Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 362992 times)

CurbyPuckit and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #1170 on: March 14, 2023, 04:31:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They've canned stop & chats, but one of this weeks guests is Walker Ryan who has already been on the show, twice. Running on fumes.
[close]

i mean, i have 'complaints' towards them too but their reason for pivoting to this is pretty solid imo. if no one new is in the area to come on should they just not have an episode for that week, two weeks, months? cmon
[close]

Yea bro jogan had Duncan trusell on like 5 times, guess his pod is dying.

Reality is they just can't afford to buy flights and hotels for guests. Doesn't mean they should throw in the towel. The idea of two guests is actually pretty cool, I liked the mikemo malto episode.

I need mindless bs to listen to on my commute to work, nine club does not need to be anything more than that.
[close]

Early Brogan podcast looked liked he was doing to Kevin Smith thing and inviting all his homies and things that connect his broniverse, more people who were in town for the comedy store in LA would end up as guests as that podcast progressed. 

But yea I agree those duncan episodes were my favorites, kind of like mike mo, who I think has a pretty good attitude most of the time when he's on and he's actually funny.   

nine club has 250k sub count which is a good size, and even mr beast has a stale frame work to his videos, they probably do well with the coffee talk approach with hipster dads who want to learn about the skateboarding industry, like how brogan sucked the air out the psychedelic conversation
[close]

In my opinion Rogan hasnt been good since moving to texas. Doesnt seem like people would be as easily accessible over there, correct me if im wrong of course

I still cant believe people watch nine club. As mentioned earlier its just noise to fill in work/commutes unless the guest is someone you like
[close]

Rogan gets private planes for his guests, he'll get anyone that wants to be in JRE
And if, for some reason, he can't make them go to texas he'll fly anywhere with his whole crew to make it, dude spends a lot on logistics

Cunts got more money than brain cells though, so he should

work_lurker

• Rep: 92
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #1171 on: March 14, 2023, 04:32:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They've canned stop & chats, but one of this weeks guests is Walker Ryan who has already been on the show, twice. Running on fumes.
[close]

i mean, i have 'complaints' towards them too but their reason for pivoting to this is pretty solid imo. if no one new is in the area to come on should they just not have an episode for that week, two weeks, months? cmon
[close]

Reality is they just can't afford to buy flights and hotels for guests. Doesn't mean they should throw in the towel. The idea of two guests is actually pretty cool, I liked the mikemo malto episode.

I need mindless bs to listen to on my commute to work, nine club does not need to be anything more than that.
[close]

Early Brogan podcast looked liked he was doing to Kevin Smith thing and inviting all his homies and things that connect his broniverse, more people who were in town for the comedy store in LA would end up as guests as that podcast progressed. 

But yea I agree those duncan episodes were my favorites, kind of like mike mo, who I think has a pretty good attitude most of the time when he's on and he's actually funny.   

nine club has 250k sub count which is a good size, and even mr beast has a stale frame work to his videos, they probably do well with the coffee talk approach with hipster dads who want to learn about the skateboarding industry, like how brogan sucked the air out the psychedelic conversation
[close]

In my opinion Rogan hasnt been good since moving to texas. Doesnt seem like people would be as easily accessible over there, correct me if im wrong of course

I still cant believe people watch nine club. As mentioned earlier its just noise to fill in work/commutes unless the guest is someone you like
[close]

Rogan gets private planes for his guests, he'll get anyone that wants to be in JRE
And if, for some reason, he can't make them go to texas he'll fly anywhere with his whole crew to make it, dude spends a lot on logistics
[close]

Cunts got more money than brain cells though, so he should

He used to pay people to eat the genitals of exotic animals. He was the OG Liver King.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #1172 on: March 14, 2023, 08:29:54 PM »
Maybe it’s the bubble of Slap that makes me think this way, but having Walker Ryan on for the third time while not inviting someone like Ben Degros or Gifted Hater really shows how far off the pulse the 9 Club is.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #1173 on: March 14, 2023, 08:41:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hey dog I hate to break it to you, but Rogan doesn't fly places to interview people. I've been listening to his show since it's inception and he's done maybe less than 5 interviews not in his studio. Those episodes were 5+ years ago too. He's such a big platform that people come to him, not the other way around.

What I'm saying is you're fucking wrong bro and you should feel bad. SHAME.

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 47
« Reply #1174 on: March 15, 2023, 09:32:10 AM »
M-MUD... MMUDDDD I NEED MUD WHOLE LOTTA MUD

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1175 on: March 15, 2023, 10:22:15 AM »
to answer OP original question, I dunno

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
« Reply #1176 on: March 15, 2023, 10:52:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Am I the only one who would love a Nate Greenwood episode? Dude has to have a story. Feel like hes been trying to "make it" since I was like a freshman in high school (im older now)

Sorry mr greenwood i hope you dont take it wrong
[close]

Sherwood love to see an episode about Notorious Nate

they'd have to figure out a way to get him out of Iowa first

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1177 on: March 15, 2023, 02:21:31 PM »
needs mud

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1178 on: March 15, 2023, 02:37:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hey dog I hate to break it to you, but Rogan doesn't fly places to interview people. I've been listening to his show since it's inception and he's done maybe less than 5 interviews not in his studio. Those episodes were 5+ years ago too. He's such a big platform that people come to him, not the other way around.

What I'm saying is you're fucking wrong bro and you should feel bad. SHAME.

The truth about nineclub fans is showing through…..

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #1179 on: March 15, 2023, 07:27:52 PM »
They keep mentioning Bail Gun Gary quitting the show, and they seem kinda salty about it. 

Wonder what happened
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1180 on: March 15, 2023, 07:39:31 PM »
They keep mentioning Bail Gun Gary quitting the show, and they seem kinda salty about it. 

Wonder what happened
who?

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #1181 on: March 15, 2023, 08:21:34 PM »

Wonder what happened

Dude probably just wanted to skate more

They treated him like shit anyway even if it was all jokes

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

TheDingus

« Reply #1182 on: March 15, 2023, 08:24:26 PM »
I think the only issue with nine club is the apathy. I don’t understand why anyone would want to go on if the hosts don’t actually give a shit about them. Makes no sense.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1183 on: March 15, 2023, 10:14:14 PM »

Wonder what happened
what did they say?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Loady McGee

• Rep: 56
« Reply #1184 on: March 16, 2023, 11:54:34 AM »
Expand Quote

Wonder what happened
[close]
who?
Tim Olson. The guy who owns (owned?) The Friendship skateboards and was a part of the Beez crew in Milwaukee.

grandslam

• Rep: 47
« Reply #1185 on: March 16, 2023, 12:42:29 PM »
Skateboarding depends on adaptability to stay alive. The cycle of excitement is winding down. The formula needs to be thought through and revisited.

Nothing wrong with interviewing guests, but the reason other pods stay relevant for years (decades) is that the subject matter changes, and the listener expects that.

Skaters being asked softball questions for years and years is bound to feel deflated, no matter who the next guest is.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #1186 on: March 17, 2023, 11:53:40 AM »
Expand Quote

Wonder what happened
[close]
what did they say?

Maybe it was in the week before the latest but didn’t notice them say anything while I casually watched Wednesday
The chillest1

TheWineClub

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1187 on: March 17, 2023, 01:12:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Wonder what happened
[close]
who?
[close]
Tim Olson. The guy who owns (owned?) The Friendship skateboards and was a part of the Beez crew in Milwaukee.

Wait, isn’t he the guy that made a really suspicious gofoundme about his “stolen camera gear” and showed that he coincidentally had shot a video of all the stolen gear right before it was stolen? Then he cancelled the gofundme after people called that out and he “found” the gear shortly after.

TheDingus

« Reply #1188 on: March 17, 2023, 02:02:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Wonder what happened
[close]
who?
[close]
[close]

Wait, isn’t he the guy that made a really suspicious gofoundme about his “stolen camera gear” and showed that he coincidentally had shot a video of all the stolen gear right before it was stolen? Then he cancelled the gofundme after people called that out and he “found” the gear shortly after.

Yeah. It’s seemed sketchy but he returned all the money.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
« Reply #1189 on: March 17, 2023, 02:08:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Wonder what happened
[close]
who?
[close]
[close]

Hmmm, didn’t know about that.  Also didn’t know he owned “the Friendship”.  Didn’t that company have a very sketchy ending too? 

They mentioned it on this most recent Experience show, and a week or two ago too.  “Well, Bail Gun Gary bailed on the show” or something like that
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 02:46:45 PM by augustmoon »
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #1190 on: March 17, 2023, 02:45:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Wonder what happened
[close]
who?
[close]

Who?

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #1191 on: March 17, 2023, 03:07:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Wonder what happened
[close]
who?
[close]
[close]

Who?

Tim of Tim & Eric Former Rogers of the month March of 2010

He's honestly one of my favorite skaters on Instagram.  Him and Lukeeliott bring the heat

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • rest in peace Loaf
« Reply #1192 on: March 17, 2023, 04:35:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Wonder what happened
[close]
who?
[close]
[close]

Who?
[close]

He's honestly one of my favorite skaters on Instagram.  Him and Lukeeliott bring the heat

Wow I forgot about that Tim and Eric, they were my shit in high school

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #1193 on: March 17, 2023, 04:47:57 PM »
So are we merging the BAM thread here now?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
« Reply #1194 on: March 17, 2023, 06:54:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Wonder what happened
[close]
who?
[close]
not a fuckin clue honey bun and friendship skateboards was some ass 🫰

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #1195 on: March 18, 2023, 04:10:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Wonder what happened
[close]
who?
[close]
[close]

Who?
[close]

[close]

Wow I forgot about that Tim and Eric, they were my shit in high school

Wait, Bail Gun Gary is Tim Olsen of skateboardings own Tim & Eric?  What the heck

Loady McGee

• Rep: 56
« Reply #1196 on: March 19, 2023, 06:47:42 AM »
Not to be confused with comedy duo Tim and Eric. They just happened to have the same names.

assvogel

• Rep: 210
« Reply #1197 on: March 19, 2023, 02:38:22 PM »

Gotta listen to this one tomorrow...

fernando the skater

• Rep: 120
« Reply #1198 on: March 19, 2023, 03:22:42 PM »
I'm betting he mentions Jay Adams a number of times. And I'm also betting that Chris and Co don't bring up the murder Jay was involved in.

TheDingus

« Reply #1199 on: March 19, 2023, 04:19:28 PM »
i mean yeah, fuck jay adams but what is your intended final outcome in wishing they’d bring up jay adams’ past to glen on air? make glen atone for jay’s sins?

I agree. Why the hell should glen need to talk about jays situation? I’m sure they learned from the oblow incident anyway