Author Topic: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session  (Read 65518 times)

vinithebr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
Re: Tell Us About Your Last Skate Session
« Reply #810 on: September 05, 2022, 10:47:30 PM »
Spent a long ass time trying to nollie out of bs crooks without much success, and after that I practiced fakie big flips, I landed a couple sketchy ones I just can't keep my body over the board.

Also there was this older dude, like in his late 30s, skating ledges pretty well and he said he just got back into skateboarding, like second day skating, which is neat and a bit relatable so that made me happy as fuck.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
« Reply #811 on: September 06, 2022, 12:05:46 AM »
I didn't stretch and felt like my board was too short. didn't warm up properly, telling myself I would mostly watch my friends try to film.
Wound up talking myself into trying to get a clip, banged my face twice on the ground, hurt my shoulder and knee, but I kept trying even though i knew it was stupid and no one wanted to see me try it. I was trying to come around a corner, boardslide a short handrail, then drop to bs onto a ledge a couple feet off the ground. Mercifully I broke my board so I had to stop. It's taken a couple days to recover, gonna try to go back at it tomorrow.

smooth-T

• Rep: 1
  • Eat dat shrimp
« Reply #812 on: September 06, 2022, 12:46:33 AM »
It's been a while since I last skated but the last session was one to remember. I was visiting NYC for the first time, Was skating with a dude working for Jenkem (He was a great guy!!). I was warming up for a line at the pyramid ledge. My idea was to do a flip from the four stair and then some bs noseslide variation on the ledge. But just before I was starting to try the line I thought it would be good to do some flips from the three stair but then I fucked up my ankle and had to go to the hospital. God bless my European health insurance it was all free, still made me mad as fuck tough. Still recovering from it, two months later.

Hubba Bo-Tep

• Rep: 43
« Reply #813 on: September 06, 2022, 03:14:44 AM »
Teach me- I can only do the ones where you travel sideways, plenty of pop amd height but I move back loads.

DMd you, dude.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2022, 03:39:49 AM by wrinkletusk »

nonickname

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #814 on: September 06, 2022, 02:48:57 PM »
Nothing much but at the same time noteworthy - have been off due to a back injury combined with some mental fog for what seemed like forever and with Labour Day rolling around I remembered growing up I'd always go fishing with my Dad and then go to this little take out spot for burgers on the way home to end the summer. Just a little tradition we'd have. So thinking I needed a new mini tradition I decided that first day kids are back at school I'd hit a park at lunch, hoping it'd be empty, with a mostly new set up (deck and trucks). So after dialing in the trucks I just worked on my ollies up a small ledge and some horrible grinds on a mini quarter. Some things worked, some didn't (wiped out on a F/S grind on the quarter and fell hard for a hipper) - but I got out, I fought through stuff that would have had me seeing red a little while ago and now am going to BBQ for the family and see how the kids did 1st day back. Cheers!
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1414
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #815 on: September 06, 2022, 09:22:45 PM »
got to skate fort miley for a while today. shit was ill.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 178
« Reply #816 on: September 07, 2022, 07:12:42 AM »
Met up with my old housemate at the slappy curb after work. Was a fun little sesh, Both got a couple new tricks. Been working on my slappy fs smiths and starting to get them grinding longer now. Back at it tomorrow night at the local for a sesh with a few friends.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 959
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #817 on: September 07, 2022, 10:05:05 AM »
Met up with my old housemate at the slappy curb after work. Was a fun little sesh, Both got a couple new tricks. Been working on my slappy fs smiths and starting to get them grinding longer now. Back at it tomorrow night at the local for a sesh with a few friends.

I can't slappy front smith. That shit is hard AF. It's hard for me to properly slappy fr 5 oh. I'm like going to pinch and drag my tail all fakie switch front crooked like

Backside it's no problem. I have I'll control imo that way.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #818 on: September 07, 2022, 10:40:23 AM »
It was cold but managed to film a line and re-learn an old trick.
Decent.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #819 on: September 07, 2022, 11:07:17 AM »
Had a nice solo slappy sesh on Sunday morning with a bs crook to regular as the highlight. Was exhausted after one hour and had trouble breathing in the night. Checked into the ER today, turns out my lung has collapsed once again and now I am laying in the hospital with a tube in the lung.

Woah. That sounds heavy. I hope you are doing better by now and can go back home soon.

My last sesh was sunday. At a small DIY spot with rusty nails everywhere. Got a few clips, fell a lot on my ass and now I have a fever and feel sick.
IG: @flowterspace

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #820 on: September 07, 2022, 12:11:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Had a nice solo slappy sesh on Sunday morning with a bs crook to regular as the highlight. Was exhausted after one hour and had trouble breathing in the night. Checked into the ER today, turns out my lung has collapsed once again and now I am laying in the hospital with a tube in the lung.
[close]

Woah. That sounds heavy. I hope you are doing better by now and can go back home soon.

My last sesh was sunday. At a small DIY spot with rusty nails everywhere. Got a few clips, fell a lot on my ass and now I have a fever and feel sick.

Thanks. I had the surgery today and hope to get out by Sunday. I wish you a speedy recovery too.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #821 on: September 07, 2022, 12:26:24 PM »
It was neat. Filmed my first clip since breaking my ankle a year ago.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1268
« Reply #822 on: September 07, 2022, 12:50:00 PM »
couple of skraaaaaks and a few fttttthhhssss

Mount St. Hermdog

• Rep: 8
« Reply #823 on: September 07, 2022, 01:34:26 PM »
a tweaker showed up talking to me while I was skating and shit, and I had to make a hasty exit from the park :(

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #824 on: September 07, 2022, 03:05:26 PM »
Record heat yesterday at 116, 117 in some areas. Worked all day in a bakery with no ac, got off and chilled with the homie in his dark ass air conditioned house. Got out around dark and it was still over 100. Went to two different Slappy spots and didn’t land shit, got super close to Slappy feeble to fs bigspin out. I already landed one but the homie filmed it in time lapse ☹️🤣

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #825 on: September 07, 2022, 08:00:33 PM »
Skating an 8.25 for the first time in 5 years and it’s so nice.

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 178
« Reply #826 on: September 07, 2022, 10:13:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can't slappy front smith. That shit is hard AF. It's hard for me to properly slappy fr 5 oh. I'm like going to pinch and drag my tail all fakie switch front crooked like

Backside it's no problem. I have I'll control imo that way.

It's taken me longer than I'd like to admit to get it actually grinding hey, at first I was basically just stalling on the curb in smith. figured out going fast af, having my back foot in the pocket and as soon as I get into smith really pushing heel side forward has helped me a lot.

I'm the opposite, I struggle with most bs slappy tricks FS just works me I don't know why because I'm more comfortable with bs grinds on a ledge.   

vinithebr

• Rep: -20
« Reply #827 on: September 07, 2022, 11:07:23 PM »
It's a big holiday here so the skatepark was full of kids running around covering almost the entire place, I was the only one skating and to avoid the headache of dealing with their parents I just decided to stay by the flatbar and polejam which were a bit far from the kids.

1 hr or so later a local showed up and started doing some heavy gnarly shit and in less than 10 minutes every family went home realizing that bitching or not their kids could end up in a hospital, looks like I need to learn aerials and spine transfers, one day..

Right after that we played a few awesome games of skate without trick repetition, I landed a couple ones that I never tried before, easy awkward stuff like switch front shuv and fakie varial but that's still cool.
Another highlight was a very clean and high fakie big flip that felt amazing.

I think I lost inward heelflips though which sucks, I used to have those on lock a while back.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #828 on: September 08, 2022, 08:02:35 AM »
Warming up and first primo slam in a few months on a nollie pop shuv of all things... that's never happened before. Caught me unawares and went straight to the floor.

Pretty much set the tone for the rest of the session, had a months worth of dings/scrapes and knocks in the space of an hour.

Deffo the worst session of the year sofar.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 959
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #829 on: September 08, 2022, 08:46:05 AM »
Got the V back. Now today I'ma go fakie.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Kumiko

• Rep: 56
« Reply #830 on: September 08, 2022, 09:05:34 AM »
Went to the skatepark this morning. In two hours landed like one or two front boards on a curb and a didn't land shit else save for maybe a kickflip or two on flat. Was fun.
i love skateboarding all the time, but sometimes i wish i was one of those douchebags who hangs out with hot girls and parties every week

231st Street

• Rep: -211
« Reply #831 on: September 08, 2022, 09:19:06 AM »
Skated through bronx park on shaped board with large spitfires.  Carves and slides.  Short van cortland skatepark session following on street board-airs, ride on grinds, largely failed flat ground attempts.  No notable tricks landed or attempted!  Pretty good session though.  Got the longest manual I've gotten in a long time.

Skatebeard

« Reply #832 on: September 08, 2022, 11:26:22 AM »
Got the V back. Now today I'ma go fakie.

Fakie varial flips are fun as hell.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #833 on: September 08, 2022, 01:23:53 PM »
got a fs flip and a tre at the local pyramid with the 360 camera
they were my lunch break tricks, got 30 minutes to skate and then back to work  ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 01:32:04 PM by mooraga »

Skatetron580

• Rep: -12
« Reply #834 on: September 08, 2022, 07:45:47 PM »
skated after eating a big meal and getting four hours of sleep did fairly well for a low energy session

aiden

« Reply #835 on: September 09, 2022, 08:24:59 AM »
skated a curb for 45 minutes, failed to kickflip successfully and then pulled a muscle in my shoulder. i think i'm getting old.

Skatebeard

« Reply #836 on: September 09, 2022, 08:31:39 AM »
skated a curb for 45 minutes, failed to kickflip successfully and then pulled a muscle in my shoulder. i think i'm getting old.

I pull something fairly regularly these days, seems to be a part of skating in your 30s and beyond no matter your warmup or diet etc.

I skated again today despite yesterday's slam.

Landed primo two days running, varial flip this time. Primo slams for me are like buses, none for ages then they all come at once.

My neck hates me even more now.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #837 on: September 12, 2022, 01:18:05 AM »
First roll in 3 months, it didn’t look pretty but at least I got back out there!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FUBAR

• Rep: 237
« Reply #838 on: September 12, 2022, 02:09:04 AM »
skated a curb for 45 minutes, failed to kickflip successfully.i think i'm getting old.
This sums up my last four sessions.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #839 on: September 12, 2022, 02:28:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I pull something fairly regularly these days, seems to be a part of skating in your 30s and beyond no matter your warmup or diet etc.

I skated again today despite yesterday's slam.

Landed primo two days running, varial flip this time. Primo slams for me are like buses, none for ages then they all come at once.

My neck hates me even more now.

Hydrate.