Author Topic: for those of you who have seen Cloverfield...  (Read 4225 times)

johnok

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
for those of you who have seen Cloverfield...
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:30:11 PM »
if you want to, lets discuss it here.

What'd you guys think?
Did you notice any other weird scenes like the splash in the ocean at the end?
Do you think there will be a sequel that will explain more?

and did anyone else realize that cute girl who played Marlena was also that lesbian from Mean Girls??

johnok

• Rep: 7
Re: for those of you who have seen Cloverfield...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 10:51:47 PM »
After the credits you hear something, but when reversed it says, "its still alive"

http://cloverfieldmessage.ytmnd.com/

coreyquinn

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 10:59:17 PM »
i watched it and i thought it was awesome, i thought it was so awesome in fact i went on a message board about it and found this

"There's a lot of homework to be done here but this is how it works. Slusho, the drink that Jason has on his t-shirt, has the parasite eggs in it, unknowingly placed in the drink as part of the flavor, and that is what attracts "Cloverfield" the creature to Manhattan. He eats the parasite eggs. Hence the reason why Marlena, et al were infected with the eggs so that the monster could eat the eggs, or to produce more parasites for the monster to eat. Earlier when they are attacked in the subway tunnel, Hud says that he thought the parasites were just trying to drag him away. The parasites were trying to drag him away because he drank a lot of slusho, and therefore had the eggs inside of him. The reason we see part of Hud's body after the monster attacks him is because the monster sucks the parasite eggs out of Hud's body, (assuming that Hud drank a lot of slusho, "You Can't Just Have Six" (because assumingly, after six the parasite eggs start to infest in your system.) and left the carcass behind because he wasn't interested in the flesh, just the parasite eggs.

Interestingly enough, the company that Rob has been promoted to Vice President in is called Tagruato. The company that ironically enough, produces Slusho, among other things. So therefore, we awoke the monster Cloverfield from his slumber deep beneath the ocean, because we drank enough of this slushy drink containing as one of the ingredients, parasite eggs.

This is also why people such as Marlena were overlooked by the monster because apparently they never drank Slusho, and therefore didn't have any of the parasitic eggs in their system to interest the monster in the first place. Otherwise she would have been sucked dry just as everyone else had been in her first encounter with the monster. "

i nerded out, but what the fuck, i dont know i guess alot of it makes sense

Cattelan

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 11:21:36 PM »
I'm really glad I went to There Will Be Blood again, rather than this.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 11:29:08 PM »
So stoked, I'd be psyched on a sequel.

In the other thread someone bashes the lack of a plot and explainations, but considering how it was made to portray the last couple frantic hours of those people's lives, it makes it even better that you don't know shit, aside from what they directly encounter. Like durring any disaster that ever happens, no one knows what the fucks' going on till days after it happens. Realistic as fuck. Go watch the Day After Tomorrow if you wanna see someone that's well informed battle the odds.

I dunno, I'm obviously no film critic, but that's what I think. Shit was sick

i'm not buying the "slusho" shit, that'd just be stupid. I hope if they make a sequel, there's no mention of slusho, ever.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 11:41:47 PM »
That's 8.50 and 2 hours i'll never get back.  I should have taken dramamine- that stupid handheld camera was horrible.

Also, because JJ Abrams did this there are probably going to be a bunch of stupid interlaced theories like lost which will never get fully resolved and you'll just end up frustrated. Lame.

Marvin Gaye

• Rep: 10
  • Whats Goin' On?
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 11:47:23 PM »
this is why cloverfield was awsome for me.

1.picked up a fat sack.
2.snuck a homie in with a devious plan.
3.Ironman.
4.personally i found the dialogue to be incredibly believable, almost spot on.
5.one of the few movies that was completely worth my 10 bucks.

sequal. i hope not. im satisfied.

this was the first time in a while that I skipped it.  I save my self for real trade shows like Magic. 

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 11:51:07 PM »
Yeah, the iron man and star trek trailers almost made it worthwhile.

nerd34

• Rep: 2
  • Riding on a Murshaq back
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 11:57:51 PM »

if its the same one thats with Robert Downey junior being monotoned saying "dont throw up any gang signs" not worth it.

slusho is a tie in.

Im pissed tickets for movies went up to 10.50 in NJ

Waiting for Rambo.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 01:21:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if its the same one thats with Robert Downey junior being monotoned saying "dont throw up any gang signs" not worth it.

slusho is a tie in.

Im pissed tickets for movies went up to 10.50 in NJ

Waiting for Rambo.

damn, really? I paid with gift card tickets, so I've no clue, but the 3 people ahead of me paid a total of like 18 dollars
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 06:07:07 AM »
and hell boy 2. that shit looks really fucking good.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 07:19:11 AM »
so it's not godzilla right?

Vauxhall

• Rep: 0
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 07:52:13 AM »
It's a kriller.

Penis_Monster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 08:07:00 AM »
this is apparently an image from the upcoming sequel:

"I FEAR NO MAN"

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 08:41:54 AM »
i watched it and i thought it was awesome, i thought it was so awesome in fact i went on a message board about it and found this

"There's a lot of homework to be done here but this is how it works. Slusho, the drink that Jason has on his t-shirt, has the parasite eggs in it, unknowingly placed in the drink as part of the flavor, and that is what attracts "Cloverfield" the creature to Manhattan. He eats the parasite eggs. Hence the reason why Marlena, et al were infected with the eggs so that the monster could eat the eggs, or to produce more parasites for the monster to eat. Earlier when they are attacked in the subway tunnel, Hud says that he thought the parasites were just trying to drag him away. The parasites were trying to drag him away because he drank a lot of slusho, and therefore had the eggs inside of him. The reason we see part of Hud's body after the monster attacks him is because the monster sucks the parasite eggs out of Hud's body, (assuming that Hud drank a lot of slusho, "You Can't Just Have Six" (because assumingly, after six the parasite eggs start to infest in your system.) and left the carcass behind because he wasn't interested in the flesh, just the parasite eggs.

Interestingly enough, the company that Rob has been promoted to Vice President in is called Tagruato. The company that ironically enough, produces Slusho, among other things. So therefore, we awoke the monster Cloverfield from his slumber deep beneath the ocean, because we drank enough of this slushy drink containing as one of the ingredients, parasite eggs.

This is also why people such as Marlena were overlooked by the monster because apparently they never drank Slusho, and therefore didn't have any of the parasitic eggs in their system to interest the monster in the first place. Otherwise she would have been sucked dry just as everyone else had been in her first encounter with the monster. "

i'm calling bullshit on that. the thing landed in the ocean a month before. what, the flavor for that slusho shit came from the ocean? just because he did lost people are going to come up with convoluted theories about this. he's doing star trek too, so what kind of shit are people going to dream up for that?

Marvin Gaye

• Rep: 10
  • Whats Goin' On?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 09:51:34 AM »
 >:(

i didnt see anything involving slusho.
this was the first time in a while that I skipped it.  I save my self for real trade shows like Magic. 

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 12:29:28 PM »
this is apparently an image from the upcoming sequel:

hahah, that hammer's abd

you better go back to school

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2008, 12:41:51 PM »
(assuming that Hud drank a lot of slusho, "You Can't Just Have Six" (because assumingly, after six the parasite eggs start to infest in your system.)

That sentence makes zero fucking sense. "You Can't Just Have Six" seems encouraging to have more than six.
If someone finds out that's anything close to the truth for the sequel, if it will happen at all, someone needs to go on a South Park inspired journey to make sure it's never seen.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 01:44:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
i'm calling bullshit on that. the thing landed in the ocean a month before. what, the flavor for that slusho shit came from the ocean? just because he did lost people are going to come up with convoluted theories about this. he's doing star trek too, so what kind of shit are people going to dream up for that?

If something that big landed in the ocean, don't you think it would have had a bigger splash then you see? I also don't think the water was even deep enough where it supposedly landed to have it go completely underwater. Apparently what landed in the ocean was a satellite from the company Rob was getting transferred to. It says that they're looking for it on one of those tie in sites.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 03:31:46 PM »
i need to see this, i'm lost trying to read about it.

blazini

• Rep: -91
  • kook me, boi.
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2008, 04:05:16 PM »
is it worth it? doesnt look that good.
goon skwad

artichoke

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2008, 04:35:21 PM »
I did some reading online, and apparently the tie in sites all add together as follows:

Slusho, the company that Rob was going to work for, is owned by the bigger company that lost the satellite in the ocean.  Abrams said in some interview that is quoted on IMDB that the monster has been in the ocean for centuries, so we can probably assume that the satellite is what fell at the end of the movie and that it awoke the monster.  There are also fake myspace profiles by Abram's company floating around.

It's going to end up a convoluted mess that goes on far too long (they're obviously going for a sequel with the "it's not dead" quote at the end of the credits) just like lost.

Fuck JJ Abrams.

jack sandwich

• Rep: 21
  • lost in the sauce.
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 04:53:27 PM »
shakey camera gave me a bad high..
other than that, it was pretty cool.

i guess it was worth my $0.00 (thanks to mr. gaye)

john

• Rep: 8

Common Sense

• Rep: 3
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2008, 06:07:01 PM »
Holy shit!!! What an awesome movie! It was like nothing I have ever seen before and I can't wait to see it again. After reading about it here and on IMDB, I'm going to have to pay more attention to some of the smaller things happening in the film.

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 07:08:33 PM »
so it's not godzilla right?
it looked like a bat without wings.

oh yeah and....
Expand Quote
Fuck JJ Abrams.
[close]

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 07:14:25 PM »
I did some reading online, and apparently the tie in sites all add together as follows:

Slusho, the company that Rob was going to work for, is owned by the bigger company that lost the satellite in the ocean.  Abrams said in some interview that is quoted on IMDB that the monster has been in the ocean for centuries, so we can probably assume that the satellite is what fell at the end of the movie and that it awoke the monster.  There are also fake myspace profiles by Abram's company floating around.

It's going to end up a convoluted mess that goes on far too long (they're obviously going for a sequel with the "it's not dead" quote at the end of the credits) just like lost.

Fuck JJ Abrams.
fuck. i like this movie a whole lot less now. what a fucking asshole.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Back?
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 07:30:24 PM »

Fuck JJ Abrams.

The satellite isn't what woke it up. It was the drilling the company was doing. Apparently there is some truth to the secret ingredient in slusho theory. It seems the ingredient is found deep in the ocean where the monster was sleeping. Theres also the thought that its actually the monster's eggs, which is why he's attacking. There was also a ship out in the ocean that was carrying the ingredient which was attacked before NYC. So it also seems that the government knew about the monster before it got to the city. I don't know about the monster(s) only eating people that drank Slusho part, but the secret ingredient has to do with him being woken up. Did anyone else read about the monster is only a baby? Pretty ridiculous to think that its not even at full size and intelligence yet.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 07:34:18 PM by Tommy Tutone »

jack sandwich

• Rep: 21
  • lost in the sauce.
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 11:02:44 PM »
it's not slusho, but sluggo is behind all of this!  ::)

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Back?
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2008, 11:43:26 PM »
So where the fuck is everyone finding this stuff?  I'm reading these huge nerd paragraphs, and I want to see where the proof of all of this came from.  JJ Abrams must be a smart dude, he's just rolling in it at this point, especially since when I get off of here I'm going to watch the rest of season 3 of Lost.  Faggot.

Just go to movie sites like IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes. I let those nerds decipher everything.