Author Topic: Italians hate Nigel  (Read 7606 times)

NorthShore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Re: Italians hate Nigel
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2022, 07:58:22 AM »
i know it was a circusy trick but the judges couldnt find it in their hearts to score the man 1 extra point to put nigel on blast to make him deliver for 1 final trick? not only is that a disrespect to the skater but it was a complete disrespect to the fans watching it. clown ass bitches

Maybe SLS judges would go and create this kind of situation but the judges in Rome actually made a good call. Nyjah was on a roll, that fakie flip nosegrind was messed up and the switch heel NG was also superb.

Not to forget his run! I actually like the new scoring system where one run has to count. Hope they do the same in SLS.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2022, 09:32:58 AM »
auralien got a free 92 score for the missed tre nosegrind anyway

nigel handled his business. never seen anyone do a fakie flip nosegrind down something. pretty insane along with his other tricks.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2022, 10:11:18 AM »
auralien got a free 92 score for the missed tre nosegrind anyway

nigel handled his business. never seen anyone do a fakie flip nosegrind down something. pretty insane along with his other tricks.

that is actually a good point. you shouldnt really win a contest based off an accidental noseblunt.

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2022, 10:19:18 AM »
I know it's way to late to dial back on comps and Olympics and all the rest but is there a way skateboarding can at least not do national anthems? I haven't watched it yet but I'm assuming if there's national anthems there's also people draping flags over themselves like a cape which is another thing I think skateboarding can do without.

Not to ruin your day or anything but go ahead and swipe on over to the fifth slide…

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2022, 11:51:28 AM »
I haven't seen any footage of this but just by going off of what is written down I would way rather see a switch heel nosegrind and a fakie flip nosegrind down a hubba than a hardflip late flip over it

I know it's Nyjah but that trick selection is gorgeous compared to Aurelien's. Fakie flip nosegrind is such an elite trick

They're both fucking jocks at the end of the day anyways so who cares

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2022, 12:24:27 PM »
I haven't seen any footage of this but just by going off of what is written down I would way rather see a switch heel nosegrind and a fakie flip nosegrind down a hubba than a hardflip late flip over it

I know it's Nyjah but that trick selection is gorgeous compared to Aurelien's. Fakie flip nosegrind is such an elite trick

Agreed. Nyjah is nyjah but Aurelian is fucking unbearable in my opinion.

Did someone intentionally scream right as Nigel popped on that fakie flip nosegrind to fuck him up? (Third slide in his Instagram post above) That’s just poor taste no matter who is skating, this shit is dangerous. I don’t want either of these dudes to get hurt, I just want them to go away.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2022, 01:12:15 PM »
I can’t believe I’m saying this but Nigel was my favourite to watch in that. He was switching up his lines and doing shit I never seen him do, seemed to be having fun. Aurelien had a huge bs 360 but that hardflip lateflip was little kid tech deck shit.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2252
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2022, 01:35:35 PM »
Strange, thought I logged onto Slap today but I find myself in a thread about whether Nyjah or Aurelien Giraud should have won an olympic qualifier.

rukes

• Rep: 217
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2022, 03:00:11 PM »
Nyjah won it because he still gets out and films decent street footage. The judges respect that.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2022, 04:58:18 AM »
Those stinkin' hardflip lateflips should have scored minus points, geeza deserved to lose as much as I hate to see Nyjah win

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2022, 06:05:57 AM »
I watched this run yesterday with some american announcer. He kept saying the run was "a little bit of sketch." Then at the end as they are watching the replay the announcer calls himself out saying "What am I talking about there is no sketch in this run at all."   "A 3 trick combination." LMAO! The whole run was flawless. It was a 13 trick combination run.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2022, 06:43:38 AM »
Those stinkin' hardflip lateflips should have scored minus points, geeza deserved to lose as much as I hate to see Nyjah win

if aurelian would have bigflipped, or bs 360 kickflip that gap, i think it would have been worth more than that dumb ass trick. he thought he was onto something clever with that shit or something. mahybe was thinking it is worth a lot in THPS cause you get another multiplier.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2022, 12:32:51 PM »
Finally watched it. Nigel skated far better than anyone else

Aurelian tossing his boards into the crowd and hugging everyone only to still come second was such a Leticia moment

Couldn't help but laugh at that.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2022, 12:50:10 PM »
Just watched Aurelian's run.. 7 tricks and a lot of running compared to Nyjah's 13 trick's. We say less is more but not in this case.

newguy

« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2022, 05:42:20 AM »
Expand Quote
I know it's way to late to dial back on comps and Olympics and all the rest but is there a way skateboarding can at least not do national anthems? I haven't watched it yet but I'm assuming if there's national anthems there's also people draping flags over themselves like a cape which is another thing I think skateboarding can do without.
[close]

Not to ruin your day or anything but go ahead and swipe on over to the fifth slide…

hahahahahaha the monster hat is just too perfect.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2022, 09:33:26 AM »
proof all the talent and skill in the world can still look like shit.  skateboarding is art and these guys are not artist.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -86
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2022, 07:38:53 PM »
I can’t hate on Nyjah. One time when I was hanging out with him, I confessed I had never made out with a woman before. Him being the incredible man he is, immediately let me know not to stress about it. It’s okay and not weird, I’m not a weirdo. He then moved closer and offered his mouth as a practice mouth! We are best friends and i’ve seen him skate, so I know many women have kissed him so he’s had a lot of practice. I knew if I wanted to be good, this was my best shot. My best friend, a gold medalist and now the one that made me the incredible kisser that I am today. Him and I are just friends.

dakotalofton

• Rep: -21
  • Nothing I say you will like
    • YOUTUBE avatar image
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2022, 08:13:15 PM »
i mean i don't mean to hate but those tricks Aurelian's are doing are just gross as hell and illegal he skates like a really good 13 year old. I know its good for the progression of skateboarding, but nyjah just makes it look better.
****IF YOU DON'T FUCK WITH BRONZE56K YOU WHACK AS FUCK****

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
  • registered SLAP offender
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2022, 07:34:07 AM »
What's up with the chat accusing one of the Argentinian finalists (Matias Dell Olio) of abusing women?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 07:51:35 AM by Prostate Exam »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2022, 02:57:54 PM »

I 100 agree about fakie flip fakie nose grind. It’s definitely one of my favorite tricks in the history of skateboarding. So fun on any obstacle. It almost always locks into round flat bars too. Ad a to forward or SWITCH BiG SPIN!!! Dayem that’s a hammer.

Same with the opposite trick fakie heel fakie front nose grind. I can still do that on curbs sometimes. To fakie 50 almost every time. Always flips fast and looks good too.

I can’t stand most late flips. I’m not big on hard flips that go vertical. Fakie hard is dope no matter how it flips tho.

Ari should do that hard late flip thing backwards. I’m pretty sure they would win most every best trick contest. Probably depends on if the second trick is caught. No one wants to see an HStreet lick Woodward clip style trick in the Olympics? Is that what we talking about here.

Let’s think about it tho. If you told me at any time in the history of late flips that people would be doing them in the future in an Olympic run.?.!.”

I’d giggle at you and say something like nice one! And roll off to skate alone unless you was giggling too.

I’m not going to watch the mens games tho anyway. I couldn’t care about it less.

I would like to nyja do that fakie flip into fakie 5 oh. That would get me going.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2022, 09:02:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

hahahahahaha the monster hat is just too perfect.

can tell his dad is somewhere loosing his shit everytime he does this

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2022, 01:26:17 PM »
This fascinating piece of sports analyst from DumbData

long story short: Nyjah competitive advantage is playing the judging rule book. Repetition is frowned upon. AG doing multiple hardflip variations in the finals led to diminishing returns from the judging

This will effect my future watches

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2022, 01:30:42 PM »

long story short: Nyjah competitive advantage is playing the judging rule book. Repetition is frowned upon. AG doing multiple hardflip variations in the finals led to diminishing returns from the judging

The repetition is frowned upon thing is weird. You could Ollie into every trick or even kickflip into a bunch of stuff and it's fine but heelflip into two tricks and it's like oh fuck this guy all he does is heelflips. (Or in this case hardflips)

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2022, 05:05:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
The repetition is frowned upon thing is weird. You could Ollie into every trick or even kickflip into a bunch of stuff and it's fine but heelflip into two tricks and it's like oh fuck this guy all he does is heelflips. (Or in this case hardflips)

The Skin-Side-Down Effect