Author Topic: Covid vaccine  (Read 58497 times)

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
Re: Covid vaccine
« Reply #330 on: April 21, 2021, 07:23:59 PM »
Got my second Pfizer dose Monday, by the time I got home it felt like I lost a fight. Thankfully feeling better today and back to work tomorrow but it was fucking brutal. Did anyone else get fucking rocked by it or was it just me and my immune system being buns?
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

TheVisitor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #331 on: April 22, 2021, 02:10:05 AM »
Got my second Pfizer dose Monday, by the time I got home it felt like I lost a fight. Thankfully feeling better today and back to work tomorrow but it was fucking brutal. Did anyone else get fucking rocked by it or was it just me and my immune system being buns?

I got my first one yesterday and not feeling too great right now. Not looking forward to second one.

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #332 on: April 22, 2021, 05:37:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I got my first one yesterday and not feeling too great right now. Not looking forward to second one.

After my 2nd dose, I felt extreme fatigue and aches in my back for some reason. I felt fine by the 2nd-3rd day afterward.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
« Reply #333 on: April 22, 2021, 05:49:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

After my 2nd dose, I felt extreme fatigue and aches in my back for some reason. I felt fine by the 2nd-3rd day afterward.

Yo those back aches were no joke, that shit was awful!

I’m glad it’s passed and I’m back at work but I legitimately did not expect to be put down so fucking hard.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #334 on: April 22, 2021, 08:23:38 AM »
I get my second Pfizer dose in a week and now I'm worried I'm going to get bodied.  I wouldn't be so concerned except that the day after I get the shot is my baby's first b-day and I'd rather not be writhing in agony for it.  Maybe I'll reschedule for the following weekend or something so it doesn't interfere too much.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #335 on: April 22, 2021, 09:31:27 AM »
Getting my initial moderna shot Disaturday anyone else got it and if so what was your side effects?

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #336 on: April 22, 2021, 10:29:05 AM »
Getting my initial moderna shot Disaturday anyone else got it and if so what was your side effects?

Fuck yeah congrats Fap! Just got shot 2 of Moderna today, fuck yes! Shot 1 made me drowsy and very mildly woozy but nothing more - hopefully shot 2 is similar, but we'll see! Averagely, shot 2 is the ringer as far as reactions go. Nevertheless, you should be a-okay at the very least for shot 1! Best of luck my friend, keep us updated!

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #337 on: April 22, 2021, 10:36:14 AM »
Got my second Moderna shot on Tuesday at 6pm. By 9 I was feeling the chills and aches. When I woke up Wednesday I was even worse, and as the day went on it only got worse. Crazy joint and muscle pains, an insane skin sensitivity, headache and fatigue. Felt very similar to when I assume I had covid last year, but without the coughing up blood aspect.
Feeling slightly better today but still called in to work because I’m nowhere near 100%.

Still not nearly as bad as the fucking month that I was sick last year and the months of coughing and shit that I dealt with afterwards. Would get the shot again, but scheduled for a Friday so I don’t miss work again.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #338 on: April 22, 2021, 11:29:20 AM »

I got mine on 4/20... My arm is super fucking swollen. Like the size of a tennis ball bump where i got the shot... Arm hurts super bad. Also last night I had a gnarly fever... Feel a little better today but I am still feeling a little weird. I had covid last year... Apparently people who had it have a reaction to the vaccine... I heard the second dose is worse... So I'm a little worried, but in the end it will be worth it I'm sure.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Rep: 218
« Reply #339 on: April 22, 2021, 11:40:04 AM »

Got dose 1 of Moderna a few weeks ago. Some arm pain the next day but that was it - was able to ride 30 miles on my bike no problem. The nurse told me to hydrate like crazy and I think that helped. Still nervous for how I’ll react to dose 2.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #340 on: April 22, 2021, 12:56:38 PM »
I’ve been dodging getting vaccinated for I hate needles but I’m moving so I have to do this for right now and where I land I’ll get another shot.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #341 on: April 22, 2021, 01:12:59 PM »
Hey Pals!  Here to share my vaccination story.

I got my first dose of Moderna the weekend before starting a new job.  I had zero symptoms with the first dose save for a sore arm. 

I actually got my second shot while quarantining.  Roommate had a positive test, so my gf and I acted as his personal bell hop for door dash and other food deliveries.  To his credit, he stayed in his room 95% of the time and would mask up when he had to go into common areas.  I got tested twice after his diagnosis.  We have a rapid testing drive thru station, and I had 2 negative tests over the last week.

I got my second dose last Friday.  Felt good enough to have a couple beers Friday night, and I was keeping in contact with my family members who all had their second dose.  My parents did completely fine with their second dose.  My brother, who had his the day before mine, warned me that around the 35th hour afterwards, he was having some sweats and chills.  The worst it got for me was that sort of feeling of achey-ness that usually makes me ask "Am I getting sick right now"?  I took my temp and was at 98.6, which is up a degree or degree in a half to my natural temp. 

Besides that, my girlfriend rolled over in her sleep on my arm and that hurt pretty good, but all in all nothing too crazy for me personally.  Set to return to work this Saturday, and I got a non rapid test at my doc yesterday, so will know either way by the end of tomorrow. 

nonickname

• Rep: 86
« Reply #342 on: April 26, 2021, 04:03:03 PM »
Got my 1st AZ shot yesterday (our roll out here in Canada is horrible)...went to bed with a sore arm, as expected, but today have had crazy aches in my ribcage, headache and ran a fever that I tried to nap through. My wife being the saint she is said "get up I need help with dinner" so I laboured through some stirfry. Am now back on the couch exhausted from 20 mins of effort.

But the new soy sauce was good - San J tamari.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Deputy Wendell

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #344 on: April 26, 2021, 05:19:49 PM »
just plain fucking wow

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/26/us/florida-centner-academy-vaccine.html?action=click&module=In%20Other%20News&pgtype=Homepage

Wow. Hopefully anyone with any sense has pulled their kids from that school. Maddening it can even continue to exist.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

nonickname

• Rep: 86
« Reply #345 on: April 26, 2021, 06:54:36 PM »

Wow. Hopefully anyone with any sense has pulled their kids from that school. Maddening it can even continue to exist.

"The school prominently advertises on its website support for “medical freedom from mandated vaccines.” - Nope. The parents signed up and paid for this. I'm at a loss.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #346 on: April 26, 2021, 07:35:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

"The school prominently advertises on its website support for “medical freedom from mandated vaccines.” - Nope. The parents signed up and paid for this. I'm at a loss.

Article also shows the head of the school has been touting vaccination misinformation. I'm sure all the kids who are in this school all have parents who have the same ideology as her. Also, not surprised this is in Florida.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #347 on: April 26, 2021, 08:04:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Article also shows the head of the school has been touting vaccination misinformation. I'm sure all the kids who are in this school all have parents who have the same ideology as her. Also, not surprised this is in Florida.

even worse is that 9 out of 10 of these kids will end up living as adults with these same ideologies
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

sexhaver2006

• Rep: -13
« Reply #348 on: April 27, 2021, 03:06:27 PM »
Got my second Moderna shot on Sunday. Was up all night shivering and sweating and with an awful headache. Feeling okay today and skated a bit. Def better than getting COVID and/or giving it to my family.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1628
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #349 on: April 27, 2021, 03:12:53 PM »
Got my second moderna on Friday.  Slightly sore arm.  When I got the first shot, I was a little achy.

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #350 on: April 27, 2021, 03:35:59 PM »
White House made an announcement stating, "If you're FULLY vaccinated and are outside NOT in a large group/crowded area, you can go without a mask."

I can't imagine how many people will take this as, "Even if you have Covid, you can go without a mask all the time."

Enrico Pallazzo

• Rep: 218
« Reply #351 on: April 27, 2021, 04:00:31 PM »
Was walking out of breakfast with a few friends on Saturday, still had our masks on, and had some drunk dude and his friends come up to us and scream "You're gonna die! Keep breathing in your own CO2 you idiots!". Very chill way to start the afternoon.

2nd dose scheduled for this weekend, hoping the recovery period is brief/mild.

shpongle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 212
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #352 on: April 27, 2021, 10:28:41 PM »
got my 1st pfizer last thursday.. been almost a week since and im finally kind of feeling alright again. first 2 days my arm was so sore i couldnt really even raise it up in the air. body aches and a headache and fever also for 4-5 days. i eat pretty healthy (vegan) and maybe my body isnt used to foreign invaders im not sure. kind of dont want to go through the same ordeal on the 2nd :( i hope the 2nd shot is easier

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 639
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #353 on: April 27, 2021, 11:07:15 PM »
I almost went completely insane on some old dude today. He got in the elevator without a mask on and said, "It is ok, I've been vaccinated."

I'm glad the rest of you guys are getting your vaccines. I can't wait to get mine. Good luck pushing through those side effects.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1110
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #354 on: April 28, 2021, 02:20:26 AM »
I had my first Pfizer shot a couple weeks ago. Sore arm. A little fatigue. Nothing worse.

Hoping for a similar outcome when I get my second shot next week.

Good luck, all.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 601
« Reply #355 on: April 28, 2021, 04:29:22 AM »
I’m still out here like “man...Trudeau is fuckin’ up!”

Then I remember:
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
« Reply #356 on: April 28, 2021, 05:59:53 AM »
Yeah I’m definitely happy to be in Canada throughout all this, but getting stimulus checks and timely vaccines would’ve been nice too.  My partner works with the elderly and I work in hospitals and other high traffic areas, but because we’re under 55 we have to wait at least another month or two for our first dose.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 601
« Reply #357 on: April 28, 2021, 06:09:10 AM »
Yeah I’m definitely happy to be in Canada throughout all this, but getting stimulus checks and timely vaccines would’ve been nice too.  My partner works with the elderly and I work in hospitals and other high traffic areas, but because we’re under 55 we have to wait at least another month or two for our first dose.

That’s it, I’m rigging up a bio-reactor in the garage. BRB.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #358 on: April 28, 2021, 06:33:57 AM »
Do you guys think weed would help with side effects from the 2nd shot? Or would it bring on some paranoid state where you think the vaccine is killing your body?

Maybe I'll just stick to chicken soup or pho...

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1493
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #359 on: April 28, 2021, 06:49:10 AM »
I wouldn't do anything mind/mood altering with the vaccinations. With all the variations in reactivity, it's best to be sharp and on the lookout for whatever is outside the norms.

For example, both my wife and daughter had tender lymph nodes on the armpit area the side that was vaccinated a few days out as the only side effect they experienced. Luckily, wife had the presence of mind to research and discover it is quite common.