Author Topic: Skating at work?  (Read 2471 times)

dr. radishh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
Re: Skating at work?
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2021, 10:54:11 AM »
On this day one year ago I was working from home. It was a dry and sunny day and a mate wanted to skate (a Christmas miracle). I was the only one working and by 10am I asked myself who the fuck would call in on the 24th for a house renovation project so I put the phone on airplane mode and went skating. No one ended up calling of course. Looking back that was rad.

nice, i do this one kinda frequently. once it hits 3 and i know i'm not getting any more calls for the day, i skate down the street to an indoor spot. working from home rules

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2021, 03:38:16 PM »
Skating damn near' anywhere haha
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Bakers Bark

• Rep: 5
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2021, 04:39:48 PM »
Worked doing spray foam with some other skaters for a while. One fridays we would have some beers and skate the warehouse

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2021, 05:19:30 PM »
I swear to gosh, I never skate at my work (which has a large main room with smooth/slick concrete floors.)
You don’t have to take my word for it though, @EXTRA SPICY knows I would never violate my boss’s trust like that. Spice is an upstanding sort of homey that would never skate at my work either; he can vouch for my character.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2021, 08:06:42 PM »
I work at a bakery that’s inside of an old school, a spot I used to skate back in the day, and coincidentally where my mom attended elementary in the 60s. All there is to skate at this point is a parking block out back. I’ll go out back occasionally on a break or after I’m clocked out anyway.

https://www.instagram.com/garths_dog/p/CX4QVfjvWE3/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXw_edJJpZQ/?utm_medium=copy_link

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 177
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2021, 08:39:41 PM »
I keep a complete in my office and use it whenever I need to get away. I can't skate the property but skating on the sidewalk around one of the buildings is one mile. Coincidently it's actually closer to skate to WSVT and back. Haven't done that in a while

Robby

• Rep: 15
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2021, 01:48:52 AM »
When I worked construction I would keep a ratty board in my van to use as a dolly or creeper, so occasionally if there was something fun to skate in/around a half built house and no one was around I’d get it out.

Now I work overnight shifts half of the year in an office building. A few times I’ve forwarded the phone to my cell and went to skate some tiny stairs and ledges nearby, or just cruised to a 7/11. There’s also an unfinished vacant floor on this building that I’ve skated once or twice. Smooth concrete with poured manny pads. My boss knows I’ve gone up there and thinks it’s funny, but I’m hesitant to do it more and piss off the owners of the building.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2021, 03:34:17 AM »
The studio were I work used to be the soletech offices for Spain, when we arrived they still had a hubba and a set of stairs. They let me skate it before they did the restoration.

The bathroom was fully covered with emerica, és and etnies stickers.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2021, 03:16:39 PM »
I work in a sweat shop.  I can pretty much skate anytime I want but it’s always slippery on account of all the sweat.  I’ll see myself out.  Happy holidays slappers,

The.Skate.Father

• Rep: 42
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2021, 08:04:02 PM »
Nope, not gonna happen.

Just call me Daddy.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2021, 01:03:59 PM »
I swear to gosh, I never skate at my work (which has a large main room with smooth/slick concrete floors.)
You don’t have to take my word for it though, @EXTRA SPICY knows I would never violate my boss’s trust like that. Spice is an upstanding sort of homey that would never skate at my work either; he can vouch for my character.

@Lou Strux ahem, "Never heard of it."

Mr. Lou's boss is lucky to have an employee with such a strict work/life balance. Overlap? Just for accounts paid.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2021, 02:00:58 PM »
I leave on lunch and go to the skate park pretty much every day I can. Once in a while I cruise downtown and look for spots too.