Author Topic: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon  (Read 276751 times)

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1298
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Beatrice Domond pro for FA very soon
« Reply #3690 on: December 04, 2023, 06:25:55 PM »
Beatrice is so sick.

10-15 years from now we will see what an important role she played in skateboarding when everyone she influenced is grown up and ripping. Mark my words. I’m pretty much right about almost everything all the time, so …

Also the catalyst for one of the longest Slap threads of all time, just for riding her skateboard and turning pro.

Amazing she keeps doing her thing despite this.
Nika Washington, Adrianna Sloboh, Vitoria Mendonca, Samaria Brevard (3 of these women do not even follow beatrice on socials), will be seen as the underappreciated trailblazers for a much needed representation of POC women skating while white men in the industry continue to gaslight you into thinking Beatrice is brave for wasting 8 plus years doing interviews about the skating she barely does. All while never championing any other black woman skaters and continuing to tell us how sick gino, guy, and dill are every other week.

mamba

• Rep: 148
  • Sucka free
« Reply #3691 on: December 04, 2023, 06:26:29 PM »
this thread was dying and Brink has to come and necro it just to tell us how we are wrong for hating on her.

Bravo. You’re such a brave soul and your insight into skateboarding is so profound.

Just kidding. He’s a knob

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #3692 on: December 04, 2023, 06:58:11 PM »
this thread was dying and Brink has to come and necro it just to tell us how we are wrong for hating on her.

Bravo. You’re such a brave soul and your insight into skateboarding is so profound.

Just kidding. He’s a knob
they should play SKATE...we can wait for brinkus to find his board

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #3693 on: December 04, 2023, 07:11:23 PM »
Beatrice is so sick.

10-15 years from now we will see what an important role she played in skateboarding when everyone she influenced is grown up and ripping. Mark my words. I’m pretty much right about almost everything all the time, so …

Also the catalyst for one of the longest Slap threads of all time, just for riding her skateboard and turning pro.

I have zero problems with Beatrice and even I think this is dumb.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3694 on: December 04, 2023, 07:21:28 PM »
I hope it's true. I have little faith that we're going be blessed by a wave of new skaters regardless of gender.

I see less and less skaters every day. No family members been interesting in learning since like 2000.

I think about this a lot.

Straight fools.. who hate girls skating...

Don't you wanna meet your dream girl at the spot. Hit it off for a few years then go off start a skate family.

Be like the griswolds but reverse. You your partner and your kids are going to Chicago for skate holiday oh.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 09:08:48 PM by Uncle Flea »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Puddy Smally

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #3695 on: December 04, 2023, 07:30:11 PM »
I hope it's true. I have little faith that we're going be blessed by a wave of new skaters regardless of gender.

I see less and less skaters every day. No family members been interesting in learning since like 2000.

Straight fools..

Don't you wanna meet your dream girl at the spot. Hit it off for a few years then go off start a skate family.

Be like the griswolds but reverse. You your partner and your kids are going to Chicago for skate holiday oh.

I am a part of a skate family and It was low key incredible.
It lasted from like 1980 to like 2001. I'm the last person skating on this coast.

It's never going to be like that tho. The product isn't there to back the pros up.

We need to figure out how to fix this.

Not to sound kinda Boomerish, but I barely even see kids doing any outdoor activities period.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

BRINK

• Rep: -937
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3696 on: December 04, 2023, 07:37:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Beatrice is so sick.

[close]
Nika Washington, Adrianna Sloboh, Vitoria Mendonca, Samaria Brevard (3 of these women do not even follow beatrice on socials), will be seen as the underappreciated trailblazers for a much needed representation of POC women skating while white men in the industry continue to gaslight you into thinking Beatrice is brave for wasting 8 plus years doing interviews about the skating she barely does. All while never championing any other black woman skaters and continuing to tell us how sick gino, guy, and dill are every other week.

They are all sick too! Perhaps if their sponsors supported them as much as B’s support her they would be in a different position.

Speaking of support … so let me guess … all you clowns using this argument are out there buying all the pro product of all these women to support them?

How many Samarria boards have you bought dude? Her pro trucks? Have em? How many times have you reposted her clips and tagged her sponsors and her to show love? Gimme a fuckin break dude, you don’t even know how to spell her name.

Y’all are full of shit when it comes to supporting with your wallets. It was the same when eS went out of biz, or Ronnie Creager being kicked off Blind or anything of that nature.

Hugs and compliments and lamenting and musing after the fact doesn’t pay the bills.

And no … the one-off pair of Lizzie Vans or the Nora Welcome board that some of you may have bought doesn’t cut it. The way this thread is y’all should be buying and skating female signature product all the time to justify all your Karening.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 10:39:36 AM by BRINK »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3697 on: December 04, 2023, 09:09:52 PM »
I should have edited that before I split but thinking about the death of skating in my family required me to go by snacks.
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3698 on: December 05, 2023, 02:20:01 AM »
Expand Quote

Straight fools..

I am a part of a skate family and It was low key incredible.
It lasted from like 1980 to like 2001. I'm the last person skating on this coast.

It's never going to be like that tho. The product isn't there to back the pros up.

We need to figure out how to fix this.
[close]

Not to sound kinda Boomerish, but I barely even see kids doing any outdoor activities period.

Yeah that's a bummer.

Out here it's different.

You can't just let kids become a pile on the couch.

Being I'm shape is important. Video game people would die in the wild.
(A)pl(E)

D10S

• Rep: -53
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #3699 on: December 05, 2023, 07:53:49 AM »

BRINK > BEATRICE

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1225
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3700 on: December 05, 2023, 08:55:02 AM »

BRINK > BEATRICE
those malto etnies were so good when I was wee lad

Septa Bus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #3701 on: December 05, 2023, 08:29:41 PM »
ya'll goin full robert downey junior on this thread jfc
Expand Quote
This is shaping up to be Bunt of the Year
[close]
I hope you like home runs fucker

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3702 on: December 05, 2023, 09:08:32 PM »
Expand Quote

BRINK > BEATRICE
[close]
those malto etnies were so good when I was wee lad

Idk. I'm shocked af and I definitely wanna skate with Brink now. I thought he was like something like Knoxville. Skatebloard adjacent shit.

He fuckin FILMED board slide the ledge both ways tho. That's double flagrant filming foul at any age or skill.

That shit was sick
(A)pl(E)

jums

• Rep: -54
« Reply #3703 on: December 05, 2023, 09:12:56 PM »
Fucking Awesome was and is fucking wack. Without Dill’s Supreme connection that shit wouldn’t have lasted 3 years.

That company should have stayed in 2006. It was only known because Kanye wore a Fucking Awesome all-over print hoodie on stage during the mid 00s streetwear era when all-over print hoodies were crack to the types of people willing to wait in line at Supreme for days to buy a fucking sweatshirt or dunks…

Good business move for Dill tho cause I’m sure he made more $ on this shit this time around than he ever could have hawking tees and hoodies for maybe 2 or 3 years before hypebeasts moved on.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #3704 on: December 06, 2023, 09:47:08 AM »
I was never the biggest FA fan but I was a huge fan of the team in the early days… AVE, Dill having a fifth or sixth wind and skating to glaciers of ice, Dylan., Terp… it’s absolutely insane to see what happened to FA. Never would have expected that it would become what it is in now ten years ago.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

addie pray

• Rep: -526
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #3705 on: December 06, 2023, 01:30:34 PM »
totally. jeff pang called up the carlyle group and said yo son better pay up. brooklyn in the house fool

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3706 on: December 06, 2023, 01:34:29 PM »
I apologize.

I like Jeff you was cool I met him twice.

It's not his fault that jerks like that stuff.

I'm still never rocking those shoes ever tho.

This next part isn't directed at Supreme but a shoe brand

I will always hold resentment towards yesterdays bullies especially if they are making money off inclusivity today.

Pretending to be allies

Cuz I remember everything. But I also gotta remember I was cruel at times.

Tho I tried really hard to not be like that to other skaters.

Well I took down my f****** comments. I was being a dick to that guy just now because supreme isn't really the target . The wack shoe bland is
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 04:25:48 PM by Uncle Flea »
(A)pl(E)

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -486
« Reply #3707 on: December 06, 2023, 03:46:24 PM »
Fucking Awesome was and is fucking wack. Without Dill’s Supreme connection that shit wouldn’t have lasted 3 years.

That company should have stayed in 2006. It was only known because Kanye wore a Fucking Awesome all-over print hoodie on stage during the mid 00s streetwear era when all-over print hoodies were crack to the types of people willing to wait in line at Supreme for days to buy a fucking sweatshirt or dunks…

Good business move for Dill tho cause I’m sure he made more $ on this shit this time around than he ever could have hawking tees and hoodies for maybe 2 or 3 years before hypebeasts moved on.

What? You think supreme the only reason? I’d say it’s the opposite . Supreme is only how big it is  because of that crew that crew dill was smart of enough to pick up on. Do you really think cherry would’ve hit the same if kb was on cliche, Nak on real, and tj on toy? That would’ve just been an alien video with Alex Olson and Eric Koston guest tricks.

Also half the reason that whole thing blew up is odd future . It was all right place right time. Odd future made the whole supreme peak street wear and kb, nakel and sage all
Happened to be good friends with Tyler and earl who were also on Fairfax at the time. Neither companies success would’ve existed without each other and that friend group spending time on Fairfax. FA would’ve been more akin to quasi and supreme would be more like stussy now.

Anyhow yall see Beatrice got her backside flip back? And it’s the worst 120 degree angle ever lol. Or how some magazine called her a generational talent this week? Just spitting in the faces of actual generational talent like rayssa ?
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1298
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3708 on: December 06, 2023, 04:58:42 PM »
I was never the biggest FA fan but I was a huge fan of the team in the early days… AVE, Dill having a fifth or sixth wind and skating to glaciers of ice, Dylan., Terp… it’s absolutely insane to see what happened to FA. Never would have expected that it would become what it is in now ten years ago.
Having a company with lax producing standards was seen as disruptive and punk in 2014. Not so much now. Also I know AVE still skates but FA was always Dill's creative endeavor and him not skating or even just out on sessions is a huge demotivating factor for a team dynamic. I wonder if he is even aware Sean left. No public acknowledgement of it after that letter wishing well to Tyshawn and Nak (who publicly shat on your brand for being lazy) was shady.

work_lurker

• Rep: 81
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #3709 on: December 06, 2023, 05:40:58 PM »

Stayed in 2006? Based off your posts I get the impression you're between the age of 12 and 19. What kind of alternate reality do you live in? Fucking Awesome was not even an idea in 2006.
You are very passionate I can tell, and that's respectable.
But, you're also pretty uninformed, and that combined with passion, is dangerous and annoying.

Maybe you should just read more and contribute your thoughts less for the time being.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

grassblade

« Reply #3710 on: December 06, 2023, 05:44:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Stayed in 2006? Based off your posts I get the impression you're between the age of 12 and 19. What kind of alternate reality do you live in? Fucking Awesome was not even an idea in 2006.
But, you're also pretty uninformed, and that combined with passion, is dangerous and annoying.

Maybe you should just read more and contribute your thoughts less for the time being.

this post is so good

let’s not tell him

work_lurker

« Reply #3711 on: December 06, 2023, 05:53:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this post is so good

let’s not tell him

I'm a kook.

https://www.depop.com/products/slammingbeers-fucking-awesome-hoodie-from-2006/

TelethonJohn

• Rep: 57
« Reply #3712 on: December 06, 2023, 05:57:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this post is so good

let’s not tell him
[close]

I'm a kook.

I didn't know FA had been around that long either, but I had my doubts about your inference of his age vs. him using the word, "wack." I say it all the time myself and my nephew makes fun of me for it.

jums

« Reply #3713 on: December 06, 2023, 06:28:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this post is so good

let’s not tell him
[close]

I'm a kook.

Stooooooops

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this post is so good

let’s not tell him
[close]

I'm a kook.

[close]

I didn't know FA had been around that long either, but I had my doubts about your inference of his age vs. him using the word, "wack." I say it all the time myself and my nephew makes fun of me for it.

You cats are the young ones… Back in 05-06 when Dill was cracked out and still living in NYC he created Fucking Awesome. It was some spontaneous shit and it had nothing to do with skateboarding. He dropped like a handful of T-shirts and a couple of hoodies and closed up shop. It was very brief and underground… yet sought after because of the hype…

work_lurker

« Reply #3714 on: December 06, 2023, 06:29:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this post is so good

let’s not tell him
[close]

I'm a kook.

[close]

That is very fair reasoning and I would like to retract my previous statement. I’ll sit back and read a bit.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3715 on: December 06, 2023, 07:26:26 PM »
I miss Alien. That was the best era.
(A)pl(E)

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3336
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #3716 on: December 06, 2023, 07:58:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this post is so good

let’s not tell him
[close]

I'm a kook.

[close]

Stooooooops

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this post is so good

let’s not tell him
[close]

I'm a kook.

[close]

[close]

You cats are the young ones… Back in 05-06 when Dill was cracked out and still living in NYC he created Fucking Awesome. It was some spontaneous shit and it had nothing to do with skateboarding. He dropped like a handful of T-shirts and a couple of hoodies and closed up shop. It was very brief and underground… yet sought after because of the hype…

I always thought FA was not any kind of hit and just failed to launch the first time around. This wasn’t based on any actual knowledge though…just assumed at the time since it blew.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #3717 on: December 06, 2023, 08:06:53 PM »
havent been on the boards for a while.. took a bit of a break, but beatrice showed up stepping around in a pleated skirt and knu skools in vans commerical on hulu and here i am again

https://youtu.be/uBPWcdCz7qE?feature=shared&t=233

pretty sure this dill interview came out just a couple months before he launched FA as a full on brand lol

Fakie backsideflip

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3718 on: December 06, 2023, 08:11:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Having a company with lax producing standards was seen as disruptive and punk in 2014. Not so much now. Also I know AVE still skates but FA was always Dill's creative endeavor and him not skating or even just out on sessions is a huge demotivating factor for a team dynamic. I wonder if he is even aware Sean left. No public acknowledgement of it after that letter wishing well to Tyshawn and Nak (who publicly shat on your brand for being lazy) was shady.

Hahah so true, I think he was trying to keep the porch light on for Tyshawn if king skateboards didn’t pan out, maybe Sean leaving felt more like a slap to dill because losing an original member who embodies the company at its most vulnerable time felt more fucked up to him .

jums

« Reply #3719 on: December 06, 2023, 08:14:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this post is so good

let’s not tell him
[close]

I'm a kook.

[close]

Stooooooops

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this post is so good

let’s not tell him
[close]

I'm a kook.

[close]

[close]

[close]

I always thought FA was not any kind of hit and just failed to launch the first time around. This wasn’t based on any actual knowledge though…just assumed at the time since it blew.

It was some small shit. I’m telling you like a run or two of hoodies and shirts. Kanye was wearing the gear and everyone wanted one of those hoodies. This was the beginning of the “hypebeast” era. So many streetwear complanies came and went during that time and Fucking Awesome was one of them. Like I said Dill was living in NYC at the time and was on drugs so who knows why he didn’t cash in the 1st time.