Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3066187 times)

wuust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #32670 on: July 24, 2013, 03:33:43 PM »
bakereurotour: seeing reynolds fs flip and herman hardflip!
Reading about a new Youness part coming out this august.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #32671 on: July 24, 2013, 03:53:52 PM »
My summer is going by fast and I'm working during the Civic holiday weekend so I'll be getting paid time and a half.

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #32672 on: July 24, 2013, 06:11:15 PM »
Went for a bike ride today in a neighboring neighbor hood and found this spot from fred galls part in mosaic.

Ive got nothing to bring to this spot but was still cool to find.

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #32673 on: July 25, 2013, 12:30:59 AM »
Went for a bike ride today in a neighboring neighbor hood and found this spot from fred galls part in mosaic.

Oh come on, you gotta atleast try
@idealhandmades

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #32674 on: July 25, 2013, 05:06:47 AM »
found some old footy I thought was lost, and saw a friend's debut pro graphics for the fall, so stoked for him!!!

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #32675 on: July 25, 2013, 03:45:10 PM »
I have on headphones cause I was watching a skate video and I'm in the same room as my gf's father and her sister... her dad thinks I have music playing or something and is singing his heart out, I'm struggling so hard to contain myself right now. HOYL FUCK HE JUST SANG "DO YOU WANNA GET NASTY?!"

Oh my god, this dude is a ~60 year old Filipino dude that sings in only one note, this is fucking phenomenal

"I KNOIW YOU WANT IT, YOU'RE A BAADD GIIIRRLL"

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #32676 on: July 25, 2013, 06:56:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Oh come on, you gotta atleast try

What caught my eye was that hip. Its bigger than it looks and was gonna go back for that.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #32677 on: July 25, 2013, 07:16:38 PM »
I have on headphones cause I was watching a skate video and I'm in the same room as my gf's father and her sister... her dad thinks I have music playing or something and is singing his heart out, I'm struggling so hard to contain myself right now. HOYL FUCK HE JUST SANG "DO YOU WANNA GET NASTY?!"

Oh my god, this dude is a ~60 year old Filipino dude that sings in only one note, this is fucking phenomenal

I really hope you surreptitiously recorded that on your phone or something.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #32678 on: July 25, 2013, 08:26:30 PM »
Im getting married.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32679 on: July 25, 2013, 11:15:02 PM »
Im getting married.
Congratulations! Get stoked!

foureyedjim

« Reply #32680 on: July 26, 2013, 12:00:21 AM »
Settling in nicely at my new job calling insurance companies at this acupuncture clinic.  It's minimum wage, but it's super easy and my boss is lenient with my schedule.  Even gave me lunch my first day on the job.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #32681 on: July 26, 2013, 02:58:27 AM »

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32682 on: July 26, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I really hope you surreptitiously recorded that on your phone or something.

I didn't, fucking blew it, I know. I'll get it next time. For an approximate visual aid...

Meant to post that in Things that Made you Laugh Today, but I'm also really stoked on it too, so it fits.

Also, skated 50+ blocks last night after getting toasted at a buddy's spot. Managed to get a little line along the way, no comply over a parking block, then no comply pole jam one of those floppy plastic traffic posts. Bangers for days

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #32683 on: July 26, 2013, 05:17:23 PM »
My girlfriend just sent me a text to let me know that she just yelled "longboards don't count!" at some kids. She's kind of cool.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Shredsledder

« Reply #32684 on: July 26, 2013, 06:03:51 PM »
haha that's sick.

I met Gino today in the bronx, he's a nice dude. It was like 80 and breezy today, perfect weather for a 5 hour skate session.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #32685 on: July 26, 2013, 08:07:16 PM »
Totally didn't get arrested last night after three cops saw my friends and I smoking a bong on their roof. They just told us to get a medical card so next time they won't have to bother us haha
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

here

• Rep: -2
« Reply #32686 on: July 27, 2013, 09:15:22 AM »
I'm stoked on reading this thread and finding out about intermittent fasting. My intestines are feeling liiiiight!

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1501
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32687 on: July 27, 2013, 01:44:11 PM »
translated a jersey barrier brochure and resisted the urge to slip in a deerman reference

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 739
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #32688 on: July 27, 2013, 06:10:52 PM »
I've had a Poler bag that I got a year and a couple months ago, that at the beginning of the month had one of the zippers break. I dropped it off at Poler to see if it would be fixed under a warrenty or something. About two weeks later they mail me a brand new next generation version of the pack, which I'm guessing will probably come out soon, with a bag liner, bigger outer pockets, a chest strap with an emergency whistle, gear loops, and way better zippers. As well as some nice little freebies in the box. Proper customer service. Its nice being able to support a company that backs skateboarding for my non-skateboarding needs.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 06:13:40 PM by friendly dave »
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Shredsledder

« Reply #32689 on: July 27, 2013, 08:01:14 PM »
today I watched the sun set as I did the backstroke across a lake

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #32690 on: July 28, 2013, 02:06:09 AM »

Next Chocolate Camper Vans Series - Hecox

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #32691 on: July 28, 2013, 05:57:48 AM »
Cleaned up the house and threw 9 plastic bags worth of stuff away.

Now I have room to buy all the new stuff I possibly cant live without.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #32692 on: July 28, 2013, 12:18:10 PM »
My kickflips are pretty random; I mean I can do them pretty consistently, but one second I'll have them looking really good and leveled out, and the next second they're super rocketed and shitty looking. For the past few days they've been really good though. I've been able to get them leveled out and a bit higher than usual, and it feels nice. Went street skating with the homies last night and I ended up doing a super nice, tweaked out one over this decent sized ledge. It felt so damn good.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32693 on: July 28, 2013, 12:29:58 PM »

[]http://skateboarding.transworld.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/440/files/agenda-2013-sneak-peek/IMG_6944.jpg[/img]

Whooaaaa those look like some early-2000 choco graphics! So sick. Only difference is the names on the bottom.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #32694 on: July 28, 2013, 08:24:59 PM »
Inherited an iphone today... I could probably post this in things you are stoked on but not stoked on, cause I don't want to be one of those fucks who stay looking at their screen all day. Time to get an instagram and get all the industry news with a quickness...

foureyedjim

« Reply #32695 on: July 28, 2013, 08:37:20 PM »
Inherited an iphone today... I could probably post this in things you are stoked on but not stoked on, cause I don't want to be one of those fucks who stay looking at their screen all day. Time to get an instagram and get all the industry news with a quickness...

It's inevitable.  If you have it, and you're even slightly bored, I can almost guarantee you'll reach for it.

ChewyPoo

• Rep: -5
« Reply #32696 on: July 29, 2013, 12:46:23 AM »
My kickflips are pretty random; I mean I can do them pretty consistently, but one second I'll have them looking really good and leveled out, and the next second they're super rocketed and shitty looking. For the past few days they've been really good though. I've been able to get them leveled out and a bit higher than usual, and it feels nice. Went street skating with the homies last night and I ended up doing a super nice, tweaked out one over this decent sized ledge. It felt so damn good.

Patrick Burke Syndrome

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #32697 on: July 29, 2013, 01:22:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Patrick Burke Syndrome

that's a compliment.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #32698 on: July 29, 2013, 03:12:02 AM »

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #32699 on: July 29, 2013, 07:14:07 AM »

I don't think I've ever wanted to get a Chocolate board as badly as I do now. Too bad there's not one with Pappalardo's name on it.