Author Topic: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon  (Read 276767 times)

work_lurker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
Re: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon
« Reply #3660 on: November 16, 2023, 05:41:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What the fuck is Clyde's delusion in that post??

Sure, he's been around and is a legend in skating, but these "facts" are anything but. So many of these points are either wrong, illogical, or don't make sense.

Idk, maybe I'm overreacting, but it seems like he doesn't actually know whats going on in skating currently
[close]

Right?  Who are the mediocre skaters getting sponsored?   Everyone rips, it’s just a matter of its to your taste or not
[close]

Well, not. Everyone,,.

Don't, forget Florida. is more, important to skateboarding than, California.
[close]

I’d love to hear some nuanced reasoning for some of the items on the list, this one in particular.
[close]

You familiar with Rodney Mullen?
[close]

No, never heard of him. Sounds like a pussy name.
[close]

So why are you here then? Thought you were everyone’s pal buddy but you’re just a chump. Obviously.
[close]

I was making a Berra joke from the BATB13 thread.

Of course I’m well acquainted with Rodney’s skating. I’m pushing 40 years old!

While we’re on the subject of Rodney, I’d argue that while yes he had invented numerous flip tricks, he didn’t really actually do anything with them.. not until pushed by Mike Ternasky.

Yes he’s an innovator, but I’d argue the Gonz and Natas are what shaped modern street skating. Then of course you have your Pat Duffy’s that took it to that whole next level.

All these people accusing Rodney of not doing anything with the tricks he invented, have you guys actually watched his parts recently? He was doing shit over 20 years ago that would be insane if it was done today. Not only did he switch crook fakie varial heel out the top of a school table, but here are some other memorables:

Impossible nose manual nollie flip out (also did a nollie impossible out)
front crook nollie hardflip out a school bench
back 5-0 varial heelflip top of a school table to nose manual a smaller bench below
halfcab crook nollie inward heel
halfcab crook nollie back heel out
front crook nollie backside flip out
front crook nollie hardlfip out

he also darkslid like a 12 stair hubba as well.

My mans was tech as fuck beyond the freestyle we all know him for. He's done some insane stuff that is easy to overlook.
PUT SOME RESPECT ON MY MAN'S NAME.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

AxelFoley

« Reply #3661 on: November 16, 2023, 07:52:55 PM »
Rodney Mullen cry tooo much. He needs to find some balance.

Bruh have you seen him manual? He is super balanced

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #3662 on: November 17, 2023, 04:45:18 AM »
Who is your favorite Floridian skater Pals?

I guess mine is Andrew. I like John Montesi too. Oh yeah I like Tyler tho I can't remember his last name because of the Tyler berries guy

Is Joel Meinholtz (spelling may be wildly off here) a FL guy? I thought he is and I love him.

Puddy Smally

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #3663 on: November 17, 2023, 05:34:35 AM »
Expand Quote

I guess mine is Andrew. I like John Montesi too. Oh yeah I like Tyler tho I can't remember his last name because of the Tyler berries guy
[close]

Is Joel Meinholtz (spelling may be wildly off here) a FL guy? I thought he is and I love him.

Yeah, but do you LOVE love him?
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Septa Bus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #3664 on: November 17, 2023, 07:06:52 AM »
if you got a positive rep above double digits, you def asked the teacher if they are collecting the homework. you asked where my hug at? you value acceptance of others over dying on your own theoretical hill - to internet fucknerds no less. kudos but you a silly silly goose and i will clown you to my 2 friends
Expand Quote
This is shaping up to be Bunt of the Year
[close]
I hope you like home runs fucker

finecojeffe

• Rep: 129
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #3665 on: November 17, 2023, 09:22:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

spelled it right, and yeah he's in Miami. At least he's usually in Miami.

Crabby_Bastard

• Rep: 55
« Reply #3666 on: November 17, 2023, 09:22:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
spelled it right, and yeah he's in Miami. At least he's usually in Miami.

Lives in Miami. From Milwaukee.
How much for an order of ribs?

work_lurker

« Reply #3667 on: November 17, 2023, 12:16:56 PM »
if you got a positive rep above double digits, you def asked the teacher if they are collecting the homework. you asked where my hug at? you value acceptance of others over dying on your own theoretical hill - to internet fucknerds no less. kudos but you a silly silly goose and i will clown you to my 2 friends

Takes a silly silly goose to know a silly silly goose, now where my hug at G?

Septa Bus

« Reply #3668 on: November 17, 2023, 01:54:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Takes a silly silly goose to know a silly silly goose, now where my hug at G?

prizzalips is the silly silly goose for deleting their comment realizing they took the bait LOLLL

ill hug you on principal
Expand Quote
[close]

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #3669 on: November 17, 2023, 03:09:19 PM »
sometimes I change my mind.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #3670 on: November 17, 2023, 04:03:13 PM »

Probably taking the bait here, but fuck_that_guy posts only that and has triple digit rep off like 40 posts

love_that_guy
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Septa Bus

« Reply #3671 on: November 17, 2023, 04:34:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Probably taking the bait here, but fuck_that_guy posts only that and has triple digit rep off like 40 posts

love_that_guy

i mean i appreciate these reponses, im literally just floppin the nuts on the message board
Expand Quote
[close]

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #3672 on: November 17, 2023, 06:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ also Paul Schmitt (and Chuck Hults)’s deck/concave innovations also, and various ramp innovations (including the first use of flatbottom).

(Not saying I agree necessarily, but examples of further points)
[close]

Oh yeah.

Kona too
[close]

I prefer Columbian blends to Kona these days. Just a tad more depth of flavor.
[close]

Ethiopian yirga, natural process. accept nothing less
[close]

Bustello and pilon g. Mix a little quick and a small small amount of sugar and some soy milk.

I can't do it as much because I gotta go buy a loose smoke from the street to go with my coffee. Which is usually about a 45 minutes mission unless it's the first or 15th

See

White folks can't buy loosies or any other contraband at the bodega anymore. It was difficult in the 90s and 00s too.

They know that almost all whites are softer than a cloth diaper full of baby shit on a hot summer day. And it's only a matter of time till they get caught up in some non related crimes and rat off everything they ever seen in their lives.

I almost never never to engage in any level of crime with other unknown Whites.

It's fuckin suicide.

Man I want a smoke and a coffee.

I hate that I'm basically a slave to nicotine.

I'm in kinda a bad mood this day. Now I'm thinking about all the people who betrayed me over the years

Awesome

Anyone got any good sci Fi to share. Get my mind off all the years and years my family lost to the corrupt ass System.

Smash Whitey off his high horse yesterday.
[close]

I understood about a third of that and it seemed insulting.

Book or show/movie? Because I've been reading all of the Alistair Reynolds books lately and they rule. The Revelation Space universe is such a good series.

I don't think I've watched any good sci Fi lately. Maybe Arrival is the best in the last few years, outside of some of the Star Wars ones. First couple seasons of Mando are good.
[close]

I'll check it out.

The last series I enjoyed was the Expanse.

I like shit like that.

Yeah that post sucked. I've just been thinking about how many times I've been innocent in jail.

My little brother did 10 years on a bullshit charge. Lost his second kid. Almost 2 kids if me and my mother hadn't been there.

I fuckin hate the system. It's legit a meat grinder fueled by lies and it's painful.

Have you ever read any Philip K. Dick novels? I recommend starting with Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said (1974) or Ubik (1969), then moving on to The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch (1964) or any of his sixties novels. Like Mark E. Smith/The Fall and Rainer Werner Fassbinder in their respective disciplines, he was an insanely prolific speedfreak. He’s also my favorite Science Fiction writer by far.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 134
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #3673 on: November 17, 2023, 06:55:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Mike Daher (I guess he is from New Jersey but I've always thought of him as a Florida guy)
[close]

Daher is the best answer

Agreed. His older brother apparently rode for the original Blind team, but I guess he fell off pretty quickly. He also came up with the term “focus” for stomping your board.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #3674 on: November 26, 2023, 02:03:29 PM »
Unironicaly Beatrice would win another womens batb. Unless Leticia Bufoni is there. If they could even do it again.
?
alexis, breanna, samarria, una, rayssa, need i go on

Tonyhawk-prostate

• Rep: -114
« Reply #3675 on: November 26, 2023, 02:08:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Unironicaly Beatrice would win another womens batb. Unless Leticia Bufoni is there. If they could even do it again.
[close]
?

Agreed. It’s just a Beatrice is so basic that’s her flat ground is actually her main thing may be higher up in women’s category, but still really standard in general. I’d rather see a una double flip than hers anyway. I only put it in the context of the first and only woman’s batb. Which was the weakest shit ever.
Big fat nollie tre

Tonyhawk-prostate

« Reply #3676 on: November 26, 2023, 02:20:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
?
[close]

Agreed. It’s just a Beatrice is so basic that’s her flat ground is actually her main thing may be higher up in women’s category, but still really standard in general. I’d rather see a una double flip than hers anyway. I only put it in the context of the first and only woman’s batb. Which was the weakest shit ever.

The bar was too low for those games to a point where beatrice got some of the more “complex” tricks of womens batb
Big fat nollie tre

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #3677 on: November 26, 2023, 02:55:35 PM »
Is there any reference point for a guy skater that's comparable to Beatrice?  Barely has a grasp on tricks, only has a handful but is well supported and sponsored by the industry for whatever reason?  She falls more on the influencer / youtuber side of the newer industry, but I don't really know anyone in that world supported by the core skate industry like she is.

Tonyhawk-prostate

« Reply #3678 on: November 26, 2023, 03:22:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
?

MARGIELYN
Big fat nollie tre

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #3679 on: November 26, 2023, 03:59:04 PM »
Is there any reference point for a guy skater that's comparable to Beatrice?  Barely has a grasp on tricks, only has a handful but is well supported and sponsored by the industry for whatever reason?  She falls more on the influencer / youtuber side of the newer industry, but I don't really know anyone in that world supported by the core skate industry like she is.

Crail has had people like Brophy who has never done anything of note (or at all) while sponsored by them, but he had parts for Cliche

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #3680 on: November 26, 2023, 04:10:03 PM »
Is there any reference point for a guy skater that's comparable to Beatrice?
Sam Tabor

prisoner223

« Reply #3681 on: November 26, 2023, 04:29:02 PM »
Shane Heyl?

frontshuv

• Rep: -16
« Reply #3682 on: November 26, 2023, 04:34:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Is there any reference point for a guy skater that's comparable to Beatrice?
[close]
Sam Tabor

he 360 flipped picnic table on flatground

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
  • Get bent
« Reply #3683 on: November 27, 2023, 07:09:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What the fuck is Clyde's delusion in that post??

Sure, he's been around and is a legend in skating, but these "facts" are anything but. So many of these points are either wrong, illogical, or don't make sense.

Idk, maybe I'm overreacting, but it seems like he doesn't actually know whats going on in skating currently
[close]

Right?  Who are the mediocre skaters getting sponsored?   Everyone rips, it’s just a matter of its to your taste or not
[close]

Well, not. Everyone,,.

Don't, forget Florida. is more, important to skateboarding than, California.
[close]

I’d love to hear some nuanced reasoning for some of the items on the list, this one in particular.
[close]

You familiar with Rodney Mullen?
[close]

No, never heard of him. Sounds like a pussy name.
[close]

So why are you here then? Thought you were everyone’s pal buddy but you’re just a chump. Obviously.
[close]

I was making a Berra joke from the BATB13 thread.

Of course I’m well acquainted with Rodney’s skating. I’m pushing 40 years old!

While we’re on the subject of Rodney, I’d argue that while yes he had invented numerous flip tricks, he didn’t really actually do anything with them.. not until pushed by Mike Ternasky.

Yes he’s an innovator, but I’d argue the Gonz and Natas are what shaped modern street skating. Then of course you have your Pat Duffy’s that took it to that whole next level.
[close]

All these people accusing Rodney of not doing anything with the tricks he invented, have you guys actually watched his parts recently? He was doing shit over 20 years ago that would be insane if it was done today. Not only did he switch crook fakie varial heel out the top of a school table, but here are some other memorables:

Impossible nose manual nollie flip out (also did a nollie impossible out)
front crook nollie hardflip out a school bench
back 5-0 varial heelflip top of a school table to nose manual a smaller bench below
halfcab crook nollie inward heel
halfcab crook nollie back heel out
front crook nollie backside flip out
front crook nollie hardlfip out

he also darkslid like a 12 stair hubba as well.

My mans was tech as fuck beyond the freestyle we all know him for. He's done some insane stuff that is easy to overlook.
PUT SOME RESPECT ON MY MAN'S NAME.

Once again after MT pushed him out his comfort zone, Rodney would still be skating square decks on a 5x5 slab of concrete
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

mikevsleftlightningtat

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3684 on: November 27, 2023, 08:11:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Shane Heyl?

I can def see why Heyls name could be thrown in due to not a very deep bag of tricks, but if you dive into some podcasts he’s been on recently, he’s been in the scene for so long and has contributed quite a bit to one of the best distros going, among other things. Bea’s mark in skateboarding won’t come close. He has an interview on Talkin Schmitt somewhat recently that took me off the fence and on his side, check it out if you have time

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3685 on: November 27, 2023, 05:04:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, but do you LOVE love him?

Idk. Id definitely love to drank some beers and skate around the city tho.

Probably the only reason I'd go to Miami. Also I'd like to write on some shit.
There's a couple of graffiti bitches I don't like there so I'd just write their name while I'm there to try and cause a lil stir.

I'd look up Steven but he told me he left the state. Then told me I'm a homo and I should just quit
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

BRINK

• Rep: -937
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3686 on: December 03, 2023, 08:45:49 AM »
Beatrice is so sick.

10-15 years from now we will see what an important role she played in skateboarding when everyone she influenced is grown up and ripping. Mark my words. I’m pretty much right about almost everything all the time, so …

Also the catalyst for one of the longest Slap threads of all time, just for riding her skateboard and turning pro.

Amazing she keeps doing her thing despite this.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 10:24:12 AM by BRINK »

work_lurker

« Reply #3687 on: December 04, 2023, 05:31:59 PM »
Beatrice is so sick.

10-15 years from now we will see what an important role she played in skateboarding when everyone she influenced is grown up and ripping. Mark my words. I’m pretty much right about almost everything all the time, so …

Also the catalyst for one of the longest Slap threads of all time, just for riding her skateboard and turning pro.

Brink is back from the graveyard to bring us (ironic?) insight.

TheDingus

« Reply #3688 on: December 04, 2023, 05:42:11 PM »
Beatrice is so sick.

No

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #3689 on: December 04, 2023, 05:58:48 PM »
Just realized the male version might be Jonah Hill