Author Topic: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon  (Read 276767 times)

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
Re: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon
« Reply #1590 on: July 21, 2023, 06:07:43 AM »
B eat rice deniers Vs B eat rice truthers
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

ThomasShitt

« Reply #1591 on: July 21, 2023, 06:20:42 AM »
B eat rice deniers Vs B eat rice truthers

Dill rubbing his hands together like birdman

HeavyAndExpensive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 114
« Reply #1592 on: July 21, 2023, 06:26:01 AM »
Expand Quote

This is a genuine question not meant to insult you or make fun of you, sleepy:

How old are you? What is your general age range?
[close]

Why, you want to engage in ad hominem attacks based on whether I'm too young to know better or too old to have a valid opinion on a skater who's a grown, almost 30 year old woman? It shouldn't matter how old I am.

He's asking a genuine question. I think it is because you are coming off as quite combative and a little immature, and honestly reminded me of a teenager.

Nobody is trying to police your opinions or anything, just maybe tone it down a bit, its coming off a bit aggressive and has a lot of "you can't tell me what to do you're not my real dad" vibes when some posters are trying to engage you amicably.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1299
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1593 on: July 21, 2023, 06:29:23 AM »
I think Sleepy's attitude's been fine. Yall just don't want a woman's opinion. Maybe take some of the insane slack yall throw beatrice and throw it her way.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 109
« Reply #1594 on: July 21, 2023, 06:37:05 AM »
I think Sleepy's attitude's been fine. Yall just don't want a woman's opinion. Maybe take some of the insane slack yall throw beatrice and throw it her way.

This. Sleepy's been on point the whole time, although a little long winded at times, lol.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #1595 on: July 21, 2023, 06:38:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Why, you want to engage in ad hominem attacks based on whether I'm too young to know better or too old to have a valid opinion on a skater who's a grown, almost 30 year old woman? It shouldn't matter how old I am.
[close]

He's asking a genuine question. I think it is because you are coming off as quite combative and a little immature, and honestly reminded me of a teenager.

Nobody is trying to police your opinions or anything, just maybe tone it down a bit, its coming off a bit aggressive and has a lot of "you can't tell me what to do you're not my real dad" vibes when some posters are trying to engage you amicably.

Nah that was definitely condescending as hell. If you gotta preface something with “not trying to insult you” it’s already not off to a great start.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #1596 on: July 21, 2023, 06:38:50 AM »
I always gnar sleepy even though I don’t particularly like her posts because what she is doing it is very important and she should be celebrated just for logging on to this heavily male dominated wooden toy discussion board.

HeavyAndExpensive

« Reply #1597 on: July 21, 2023, 06:44:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nah that was definitely condescending as hell. If you gotta preface something with “not trying to insult you” it’s already not off to a great start.

You're right I should've been a total dick about it

sle_epy

• Rep: -95
« Reply #1598 on: July 21, 2023, 06:50:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Obviously you haven't read the thread, I've offered reasonable positions and critiques. For every one of you, there's someone else who agrees with me and doesn't take any issue with what I have to say.

I've also engaged with several ppl here over dm's and hashed things out and found common ground so how about you mind your own business. I don't care what someone like you thinks about me on a skateboard message board tbh.

Keep it moving bro, don't make it personal. If you have questions or want me to clarify my position I will but beyond that anything else about me is literally none of your concern or once again, business. Strong opinions and people who are outspoken drive these boards. You're welcome for having smthng to talk about.
eau de toilette: Sk8IQ by Sle_epy

HeavyAndExpensive

« Reply #1599 on: July 21, 2023, 06:54:20 AM »
I don't disagree with you and I don't think I've posted at all in this thread prior to that comment, just chill FS180 2.0

sle_epy

« Reply #1600 on: July 21, 2023, 06:56:06 AM »
I don't disagree with you and I don't think I've posted at all in this thread prior to that comment.

Consider me responding to him, and anyone else who thinks it. I'm sure he'll see it. Also if you poke around in the threads sounds like ppl also find him annoying but here he is. And here I am too.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #1601 on: July 21, 2023, 06:59:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You're right I should've been a total dick about it

I imagine that wouldn’t be hard for you. And I was referring to Ed.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1602 on: July 21, 2023, 07:06:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think you should "tone it down a little" yourself. dudely. Your coming off as a basic deutschbag. This is Slap and you suck. No one needs your opinion on how they should act or feel. How are my vibes?

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

mindfuzz

• Rep: 35

HeavyAndExpensive

« Reply #1604 on: July 21, 2023, 07:11:23 AM »
God this thread can't get locked soon enough

sle_epy

« Reply #1605 on: July 21, 2023, 07:14:59 AM »
God this thread can't get locked soon enough

Why, it's been a fun one and no one is going overboard imo. It's been kept pretty grounded in the reality of the situation. More of a debate than a shit all over someone thread. We've mostly discussed being a pro skater and what that should entail. So what if some ppl are passionate about their opinions? I feel bad for ppl who aren't.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1606 on: July 21, 2023, 07:50:28 AM »
This thread is fucking great please keep it going
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

sle_epy

« Reply #1607 on: July 21, 2023, 07:58:30 AM »
This thread is fucking great please keep it going

I've been enjoying myself so far.

Septa Bus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #1608 on: July 21, 2023, 08:15:30 AM »
seems about time for an egg thread.

What’s your favorite form of egg? With or without toast/a side?

personal favorite is the bread slice and hash brown in the toaster and make a open faced dippy egg sandwich. Then dipping my naughty, soaking wet bread potatoes in the mess I’ve made. you dirty, dirty breakfast.

Expand Quote
This is shaping up to be Bunt of the Year
[close]
I hope you like home runs fucker

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1609 on: July 21, 2023, 08:19:22 AM »
seems about time for an egg thread.

What’s your favorite form of egg? With or without toast/a side?

personal favorite is the bread slice and hash brown in the toaster and make a open faced dippy egg sandwich. Then dipping my naughty, soaking wet bread potatoes in the mess I’ve made. you dirty, dirty breakfast.

Eggs are disgusting Kelly

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #1610 on: July 21, 2023, 08:26:35 AM »
Ngl Beatrice is cute AF, ya’ll can hate and be bitter. I’d be the white boy trying to get it.

I back. She's very beautiful.

Can I be in the wedding?
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Bumba

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1611 on: July 21, 2023, 08:28:08 AM »
I think this has been a great thread.

It's funny that we've gone from Big Brother magazine to "I'm not sure it's safe to talk about the skill of another skater"

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1612 on: July 21, 2023, 08:35:14 AM »
This is a fucking great thread but where TF is the footy?
Can't wait for the shitstorm coming Slap way.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Bumba

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1613 on: July 21, 2023, 08:37:52 AM »

I'll be here to either eat humble pie and admit that she's pro level or to roast her for being shit

sle_epy

« Reply #1614 on: July 21, 2023, 08:44:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'll be here to either eat humble pie and admit that she's pro level or to roast her for being shit

Same if her part is dope. History is history in terms of what she has said and done, but if the part is good I'll take back all the stuff I've said about her skill level despite what others may think. I have zero issues changing my opinions due to a good reason.

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #1615 on: July 21, 2023, 09:08:17 AM »
I feel like Vans is leveraging people's negative opinions on Beatrice to drum up controversey and arguments for the sake of attention and sales. I don't like that.

sle_epy

« Reply #1616 on: July 21, 2023, 09:15:28 AM »
I feel like Vans is leveraging people's negative opinions on Beatrice to drum up controversey and arguments for the sake of attention and sales. I don't like that.

It's a complete demographic grab, but it doesn't actually surprise me. Vans isn't all that different from cariuma and cariuma is trying to be the next vans which is more a lifestyle brand and less of a skate brand than people think. They're both primarily going after the same mall dollars.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #1617 on: July 21, 2023, 09:16:37 AM »

I don’t see how that could be remotely their plan.   There have been plenty of skaters dogged with negative opinions that no one wants to touch.   Vans doesn’t even obliquely acknowledge the controversy either.   The only thing I could possibly imagine is that she had people negotiate her an extremely savvy contract that mandated colorways or her other colorways moved enough units to give her more.   

sle_epy

« Reply #1618 on: July 21, 2023, 09:18:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t see how that could be remotely their plan.   There have been plenty of skaters dogged with negative opinions that no one wants to touch.   Vans doesn’t even obliquely acknowledge the controversy either.   The only thing I could possibly imagine is that she had people negotiate her an extremely savvy contract that mandated colorways or her other colorways moved enough units to give her more.

They put her on hoping to draw in a different demographic, and they hope most of those people don't skate because there's way more of them than us. If skating ceased to exist they wouldn't go out of business but all the core companies obv would.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1299
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1619 on: July 21, 2023, 09:19:01 AM »
Untitled by , on Flickr

Marie De Courcy (formerly Myley) no longer getting shoes after 2 or more years flow by vans. Even if you heavily back Beatrice, you have to admit Vans is doing dogshit for the movement to get non traditional skaters in the spotlight. In the midst of layoffs, they decided to give another colorway while never bumping Chandler or Marie up from flow. They must have decided in the meeting that one trans rider (Cher Strauberry) is enough representation.