Author Topic: Flip of woke  (Read 4400 times)

Shtonk, schralp pal, Nosferatu (+ 2 Hidden) and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Shtonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -419
Re: Flip of woke
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2024, 02:38:21 PM »
This is some deep fried shit. Flip is selling on Public Square, a republican shopping site, and they're selling a series called "Canceled" (sic!) with the old logo font but WITHOUT the iron cross on the "i"

So buying something inoffensive on a Tucker Carlson scam site is gonna offend all the snowflakes how exactly? Site also says "American and Veteran made products" - first time I'm hearing flip product is either of those.

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 6
« Reply #31 on: Today at 05:10:02 AM »
What would you do if you grabbed a banana out of the pantry and when you unpeeled it, the banana was sentient and had your face?

We all know what hole that thing is going in.

2fakie

• Rep: 0
  • Dr. Pepper's kidney stone champion
« Reply #32 on: Today at 06:08:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Flip took out the iron cross on their logo, I thought that'd be less of Tim Pool's vibe?
[close]

I'm sure I've messed up my search algorithm but I checked them out on that Public Square site and they are selling the iron cross font logos as part of a "cancelled" series.

They...cancelled it themselves, right?

This is hilarious given that independent haven't budged in 30 years of this discussion.

ChipSuey

• Rep: 25
« Reply #33 on: Today at 06:17:15 AM »
This is some deep fried shit. Flip is selling on Public Square, a republican shopping site, and they're selling a series called "Canceled" (sic!) with the old logo font but WITHOUT the iron cross on the "i"

So buying something inoffensive on a Tucker Carlson scam site is gonna offend all the snowflakes how exactly? Site also says "American and Veteran made products" - first time I'm hearing flip product is either of those.

What do you mean, Flip is as American as mince pie and drunken 1AM queues at the local chippy!

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1098
« Reply #34 on: Today at 06:20:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What do you mean, Flip is as American as mince pie and drunken 1AM queues at the local chippy!

if you apply a Chinese heat transfer, to a mexican deck in southern California, than that is an American made board by birth right

djoekr

• Rep: 313
« Reply #35 on: Today at 06:28:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Flip took out the iron cross on their logo, I thought that'd be less of Tim Pool's vibe?
[close]

I'm sure I've messed up my search algorithm but I checked them out on that Public Square site and they are selling the iron cross font logos as part of a "cancelled" series.

Cancelled (because we thought we would make more money by removing the logo, but now that it's apparent that we're bleeding cash we might as well market to the alt-right as a last resort, right?) Series.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

InkkeACAB

• Rep: 12
« Reply #36 on: Today at 07:32:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is hilarious given that independent haven't budged in 30 years of this discussion.

when did you last look at any new indy product ? they changed their logo for the same reasons years ago

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 733
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: Today at 07:48:29 AM »
So thats why Appleyard is going back
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

k-nutz

• Rep: 50
« Reply #38 on: Today at 07:58:21 AM »
1)  buy bootleg skateboard product off temu/alibaba
2)  scrape off any identifying stickers, apply American flag sticker
3) sell on delusional group think website at a price higher than you could ever get at a regular retail skate shop

What's the problem here?   

Shtonk

« Reply #39 on: Today at 08:07:39 AM »
3) sell on delusional group think website at a price higher than you could ever get at a regular retail skate shop

What's the problem here?

That would indeed be some radically free market machiavellianistics

k-nutz

• Rep: 50
« Reply #40 on: Today at 08:09:29 AM »
Expand Quote

What's the problem here?
[close]

I'll take and make a bones shop, you can have spitfire.

2fakie

• Rep: 0
  • Dr. Pepper's kidney stone champion
« Reply #41 on: Today at 08:33:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

when did you last look at any new indy product ? they changed their logo for the same reasons years ago

apparently happened in 2022 (is that really 'years ago?'), but fair enough, i've been skating aces and haven't really paid attention to indy. Lot of their product out here still rocks the iron cross so it must just be a bit old.

their new attempts at logos are really bad btw, the only decent one is the one that looks the closest like the old one.

Shtonk

« Reply #42 on: Today at 09:42:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What's the problem here?
[close]

[close]

I'll take and make a bones shop, you can have spitfire.

OMG hahaha Paul Hart pro line will go hard. Maybe bring 88 Footwear back.

Magnolia

• Rep: 455
  • She/They
« Reply #43 on: Today at 10:18:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

apparently happened in 2022 (is that really 'years ago?'), but fair enough, i've been skating aces and haven't really paid attention to indy. Lot of their product out here still rocks the iron cross so it must just be a bit old.

their new attempts at logos are really bad btw, the only decent one is the one that looks the closest like the old one.

Indy will post instagram polls where you can vote yes or no on new shirt designs and I don't think I've ever voted yes. They all look viscerally bad
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: Today at 11:18:32 AM »

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?