Author Topic: Poppalardo  (Read 20179 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Poppalardo
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2010, 10:20:23 AM »
Expand Quote
someone needs to scan his new converse ad.. a still of a nose manual.
[close]

it's not as outrageous as you make it sound
It was on a grate or something though
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2010, 01:32:37 PM »
i wouldn't have a problem with guys like poppalardo getting paid to do ollies at unique urban spots and all that stuff . . . IF THERE WEREN'T GUYS LIKE LEM VILLAMIN ON CHOCOLATE FLOW! FACE IT, LEM JIZZES ON POPPALARDO'S EXISTENCE AND DOESN'T GET SHIT FOR IT.

AND ALL YOU FAGS GETTING HARD ONS FOR POP'S URBAN CRUISING STEE NEED TO REALIZE ANYONE CAN MAKE CRUISING LOOK GOOD. THATS WHY ITS CALLED CRUISING! STYLE IS WHEN YOU MAKE HARD SHIT LOOK LIKE YOU'RE CRUISING, DUMBASSES. POPS AIN'T GOT GOOD STYLE HE JUST MAKES EASY SHIT LOOK EASY.

StarkyLove

• Rep: -119
« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »
Expand Quote
someone needs to scan his new converse ad.. a still of a nose manual.
[close]

it's not as outrageous as you make it sound

come the fuck on, this is post accident cardiel

the fact that popps ad is a nose manual is fucking insane that he gets away with it.

i also tend to hate post in all caps but i guess hyperbeam is right. and of course the internet messiah cotg is right also, the fact that poppalardo gets away with this and lem is still flow is proof that chocolate will not let any good skaters on.

Nameuser

• Rep: -57
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2010, 03:01:59 PM »
Eventually Pops will simplify his skating so much, that his ads will be of him pushing down the street, or running to throw down his board.  Slap will ejaculate.............

Smurph

• Rep: 30
« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2010, 03:13:36 PM »
Internet messeageboards.  :-[

The Pillar

• Rep: 17
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2010, 03:24:39 PM »
Eventually Pops will simplify his skating so much, that his ads will be of him pushing down the street, or running to throw down his board.  Slap will ejaculate.............

the politics of diplomats.

McDuff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2010, 05:30:44 PM »
I lost respect for him a while ago. I know alot defend him and say his style and what he has done thru the years, but this is where that comment is bogus as shit. He is 27-30 somewhere in there, you see guys normally regress from age past 35 (Carroll and some of the girl camp is excluded!) and his career isnt even half as influencial as those guys. He seems to act like he has led some epic skate career, that is ignorant! What he is putting out, a ton of skaters could do but here is the kicker guys; He gets paid for this, he has a pro shoe for this, and he has a pro deck from this which he gets the revenue for, as for you guys none of the above, just hopes and dreams. Im not saying you skate for sponsorship and to get famous. None of us started skating with strickly that mentality, but to focus more on things other than skating, and sit back and milk the perks from pro skating while not doing it(cmon it shows!) I think is pretty lame.

pappalardo is more influential to me considering he was killing it harder than ever when i just started skating. and being from nj, you gotta love the local dudes....

and do you know him orrr what? you make it seem like he is this conceded dude who thinks he deserves everything.... he seems humble as fuck to  me....

the next curren caples

• Rep: -35
  • Letha Brainz Blo
« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2010, 05:42:47 PM »
Do you consider it humble when people collect pro shoe money every month for knee-high ollies?  I consider it just the opposite.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2010, 06:06:27 PM »
Page 7 of crying and bitching, and y'all whine like babies because I put a post or two up about the fact that Leo Romero skates nothing but rails. This is far more ridiculous.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2010, 06:09:07 PM »
oh, and next curren caples, you too work on a false choice. I like Pappalardo AND Cory Kennedy. So how is it that I make the false comparison? I believe it is you who is doing that sir.

the next curren caples

• Rep: -35
  • Letha Brainz Blo
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2010, 06:31:06 PM »
I didn't have anything you wrote in mind when I wrote that.  And what false choice have I set up anyway?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: February 21, 2010, 09:06:57 PM »
I didn't have anything you wrote in mind when I wrote that.  And what false choice have I set up anyway?
The false choice that we must either be into poppalardo or ledge dancers, and that those who like poppalardo only do so as a rebellion against such skaters. The fact is, the two are unrelated. You can like both, you can like neither, you can like one and not the other. You seem to think that the people who like pappalardo only do so because they think it is some sort of opposition to people getting super tech. Not so, the two are not related, but you somehow have related them. Your point seems to be, you don't have to like poppalardo to hate super tech skaters, my point is that liking poppalardo is not related to that at all.

thugnificent

« Reply #192 on: February 21, 2010, 10:55:41 PM »
Page 7 of crying and bitching, and y'all whine like babies because I put a post or two up about the fact that Leo Romero skates nothing but rails. This is far more ridiculous.

he does skate things other than rails, and it wasn't just a post or two that you made, try at least 20

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2010, 01:29:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he does skate things other than rails, and it wasn't just a post or two that you made, try at least 20
yeah, like Colin McKay skates more things than vert. Still, about 5 times that many in this thread alone, and this is like the 50th thread of that sort already.
Why you follow me around so much? You are intimidated by me in some way or something? You must be the kid who got made to feel stupid by the smart kid a lot, and still spits on their burgers when they don't know how to order right at the drive-thru.

Albatross

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2010, 02:00:18 AM »

hurts to see how much work some guys put in to getting and being pro. always gonna be hate for the guy who has it easy

Dirtyjersey

• Rep: -4
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2010, 07:41:29 AM »
no more threads on stupid topics, please, it's hurting my head.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2010, 09:03:28 AM »
gipper, the problem is that his skating has become totally irrelevant and he's making boatloads off his name, i think that's what people are taking issue with, not this weird tech vs simple fight you seem to be imagining. but, even this issue has been discussed to death, it's not about what you deserve, it's whats more marketable and marketability doesn't necessarily correlate to amazing skateboarding, case in point.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
hopefully this dudes entire chocolate appearence is lifestyles of him near the 59th street bridge and him jumping on his board. maybe talking on a payphone outside of a bodega. ender ender stella in one hand boge in the other down bedford into the sunset. last part too

lol nice

thugnificent

« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2010, 09:53:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yeah, like Colin McKay skates more things than vert. Still, about 5 times that many in this thread alone, and this is like the 50th thread of that sort already.
Why you follow me around so much? You are intimidated by me in some way or something? You must be the kid who got made to feel stupid by the smart kid a lot, and still spits on their burgers when they don't know how to order right at the drive-thru.

theres no way you actually think you intimidate anyone. you're a sad old man that gets beat up and stuffed in lockers by students

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2010, 11:04:08 AM »
you know why pops can get away with the shit he does?  because it still sells.  you know why he has a pro shoe?  cause it sells. 

being a sponsered or pro skateboarder has little to do with skill... its all marketability. 
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2010, 12:46:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

theres no way you actually think you intimidate anyone. you're a sad old man that gets beat up and stuffed in lockers by students

hes like under 30 haha you are an idiot. jsut because hes smarter than you doesnt mean hes a old man.

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #201 on: February 22, 2010, 01:28:34 PM »
I heard pappalardo slides his board with his hands on ledges so it still looks he does slide tricks.

No, I like his skating but I want to see him do a 15 foot long bigspin bs tail bs 270
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

thugnificent

« Reply #202 on: February 22, 2010, 02:18:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

hes like under 30 haha you are an idiot. jsut because hes smarter than you doesnt mean hes a old man.

hahaha who the fuck are you to call anyone smart? this just confirms how lame the gipper is, if he has the likes of you co-signing him

DEDBBIS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
« Reply #203 on: February 22, 2010, 03:57:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

hahaha who the fuck are you to call anyone smart? this just confirms how lame the gipper is, if he has the likes of you co-signing him
You are full of logical fallacies.

There ain't no shit on T.V. tonight

sage

« Reply #204 on: February 22, 2010, 07:21:25 PM »
So we all agree Pops is an aids-faced bum who should be kicked out of pro skateboarding. Good lets move on.

DevinSB

• Rep: -11
    • mywaste avatar image
« Reply #205 on: February 23, 2010, 12:59:26 AM »
i've been a fan of pappalardo since i started skating, he's always been awesome, but all this shit is kinda making me like  ??? . like i understand where he's coming from just wanting to do fun/easy tricks and make them look cool(and they do look cool), but he's a professional skateboarder and he's gotta get back on his game. his lakai part had like three or four tricks in it that made me really like "holy shit", and him skating in the beware of the flare tour video had me like HOLY SHIT the whole time.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #206 on: February 23, 2010, 12:26:51 PM »
maybe he doesnt even want to be a pro skateboarder anymore ???  its like the dude who said his teacher brought a mannequin around school with him and shit, he was just tryin to get fired.

or maybe he just doesnt want skateboarding to be in the olympics so he is trying to make the level of skating crappier in the usa so that it stays in the streets. so shit goes back to the roots.

or maybe he is just trying to appeal to people who suck at skating, who make up probably 90% of the skateboard market. wants to be seen as just some normal guy (which he is) and not some super star athlete.

haha yes these are ridiculous sounding cause who is going to want to watch the video with the crappiest skating right?

i think though he just doesnt really give a shit about doing any of that hard stuff and doesnt care if he is not pro anymore. it is like kurt cobain he liked makin music and stuff but he hated fans. he tried to appreciate it but just could not. pappalardo likes to skate but i wouldnt be surprised if he was turned off from the whole industry and what it has turned into now.

he has so many die hard fans though he probably doesnt want to let them down with crappy parts but at the same time he probably doesnt want to come out with nothing either. thats gotta be depressing has to pick 1 and neither are what he truly wants.

Crazy Ralph

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
  • You're all gonna die!
    • ShredNJ avatar image
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2010, 01:42:17 PM »
So we all agree Pops is an aids-faced bum who should be kicked out of pro skateboarding. Good lets move on.
You either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the Berra.

niclopse

• Rep: -38
  • Reaching for the Light
    • Adaptoids CBD Vitamins avatar image
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha he beat the game, ...we out.

Instagram: @niclopse

Inanimate Object

« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2010, 05:45:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Given that this thread is so derailed already, I might as well contribute to it. Disclaimer: I have nothing more to say about Pappalardo until he puts out a new video part. 

But thugnificent, you and "the next curren caples" are my two most hated posters.  I fucking hate you kids and I hope you get the Ebola.