcastically, he turns around and asks "do you just have a problem with me? and starts arguing with me again about what happened earlier and misquoting me. it winds down and i start portioning the fucking wings and when im about halfway through a case of them he comes back and says to put it all away and clock out. the fucking asshole knows i have to skate home and it's 8 miles from work to my house.

sorry for the drunken rant, i guess the good thing is i found a fucked up dollar in my apron at work and on the way home i had a tweeker buy me a beer since my id is fucked, the tweeker came out of the store with a bigger beer than i had asked for saying the clerk said my money was fake, it was a haggard dollar bill that had been through the wash but the tweeker still got me the beer so i gave him weed and two djarum blacks. pretty cool but i hate my fucking job even more now, that creep manager ruins the place. luckily i have an interview at chipotle tomorrow...

really wish i had went to school for some vocation, now im fucked doing the same shit my dad tried to warn me about when i was young. the whole "don't work rat-fuck jobs until you die" 

the prick manager was irritated with a new waitress since she fucked up and he had to comp $300 worth of food but i see that as no reason to pick a fight and try to look tough..
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 01:54:16 AM by FrenchFriedClownFingers »
even the steven

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #19738 on: June 06, 2018, 06:01:20 AM »
Girls chemo is done, radiation is done.
She's on a holiday with her best friend now (who happens to be a nurse).

I know she's in good hands, but I miss her :(

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #19739 on: June 06, 2018, 06:45:19 AM »