Author Topic: Huf is done  (Read 79219 times)

Complements4U

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 397
Re: Huf is done
« Reply #270 on: April 16, 2019, 11:09:05 AM »
I see you guys all off in the distance with your other shoes, mingling, talking. Where's Keith huf has anyone checked up on him? Someone looks across the field at huf shoes, there's keith. He starts pouring gasoline on his shoe store. Now he's ventilating the windows and turning off the gas lines. Keith Whatsup man that doesn't look good? I don't think he heard you go up to him. Naah it's so far away. Then he lights the match and it all goes up in flames,
"oh nooooooooooooooo.......that totally sucks" you utter with apathy as you take a sip of your shitty pabst and continue listening to Chad timtim go off about Boston made and Westgate. The heat on your ass from the fire feels nice. The glow really accentuates Chad's jawline.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2019, 11:10:35 AM »
These corporations are gonna come into skating and get all the money they can out of it before they dump the team on their collective ass because the profits aren't there anymore and that's why you should support skater owned companies like ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2019, 11:22:01 AM »
"We told our riders a year in advance that this is happening and we’re going to support them all the way through 2019. Like, hey, you should start looking for a shoe sponsor, and if they want to ride for another team, I’ll rip up the contract right now."

I actually back it. Business is messy sometimes, but it's good to see people being good people.

That said

"We lost Terps to Nike. I always loved Kevin. "

What the fuck does everyone see in him?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 93
  • Banned from Slam
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2019, 11:34:38 AM »
These corporations are gonna come into skating and get all the money they can out of it before they dump the team on their collective ass because the profits aren't there anymore and that's why you should support skater owned companies like ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Personally I wouldn't mind this happening because it will be sort of a social cleansing for skateboarding. Yea it's going to fucking suck with shops shutting down and parks getting destroyed but I can't wait till skateboarding dies again and becomes uncool.  Looking at the kids today I would say we are almost there.

Shalom is coming...

euro tm

« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2019, 11:41:51 AM »
we gotta band together and get shalom footwear goin

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2019, 11:45:53 AM »

joey brezinkski
tyson bowerbank
terry kennedy
alf 'alphonso' rawls

7 min promo filmed in black & white (homage to mystery black & white)....wow....powerful....
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 11:51:31 AM by honey island »

Front Crunt

« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2019, 11:47:50 AM »
we gotta band together and get shalom footwear shlm ftwr goin

euro tm

« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2019, 12:11:22 PM »
Expand Quote
we gotta band together and get shalom footwear shlm ftwr goin
[close]

fuck i’m slipping. thank you.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2019, 01:58:55 PM »
that broke my heart

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2019, 02:29:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

joey brezinkski
tyson bowerbank
terry kennedy
alf 'alphonso' rawls

7 min promo filmed in black & white (homage to mystery black & white)....wow....powerful....
The revival skateboarding needs
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2019, 03:42:18 PM »
"I see a lot of DMs and things on the internet about people not understanding, but they probably never even bought a pair of shoes, they probably never supported the brand." - KH

The important part is that he wants you to know it's your fault. You are now officially obligated to buy a shit-quality HUF T-shirt or hoodie from Mainland.

I did buy some HUF shoes and they were fucking horrible. Go make some more weed socks you fucking dunce.
THIS. Owned multiple pairs i bought all at once and they were fucking trash

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2019, 03:59:23 PM »
Expand Quote
"I see a lot of DMs and things on the internet about people not understanding, but they probably never even bought a pair of shoes, they probably never supported the brand." - KH

The important part is that he wants you to know it's your fault. You are now officially obligated to buy a shit-quality HUF T-shirt or hoodie from Mainland.

I did buy some HUF shoes and they were fucking horrible. Go make some more weed socks you fucking dunce.
[close]
I genuinely enjoy my Dylan’s a lot but my Classic Hi’s were some of the worst shoes I ever had.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2019, 04:22:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
I genuinely enjoy my Dylan’s a lot but my Classic Hi’s were some of the worst shoes I ever had.

i've bought 3 pairs of the Cromer 1's, they're my favorite shoe i've ever skated.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

A.J.K.

« Reply #283 on: April 16, 2019, 04:23:47 PM »

The important part is that he wants you to know it's your fault.

I don't see what the issue is. No matter how well Huf is/was ran, they need money coming in.

Did Huf initially flow a ton of people shoes? Yep. Did they develop a large team, even putting dudes on in the final year or so? Yep. Did multiple people have pro shoes, presumably receiving higher remuneration? Yep. Did they do a ton of trips and videos? Yep. All these require people buying the product.

Did Huf stop paying people? Don't think so. Did the company kick everyone off and become a zombie brand? No. As he says, they let the team know far in advance what was happening.

the tranny monster

• Rep: -22
« Reply #284 on: April 16, 2019, 04:46:07 PM »
When was the last time Kevin Termining did anything relevant?

KRKD1

« Reply #285 on: April 16, 2019, 04:54:57 PM »

bought tha shit at goodwill tho.. my b fellas

A.J.K.

« Reply #286 on: April 16, 2019, 05:35:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The important part is that he wants you to know it's your fault.
[close]

I don't see what the issue is. No matter how well Huf is/was ran, they need money coming in.

Did Huf initially flow a ton of people shoes? Yep. Did they develop a large team, even putting dudes on in the final year or so? Yep. Did multiple people have pro shoes, presumably receiving higher remuneration? Yep. Did they do a ton of trips and videos? Yep. All these require people buying the product.

Did Huf stop paying people? Don't think so. Did the company kick everyone off and become a zombie brand? No. As he says, they let the team know far in advance what was happening.
[close]
The issue is an accusatory tone towards people who gave a shit enough to ask what was going on. Of course they can stop making shoes if they want. I'm not suggesting anyone was treated unfairly, only that Keith's statement there reveals a commonplace shitty attitude typical of business guys - blame the customer. Not a good look for a successful rich guy.

Bro did you read the interview? You're taking a single line from the entire piece, in which Huf talks about the general business climate, breaks down the cost of operating a shoe co, provides some reasons why Huf is stopping the shoe line, all with as good an attitude as is detectable through text. Arbitrary hate toward people who put their own time, money, and energy on the line is more irritating than an offhand comment.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #287 on: April 16, 2019, 06:19:25 PM »
Why is huf putting people on still when they are done doing shoes next year.

Bizarro Jerry

• Rep: 34
« Reply #288 on: April 16, 2019, 06:26:44 PM »
All I know is the Cromer 1s were actually really nice skate shoes and I will never ever wear a single piece of huf clothing in my life nor will anyone I personally know.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1119
« Reply #289 on: April 16, 2019, 06:41:54 PM »
I personally know a guy getting flowed Huf 's and his go-to trick on ledges is bs board front shuv out. So fuck Huf.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #290 on: April 16, 2019, 07:09:39 PM »
Pretty reputable source I guess, but I'm still gonna need to hear it from a Euro TM.

tedkootz

• Rep: -59
  • my life be like ooh ahh
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #291 on: April 16, 2019, 07:55:28 PM »
im gonna start stocking up on classics and hupper 2s

euro tm

« Reply #292 on: April 16, 2019, 08:15:01 PM »
Pretty reputable source I guess, but I'm still gonna need to hear it from a Euro TM.

how much clearer can this fucking be

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #293 on: April 16, 2019, 08:22:55 PM »

Well some random guy did say that he heard someone at a skate shop talking about it.

Bighugemegajohnson

• Rep: -75
« Reply #294 on: April 16, 2019, 09:25:33 PM »
Huf shoes are like skating in a pair of cardboard keds. Worst shoe company in skateboarding history

Little Debbie

« Reply #295 on: April 17, 2019, 08:49:23 AM »
good interview

Cromer 2s look pretty legit

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #296 on: April 17, 2019, 09:05:59 AM »
Huf shoes are like skating in a pair of cardboard keds. Worst shoe company in skateboarding history

You obviously never skated Nadia Footwear.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #297 on: April 17, 2019, 09:10:05 AM »
"Arbitrary hate" is absolute nonsense. They sold to an investment group who cut the shoe program because it wasn't making as much as they wanted. How does that get a pass? The brand isn't shutting down, they're cutting only skateboarding. Everybody else stays. It's exactly what everyone bellyaches about the big dogs doing (which they haven't) but because Keith Hufnagel made some money it's fine?

Bighugemegajohnson

• Rep: -75
« Reply #298 on: April 17, 2019, 09:16:49 AM »
Im old and had the Henry Sanchez Nadia’s. HUF is still the worst shoe company in skateboarding history. Good riddance

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #299 on: April 17, 2019, 09:46:11 AM »
cutting skateboarding to double weed sock production sounds like a solid move.