Author Topic: MLB Thread  (Read 34390 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: MLB Thread
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2015, 12:01:10 AM »
Giants always scary this time of year, decimated with injuries they still come through. If they're not in the postseason it's a travesty to baseball. Fun watching a team without fat sacks of shit like panda, basically anyone can get hot in the postseason and SF has the pitching to make it happen. Dodgers are good too but noone wants to see them, SFs rookies are better than most Dodger vets. Utley lmao, Rollins haah

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2015, 08:25:49 PM »
why do i always fucking forget about encarnacion?

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2015, 05:04:30 PM »

I love Donaldson. Living near Toronto, everyone is so hyped about the Jays and I fucking love it.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2015, 05:57:26 PM »

I love Donaldson. Living near Toronto, everyone is so hyped about the Jays and I fucking love it.

sad to see encarnacion's streak end. but I'm excited to see how far the jays can go

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2015, 05:58:32 PM »
double post

but I forgot to say, donaldsons batting stance/swing is my favorite. watching him connect for a home run is beautiful

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2015, 06:17:28 PM »

Jays have always had great hitting, their pitching will hurt them in the playoffs. Pitching is everything in baseball

dillanharp

« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2015, 09:54:17 PM »
The Giants are done...  :'(

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2015, 12:55:36 AM »
Sadly I have to agree but what do you expect? it's an odd year.

Nick..

« Reply #128 on: September 03, 2015, 06:51:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jays have always had great hitting, their pitching will hurt them in the playoffs. Pitching is everything in baseball
What? Toronto's pitching staff is 5th in the AL and 11th in the MLB with a 3.72 ERA, while also being 4th in the AL and 7th in the MLB with a 1.22 WHIP...

Dickey and Buehrle have been fantastic this year like always, Price is their best pitcher since Halladay, Estrada has been a surprise and is having a career year. They also have Stroman coming back soon, and he was arguably their #1 pitcher going into the season. Sanchez, Hendriks, Hawkins and Lowe have been solid, Cecil hasn't given up a run since June 21st, and Osuna for a 20 year old has been excellent as a closer and is in the conversation for AL ROY (he won't win it though)

Hutchison despite his 13-2 record has been awful (W-L is a terrible indicator on how good a pitcher is, his ERA on the road is 9, and he has the best run support in baseball at 8.15 runs/game) Loup has been bad this year and Jeff Francis has had a shit career. Other than those three, their pitching is just fine.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 07:02:11 AM by Nick.. »

Tracer

« Reply #129 on: September 03, 2015, 09:36:25 AM »
Jeff Francis started the WS for Colorado the year Boston won, definitely not a shit career. Bautista hasn't played 1 playoff game, lots of the Jays haven't.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #130 on: September 03, 2015, 03:28:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

There's this annoying technical glimmer of hope in the back of my head, but yeah I agree. Done.  This was their one chance to stay close and they blew it.  FUCK.  Just can't do it with all these AAA players in the lineup. 

If anything they have a better chance at getting the last wild card, mostly because the Cubs have to play the Pirates and the Cards the rest of the year.  The problem there is they actually have to WIN games, too. 

Go Pirates or Mets.

dillanharp

« Reply #131 on: September 03, 2015, 07:04:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

There's this annoying technical glimmer of hope in the back of my head, but yeah I agree. Done.  This was their one chance to stay close and they blew it.  FUCK.  Just can't do it with all these AAA players in the lineup. 

If anything they have a better chance at getting the last wild card, mostly because the Cubs have to play the Pirates and the Cards the rest of the year.  The problem there is they actually have to WIN games, too. 

Go Pirates or Mets.
Ha! I know, I know. The playoff math will drive you nuts. You think Timmy's coming back?

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2015, 07:30:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Go Pirates or Mets.
[close]
Ha! I know, I know. The playoff math will drive you nuts. You think Timmy's coming back?

Honestly i have no clue, but at the same time I can see the Giants maybe giving him a 1 or 2 year as a consolation prize... I really can't imagine any other team wanting to sign him, although I"m sure they're are some brash pitching coaches out there who think they can fix him.
Really, is he even that much worse than Cain or Heston or Vogelsong?  Yeah he's unpredictable but I'd rather see him out there at this point.

I'd hate to see him go though... he bleeds orange and black mannn.  I still wear my Timmy "FUCK YEAH" shirt.

Currently getting stomped by the Rockies.  Season over.

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2015, 09:46:02 PM »
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!

dillanharp

« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2015, 09:50:22 PM »

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2015, 07:29:07 AM »
you guys see that donaldson play where he jumped over the orioles catcher? fuckin sick haha

Nick..

« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2015, 11:59:32 AM »
Jeff Francis started the WS for Colorado the year Boston won, definitely not a shit career. Bautista hasn't played 1 playoff game, lots of the Jays haven't.

4.0 IP against Boston that year in the World Series, he gave up 10 hits 6 ER... in addition to having a career ERA of 4.95, and never having an ERA under 4... awesome career.

And? The Jays haven't had a team this good since 1993, in addition to the fact that the AL East has generally been one of the strongest divisions in baseball up until this year.

Nick..

« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2015, 12:14:32 PM »
you guys see that donaldson play where he jumped over the orioles catcher? fuckin sick haha
That was Tulowitzki and watching Baltimore completely collapse has been enjoyable to say the least. Can't wait to watch them let Davis walk via free agency for nothing, much like they did with Markakis, Cruz, and Miller last season.

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2015, 12:50:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That was Tulowitzki and watching Baltimore completely collapse has been enjoyable to say the least. Can't wait to watch them let Davis walk via free agency for nothing, much like they did with Markakis, Cruz, and Miller last season.

shit my bad haha i saw the clip on espn right as i left the room and thought it was donaldson

i bet davis will sign with the yankees if he goes somewhere. with a rod winding down and teixeira possibly out, he could 1b/dh. he also played some right field i think, and with beltran having a year left, davis in the outfield could be a possibility.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:53:59 PM by CINCINNATI »

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: September 08, 2015, 03:48:46 PM »
I got a question for you Met fans out there...

what do you guys think about this Matt Harvey situation?  I've been reading about it quite a bit because I need something to distract me for the sunk ship that is the Giants season.

Just curious to what fans think?  (anybody else can chime in obviously)

Tracer

« Reply #140 on: September 08, 2015, 08:27:21 PM »
Harper MVP even though Nats are str8 trash

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2015, 10:29:05 PM »

what do you guys think about this Matt Harvey situation?  I've been reading about it quite a bit because I need something to distract me for the sunk ship that is the Giants season.

First of all, he's a Yankees fan. That in itself says a lot about a person. To me,  he's a diva. Bitched all season about a 6 man rotation, complained in August about getting skipped for a spot start (absolutely regular), now this. He's done a lot of stuff that's bothered me- calling teammates on the pitching staff dirty for having long hair....going to that Yankees game last year on a day the Mets had off.

However it is hard to blame him for thinking about his future...if the guy gets hurt again it will seriously diminish his value. I understand that. But he could have tried his best to keep this situation an in-house issue....maybe impossible though having Scott Boras as your agent.

Not doing the organization any favors....my opinion is- use him as a 7th inning set-up man for the remainder of the season. We really need help in that spot, so that should either humble him & light a fire under his ass- or his true colors of being (my assumption here) a problematic, selfish individual will really come into light. hopefully not though...enough with the distractions, this season has been way too magical!

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2015, 03:25:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

First of all, he's a Yankees fan. That in itself says a lot about a person. To me,  he's a diva. Bitched all season about a 6 man rotation, complained in August about getting skipped for a spot start (absolutely regular), now this. He's done a lot of stuff that's bothered me- calling teammates on the pitching staff dirty for having long hair....going to that Yankees game last year on a day the Mets had off.

However it is hard to blame him for thinking about his future...if the guy gets hurt again it will seriously diminish his value. I understand that. But he could have tried his best to keep this situation an in-house issue....maybe impossible though having Scott Boras as your agent.

Not doing the organization any favors....my opinion is- use him as a 7th inning set-up man for the remainder of the season. We really need help in that spot, so that should either humble him & light a fire under his ass- or his true colors of being (my assumption here) a problematic, selfish individual will really come into light. hopefully not though...enough with the distractions, this season has been way too magical!

goddamn I never heard any of those stories.. he seriously went to Yankees game during the season? 

I agree, I don't blame him at all for thinking about his future, especially if it's doctor suggested.  Although he made two big mistakes: 1) he should've told Boras to shut the fuck up and let the team do the talking.  If you have your agent as your mouthpiece it just makes it look like he's trying to protect you so he can get his huge payday.  Also 2) when he gave a press conference he basically said "yeah, i don't wanna go past 180 innings".  he should've just said "i'll do whatever the team needs me to do" and let all the other stuff go in the background.  Now it looks like he has no heart and could possibly cost the team in the post-season.

However, lucky for you guys you got 5 fucking solid starters so you don't have to worry him Strausberging like the Nats a few years back. 

Keep going Mets!!!  By the looks of it you'll be playing the Dodgers so you will have 3/4 of California rooting for you!

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2015, 04:06:31 PM »
He's going to the Bronx as soon as he's eligible to become a free agent. He did go to one of their games during the season, albeit being late in September last year & the Mets being out of it by the all-star break.

I just don't think he's a "i'll do whatever the team needs me to do" sort of player. Last night he gave up seven earned runs, during a very important series vs the Nationals. Serves him right! But we came back to win down 7-1 so it's all good  ;D

Funny thing about the Giants & Dodgers is that anyone in NY over the age of 65 is still bitter about their move to California. The Mets started off playing at the Polo Grounds where the Giants used to play, and our new stadium was modeled after Ebbet's Field, home of the former Brooklyn Dodgers. Also our team's colors are just a mashup of SF's and LA's. The connection is strong....am scared about the prospect of facing the Dodgers in October though!

Tracer

« Reply #144 on: October 02, 2015, 03:04:57 PM »
1 game playoff is regular. pitt/cubs would make a great series. cards won 100 gotta like their chances this year, jays usually flame out in spectacular fashion

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: October 02, 2015, 03:52:34 PM »
the 1 game wild card playoff is one of the best things going in the post-season.  Awhile back neither Pittsburgh or the Cubs would be in the post season (2nd and 3rd best record in the MAJORS), this way they can still play for it.  However, there has to be some sort of punishment for not winning your division.  That punishment is the 1 game playoff.  I think it'd be hilarious (and sad) for all the hype the Cubs have been getting (deservedly so), that they'd be out after one game.  It's gonna be an AMAZING game too... Cole vs Arrieta? 

Quick eulogy... god-bless the Giants they hung in there almost to the end.  Despite having half the offense on the DL, only one solid starter, a shaky as fuck bullpen and they kept it competitive.  I'm hoping for a lot of unloading as there is a lot of late 30-somethings I really don't want to see on the roster next year.  Get some PITCHING, the lineup is fine as it is.

Although I'm about to become the worlds biggest Mets fan, I'm rooting for the Pirates as they've always been my second team.  Not ready to make predictions, however.  The Cards are clearly the most dominant team but I'd say most of the teams are evenly matched.  Gonna be a dog fight!

So everything is decided except the AL West and the 2nd AL wild card?

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: October 03, 2015, 09:48:42 AM »
The Mets have been puttering out lately, swept by the lowly Phillies, injuries & sickness...now with the hurricane, today they're playing a double header. I think the Dodgers take the Divisional Series in 4 games. In all fairness, The Mets should be the team playing in the Wild Card Game- especially considering that the Pirates beat us in all 7 regular season games this year.

So...I'm rooting for the Mets, Pirates, Jays, Royals....would be neat to see Houston get in as the 2nd WC team.

Anyone but the Yankees and Cardinals! I grew up digging all the teams I mentioned above so the playoffs are gonna be something special regardless. A Blue Jays / Pirates World Series would be such a breath of fresh air for baseball..

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: October 04, 2015, 09:08:40 AM »
tough to see the mets fall against scherzer yesterday. hopefully they'll be back to normal at the start of the nlds

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2015, 11:34:44 PM »
I'm headed to KC on Thursday for Game 1 of the ALDS. Can't fucking wait. I'm a die-hard Reds fan but jumped on the Royals bandwagon last year after their amazing run. Plus, it's the closest playoff city to Denver. Any advice HATE? Whats the best BBQ in town? I've read LC's is good and close to Kauffman.

Go Royals.

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2015, 08:47:17 AM »
"I'm a die-hard Reds fan but jumped on the Royals bandwagon last year after their amazing run. "

....lemme stop you right there..
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius