Author Topic: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon  (Read 276787 times)

Reed Richards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
Re: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon
« Reply #450 on: August 29, 2022, 10:53:13 AM »
Some of y'all just can't wait for a Black skater to do anything just so you can complain.  See also Kader, Tyshawn, Nak, KB, Neen, Robert Neal, Stevie, etc.  Basically anybody Black besides Ishod, Samarria, and I guess Jahmal Williams gets shat on for very telling reasons.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #451 on: August 29, 2022, 10:53:56 AM »
my ignore list growing by the second
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

BRINK

• Rep: -937
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #452 on: August 29, 2022, 10:54:15 AM »
Shoutout to everyone who visited my LinkedIn and are no longer anonymous … 😂

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1066
« Reply #453 on: August 29, 2022, 10:55:42 AM »
How can anyone back this shit?

In all fairness, this video is 10 years old.

It’s amazing how little is required to be a pro skateboarder. You don’t have to enter contests, put on demos and now it seems like you don’t even have to film a video part.

Has anyone else ever turned pro w/o a full part?

work_lurker

• Rep: 82
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #454 on: August 29, 2022, 11:08:47 AM »
“Sincerely, the professional.”

Honestly did not know about Beatrice prior to this thread, but have since lurked insta to develop a slight understanding. Her post about going pro and the caption, referenced above, was insanely pretentious. Her skating is hard to watch. She's not bad, but she's not someone I would describe as "good". Her trick selection and her style don't really mesh well. She's filmed on a lot of curbs, skateparks, and parking lots. All fun stuff to skate, but not stuff you film and label as "putting in work." Did she bondo those cracks on the sidewalk for her manuals? Did she break out the lights and generator when the skatepark lights got shut off? Did she spend a weekend in jail for trespassing after having a warrant issued for non-paid parking tickets? I'm guessing at most she got a few shinners, and maybe heard some nasty (unwarranted) things said to her. Really weird world we're living in. Her going pro is comparable to a 9 year old youtuber making millions of dollars. Like, "Yeah, I guess that's happened. Doesn't make sense. Kind of wish that was me"

To clarify, not trying to disrespect her as a person, but her skateboarding lacks a certain "tastefulness". I honestly don't know enough about her to accurately have an opinion on her personality, but from what I've read, she's apparently pretty chill.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #455 on: August 29, 2022, 11:13:49 AM »
Some of y'all just can't wait for a Black skater to do anything just so you can complain.  See also Kader, Tyshawn, Nak, KB, Neen, Robert Neal, Stevie, etc.  Basically anybody Black besides Ishod, Samarria, and I guess Jahmal Williams gets shat on for very telling reasons.

What are those reasons?

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1434
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #456 on: August 29, 2022, 11:29:21 AM »
It seems more common these days. Has Rayssa had a full part? She's clearly the best female skater on the planet, but does she have a full part anywhere? The Hollywood High clips was dope, but I was hoping she'd put out an edit with her pro boards.

Johnny $witchblade

• Rep: -87
« Reply #457 on: August 29, 2022, 11:45:24 AM »

Again with that race card bullshit? Grow up

Goodcurbs

• Rep: -279
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #458 on: August 29, 2022, 11:52:39 AM »
Expand Quote
How can anyone back this shit?

[close]
The fake steez is so hard to watch
Painful
It's not fake. She's a student of Dill. I back 1000%

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #459 on: August 29, 2022, 12:15:55 PM »
Brink’s resume is impressive and I would date him.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #460 on: August 29, 2022, 12:39:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What are those reasons?
Racism.  People go extra hard on Black skaters for anything possible on here.
Expand Quote
[close]

Eat a dick.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #461 on: August 29, 2022, 12:49:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It seems more common these days. Has Rayssa had a full part? She's clearly the best female skater on the planet, but does she have a full part anywhere? The Hollywood High clips was dope, but I was hoping she'd put out an edit with her pro boards.

Rayssa has 6.4M IG followers (as opposed to Beatrice’s 870k).   That’ll turn anyone pro, let alone some who rips as hard as Rayssa. 

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -486
« Reply #462 on: August 29, 2022, 12:51:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn this got funny. I stand by what I said previously . But that Instagram post with dill sending her alien boards and Shit and then the caption being “ the stone YOU builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone” is pretentious and dumb af . You’re literally posting an email of the biggest industry taste maker of the last decade wanting to hook you up. Who rejected you lol? Like that’s basically the complete opposite of struggle when you’re day one flow for the biggest brand of the last decade. As Kendrick Lamar once said “  sit down, be humble”
[close]

Can you link me to that post ?
[close]

The irony of putting humble beginnings in quotations  and that pretentious ass quote is clearly lost on her.
[close]
Don't you have to be an egomaniac riding for FA? I thought that was the whole point of it.

Yeah you have a good point . I mean that energy got her where she is. And as I said before it’s a good place to be long term for skateboarding. There’s more black and female skaters making money than ever and this will only push that so fuck it. She’s not gonna get better at skating so we might as well just kill the thread and take the good things from this.

You want skill we got rayssa and I’m sure Shane has her working on a part. I mean there’s no way he’s not gonna capitalize on having two olympians from foreign countries. Hes gonna have two whole markets locked down for years off that.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

work_lurker

• Rep: 82
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #463 on: August 29, 2022, 01:04:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Damn this got funny. I stand by what I said previously . But that Instagram post with dill sending her alien boards and Shit and then the caption being “ the stone YOU builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone” is pretentious and dumb af . You’re literally posting an email of the biggest industry taste maker of the last decade wanting to hook you up. Who rejected you lol? Like that’s basically the complete opposite of struggle when you’re day one flow for the biggest brand of the last decade. As Kendrick Lamar once said “  sit down, be humble”
[close]

Can you link me to that post ?
[close]

The irony of putting humble beginnings in quotations  and that pretentious ass quote is clearly lost on her.
[close]
Don't you have to be an egomaniac riding for FA? I thought that was the whole point of it.
[close]

Yeah you have a good point . I mean that energy got her where she is. And as I said before it’s a good place to be long term for skateboarding. There’s more black and female skaters making money than ever and this will only push that so fuck it. She’s not gonna get better at skating so we might as well just kill the thread and take the good things from this.

You want skill we got rayssa and I’m sure Shane has her working on a part. I mean there’s no way he’s not gonna capitalize on having two olympians from foreign countries. Hes gonna have two whole markets locked down for years off that.

Another valid point, you don't get better once you're pro. You're pro because you got better. I know some people have gotten that pro nod only to fall off shortly after.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #464 on: August 29, 2022, 01:49:32 PM »
Brink’s resume is impressive and I would date him.
impressive would be Brink interviewing a young skater without hitting on him one time

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -293
« Reply #465 on: August 29, 2022, 02:05:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What are those reasons?
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Eat a dick.

Mate, it’s equal across the board, let’s look at some examples of people going “extra hard for anything possible”

Cody Mac - Yeah he’s good, but his hair and toothpic suck, also he changed his clothing.

Miles Silvas - He’s faking his style (how you can fake style while doing what he does is absurd)

Shane - Doesn’t look like his having fun

Brad Cromer - He’s one of the best, but he follows this certain person on instagram so he sucks

Jamie Foy - His footage is bad because he’s bigger set

The list goes on and on. I’m not denying that racism exists, but people come here to discuss skating and comment on skating, reaching criticism (even slap levels of criticism) is evenly spread and has been for some time.

Johnny $witchblade

• Rep: -87
« Reply #466 on: August 29, 2022, 02:08:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What are those reasons?
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Eat a dick.

Don't be homophobic dude

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #467 on: August 29, 2022, 02:10:11 PM »
i dont have a video part and can 50 50 shuv out can i be pro pls

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #468 on: August 29, 2022, 02:14:30 PM »
who’s brad follow that makes him suck?

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #469 on: August 29, 2022, 02:19:26 PM »
Wish people didn't make things about me when I just came here to contribute my thoughts

Shoutout to everyone who visited my LinkedIn and are no longer anonymous … 😂

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -293
« Reply #470 on: August 29, 2022, 02:20:07 PM »

Ive seen comments about him posting or following conspiracy stuff I guess - my point was that his social media posting or following has zero to do with how he skates.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #471 on: August 29, 2022, 02:48:14 PM »
Shoutout to everyone who visited my LinkedIn and are no longer anonymous …

Man, it’s gotta be pretty dead out there if every new view on your LinkedIn is definitely from Slap.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -762
« Reply #472 on: August 29, 2022, 03:05:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ive seen comments about him posting or following conspiracy stuff I guess - my point was that his social media posting or following has zero to do with how he skates.

He's an anti vax loon

I couldn't care less but some people on here are upset
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #473 on: August 29, 2022, 08:20:07 PM »
not reading anymore pages of his bullshit but, mods… can we get rid of you know who? he’s truly insufferable. calls us all racist/sexist & then when is put in his place says he’s “just taking the piss” or “going with the flow”. dudes an absolute dipshit. how about we all pay tribute to forrest edwards clowning him on the weekend buzz & maybe reflect on it in a different way than we initially did before with now knowing of his true personality.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

LebowskisRug

« Reply #474 on: August 29, 2022, 09:37:39 PM »
17 pages in and she's still not appealing to watch skateboard and Dill is still exploiting her gender, race, and followers to cash out. Unless there is some huge community outreach on her part that we don't read about it seems like an obvious and scummy play on his part and he's gaslighting people into claiming she has good style or whatever.

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #475 on: August 29, 2022, 11:46:37 PM »
I would rather watch a Benny Magliano made Beatrice Diamond part than a modern full-length from:

-enjoi
-toy machine
-plan B
-girl
-chocolate
-buisness and company
-thank you

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #476 on: August 29, 2022, 11:54:46 PM »
17 pages in and she's still not appealing to watch skateboard and Dill is still exploiting her gender, race, and followers to cash out. Unless there is some huge community outreach on her part that we don't read about it seems like an obvious and scummy play on his part and he's gaslighting people into claiming she has good style or whatever.

"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

excitableboy

• Rep: 92
« Reply #477 on: August 30, 2022, 01:49:32 AM »
so much cognitive dissonance going on here. the same people who go to bat for the "skateboarding isn't a sport" take and hate on things like Street League that attempt to place a value-based judgement on technical skill in skateboarding also are the first to cry foul when they perceive that someone is being rewarded whose skill level is lower than whatever standard they've created in their own head. which one is it? is skateboarding about technical skill, or is it about creativity, style, and the way it makes you feel when you watch it? i think most of us would probably say it's about both, at least in some capacity. but if it's about both, and we have all accepted that there's room in skateboarding for people who rely pretty much exclusively on technical skill with little to speak of in terms of creativity, style, "sauce", etc... why can't we say the same for giving the same value to people like Beatrice who probably fall more into the "makes you feel something when you watch their skating" camp and don't rely as much on technical skill? no one's asking you to say that Beatrice possesses the same technical skill on a skateboard as a Nyjah, Suciu, Yuto, PJ, P-Rod type, or even the same technical skill as other successful women in skateboarding like Rayssa, Alexis, etc. The only thing getting a pro board means is that people enjoy watching your skateboarding enough to buy product with your name on it, and it's abundantly clear to me that people (maybe not the people you deem to be important or have the most valuable opinions, but people nonetheless) enjoy watching her skate and will buy her board. If they don't, then I'm sure FA will pull her board. It's really as simple as that imo

I think people in this case see neither. I hear you about style vs skill but the point made in here is that this instance stretches the notion thin. You're right of course, lots of people like to watch her and that's all there is to it. Evidently many on here don't see the appeal though - tricks, style, nor creativity - nothing dissonant about that.

She is far better and better looking on the board than Taylor Silverman, about whom the same point was raised. I don't recall if BRINK crashed that particular thread with charges of antisemitism, but, probably so. That guy keeps it real.

Coldcut

• Rep: 34
« Reply #478 on: August 30, 2022, 02:17:03 AM »
I would rather watch a Benny Magliano made Beatrice Diamond part than a modern full-length from:

-enjoi
-toy machine
-plan B
-girl
-chocolate
-buisness and company
-thank you

thats exactly what i think:)

IpathCats

« Reply #479 on: August 30, 2022, 07:42:07 AM »
Man, I use to be on the whole "i dont get why these girls get sponsored when i can skate better than them" train. But I'm over that.

Myabe I'm getting older, maybe SLAP is rotting my brain. But in reality, in terms of females getting sponsors/turning pro (not accolades for their skills) it really is just about marketing, and nothing else. These companies stand to tap into the growing market of female skaters by doing this, it just makes sense. So good for her and good for FA i guess.

I'm over being bitter about less skilled people getting shine, its literally NOT about skill at all, its just marketing. You're not gonna catch me out here praising Beatrice's underwhelming skateboarding though. Be happy for her, call it what it is, but dont sit here and act like "SHE'S RIPPING BRO!" that shit is so fucking phony, and honestly seems a bit patronizing. Pretty sure Beatrice knows where her skills are at in the grand scheme of skateboarding.

Side note, there are a million dudes that rip at the top level but arent hooked up, why? because theyre not marketable. That's why we have clowns like that chris kid on powell with 1" thick eyeliner skating oldschool boards. He needed to stand out/be marketable.

Good for Beatrice
/endrant