Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3064460 times)

Pigeon

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #39750 on: September 26, 2018, 10:48:23 AM »
not pissing on a BART phone and finally coming down after eating 30 hits

friendly dave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 738
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39751 on: September 26, 2018, 01:36:42 PM »
The Flyers' new mascot Gritty.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #39752 on: September 26, 2018, 04:52:45 PM »
my wifes dad just randomly gave me a motorbike on the weekend

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #39753 on: September 26, 2018, 07:07:30 PM »
Going on a backpacking trip tomorrow that I've been wanting to do for the last 2 years. Will be a little more strenuous than the backpacking trips I've done before, but should have the whole area to ourselves with great weather and rad mountain views.

Irvine-Sucks.com

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 163
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #39754 on: September 27, 2018, 05:15:34 AM »
Almost finished my new EP, best thing I have ever done. I am happy about it
check my music

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #39755 on: September 27, 2018, 09:17:57 AM »

Damn that's sick! I've always wanted a bike, and I vow that if I ever come across a decent amount of money randomly, I'm buying a bike. Probably a dirt bike though. What Kind of bike is it?

This summer here in Arizona has been a harsh one for me. I have skating less because of the heat, and I drank too much. Got a little too chubby for my liking, and lost that solid feel skating. After more than two weeks of getting back to skating regularly, I finally feel like I'm at a spot of where I was before summer. I feel confident and strong on my feet which is honestly the best. Stoked on that.

Fuck Arizona Summer... it's like the winters in the Midwest.

calvinsdream

« Reply #39756 on: September 27, 2018, 11:55:07 AM »
After a year of donating plasma, ubering, and living in roach filled studio apt for the last year, I've finally gotten some more steady work and my financial shit together enough to move to a better apartment tommorow, in addition to not having to donate plasma again.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #39757 on: September 27, 2018, 12:02:40 PM »
After a year of donating plasma, ubering, and living in roach filled studio apt for the last year, I've finally gotten some more steady work and my financial shit together enough to move to a better apartment tommorow, in addition to not having to donate plasma again.

does donating plasma often fuck you up? im kinda interested in some easy money.

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #39758 on: September 27, 2018, 12:06:51 PM »
i usedta donate some plasma in tempe, 98-99. i never felt off kilter but you're only sposedta go twice a wk so your body can regenerate it. some folks would go to different plasma banks and run into trouble maybe.
i only got about $40 a wk but adjusted for inflation it's prolly like 80 now.

calvinsdream

« Reply #39759 on: September 27, 2018, 12:38:54 PM »
i usedta donate some plasma in tempe, 98-99. i never felt off kilter but you're only sposedta go twice a wk so your body can regenerate it. some folks would go to different plasma banks and run into trouble maybe.
i only got about $40 a wk but adjusted for inflation it's prolly like 80 now.

Expand Quote
[close]

does donating plasma often fuck you up? im kinda interested in some easy money.

Oh shit, I expected to get kind of roasted for having to live off plasma money. Thanks dudes.

The place I go to has it set up so that you get $20 for your first weekly donation, and $65 for the second weekly donation, so you kind of have to donate twice a week to make any money. It takes about two hours on average, so it's an easy boost if you've got the time, and go early in the am. Afternoon waits can push it to 3-4 hours.

It never really "fucked me up", but you definitely feel it in terms of dehydration, and one time I almost passed out when I got home after too much nicotine afterwards. If you get the wrong person to stick you, it can hurt pretty badly, although that only happened twice. She missed my vein so it was drawing plasma was taking forever, and she "adjusted" the needle which meant digging it around in my arm until see finally hit it, although the needle was practically horizontal at that point. I still have recurring pain in that arm from that experience, but it's been minor. Half the time the employees will pretty much treat you like you're homeless and not really give a shit, but almost an extra $100 a week usually made it worth it.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #39760 on: September 27, 2018, 01:26:12 PM »

Oh shit, I expected to get kind of roasted for having to live off plasma money. Thanks dudes.

no judgement here. shit id jerk off in a cup if people would actually pay for it. i think id have to stop smoking weed to get paid for that though.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #39761 on: September 28, 2018, 02:33:25 PM »
"new episodes of MST3K will arrive on Netflix this Thanksgiving"
https://news.avclub.com/exclusive-mystery-science-theater-3000-s-new-season-ge-1829297286

Also I'm going to see Akira tonight.

Going on a backpacking trip tomorrow that I've been wanting to do for the last 2 years. Will be a little more strenuous than the backpacking trips I've done before, but should have the whole area to ourselves with great weather and rad mountain views.
And where are you going? Somewhere in Cali?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1376
« Reply #39762 on: September 28, 2018, 06:23:07 PM »

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1245
« Reply #39763 on: September 28, 2018, 06:56:55 PM »
damn stoked you get to see akira(on the big screen i take it?)

yo i donated plasma for a bit
no shame

but this one time i donated and then went to my buddys crib, took a bong rip and my vision faded out to white
straight up blind for like 15 minutes with my eyes open
fucking scariest shit in my life
i could hear, i could feel, i could taste
eyes open i could only see white
thank goodness my buddy was a good sport, grabbed me some water and talked me through it
never happened again, but i also never donated plasma again...plenty of bong rips though :)
those cheapos only paid out $25 then $35 for a whopping $60 a week.

also pigeon mail me some hits! holy fuck 30?

stoked its payday playas!

« Reply #39764 on: September 29, 2018, 10:42:17 AM »
damn, who died and made pigeon dr timothy leary?
stoked that me and my neighbor glued some metal to a ledge.
stoked i printed another issue of my zine.
stoked nallid sent me some wheels and a t-shirt.

« Reply #39765 on: September 29, 2018, 11:36:03 AM »
I need some help making a zine . What layout did you use ? I知 trying to use pages on Mac
i just write in google docs, add pictures periodically then i go to kinko's and email the file to them as an attachment. the machine prints them as a booklet and you're rockin bossanova!
it's like $3 for the first copy then it gets cheaper so it would behoove you to make more copies at a time than less. usually they'll throw you a free color copy to give you an idear what it could look like if you had money.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #39766 on: September 29, 2018, 11:39:54 AM »
Expand Quote
I need some help making a zine . What layout did you use ? I知 trying to use pages on Mac
[close]
i just write in google docs, add pictures periodically then i go to kinko's and email the file to them as an attachment. the machine prints them as a booklet and you're rockin bossanova!
it's like $3 for the first copy then it gets cheaper so it would behoove you to make more copies at a time than less. usually they'll throw you a free color copy to give you an idear what it could look like if you had money.

Thanks !!

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39767 on: September 29, 2018, 12:53:45 PM »
damn stoked you get to see akira(on the big screen i take it?)

Ya. Second time I saw it in a theater actually.

A friend told me that donating blood/plasma really lowers your alcohol tolerance for a bit too.
I wanna start selling my blood to billionaires, so I don't have to smoke stupid amounts to get high anymore, but it looks like I'm already too old.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2017/aug/21/ambrosia-the-startup-harvesting-the-blood-of-the-young

colin

« Reply #39768 on: October 01, 2018, 03:35:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Thanks !!

Stoked on a friend's reminder that you can still be gnarly and creative in your 40s, you just need to put in the effort - same as it was when we were 12:

hangontoyourego

« Reply #39769 on: October 01, 2018, 04:22:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Thanks !!
[close]

Stoked on a friend's reminder that you can still be gnarly and creative in your 40s, you just need to put in the effort - same as it was when we were 12:

Looks rad ! Can I purchase one ?

« Reply #39770 on: October 01, 2018, 04:58:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Thanks !!
[close]

[close]

Looks rad ! Can I purchase one ?
i messaged ya.

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #39771 on: October 01, 2018, 09:58:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn that's sick! I've always wanted a bike, and I vow that if I ever come across a decent amount of money randomly, I'm buying a bike. Probably a dirt bike though. What Kind of bike is it?

This summer here in Arizona has been a harsh one for me. I have skating less because of the heat, and I drank too much. Got a little too chubby for my liking, and lost that solid feel skating. After more than two weeks of getting back to skating regularly, I finally feel like I'm at a spot of where I was before summer. I feel confident and strong on my feet which is honestly the best. Stoked on that.

Fuck Arizona Summer... it's like the winters in the Midwest.

93 Suzuki RF400R (Japan only model sports/tourer... pretty sure everywhere else got the 600 or 900 versions... all of them use the same chsasis though)

I also reccomend getting a dirt bike... so much fun and riding on dirt makes you better at riding on the road... apparently... plus dirt bikes are easy to wheelie... and doing wheelies at 6am in the morning on a 250 2stroke really improves your relationships with your neighbours.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #39772 on: October 02, 2018, 08:24:40 AM »
found $10 on the ground this morning.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 628
« Reply #39773 on: October 03, 2018, 02:14:54 PM »
finally somewhat figured out back 50s

doublesteveburger

« Reply #39774 on: October 03, 2018, 07:03:59 PM »

what'd ya spend it on?

I bought a car today, it's blue.

Pigeon

« Reply #39775 on: October 03, 2018, 07:20:43 PM »
mashed potatoes

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39776 on: October 03, 2018, 07:23:29 PM »
Adding sour cream to my mashed potatoes recipe was a game changer. One of my favorite foods.

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1609
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #39777 on: October 03, 2018, 07:45:39 PM »
Adding sour cream to my mashed potatoes recipe was a game changer. One of my favorite foods.

a lil' green onion doesn't hurt one bit either
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #39778 on: October 04, 2018, 12:44:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

a lil' green onion doesn't hurt one bit either

Will be making sour cream and chive mashed potatoes for the house tonight, appreciate the tips!

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #39779 on: October 04, 2018, 12:53:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I bought a car today, it's blue.