Author Topic: Cons purple video of the year?  (Read 14047 times)

colt cannon lunchbox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -92
Re: Cons purple video of the year?
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2018, 01:24:02 AM »
Expand Quote
And maybe Kenny’s footage into one?
[close]

on it

This is why you a legend in the game...

On another note, how is Mike Anderson skating for DLX and Cons, arguably the biggest companies in the industry, and still so underrated?

thomas kook

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2018, 01:43:34 AM »
well, it's krooked and cons not antihero and nike

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2018, 02:38:33 AM »
IS Manderson underrated? I’d have said he’s pretty roundly appreciated

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2018, 02:54:44 AM »
Expand Quote
And maybe Kenny’s footage into one?
[close]

on it

You’re the best! I know you try and stick to crailtap stuff but seriously if you found the time and want to splice together mandersons footy from the last year into one part too I’d honestly Venmo you like $15 bucks hahah. I just really want to see the contrast between the two parts. It felt like he used his gnarlier footage for lsd and his more aesthetic stuff for cons.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

dirtywork81

• Rep: 16
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »
I always thought heelflip indys and pop-shuv tail grabs were a big no-no in skateboarding. Times are changing. Tricks that once were illegal are now accepted and seen in out in the wild. What a time to be alive.

keihaes

• Rep: -21
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2018, 11:48:33 AM »
The video sucked. Bobby's sick but the song sucked. The whole soundtrack sucked. And I don't remember seeing so few full parts in a full length skate video. Why did they filmed only a year for this? Because the brand needs to stay relevant in modern saturated skate video times? Should've taken their time and made a solid video. All the guys I wanted to see only had few tricks. Louie was sick as always but c'mon not a second angle for the ender?

And those trendy New York dudes just make me mad.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2018, 01:58:13 PM »
I liked the way the video was put together. I feel like Ben is still kinda figuring out his style mimicking Strobeck a bit with the zoom ins, but I  think he's a really talented filmer and does it well. It would be hard to put together a video with this crew. 
I feel like some of these corpo brands have to crack the whip on these pros a bit... its embarrassing the lack of footage these pros put out on the big companies. Hate on SP all you want but he at least filmed a full part, I thought it was really enjoyable. I liked the impossible tail everyone hates and I like the pressure flip manny shuvs a lot.

Bobby and Louie obviously ruled. Louie is on some Ishod shit where he is a young legend in the making and can absolutely destroy everything in his path.

fickdiepolizei666

• Rep: -7
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2018, 02:17:56 PM »
was hoping for more al davis footage
dela ruled though (might be my fav. part of the video)

bobby was completely regular

and that video reminded me of how much i dislike sean pablo

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 12:16:38 AM by fickdiepolizei666 »

fakiefrontside

• Rep: -16
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2018, 02:40:22 PM »
Etnies Album was arguably better... just sAying

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2018, 02:40:26 PM »
This video is incredible. Bobby, Louie, Brian Delatorre, and JJ all had such amazing footage. I loved the Eli/Zered/Aaron Herrington part too, and the few clips of KA.

Sean Pablo's part was weaker then i expected and i'm really not a fan of his. Most overrated skater in the industry? I think so

billyerlife

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »
Oh yeah, Two thumbs jammed straight up every trendy little asshole gushing over this thing. Video was boring, pretentious, and entirely overrated, like most of their team. So much better shit has come out this year already.
Especially loved that Quartersnacks, a website entirely funded by Nike as far as I can tell (and I frequent and appreciate the site regardless) "reviewed" it and declared it a masterpiece.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2018, 05:18:50 PM »
I only care about baker4

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1272
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2018, 07:28:31 PM »
if this is video of the year, consider me miles davis

not even halfway through 2018

we have much to look forward to...

habitat
quasi
polar
tws duo?
boys of summer 2?

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2018, 08:37:55 PM »
I always thought heelflip indys and pop-shuv tail grabs were a big no-no in skateboarding. Times are changing. Tricks that once were illegal are now accepted and seen in out in the wild. What a time to be alive.

Lindsey Robertson's heelflip indy in Dying to Live was ACES! He somehow pulled that one off with no questions asked, in an arguably even MORE judgmental era.

I loved Sean Pablo's song, My Bloody Valentine's early shit is so completely different from Loveless... you almost wouldn't even guess that it's the same band!

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2018, 09:08:16 PM »
I've gotta say, I thought it was pretty melodramatic and over-edited in more than a few spots. I can't stand Sean Pablo's skating or style (the My Bloody Valentine song in his part was sick though) and the only thing that sticks out to me about Kevin Rodrigues is how he spends all of every part smoking cigarettes and wearing funny pants.

But, there was some definitely great stuff in there, Manderson, Raney, JJ, Louie, Kenny sightings, Dela, even what little Al had. It wasn't my favorite and I probably won't watch it again, but I can't say I hated it.

eshins

• Rep: -4
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2018, 10:01:27 PM »
I was keen to watch this video since I saw the ads on instagram.

Honestly can't even say I'm disappointed as I've tried to make it through the video 3 times now, 2 of these attempts I nodded off and the other I just gave up.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2018, 10:18:57 PM »
Keyser's part was really gnarly. Awesome video. But I was disappointed in Rodrigues and such.

dirtywork81

• Rep: 16
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2018, 08:44:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lindsey Robertson's heelflip indy in Dying to Live was ACES! He somehow pulled that one off with no questions asked, in an arguably even MORE judgmental era.

I remember Tim O'Connor in the commentary for the Habitat Mosaic video taking jabs at the zero videos specifically making fun of the heelflip indy.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 741
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2018, 09:14:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I remember Tim O'Connor in the commentary for the Habitat Mosaic video taking jabs at the zero videos specifically making fun of the heelflip indy.

As a fat 12 year old, I knew that heelflip indy was fucking garbage.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Skoldbergscones

• Rep: 3
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2018, 10:14:59 AM »
I like green pants.

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2018, 10:54:27 AM »
Nope. Doesn't have "it" to become the video of 2018. I enjoyed Spinning Away much more but that's personal preferences.  Oh look how fucking spoiled we are.

conkelly92

• Rep: 0
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2018, 11:41:43 AM »
Their TM did a terrible job putting together a team, half are milking it, about 1/3 the team went pro but never deserved it. Louie, bobby, milton,JJ, mike Anderson are all rad though

Don't forget about Kenny... homeboy is 42 and still killing it!

Ghost Face Nigga

• Rep: -34
  • Im black
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2018, 07:31:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Their TM did a terrible job putting together a team, half are milking it, about 1/3 the team went pro but never deserved it. Louie, bobby, milton,JJ, mike Anderson are all rad though
[close]

It's funny because I've heard from some mates that Lee [Berman] is a fucking dick DORK!

I've watched Jake's part at least 10 times now, shit puts me in like a trance...

FTFY

Lee at most is a nerd, but he has always been a nice dude to me and the people around him (from what ive seen) i havent talked to him in a long time soo i might be wrong but it would be a huge leap in his character to be a dick now.
Horny 2 Skate

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2018, 07:48:02 AM »

Terrible job that team.  With effort like that they’ll never make it to the Conference Finals.   I guess theyll just have to rate their success by shoe sales instead of video length. 

Also, has it been mentioned Jake Johnson had the same intro they used for each Isle rider in Vase?

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2018, 07:53:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It's funny because I've heard from some mates that Lee [Berman] is a fucking dick DORK!

I've watched Jake's part at least 10 times now, shit puts me in like a trance...
[close]

FTFY

Lee at most is a nerd, but he has always been a nice dude to me and the people around him (from what ive seen) i havent talked to him in a long time soo i might be wrong but it would be a huge leap in his character to be a dick now.

I mean he did try to get my phone number through Instagram and offered a cons box reward for it when all he had to do was send me a message here, I would have responded. That's a lil dickish. Not sure how asking on Instagram would have worked anyways when according to the industry nobody waste their time on Slap ever.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2018, 08:08:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Terrible job that team.  With effort like that they’ll never make it to the Conference Finals.   I guess theyll just have to rate their success by shoe sales instead of video length. 

Also, has it been mentioned Jake Johnson had the same intro they used for each Isle rider in Vase?

jake on isle no quasi part confirmed

Ghost Face Nigga

• Rep: -34
  • Im black
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2018, 10:29:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

FTFY

[close]

I mean he did try to get my phone number through Instagram and offered a cons box reward for it when all he had to do was send me a message here, I would have responded. That's a lil dickish. Not sure how asking on Instagram would have worked anyways when according to the industry nobody waste their time on Slap ever.

woof, why was he in pursuit for you number?

also i totally get why no one in the industry waste their time with slap, they make a ton of more $$$ ignoring our opinions and doing what they want. imagine if they cared? soo many of their breadwinners would be gone lol
Horny 2 Skate

eyodu

• Rep: -35
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2018, 10:38:26 AM »
The video sucked. Bobby's sick but the song sucked. The whole soundtrack sucked. And I don't remember seeing so few full parts in a full length skate video. Why did they filmed only a year for this? Because the brand needs to stay relevant in modern saturated skate video times? Should've taken their time and made a solid video. All the guys I wanted to see only had few tricks. Louie was sick as always but c'mon not a second angle for the ender?

PREACH

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2018, 11:10:57 AM »
it's too bad the entire 50 min wasn't 15 min bobby, 15 min Louie, 15 min JJ, and a couple min intro/outro. I can't get enough bobby footage, he is something special A la Suciu, Gillette etc. The Eno song made for brilliant edit. I've never been bummed on sage/sp/krod in the past, but i sure am moving forward. Nuge and Brophy just completely blew it, they're not for me anyways but just shameful showing for the high paying shoe sponsor. To be out footaged by Baca and Jessee is a comedy.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -678
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2018, 03:39:35 PM »

Would you have preferred trap or punk rock? What would have pleased you?
Rest in peace Dick Dale.