Author Topic: What was your first set up?  (Read 5356 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
Re: What was your first set up?
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2021, 09:31:29 PM »
I had techdecks of both of those AWS graphics posted.

Darkroom is cool, but it just doesn’t hit like 2000s era AWS.

Oaf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2021, 09:42:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Real James Kelch front me model
Thunder
Spitfire 46(?)mm  I demanded the smallest wheels in the shop! 
Purchased at diesel skate shop Victoria BC.

[close]

Oh man, the things I would do to have that exact set up right now. So sick you asked for the smallest wheels available.  8)

I wish I still had it.  Haven’t even managed to find a picture of the deck online yet.  The biggest pants and the smallest wheels was the style and man did I want to live that life.

Funny thing is I’ve messed around with a bunch of trucks recently and I’m finding thunder is where I’m generally most comfortable.  My current setup 27 years later is real, thunder and spitfires.

dr.prestige

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 329
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2021, 10:20:38 AM »
Expand Quote
I had a green Anti Hero with a graphic of a dagger on it in old sailor tattoo styling. I think it was a Julien board, although I'm not 100% sure. (I'm still trying to look for a photo of that board, I boardslided off the graphic within a year or two of having it. If anyone thinks they have one, please post it, I would love to see the graphic again) I had some Ventures on it and some green wheels, I think they were Think wheels. I can't remember the bearings but they probably were Black Panthers because I remember liking those when I was around that age. I got it from DLXSM when that still existed. I remember I put a big ass And1 sticker on the nose, which goes to show how long ago this was.

I remember my second board was a Pancho Moler Think board that had a graphic of Pancho in a Smurf cartoon running from a bunch of Smurf girls. I had some Ventures that were painted yellow and had a graphic of a bee where the V logo normally goes (I still have those trucks, I considered setting them up when I got back into small boards recently but I don't have the heart to grind with them, they're too sentimental lol). I had another set of Think wheels on that board, I don't know why it took me so long to start skating spitfires lol.
[close]

This one?

That could definitely be it! It's been so long since I saw the graphic that it's hard to tell what I really remember but that's pretty close to what I think it was. I definitely remember the ribbon wrapping around it, and that's definitely the right shade of green. I'm gonna go ahead and say it's that one because I would guess it's pretty unlikely AH would have put out a board graphic that similar to another board of theirs

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

sammyz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2021, 11:26:06 PM »
My first set up was a school desk that my brother and i cut into a shape of skateboard and put rolleskate truck and wheels on it. We both rode it ans were falling a lot, then my brother got a hand-me-down from a guy at school and my mum decided to get me a real board so i dont keep getting thrown off that plank of shit we made! So she bought me a veriflex air attack complete in purple…something like this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/KHzopS6cPTqBYNkH9

About a month or so later i broke the axle on the back truck…but i did learn to ollie on that board before upgrading to a proper Madrid Deck.

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2021, 11:16:44 AM »
Year was probably 2003

Blacklabel deck with a full horizontal barcode with a dead ant over it

Grind King trucks--I had to have the kingpin clearance for the grinds I couldn't do yet

Spitfire wheels

Probably some cheap ass bearings like Black Panthers or something

Other decks I skated in my early days were Zero l, AWS, and a Darkstar which I snapped within like 4 hours
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 11:27:12 AM by MysticalTypeExperience »

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2021, 11:23:13 AM »
Got it for Christmas 2002:

Second one from the Left:

with some Destructos
Lucky Hardware, Risers and Bearings
and some Black Label Wheels.

My dad got it for me from CCS. I thought it was sick, it was a 7.5 if I remember.

Early 2000's Blacklabel crew checking in