Author Topic: israel and palestine  (Read 16515 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1188
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: israel and palestine
« Reply #330 on: April 06, 2024, 10:05:55 AM »
If you are an American tax-payer or voter you certainly do have 'skin in the game,' like it or not.

Yes we very much do. 

No matter how much everyone wishes otherwise. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

meg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -64
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #331 on: April 06, 2024, 10:57:31 AM »
If you frame it that way that makes every American a israel supporter.

Phil Leotardo

• Rep: -11
  • Lemme tell you a couple of three things
« Reply #332 on: April 06, 2024, 02:07:32 PM »
There's no scraps in my scrapbook

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #333 on: April 13, 2024, 03:59:25 PM »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2024, 09:23:01 PM »
Remember Tramp said the CIA wanted to attack Iran. I assumed it bullshit misdirection till now. This is all part of the elites mechanism set into motion in the late 70s early 80s. America has always been against Iran. Until just before desert storm after Kuwait. My heart goes out to all the regular people just being held a hostage by these horrendous war bastards. Anyone who choses blood over peace should never lead nations.

I have a question. Does Hezbollah consider all citizens of Israel military personnel? On account of the training for the service? Because the attacks seems indiscriminate. Attacking civilians invites Israel to invade Lebanon. Syrian militants will escalate and it continues.

Im still wondering why Republicans love Russia. Arnt they down with Iran? Thats confusing. Cuz it seems to me they just want to make get back the oil rights BP? lost. I assume arout the time of the 7 sisters.

We heading towards some Mad Max if we dont stop regardless
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2024, 09:09:25 AM »
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #336 on: April 14, 2024, 11:06:30 AM »
I wanna make sure that fools know I ain't got a side. I want two state solution. I understand the strategic value of the heights.

If these two systems didn't exist then there's no more fight.
(A)pl(E)

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 655
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #337 on: April 14, 2024, 01:33:43 PM »
Originally posted this in the lame insta thread, but removed it to avoid corrupting that thread more

Re:Biden not strong enough on Israel.

I disagree with the narrative about Biden and Israel. I disagree for the following reasons:
1. Bibi tells Biden/the State Department he'll do one thing and then does something else because he is just biding time until the election. He knows if Trump gets back into office he can torture children on the street and/or start a war with Iran and Trump will support him.
2. A key part of the democratic coalition are Jewish voters. Liberal / non-ultra orthodox Jewish people are reacting to this situation in a very complicated manner. Ezra Klein has discussed this many times and the recent special election in Long Island required the democratic candidate to support Israel.
3. Biden has imposed sanctions on some Israelis for their settlements, Trump supported settlers.
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/us-expected-impose-new-sanctions-against-occupied-west-bank-outposts-axios-2024-03-14/
https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN27D23W/
4. Generation matters, for younger people we often view Israel as a very powerful rich country bullying (to put it very gently) its weaker neighbor, but older people view it from the lens of a nation that is surrounded by much larger and more powerful oil rich enemies. Getting an entire generation to shift its view of Israel from victim to victimizer isn't going to be easy. I mean look at the older people reacting to facebook nonsense about last night's attacks, "Why should Israel be able to 'defend' itself against Iran?" These responses ignore Israel's attack on the consulate that spurred Iran's reaction, but everything is viewed as Israel as the victim and the narrative can go on forever Iran attack Israel < Israel attacked the consulate < Iranian backed militias have been attacking Israel < and so on.
5. Bibi is a fucking dildo. He is a hard right asshole who is trying to avoid being persecuted for his crimes. He campaigned for McCain in our fucking congress as a fuck you to Obama. I wouldn't be surprised if every single Republican is encouraging Bibi to ignore the current administration and tell them they will do everything and anything to demonize Biden or anyone blue if they quickly shift course. The slow shift is already being framed as traitorous and other such nonsense.

We seem to often pretend America has a parliament system where big shifts can be pushed through against the opposition's will. By design our country does shit slowly and gives power to the opposition party, which--on top of all sorts of other political considerations--makes it hard for big/fast changes. Republicans will do everything possible make sure Democrats don't get their way or even get a win. Look at the border deal, Democrats gave Republicans their wet dream border legislation and they backed out cause it would have given Biden a win, not because they disagreed with the legislation. Oppositions have power and this seems to be ignored when discussing this issue.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #338 on: April 29, 2024, 08:23:19 AM »
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-working-to-block-feared-icc-arrest-warrants-against-pm-others-over-gaza-war/amp/

Issue their arrest warrants already. Hopefully it’ll stop the funding of the collective punishment machine.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 790
« Reply #339 on: April 29, 2024, 02:45:01 PM »
"They" are really using anti-Semitism as a reason to shut-down the college campus protests but I really can't find many examples of this. I am fully in support of the anti-war students and wondering how much anti-Semitic rhetoric is really being spewed?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #340 on: April 29, 2024, 05:14:46 PM »
I just saw there's a ceasefire on the table. Hostages could be released.

Hopefully more aid will get in.
(A)pl(E)

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -68
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #341 on: April 29, 2024, 07:09:14 PM »
"They" are really using anti-Semitism as a reason to shut-down the college campus protests but I really can't find many examples of this. I am fully in support of the anti-war students and wondering how much anti-Semitic rhetoric is really being spewed?

I stopped by the UPenn one. No anti semitism detected, many obviously Jewish people participating in the protest
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

231st Street

• Rep: -203

graveLabor

• Rep: 0
« Reply #343 on: Today at 10:14:46 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2024/04/28/jewish-students-campus-protests-israel-gaza/

https://time.com/6969552/white-house-condemns-antisemitism-college-campuses-protests/

Totally non-violent.  Draw your own conclusions, folks.

That Washington Post article is spitting straight bullshit:
"It’s been that way since Oct. 7, she said, when the war began with an attack on Israel by Hamas"

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #344 on: Today at 10:50:07 AM »
I’ve drawn my own conclusions and all the violence is from the police as usual. They’re trying to instigate violence and the kids aren’t reciprocating. Same as it ever was.

If there was violence from these non-violent protesters, where are the assault charges?
The press would quickly publish them to support their narrative, but there isn’t any documented charges.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1399
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #345 on: Today at 10:55:16 AM »
Pretty typical watching LE roll up with batons and zip ties. Shields and tear gas.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1603
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #346 on: Today at 11:41:59 AM »
Pretty typical watching LE roll up with batons and zip ties. Shields and tear gas.

Yes, "to protect and serve"
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #347 on: Today at 01:11:05 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2024/04/28/jewish-students-campus-protests-israel-gaza/

https://time.com/6969552/white-house-condemns-antisemitism-college-campuses-protests/

Totally non-violent.  Draw your own conclusions, folks.

What about the Anti-war Jewish students who have been attacked and arrested?

Anti-war and Anti-zionism is not anti-semitism say it again. The so called anti-semitic nature of these protests seems absurdly over-inflated.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #348 on: Today at 01:20:35 PM »
The only reason they can say the protests are antisemitic is the oft repeated premise that being against Israel is inherently antisemitic.

I sincerely doubt the Jewish people, staff, and faculty that have sided with the students behind the barricades would stick up for them if they were truly expressing actual antisemitism.

231st Street

« Last Edit: Today at 02:16:31 PM by 231st Street »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #350 on: Today at 02:22:35 PM »
The protests aren't antisemitic on their own. Its some of these fools aint vetting who there organizing with so of course theres assholes in the mix. Folx who are new should look out. Problems that used to be more a right issue are over here too as our numbers grow.
Dont wind up walking in on a tiki torch party by following people you dont know away from the protest or counter protest.
Cuz they out there. They just left the colours at home.

They dont like no one. Not even themselves. Just Grandpa and his backwards bullshit. No one can live up to grandpa! What a man. Beat up his drunken dad and become the man of the house at age 11. How could he be wrong? Everything he ever said is backed up by in a 50000 year old book from before the written word....  AND has been the mottos of 700k failed nations

Gotta follow that guy. He was the only person who was ever nice to me...
(A)pl(E)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #351 on: Today at 02:26:02 PM »
Of course it’s the ny post. Yeah, I’m sorry you’re basically reposting the equivalent of Fox News Tucker Carlson fake news in print form. I can’t believe bullshit that easy. The onion is more factual.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #352 on: Today at 02:37:42 PM »
Of course it’s the ny post. Yeah, I’m sorry you’re basically reposting the equivalent of Fox News Tucker Carlson fake news in print form. I can’t believe bullshit that easy. The onion is more factual.

Its what i tell some of the homies. They scared af too. Im like dont worry dog. Ill hide you. Then we giggle. Till next week when i hear. YOOOOOOO did you hear about the new body of water ( an ocean ;) ) its cutting its way right through Africa?

Lets google it dooooder. Really quickly. I love that mother fucker.
(A)pl(E)

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #353 on: Today at 02:41:40 PM »
Anti Semitic acts would include:

- Burning American or Israeli flags held by jews at counteprotests

- Posters with swastikas, Hezbella and Hamas flags

- Screaming fuck you zionist pigs at people walking by in traditional jewish garb

- Throwing rocks at jews

All of these things have been well documented.  Are these things anti-Semitic?  Is this free speech?

https://nypost.com/2024/04/26/us-news/nypd-hunts-for-hateful-suspects-in-attacks-on-victims-holding-israeli-flags-including-one-outside-columbia/
https://nypost.com/2024/04/21/us-news/anti-israel-protester-screams-at-demonstrators-with-israeli-flag-outside-columbia-u-go-back-to-poland/
https://nypost.com/2024/04/22/us-news/jewish-columbia-student-says-protesters-burned-his-israeli-flag-hit-him-in-face-with-rocks/
https://nypost.com/2024/04/21/us-news/jewish-yale-student-stabbed-in-the-eye-with-palestinian-flag-during-protest/
https://nypost.com/2024/04/16/us-news/anti-israel-protesters-wave-hezbollah-flag-in-nyc/

Yeah, you're going to have some fringe and isolated incidents just as some pro-Israeli demonstrators have resorted to violence the last few days but by and large the campus movement is not anti-semitic as much as the media and politicians are desperately trying to paint it that way. NY post will not convince me otherwise.

Burning the Israeli flag? Not anti-semitic either. Those that really value Jewish lives would also have a meaningful critique of Israel right now... as many Jews do. B?C the war on Palestine is going to hurt Israel and the Jewish diaspora for generations.

231st Street

« Reply #354 on: Today at 03:09:58 PM »
I agree- by and large I'm sure most are not anti-Semitic.  Burning an Israeli flag that you brought to the protest? Great, that's free speech.  Burning an Israeli flag that an Israeli is carrying while he is carrying it as in the article (and on video), resulting in that person being burned, not free speech.   I wouldn't advocate the burning of a Palestinian flag that a Palestinian was holding, either.  Yelling zionist pig at jewish college students isn't going to end this conflict folks.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #355 on: Today at 03:22:29 PM »
Is Van Morrison’s 2021 song “They Own The Media” anti-Semitic?  Or was that just old Sir George Ivan letting his freak flag fly?

231st Street

« Reply #356 on: Today at 03:26:16 PM »
Is Van Morrison’s 2021 song “They Own The Media” anti-Semitic?  Or was that just old Sir George Ivan letting his freak flag fly?

You don't see the difference between that and literally lighting a flag on fire that someone is holding that isn't your property?  No, I would not interpret that song as anti-semitic (and regardless, it is protected speech).  When speech becomes threats of violence or actual violence, it is no longer protected speech.  I'm probably not nearly as uptight as y'all imagine lol.  Feel free to live in tents and do whatever you all feel is right.

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
« Reply #357 on: Today at 04:04:45 PM »
you are the dumbest poster